Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Therian Daily Thought - The 5th!

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus Paws View Post
    Just to clarify, when I say it makes me uneasy, I'm in no way saying it's a bad thing. I think it's good that they come back and the forum and their therianthropy holds their relevance. A lot of therians seem to have just gone through a phase as teenagers or whatever, but seeing long-term therians come back reaffirms therianthropy as a strong, legitimate belief to many people.

I think the feelings I described above are probably less about therianthropy in particular, and instead more about seeing people develop overtime, although I think relating to them in at least some manner as a result of a shared therian identity adds to it somewhat. I don't know exactly why that makes me feel that way, however.
    Maybe you are going through the same thing when it comes to your own development in therianthropy.? That is why you are feeling that way towards other people who are developing there own identity when it comes to the human side and maybe even to there therian side. What about you, Do you see therianthropy as a strong belief in yourself or something as a phase in yourself.?
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; March 27th, 2018 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    Maybe you are going through the same thing when it comes to your own development in therianthropy.? That is why you are feeling that way towards other people who are developing there own identity when it comes to the human side and maybe even to there therian side. What about you, Do you see therianthropy as a strong belief in yourself or something as a phase in yourself.?
    I don't think it's a phase. I've thought about it, and I don't think the development of mine or their therianthropy is what's causing it, either.

However, to answer your question, I think as a psychological therian the way it can develop and manifest over time can sometimes be different to spiritual therians. It's definitely always there, with some things triggering it more than others, sometimes randomly and sometimes predictably. Even when I'm not feeling particularly shifty and in the times when I question my therianthropy, something will come along which will involuntarily cause a shift and reaffirm it.
    “We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be – the mythologized epitome of a savage ruthless killer – which is, in reality, no more than a reflected image of ourself.” - Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf

I think one reason (of many) why some older members take long breaks is life happens. I know it's happened with me ever since I discovered the online therian community in the late 1990s. I remember being a member of the last incarnation of Werelist before the forum crashed and back then I had taken a break of around 3 years or so because I was so busy with college and getting my career going. For some therians it's not questioning their therianthropy (although I did spend some time and introspection while I was away from the community) but yeah, for a lot of the older members it's more likely becoming busy with life. I think that's why Coyote, the original Admin of Werelist, left because they needed to focus on career things.

I can't speak for others but I know for myself I've taken a few mini-breaks lasting from several months to over a year. It's definitely helped reinforce my experiences as legit and knowing what I'm feel isn't being influenced by what others talk about in the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnia View Post
    I think one reason (of many) why some older members take long breaks is life happens. I know it's happened with me ever since I discovered the online therian community in the late 1990s. I remember being a member of the last incarnation of Werelist before the forum crashed and back then I had taken a break of around 3 years or so because I was so busy with college and getting my career going. For some therians it's not questioning their therianthropy (although I did spend some time and introspection while I was away from the community) but yeah, for a lot of the older members it's more likely becoming busy with life. I think that's why Coyote, the original Admin of Werelist, left because they needed to focus on career things.

I can't speak for others but I know for myself I've taken a few mini-breaks lasting from several months to over a year. It's definitely helped reinforce my experiences as legit and knowing what I'm feel isn't being influenced by what others talk about in the community.
    That is he same reason why I left the community back during the 90s is because of life and dealing with school work and other thing. But looking back now. I think I should have stayed no matter what was going on. But I can tell you guys is that I will not be making the same mistake again. No matter how bad my life gets, I will always be on here. Werelist and you guys are my family and my home.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnia View Post

Yeah there'll be multiple reasons why people take breaks, including life getting in the way. That's part of why I haven't been as active lately. I agree that it gives a chance for introspection, and a reanalysis of your beliefs which, if they withstand, can reinforce them.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    That is he same reason why I left the community back during the 90s is because of life and dealing with school work and other thing. But looking back now. I think I should have stayed no matter what was going on. But I can tell you guys is that I will not be making the same mistake again. No matter how bad my life gets, I will always be on here. Werelist and you guys are my family and my home.
    It's cool that you've been around on therian forums since the 90's. I hope you're doing well by the way hotdog.
    “We have doomed the wolf not for what it is, but for what we deliberately and mistakenly perceive it to be – the mythologized epitome of a savage ruthless killer – which is, in reality, no more than a reflected image of ourself.” - Farley Mowat, Never Cry Wolf

Thank you. I am doing well. The only way I am leaving werelist if the world ends.

Blog Entries

Hey Lupus Paws, it's good to see you again. I've been on and off the community for several months now and my stay is always short-lived, never consistent. Life gets in the way mostly.
    Sometimes, I think the community doesn't need me anymore, because of my lack of experience. I hate to say this, but there've been so many changes in my life that I can't quite remember what it was like to be a wolf. Yet I do remember that there were certain quirks, ideas in my life that can't be explained by "common sense". Therefore, I keep on popping up here and there, chiming in to say hello or talk to a friend, but I've never been years away from forums. I stick to them, because whatever doubt there may be, I think they're important and I feel that I belong here, that I should attend to them.
    I still would like to find out what the wolf means to me eventually. I do read occasionally and find that there's still useful information about us so therefore I can't give up my search just yet. You are valuable to me, and I regard the forums' players as a part of my world. If you like, you can talk to me again! I'll try to reach out for you as soon as possible.

I agree though, talking to people who've been away for over a decade isn't easy. It probably takes forever to get to know them again.
    You don't know exactly what's changed in their lives, heck, they might even have different ideas than when they were young.
    It's definitely okay to chime in here again, and I would compliment them for doing so, but perhaps another introduction would help.
    People who do not come back probably have developed other ideas about therianthropy or do not identify anymore as such, it's hard to tell. I wouldn't worry about it so much; it's still good to see you guys around though. Place hasn't changed a thing while I was gone.

I am such a birdbrain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen View Post
    I am such a birdbrain.
    Then I guess that you are smarter then all the humans around you. See that birds have a very high I.Q rate over most humans.

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/when-d...on-cormorants/

When dams alter the ecosystem...blame it on cormorants? CORMORANTS? Did the cormorants build the dam?