Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Therian Daily Thought - The 5th!

Default Therian Daily Thought - The 5th!

Continuing the Therian Daily Thought here; enjoy this new thread!

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, The 10th Kingdom
    Seawolf = wolf/werewolf & mermaid

Why are you feeling sad Micheal.?

First

First

EDIT: Ugh, I was like, three seconds too slow. When I loaded the page three seconds before typing "first" and hitting the submit button, there were no other replies here.
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    Why are you feeling sad Micheal.?
    It's a long story but a lot of it comes down to the fact that I'm stuck indoors all the time and mom indirectly restricts what I can do. She thinks I just sit in front of the computer all the time but in reality I want to do other things. I just... don't want to do the other things that she says I should do, and I don't want her digging her nose into whatever it is that I do. I want to explore, I want to wander with my camera, I want to be myself and go where life takes me. I don't want to go to a pre-arranged place at a pre-arranged time to do a pre-arranged activity and then get a phone call every five minutes to ask how it's going. I don't want her tagging along with me everywhere that I go. When I go out to take pictures with my camera, she always comes along and it inhibits my creativity. Half the time I can't go where I want to go, because it's some little place down somewhere that isn't worth the formal "day out" that she makes out of everything. I'm tired of having to justify everything that I do to her, and having to pre-plan and pre-arrange everything. She makes such a big thing out of everything. Even saying that I want to set foot outside the house would be such a big thing to her, "oh wow finally you're getting out more", "oh this is so great you can get some fresh air", "did you run out of things to do on the computer?" and so on. I don't want her making a big thing out of everything. I just want to get on with my life. The past few months I've finally had a sense of where I want to go, I don't want that going away before I get a chance to live.

TL;DR I'm feeling like any wolf feels when they're stuck indoors all the time against their will. Creeping around with their head and tail hanging low, howling mournfully on occasion, and lying around sleeping most of the time. I feel dead inside.
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

Quote Originally Posted by micheal65536 View Post
    It's a long story but a lot of it comes down to the fact that I'm stuck indoors all the time and mom indirectly restricts what I can do. She thinks I just sit in front of the computer all the time but in reality I want to do other things. I just... don't want to do the other things that she says I should do, and I don't want her digging her nose into whatever it is that I do. I want to explore, I want to wander with my camera, I want to be myself and go where life takes me. I don't want to go to a pre-arranged place at a pre-arranged time to do a pre-arranged activity and then get a phone call every five minutes to ask how it's going. I don't want her tagging along with me everywhere that I go. When I go out to take pictures with my camera, she always comes along and it inhibits my creativity. Half the time I can't go where I want to go, because it's some little place down somewhere that isn't worth the formal "day out" that she makes out of everything. I'm tired of having to justify everything that I do to her, and having to pre-plan and pre-arrange everything. She makes such a big thing out of everything. Even saying that I want to set foot outside the house would be such a big thing to her, "oh wow finally you're getting out more", "oh this is so great you can get some fresh air", "did you run out of things to do on the computer?" and so on. I don't want her making a big thing out of everything. I just want to get on with my life. The past few months I've finally had a sense of where I want to go, I don't want that going away before I get a chance to live.

TL;DR I'm feeling like any wolf feels when they're stuck indoors all the time against their will. Creeping around with their head and tail hanging low, howling mournfully on occasion, and lying around sleeping most of the time. I feel dead inside.
    Well how old are you.? If your 21 years old then your an adult and can do anything you want and go anywhere you want and she can't stop you or to be that controlling. Also, I think to escape your mother, I think you should join the army. That way she can be around you all the time. By the way, NO offence. But that sounds and sometimes is worse then what my mother use to do to me. Also, My mother used me for my disability checks and that is why to this day why I don't have a fucking job.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    Well how old are you.? If your 21 years old then your an adult and can do anything you want and go anywhere you want and she can't stop you or to be that controlling.
    I'm 19 which is legally an adult in the UK. But here's the thing: I'm still dependant on her. Without her, I'd have no food, nowhere to live, and no electricity or internet access (computing is a major interest of mine, I need somewhere to plug my computer in). I'm trying to gradually build up an IT business but it's going slowly and it will be a long time before I can earn enough to live on (and that doesn't account for the fact that I haven't got the slightest idea how to cook). So if I go against her, my life will just become hell. I'll still be stuck here, and she'll be angry and bitter towards me all the time and probably even more suspicious of me than she already is and accusing me of "not involving her" in anything.

The thing is, I don't dislike her. She's not abusive and as far as mothers go I'd say she's one of the better kinds. For the most part, she does everything that a mother should do, plus more, and doesn't use or manipulate or take advantage of me. And sometimes, I like to do things together with her. But there's two problems with her, first is her insistence on "protecting" me (I don't know what she thinks is going to happen to me, I'm an adult now and the only reason why I have no experience of the world outside of the house is because she never lets me get any, yet she always goes on about how dangerous the world out there is and how inexperienced I am - well duh, how am I ever going to get "mature" enough to venture out into the world if you keep me indoors all the time?) and second is her tendency to think, when I don't want her involved in something, that I don't care about her or am pushing her away or whatever. She can't accept that firstly I'm an adult now and I have enough common sense to not get into any real danger and secondly just because I don't want her involved in everything doesn't mean that I don't want her involved in anything. And if I even spoke about any of these issues with her she'd make such a Big Thing out of it that I cringe to even think at how annoying (not angry, just childishly annoying) that would be.

Can't I just live as an independent adult now, which means that I get on with my life and you get on with your life and we stay out of each other's way but that doesn't mean that we don't like each other and that we don't ever want to do anything together? I don't ask her all the details of where she goes or what she does, and when I do she often declines to answer. Why can't it be the same for me? For dog's sake, why can't I be treated as an equal?
    Psychological therian.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by micheal65536 View Post
    I'm 19 which is legally an adult in the UK. But here's the thing: I'm still dependant on her. Without her, I'd have no food, nowhere to live, and no electricity or internet access (computing is a major interest of mine, I need somewhere to plug my computer in). I'm trying to gradually build up an IT business but it's going slowly and it will be a long time before I can earn enough to live on (and that doesn't account for the fact that I haven't got the slightest idea how to cook). So if I go against her, my life will just become hell. I'll still be stuck here, and she'll be angry and bitter towards me all the time and probably even more suspicious of me than she already is and accusing me of "not involving her" in anything.

The thing is, I don't dislike her. She's not abusive and as far as mothers go I'd say she's one of the better kinds. For the most part, she does everything that a mother should do, plus more, and doesn't use or manipulate or take advantage of me. And sometimes, I like to do things together with her. But there's two problems with her, first is her insistence on "protecting" me (I don't know what she thinks is going to happen to me, I'm an adult now and the only reason why I have no experience of the world outside of the house is because she never lets me get any, yet she always goes on about how dangerous the world out there is and how inexperienced I am - well duh, how am I ever going to get "mature" enough to venture out into the world if you keep me indoors all the time?) and second is her tendency to think, when I don't want her involved in something, that I don't care about her or am pushing her away or whatever. She can't accept that firstly I'm an adult now and I have enough common sense to not get into any real danger and secondly just because I don't want her involved in everything doesn't mean that I don't want her involved in anything. And if I even spoke about any of these issues with her she'd make such a Big Thing out of it that I cringe to even think at how annoying (not angry, just childishly annoying) that would be.

Can't I just live as an independent adult now, which means that I get on with my life and you get on with your life and we stay out of each other's way but that doesn't mean that we don't like each other and that we don't ever want to do anything together? I don't ask her all the details of where she goes or what she does, and when I do she often declines to answer. Why can't it be the same for me? For dog's sake, why can't I be treated as an equal?
    I don't see any other way out of it than discussing it with your mom, since the problem is that she doesn't see things the way you do. Building trust takes time and you have to show her that you are capable of taking care of yourself in order to earn it. Sure, parents can be quite stubborn when it comes to things like this, but you have to try to make her understand that what she's doing is hurting you instead of helping.

Also, good luck with your business, job hunting sure can be hell these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Sula View Post
    I don't see any other way out of it than discussing it with your mom, since the problem is that she doesn't see things the way you do. Building trust takes time and you have to show her that you are capable of taking care of yourself in order to earn it. Sure, parents can be quite stubborn when it comes to things like this, but you have to try to make her understand that what she's doing is hurting you instead of helping.
    There's a bit of a meta-problem with this though. I can't just talk to her about it, because part of the problem is that whenever I talk to her about anything she makes a big thing out of it. Also it's hard for me to trust her because she's broken trust in the past (unintentionally). I can't trust her to handle things well because there are things that I told her in the past that she handled fine at the time but a few months later was all like "why do you have to be like this" and "can't you just ..." and so on about it and just generally making me feel bad about it and as though it's my fault even though she claimed that she didn't want to. It is for this reason that I haven't told her about therianthropy, don't plan on telling her any time soon unless absolutely necessary (and by absolutely necessary I mean more absolutely necessary than the last thing that I regret telling her), and have generally closed off from her more than before.
    Psychological therian.

Thinking about how confusing my identity is. I think it's one thing- BAM IT'S ANOTHER LOL
    Then I try to work with the new "identity" and bam I'm back to where I started for a while...making me think it was just a phase...then bam it's back AGAIN!

WHO AM I!
    the birds are back in town
    It rhymes with gurglin'
    Wait no it doesn't

Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen View Post
    Thinking about how confusing my identity is. I think it's one thing- BAM IT'S ANOTHER LOL
    Then I try to work with the new "identity" and bam I'm back to where I started for a while...making me think it was just a phase...then bam it's back AGAIN!

WHO AM I!
    I think you are a bird in a human body. Where I am a Timber Wolf in a human body. Yes, I know it can get confusing sometimes. In that what I mean is you want to do animal things, Like in my case wanting to hunt and run on all fours and can't because the human body is not built to do that kind of thing. I am sure that you are wanting to fly and can't because you are stuck in a human body.