Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 140

Thread: Therian Daily Thought - The 5th!

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    64
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by micheal65536 View Post
    There's a bit of a meta-problem with this though. I can't just talk to her about it, because part of the problem is that whenever I talk to her about anything she makes a big thing out of it. Also it's hard for me to trust her because she's broken trust in the past (unintentionally). I can't trust her to handle things well because there are things that I told her in the past that she handled fine at the time but a few months later was all like "why do you have to be like this" and "can't you just ..." and so on about it and just generally making me feel bad about it and as though it's my fault even though she claimed that she didn't want to. It is for this reason that I haven't told her about therianthropy, don't plan on telling her any time soon unless absolutely necessary (and by absolutely necessary I mean more absolutely necessary than the last thing that I regret telling her), and have generally closed off from her more than before.
    Yeah, it is a difficult situation with no easy way out. Parents will always in a way see their children as immature, no matter how old they are, and that's just the way it is. I also agree that telling our mother about your therianthropy is a bad idea, even if it is causing some tension between you two.

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sula View Post
    I also agree that telling our mother about your therianthropy is a bad idea, even if it is causing some tension between you two.
    No it's not really causing tension. There was a time when she kept calling me a puppy (or, worse, a wolf - I have no idea why) but she seems to have calmed down again. There's no tension about it. The only thing is that her keeping me indoors all the time is really not good for my wolf side, wolves don't like to be kept indoors all the time.
    Psychological therian.

    "If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    64
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by micheal65536 View Post
    No it's not really causing tension. There was a time when she kept calling me a puppy (or, worse, a wolf - I have no idea why) but she seems to have calmed down again. There's no tension about it. The only thing is that her keeping me indoors all the time is really not good for my wolf side, wolves don't like to be kept indoors all the time.
    Have you tried looking into meditation? It may take some practice to get right, but I've found it a good way to calm my nerves when I'm feeling particularly shifty.

  4. #14

    Default

    A few days ago I was at shop right market with my step-father and I really don't like going shopping with him and by the end of it was a stressed out and I started petting my head and I wasn't even aware of it but I managed to snap myself out of it and I stopped before anyone could say anything.

  5. #15

    Default

    Hey guys, I just emailed Yourdeer and she said she is doing fine. She got some new art stuff going on and she said that she will be going though gender transition surgery this fall. Yourdeer and Herringbone and Refkins have all moved into gather to a new apartment. Yourdeer said that she is not sure if she will be coming back to werelist but she did say that she will keep in contact with a few folk on Twtter and Discord. That's about it. I told her that everyone on here said Hi.
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; September 19th, 2017 at 05:52 PM.

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    N.Y
    Posts
    576
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    Hey guys, I just emailed Yourdeer and she said she is doing fine. She got some new art stuff going on and she said that she will be going though gender transition surgery this fall. Yourdeer and Herringbone and Refkins have all moved into gather to a new apartment. Yourdeer said that she is not sure if she will be coming back to werelist but she did say that she will keep in contact with a few folk on Twtter and Discord. That's about it. I told her that everyone on here said Hi.
    Oo haven't seen Yourdeer in a long while. I hope everything goes well.

    Therian thought: It's fall which means (typically for me) more shifty experiences. This could go quite well, or not but I'll find out soon enough. I for one welcome it. It's been rather stale lately, though this is probably because the tail end of my summer depression.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted/therian
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

  7. #17

    Default

    I hope that deer comes back, but if not, it's their choice.
    "Quoting yourself in your signature is silly" ~Kerguelen
    It rhymes with gurglin'
    Wait no it doesn't

  8. #18

    Default

    TIFU: "That's not upside down, earlier you were upside down!"

    Our story begins one evening, a few minutes ago, when I was sitting/lying on the bed with mom. Needless to say I was feeling shifty and tended to be sitting more-or-less wolf-like (for that matter, I usually sit this way, and it takes a pretty strong non-shift for me to naturally/instinctively sit the "human" way). Specifically, as we were talking, I spent most of the time sitting with my back legs folded under me and my front legs straight down in front of me to support my weight, back facing upwards towards the ceiling and chest facing downwards towards the bed. At one point I also half-lay-down, front legs stretched out in front of me and back legs slightly out to the side. Actually forget this, I'm having a hard time describing it and any wolf/canine (and probably other species as well) should know what I mean and I want to get on with the story.

    Anyway so I had been sitting this way for about half an hour, with my back up towards the ceiling, and at that point it came time for me to get up to leave. Now I should mention that changing from "wolf mode" to "human mode" when positioning one's body can be difficult, as naturally from this position I would jump off of the bed and land on four legs. So I find myself tottering on the edge of the bed, trying to decide if I should jump down and land on four legs, or if I should turn around and try to put my back legs down first, or what I should do. Mom, as ignorant to my circumstances yet patient and non-judgemental as she was, noticed my situation and tried to help me.

    "Sit down then put your legs out," she instructed. I sat back down as I had been sitting before, then asked how I was supposed to put my legs out. "No, sit down," she repeated. "I am sitting." "Turn around," she said. So I turned around. Now I was back where I was a moment ago, sitting with my tail towards the edge of the bed and trying to figure out how to lower my back legs off of the edge without falling backwards in the process.

    "No, turn the other way," she continued, trying desperately to describe what she meant. So I turned around again. "Put your legs forward." At this point I almost put my front legs forward. "Put your bottom flat on the bed and hang your legs over the edge!" she finally explained. Combined with her more detailed description and my increasing human thought I finally concluded "Oh, you want me to sit upside down!" and then did so, sitting on the edge of the bed in a human manner and succeeding in getting up off the bed onto my back/two legs. "No, that's not upside down, the way you were sitting is upside down!" "But... I've got my tummy pointing up in the air! That's upside down!"

    *facepaw*
    Psychological therian.

    "If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

  9. #19

    Default

    Good news, I went to see if I too could search for Dogman and I started to look near the woods near my house but so far nothing. I am going to need to go to places where there are actual dogman sightings in my state. The only issues I got is how to get there and hot much it is to travel. That's just inside my state and doesn't count on traveling outside my state to other parts of the country.

  10. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    N.Y
    Posts
    576
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    Good news, I went to see if I too could search for Dogman and I started to look near the woods near my house but so far nothing. I am going to need to go to places where there are actual dogman sightings in my state. The only issues I got is how to get there and hot much it is to travel. That's just inside my state and doesn't count on traveling outside my state to other parts of the country.
    It'll be really interesting if you find something Hige- please tell us! Though I do understand the troubles of transportation. Is there anyone who could take you to the areas of sightings in your state?
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted/therian
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •