Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's hunting season!

Default It's hunting season!

Who else will be out in the woods in camo stalking some tasty venison?

Not me. I mean if I could I'd certainly do the stalking venison in the woods part but hunting with guns doesn't appeal to me. Give me four legs and a stronger jaw and I'll hunt any day.
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

I don't kill animals and I don't hunt. Even if I am a Wolf. I think the environmentalist and the animal lover in me gets in the way of trying to hunt animals for food. When ever I see an animal that looks like its going to be killed or hurt by something, I will always go out of my way to try and help it. Even if it is a prey animal.
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; September 18th, 2017 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    When ever I see an animal that looks like its going to be killed or hurt by something, I will always go out of my way to try and help it. Even if it is a prey animal.
    Me too. If I saw, for example, an injured rabbit that was unable to move, while I could easy kill it I can't imagine myself doing that any time soon, as a human. I'm not going to just pick it up and kill it with my hands, or bite it's neck, that just doesn't feel right, even if I was able to eat it raw. But I don't doubt that if I was in a wolf body, or possibly in one of the strong m-shifts that I very rarely get, I would probably kill and eat it without thinking twice. The hunting instincts are there but they don't come out in a human body. As a human I have no urge to hunt.
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

Quote Originally Posted by micheal65536 View Post
    Me too. If I saw, for example, an injured rabbit that was unable to move, while I could easy kill it I can't imagine myself doing that any time soon, as a human. I'm not going to just pick it up and kill it with my hands, or bite it's neck, that just doesn't feel right, even if I was able to eat it raw. But I don't doubt that if I was in a wolf body, or possibly in one of the strong m-shifts that I very rarely get, I would probably kill and eat it without thinking twice. The hunting instincts are there but they don't come out in a human body. As a human I have no urge to hunt.
    It gets confusing for me because I want to hunt and yet want to save an animal at the same time. The wolf in me wants to chase an animal and human in me wants to chase after the person doing the hunting. HA. But I am with you in that as a human I have no urge to kill an animal or to hunt.

Blog Entries

I used to hunt grouse birds with my family every now and then, though nowadays I just fish. Too lazy to invest in a good fishing rod so fish trap it is for me. I find it funny that so many therians are really against hunting, but only when it comes to their own species. I once tried to argue with a therian (probably more on the wolfaboo side) that hunting wolves and moose to control the population is necessary to prevent things from getting out of hand and he got so unreasonably angry I had to give up. Of course, hunting is not without its problems but blindly calling someone an animal hater is not going to get us anywhere.

Here is the thing with humans hunting animals to ''control'' There!! population. It only put there numbers out of balance and if you a human are hunting the sick animals then that only leaves the healthy animals for the predators to hunt and when healthy animals get taken by the predators then that leaves only the sick animals that slip though the cracks to be left in a herd and it just throws there population into ruin. As for the predators, Keeping there numbers in check or getting rid of them all together doesn't do the environment any good either. Just look at Yellowstone national park before the introduction of wolves back to the park and see how the wildlife there turned out. Even the scientists said that without there main predator the wolf it was hurting the park environment, See how other animals like to bear and the coyote couldn't do what a pack of wolves could do to keep the deer and other animal populations in check. Human beings with hunting of animals can't even do that, They can only make a species go extinct.
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; September 18th, 2017 at 03:03 PM.

Blog Entries

Humans and wolves do not mix well. The wolf population at least in Finland has been steadily moving towards human settlements, which causes conflicts between them and people. Humans are scared for their dogs and reindeer, as they should be. Fear and hate increases poaching, which is also a big problem. I'd rather have the wolf population small but steadily growing than completely destroyed by illegal hunters. Wiping the wolves out would result in the same problems Yellowstone had.

As for the prey animals, such as moose, there simply aren't enough predators here to hunt them, and that's not going to change anytime soon. Should moose hunting stop completely, the damages to young forests and the moose population itself would be catastrophic. I believe sustainable hunting is in the long run good for both humans and the environment, but human interests should never come first. The real problem is not the hunters but the misconceptions people have of wild animals, and those are not going to change if wolves start running in our backyards.

I admire your concern for these animals, Dash. You always want to do what is best for these animals, even if the've nver done anything to help you. Your a werewolf all people should admire.

Goodluck to all werewolves like us, Dash. This, no doubt, will be tough.