Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's hunting season!

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Quiletine Black View Post
    Goodluck to all werewolves like us, Dash. This, no doubt, will be tough.
    Sorry but could you not use my dead dogs name when you are talking to me, Use my user name Hotdogwolf please. Thank you.

I don't like firearms. I would like to get good enough with a bow to feel confident that I could make a clean and quick kill. My mate on the other hand is working on getting his firearms license and possibly hunting small game soon. Maybe he can get a deer tag next year.

I've always kind of wanted to try hunting, but no one else I know does and it's not at all high on my priority list of "things I want to try," so I've never done it.
    Fishing on the other hand I have done and plan to do as soon as it's possible. (Which is...who knows when, but sometime dangit)

Blog Entries

The only 'thrill of the kill' drive I'll ever get was if I had the body of my theriotype, with fangs and claws on flesh. Guns and bows would probably feel off to me- seeing them as not a part of me. That said, I'd probably make a subpar hunter. Patience is something I often lack unless I'm really focused haha.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted/therian
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage View Post
    The only 'thrill of the kill' drive I'll ever get was if I had the body of my theriotype, with fangs and claws on flesh. Guns and bows would probably feel off to me- seeing them as not a part of me.
    Same with me. I think I said this in the second post in this thread. I want to hunt, but only as a wolf. If I had a wolf's body, I would hunt without a second thought. As a human, I still want to hunt, but I want to hunt as a wolf, not as a human. Hunting with guns/weapons/tools doesn't appeal to me because, like you said, I'm not hunting under my own strength and I'm not hunting the way that I want to hunt (which is by running on four legs and biting with my jaw, not creeping along on two legs and shooting with a gun or bow).
    That said, I'd probably make a subpar hunter. Patience is something I often lack unless I'm really focused haha.
    I feel like I would be a good hunter, even as a human, provided that I was a bit shifted. I know how to hunt and I could focus on hunting. As much as I don't want to hunt as a human, I feel like I would be better off than most if I had to live in the wild and hunt for food.
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

Blog Entries

The only 'thrill of the kill' drive I'll ever get was if I had the body of my theriotype, with fangs and claws on flesh. Guns and bows would probably feel off to me- seeing them as not a part of me. That said, I'd probably make a subpar hunter. Patience is something I often lack unless I'm really focused haha.
    I agree. The instinct to hunt is very different from the actual hunting I do as a human. Hunting for me is not a substitute for my instincts, but rather a way to appreciate nature and get a better alternative to the usual types of meat I eat. Sometimes I do wish I could experience it the way wild birds can, there is something alluring about the way plunge-diving birds hunt, like they were build to do exactly that.

I wish I could fish like a cormorant. Just jump in and chase them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen View Post
    I wish I could fish like a cormorant. Just jump in and chase them down.
    I feel the same way about hunting as a wolf. Just chase after the prey and then bite it when you get close enough.

Alright I'll stop replying to every second post in this thread. It's just that hunting is a big thing for me, it's one of the wolf things that I most strongly wish I could do. Often I want to go out to hunt then remember that I can't because I'm human.
    Last edited by micheal65536; September 22nd, 2017 at 06:25 PM.
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

Ha, reply as much as you want to whatever you want (:
    Last edited by Kerguelen; September 22nd, 2017 at 07:20 PM. Reason: I have to do the smiley backwards because werelist is anti-smiley

Blog Entries

If I had my hunting license, and a riffle, I would. However when I see deer, I shift so much that I would drop the gun and chase outright. Lol