Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Halloween 2017

Blog Entries

Default Halloween 2017

Well, I'm running a little behind on my usual timing, but here it is! My annual "what are you up to for Halloween" thread. I haven't been around much this summer for myriad reasons, but how could I miss my favorite annual thread-posting?

So what are you all up to?

Due to my being really busy and also particularly vagrant this year (living in a trailer at a lab this week, but *really* living out of my car), I wanted to go for something that didn't require too much effort in the costume-making department.

Of course, since I am me, I have already overcomplicated it and it's probably still going to be a challenging project. I'm doing another one of the paper mache-style masks I've done before; hopefully that's the only part of the costume I'll have to make, because the rest of it...

Is my costume from fourth grade! I'll show the surprise later on. But my mom made me this bomb-ass costume back in 2000 and I'm BRINGIN' IT BACK. Shamefully, it still fits ... in fact, it probably fits a little better than it did then. I only grew a smidgeon in height after fourth grade...

I remember we bought a prepackaged mask because I was adamant with that costume that I wanted a full FACE, a muzzle, not just an eyemask. So I'm pretty excited to actually make the costume its own matching mask. And I can't wait to see my mom's reaction when I show her that I've turned the costume into a collaboration, that I'm still proudly going to wear a costume she made me, AND that all her creative efforts continue to inspire me so much.

As for events... I am not yet 100% sure what STATE I'll be in so it's hard to say. I'm traveling, visiting family and friends, so I'm hoping this month will be filled with some good cooking, good events, and good seasonal media.

I'm watching Over the Garden Wall and it just has the perfect October atmosphere.

I've also already made some really great pumpkin beer braised rabbit stew from scratch. Crossing fingers for making fruits pies, pumpkin bars, butternut squash soup, and maybe some new things.

I've also done a little bit of... uh, retail celebration. Bought myself a couple nicer hoodies and a new scarf... waiting for them to arrive to see how well I like 'em.

How about you all?

Probably going to p-shift into a werewolf and run up and down the road scaring the kids. I was going to do this last year but I had a bit of difficulty with the p-shifting part. I'm getting closer though: http://www.werelist.net/showthread.p...shift-my-face! (ignore the rest of the thread, it somehow turned into a discussion about potatoes)
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

IDK, maybe paint my face again. Or attempt a blood elf demon hunter, but that's unlikely. As far as activities: probably what I did last couple of years, go out wearing a costume and get Popeyes or something.
    the birds are back in town
    It rhymes with gurglin'
    Wait no it doesn't

Blog Entries

Has anyone heard of Halloween by Helloween before?
    Quite simply the best and one of the longest arrangements the band has ever done in their entire career as a power metal band.
    It has high pitched vocals and amazing guitar work, especially since they were running low on money at the time of recording.
    It does a tremendous job too at capturing the mood of this celebration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7sWNirVaIA

'in the streets of Halloween the spiwits will arise' and it's German yes.

Working (while wearing Halloween scrubs) and then going home, eating dinner, and going to bed because I have to be up for work the next morning at 6:30 #AdultingSucks.

Blog Entries

Finished my creative portion! Check it out.

As the description says, this is an addition / improvement upon my dragon costume from fourth grade... it's a dragon hoodie. (If you've ever seen the Hyperbole and a Half post with the dinosaur hoodie... I was basically that, plus wings and ear fins, haha!!)

I'll try to get pics of the full thing sometime soon. Depending on how many autumn things I make it out too, I may reuse some other old costumes as well.

Will walk the local houses with the kids, daughter is going as Star from Star Vs. the Forces of Evil, which is pretty cool. Son is in a blow-up sumo outfit, again. I should get some wolf ears to wear Other than that too busy to do much in the way of cool stuff, or even good cooking.

We don't have anything planned yet. Probably just watch a scary movie and eat so much candy that we will have trouble getting up from the couch afterwards

Working, decorating my lair, watching and enjoying some horror movies because it is a good excuse to eat candies!
    “We do not seek to convert anyone…only the Elven have any interest in being Elves. Yet in many, their elfin natures slumber and for these we sing the songs of awakening - Whether there ever were Elves is not as important to us as the fact that by manifestation, will, and burning desire, we are here now.”
    — The Silver Elves

Quote Originally Posted by Amarok View Post
    I should get some wolf ears to wear
    Yes, definitely. And a tail.

If I was into the whole costumes/dressing up thing I would *definitely* do something wolf/werewolf related - at a minimum, ears and a tail. And don't forget to howl at the moon a few times (too bad it's not a full moon but it will be 85% so that's better than nothing I guess).
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536