Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 'The Howling' restored

Blog Entries

Default 'The Howling' restored

All hail the British! StudioCanal has released a brand new restoration of the 80s werewolf classic 'The Howling', starring Dee Wallace.

I ordered the movie already and am awaiting the disc to arrive in about three days. It does come rather pricey however, but I've taken my chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus Ferox View Post
    All hail the British! StudioCanal has released a brand new restoration of the 80s werewolf classic 'The Howling', starring Dee Wallace.

I ordered the movie already and am awaiting the disc to arrive in about three days. It does come rather pricey however, but I've taken my chances.
    I seen the movie, Actually all the Howling movies and I got to say that I'm not into them. I'm not into any of the 80s werewolf movies and just because I am a wolf, Doesn't mean I have to like all movies with Wolves in them. I don't even like the twilight movies and the wolves in that looked cool and all but I wasn't into it. I do like Princess Mononoke and Wolf's rain.

Blog Entries

What about Wolf Children instead? I think it must be something you would like as well...?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2140203/

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    I seen the movie, Actually all the Howling movies and I got to say that I'm not into them. I'm not into any of the 80s werewolf movies and just because I am a wolf, Doesn't mean I have to like all movies with Wolves in them. I don't even like the twilight movies and the wolves in that looked cool and all but I wasn't into it. I do like Princess Mononoke and Wolf's rain.
    I agree. I'm not into werewolf movies, savage monsters mindlessly howling at the moon has nothing to do with wolves and doesn't appeal to me. The idea of transforming into a normal-looking wolf and having normal wolf (or human) behaviour appeals to me, but there aren't any werewolf movies like this that I know of. I wish there were more wolf movies though, where wolves are portrayed accurately rather than being either portrayed as killers or over-romanticised (Jack London I'm looking at you).
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

Blog Entries

I watch these movies, not for an accurate depiction of wildlife, but rather for the special make-up effects, which were excellent, especially at the time of release.
    I've watched movies from the (19)30s until this very day and it has always astounded me how much progress we make as far as the effects department is concerned.

Of course, I do like horror movies, and have always done so. Even when I wasn't allowed to watch them I still manoeuvred my way around my father's objection. Call it a guilty pleasure of mine, I don't mind it at all. ^^

But sure, you raise a valid point, as wolves need to be represented the other way around and not as if they are only out for blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus Ferox View Post
    What about Wolf Children instead? I think it must be something you would like as well...?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2140203/
    I have not watched that movie yet. But I think I should.

I have not watched that movie yet. But I think I should.
    I'm actually going to watch it tomorrow. I remember coming across it a while back and I was put off because it was anime and the drawing/animation style in anime doesn't really appeal to me but now I watched the trailer on YouTube (not the whole trailer because spoilers) and I think I might actually enjoy it.

If you like anime (which I believe you do, because you keep mentioning Wolf's Rain ;-) ) then I don't see any reason why you won't enjoy this.
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

Quote Originally Posted by micheal65536 View Post
    I'm actually going to watch it tomorrow. I remember coming across it a while back and I was put off because it was anime and the drawing/animation style in anime doesn't really appeal to me but now I watched the trailer on YouTube (not the whole trailer because spoilers) and I think I might actually enjoy it.

If you like anime (which I believe you do, because you keep mentioning Wolf's Rain ;-) ) then I don't see any reason why you won't enjoy this.
    I do. A lot. Ok, I will try and save up some money and buy it. It looks like a cute wolf movie. Please tell me how it is when you see it.

Blog Entries

Usually, I'm not much into anime, but Wolf Children holds a special place in my heart.

It looks like a cute wolf movie. Please tell me how it is when you see it.
    Just finished watching it now. It is indeed very cute, and emotional. Not really focussed too much on wolves specifically but a lot about growing up to accept yourself for who you are. There are some cute/lighthearted scenes and then some very emotional and intense ones. I think you'll enjoy it a lot.

I watched the English version by the way. I'm not sure what the differences are between the English and Japanese versions; unless you particularly prefer watching Japanese with subtitles then I'd recommend watching the English version because the voice acting adds a lot to the feeling of each scene.
    Last edited by micheal65536; October 10th, 2017 at 08:19 AM.
    Psychological therian.