Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 'The Howling' restored

Blog Entries

Thank you for watching it, micheal65536. I was really in awe with the movie the first time I saw it, and never stopped loving it ever since. Now it's right here on the book shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupus Ferox View Post
    I was really in awe with the movie the first time I saw it
    I agree, definitely. That... ending... wow. This is one film I can definitely relate to.

Major spoilers do not read if you haven't seen this film:
    The character that I could most relate to was definitely Ame. I feel a lot like how he felt towards the end of the film. The scene where he went out in the rain to live on the mountain said it all, he's a wolf at heart and he's not afraid of the weather or of nature, he feels like he belongs there, as do I. Everything about his character captures me perfectly, the way he preferred to spend time in nature than to go to school and hang out with humans, the way he felt when he was forced to stay home, even the way that as he came to accept and embrace his wolf side he didn't talk as much (I still talk but this really just added to his character, showing in literal terms how he was "wild" and didn't feel right as a human). If I could physically transform into a wolf I would do pretty much what he did, I would turn into wolf form and go live in the wild. And the very end where the mother is living alone in the house and hears him howling is a lot like how I imagine it would be for me, mom would hear me howling from the woods nearby and hopefully she'd know, every time she hears me howl, that that is the best life for me.
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

How do you guys feel about Wolf (1994) with Nicholson?

I have to admit that I had liked Howling III. It was silly, it was stupid, the werewolves had pouches and Dame Edna got mauled.
    Haven't seen it in years, so not sure if it still holds up.

Might need to host a werewolf-movie movie night. :-)

Howling
    Howling 2: Your Sister is a Werewolf
    Howling 3: Australians are Werewolves
    Howling 4: You're a Werewolf Charlie Brown
    Howling 5: Soylent Green is Werewolves
    Howling 6: Do Werewolves Dream of Electric Sheep?

Forever Running, RunningRed

Blog Entries

'Wolf' with Nicholson? I think it was a great movie, though I expected a little more substance (= gory, icky parts) the first time around.
    The scene where Nicholson consults a professional about his wolf urges - I don't quite recall what kind of job the man did - was very interesting.
    I believe he was a psychiatrist of some sort, but you might be able to help me out here, who explained to Jack that he admired the wolf and that it must be 'cool' to be one, though it wasn't exactly pronounced the way I pronounce it at the moment.

I recall being overwhelmed by that scene, and I got the impression that the movie nailed the feeling of being a wolf very accurately.
    Sure, it didn't consist of jump scares or people being trapped with a serial killer on the loose, but it was a nice depiction of what it would be like to become a wolf.
    The first time I watched it, I remember being somewhat disappointed but thrilled as well on the other hand, because that was the only movie I had ever seen that described my own feelings so well.
    What did you think about it, Red?

I like Nicholson Wolf movie and yes I watched it. Any one who loves werewolf movies will like this one. Also, Try and watch the Sci-fi TV show Bitten and Being Human both U.S and U.K shows. I think there is also a U.K Wolf TV show called Wolfblood. I also seen and watched that show. Its a kids show. Another Wolf kid show is called Big Wolf on Campus.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    I think there is also a U.K Wolf TV show called Wolfblood.
    Yes. I have watched the first season. I read a plot summary for the later seasons and they didn't appeal to me. I didn't like how both the main characters disappeared, to begin with, or how "deep" the plot was getting. I prefer something more lighthearted.

The first season was kinda amusing in places, but the SFX/CGI was terrible and the wolf characters had little personality.
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

Quote Originally Posted by micheal65536 View Post
    Yes. I have watched the first season. I read a plot summary for the later seasons and they didn't appeal to me. I didn't like how both the main characters disappeared, to begin with, or how "deep" the plot was getting. I prefer something more lighthearted.

The first season was kinda amusing in places, but the SFX/CGI was terrible and the wolf characters had little personality.
    I didn't care if they wanted to change the plot around, I just like the show and I think I watched the whole thing but I can't remember. Anyway, I thought the cgi of the wolves was ok, It was alright for a kids show but I guess that all depended on how big there budget was.