Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holidays 2017

Blog Entries

Default Holidays 2017

Let's have another holiday thread. I'm trying to find some positives in the ongoing dumpster conflagration that is my 2017 life. What are you all up to?

As I've mentioned elsewhere, I've been traveling cross-country since October. The day before I planned to start heading home, my car got totaled in a hit and run. I managed to find transport with family.

Now I'm spending time in my twin sister's lovely home in the midwest, seeing everyone in my immediate family except my father (as it's not wise to put my parents in the same state, let alone the same house, haha).

I bought a lot of booze for my family since there was just too much going on for me to have time to think of very many creative gifts. But I did also make some mini ornaments.

For family and friends I also made a ton of homemade treats, which I packaged up in tins to distribute. Check it out! That's soft ginger cookies, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, toffee, peanut butter buckeyes, Oreo cream cheese truffles, peppermint patties, and chocolate-covered pretzels as filler. Album.

We'll have some gift exchanging here at my sister's, and then I'll catch a train back home.

Probably I'll see Star Wars sometime in the next week. Hoping to do something nice with my fiance, too, but I'm not sure what.

Oh. Oh my.
    I've got to get on my holiday game. Those snacks look amazing.

Well, my uncle is in the hospital with end stage Alzheimer's, so everything is possibly going to be cancelled depending on if he passes before the holiday. If everything goes as planned, we spend Christmas eve with a family friend and Christmas day, this year, will just be me and my parents and then we'll go out to dinner with 2 of my aunts and an uncle. My cousin is spending this year at her in-laws' so we'll be doing our extended family Christmas the following weekend.

Either way, I loathe the holiday season. It does rather suck when you're adopted and your family is trying to be "woo family" which just reminds you that you may never know your biological relatives.

Going to my brothers Christmas and New Years party and then staying over my fathers house for the weekend.

Blog Entries

I'll be staying with family this Christmas and we might watch a few movies. We don't have anything in particular planned this holiday season, and my mother just got out of surgery for her hip, but we'll make it work. I already did my gift shopping. My friend is going to make a 3D model of my kintype so I'm really excited for that gift too.
    My job is having a small Christmas party tomorrow so I'll be there. Finishing up finals and I just want to relax, and have a sip of wine or something!
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted/therian
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Blog Entries

I'll be enduring the horrors of my mum's side if the family for the first half and spending time with dad's side nearer to new year. I'm staying at my parents house Christmas eve so I can open presents with everyone in the morning. I'm spending new years with friends.

Blog Entries

Bah! Humbug!
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.

Quote Originally Posted by R Swan View Post
    Bah! Humbug!
    I know how you feel. I hate the Holidays. If it was just me, Then I be fine with it but here with my stepfather and the pain in the tail that he is, Just makes me hate the holidays. If I am ever left alone for any holiday I think I would enjoy it more. I like being alone and I wouldn't mind living alone for the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    For family and friends I also made a ton of homemade treats, which I packaged up in tins to distribute. Check it out! That's soft ginger cookies, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, toffee, peanut butter buckeyes, Oreo cream cheese truffles, peppermint patties, and chocolate-covered pretzels as filler. Album.

Oh Em Gee!!! Those look AMAZING!!! O___O

I will also be making oreo cream cheese balls, except I won't be dipping them in chocolate because I'm lazy, haha! ;P

Let's see, my Mom's side of the family is having a very large reunion thing this Saturday. It's rumored that well over 40 people may be there, which will be super awkward because at least half are distant relatives I don't know very well at all. I will be making homemade mac-n-cheese with chicken cubes in it, a traditional green bean casserole, Oreo cream cheese balls, and homemade whole cranberry sauce! Sunday will be an assortment of finger foods at the in-laws place, a much, much, much, MUCH smaller gathering which is more to my liking, and Christmas Day I will be making homemade potato soup in my crock pot (this recipe right here is AMAZING!) and will be spent with my parents, myself, and the mate. So, yeah... going to be a busy weekend for sure.

I'm hoping to see the new Star Wars movie this Friday but will see how that goes.

@ Somnia, I saw the new star wars movie last night and it was fucking Awesome!!!!!! With a capital A. I'm not going to give anything away but you will not be disappointed.