Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Holidays 2017

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Accalia View Post
    also @Kiso you should totally share those tasty treats with us!! Maybe we would be more active if we had the incentive of tasty holiday sweets :3
    I SO would! If I could save Werelist's activity levels by handmade treat bribery alone, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I'd also love to share these treats with you all just in general, haha.
    It took me forever to finish chocolate dipping everything, but they're all done now. Dressed up the peppermint patties with a white almond bark drizzle, and dunked some more pretzels and whatnot.

Some of the dipping got a little messy because I accidentally splashed the tinest bit of water into one of my melted chocolate batches. For the unaware, that causes chocolate to "seize"; the texture becomes rough and firm... the only fix is actually to keep adding more boiling water a bit at a time until it smooths out. So, it still worked, but the drawback is that the chocolate doesn't set as firmly after that.

I need to get tins today and box this stuff up, because having a fridge stuffed full of sweets is hard to resist.

I'll share a photo of my Christmas Eve spread... I ate way too much that night, especially because I had rum and Coke too. This week I'm trying to eat really light so that I have spare calories stockpiled for New Year's, haha. From the top left, clockwise - the bbq wings, mandarin oranges and sharp cheddar, shrimp, vegetables (there was dip, not pictured), and desserts - oreo balls, buckeyes, salted caramel, peppermint patties, and ginger cookies. I hadn't drizzled the patties with almond bark or dipped the caramels yet, but they are good like that too.

Any New Year's plans? I haven't gotten anything arranged yet but I'm crossing my fingers for a get-together with friends. New Year's is a little bit more of a party-oriented holiday. And I'm ready to see this year out with intensity.
    Last edited by Kisota; December 26th, 2017 at 02:36 PM.

Cornbread and Enchiladas?? Ohhh you guys are making me drool! :3

Kiso - All the foodstuff looks really good! I've been buying those little mandarin oranges fairly recently (been buying them for about a month or 2). They are addicting little things!

Christmas Day yesterday was amazing! The potato soup was a huge hit! Pretty much everyone who's tried it absolutely loves it and wants the recipe. It's one of the best recipes I've found for creamy potato soup.

So far, the only plans I have for New Years is doing the usual affirmation candle magick to ring in the New Year. Basically it's a bunch of good intentions and positive thinking type stuff I do for myself to set the New Year to a positive start. It's also going to be a FULL MOON on January 1st as well as it being a Supermoon so that is pretty freakin' awesome! :3

I'm sure I'll end up hosting something at the house at the last minute (lol) or going over to someone's elses place to shoot off fireworks and eat food/drinks, etc. I'm excited to see what the New Year will bring for me! I need some new experiences and direction in my life, Haha! xD
    Last edited by Somnia; December 26th, 2017 at 03:30 PM.

Alright! It's New Year's Eve Day here in the US!

For those still stuck in 2017, what are your plans for ringing in the new calendar year? The mate and I have been invited to go over to a family/friend house where we will be hanging out with close friends/family and scarfing down ribs and other tasty foods. Since we were given the head's up about the invitation today (hooray for spontaneous plans! ;P) I will bring over potato chips and dip! I would have wanted to make something homemade if I knew in advance but ah well, maybe next time. Haha!

For those who are already in the future what did you do to celebrate the New Year?

Hey, If I don't see you guys later on tonight and tomorrow, Then I want to wish everyone a happy New Years. HUGS.!

Blog Entries

I was GOING to go to a quirky bar/music venue I haven't been to before and see some music, have a drink.

But it's so miserably cold that we sort of just noped out of that plan. Stayed home, watched some Bojack Horseman, and now my partner is playing a survival game and I'm just chillin'.

FUCK YEAH I SURVIVED WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Werelist, why do you change my post format without asking first?
    Last edited by Kerguelen; January 1st, 2018 at 02:15 AM.

Blog Entries

Happy New Year everyone! Does anyone have any resolves for 2018??

Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen View Post
    FUCK YEAH I SURVIVED WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Werelist, why do you change my post format without asking first?
    You and me both Bird. But my hell is still going on unfortunately. Hey Lupus, Yeah. I have a New Years Resolution. Its get the fuck out of my stepfathers house and the place he is living in. And bring the dogs with me too. What's yours.?