Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite Season

I think early summer (right around this time of year!) is one of my favorites. It's not suffocatingly hot yet, and all the plants are growing really fast. It's usually a little damp out, and warm. The way this time of year smells is deeply pleasant to me, and gives me some therian feelings in a big way.

I also love autumn, though. I live in New England so we have a very picturesque autumn in particular. I love the crisp mornings, the first frost, the smell of wood smoke from people's chimneys.

When I lived in Vermont, people called the period between March and late May "mud season" - and for good reason. I actually really like it, though. The first warm winds, everything dripping from snow melt, the ground emerging and being cold but smelling of earth and life, not just snow. There was someone who lived down the road who gathered sap from the trees in the area for maple syrup. Those buckets going up was a sure sign of spring being right around the corner.

To be honest, I think I love most parts of most seasons. The only part of the year I consistently dislike is the middle-to-end of winter, where it's dark out at, like, 4 PM, and the snow already looks kind of dirty and tired, but you're not excited about getting more of it, either.

I change my mind. I am starting to like fall and winter even more. Its not so much because I like the cold but because it gets rid of all the bugs and ticks here. Also the extreme heat that comes along with summer and not because of me sweeting because I sweet even when its cold and I am doing something.

Blog Entries

It's usually been summer. It still is, really, but we've had a drought and some nasty heat waves the last few years. Makes hanging around outside a lot less pleasant. When summers in Missouri were cooler, I'd lounge around outside and soak up the sun.

Still, summer is when there's the most animal life, and when the flowers are blooming.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Spring, usually.

These summers here in Wyoming seem nice though. I suppose my favorite season depends on the circumstances. I like them all in different ways.

Also, I'm still stuck in Wyoming. Hey, it's a very nice place though! I could live here....

Autumn. Winter is too cold, Spring is alright, Summer is teh suck.

Blog Entries

Spring and Summer, Summer is approaching its end and I'm not looking forward to that. I HATE Winter.
    https://discord.gg/dgBR989 my therian/theriomythic discord group ^.^