Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Season

Default Favorite Season

With spring arriving it got me to thinking, what's your favorite season? I love summer. I like the heat and it's when all the plants are green and the animals are all thriving. It seems the liveliest of seasons and I like action. I still like it even as an adult so it's not just getting out of school which makes me choose it like so many youth do for that reason.

Summer, summer, summer. Why.? Because I hate winter and cold weather. I like walking around in a T-shirt and shorts and not in a big winter parka. I like going out and camping in the woods and I can't do that during the winter months because I can't stand the cold for long periods of time. Its just too dangerous to go camping during the winter months.
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; March 14th, 2018 at 05:24 PM.

I think my favorite season is Autumn, but I also love Spring. Both seasons are not too hot or too cold for me. Autumn is my most favorite of the two because I love seeing the vibrant colors of leaves changing, the change of cooler weather from Summer (sorry Hige, I'm not a fan of hot weather, Haha!), the whole feeling of "Holidays are right around the corner!" thing, the smell of people burning leaves and fireplaces, and pumpkins, pumpkins everhwere!!! : D

There's so much about Autumn I love I can't list everything.

I love Spring because the weather starts warming up after dealing with a cold Winter, and nature wakes up from it's Winter slumber. I love the mild weather because I'm able to get outside a lot more after being cooped up inside for most of the Winter season. Sometimes seasonal allergies are a pain, but I'm lucky in it doesn't affect me for very long then I settle into the new season.

I think there might have been another thread on this, or perhaps it was buried in Daily Thoughts?

It is absolutely Autumn for me as well, and maybe Winter next (at least early winter, by February even I am a little tired of it). I prefer cool to cold and I love the snow, and like Somnia, the smells of Autumn are just awesome to me. Spring smells nice but it is not as primal as Fall is for me for some reason. I also tend to shift easiest in Autumn, something about the cool air and the nights becoming darker earlier.

Summer is nice and I glad we have it but I don't look forward to it like I do the Fall.

Blog Entries

That'll be the boundary seasons around winter—between fall and winter in November, and then between winter and spring in February–March-ish for R. Though it competes with the small warm period near the end of autumn, known in German and Russian cultures as ‘old woman's summer’.
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.

Blog Entries

R, is that recognized as a separate season over there? I know that not all cultures follow the four-season pattern, but the ones I know of for sure are in the tropics.

I'm likewise a summer fan, for much the same reasons as Vigilant. I deal with heat really well, so long as I'm not doing heavy manual labor, and the Sonora during late spring is comfortable for me.

Also, summer is when a lot of public events happen. That's always good.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

I don't think it is! ‘Old wives' summer’ is definitely a thing, but I think it's just considered part of autumn. I don't have a particular favourite season as such, but it's certain transitions between them that I'm a fan of!
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.

The warm, dry Autumn stretch in October(ish) is frequently referred to as "Indian Summer" at least in Pacific Northwest, don't know about the rest of the US. No clue where it comes from though.

Springggggggg OMG. It's getting to be that way around here and UGH GIVE IT TO ME.

Flowers coming out, it's starting to get warm enough to notice, the sun is out and doesn't feel evilly hot yet, there's a nice warm wind....

Second favorite, funny as it sounds, is late fall. The cold winds are coming in and the leaves are falling. Feels exhilarating to stand outside in that kind of wind.

Oh, and there's rabbits everywhere. I love to see rabbits. And those two times of year are also the best to see cormorants on the lakes over here! (I found out there are cormorants, I just don't see them because I don't get to go to the lake that often.)
    Last edited by Kerguelen; March 16th, 2018 at 08:31 PM.

My favorite season is Autumn, with summer being my second. I enjoy mild and warm weather the most, both because I was raised in that kind of climate and because my theriotypes live in those types of climates. Autumn is filled with great feelings, beautiful colors, enjoyable temperatures, and of course Halloween :3
    Summer gives me the chance to swim, which I can't freaking get enough of. Both seasons allow for the perfect atmosphere to take walks in and just allow for more enjoyment of the outdoors in general.