Thread: New therianthropy subreddit

Default New therianthropy subreddit

I have now started a new subreddit (a community on Reddit for those who aren't familiar with Reddit) for therianthropy. You can find it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/therianthropy/
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

Blog Entries

I've been meaning to create a reddit account, I enjoy reading the TFTS subreddit, has helped me a lot at work.
    I'm curious why you created a new one, is there a problem with r/Therian/ ?

[Edit] Okay, this was enough to push me over the edge from Maybe to Doing it Now.
    Created reddit account (I_Stand_In_The_Dark)* and joined both therian subreddits and TFTS.

*Would have used RunningRed or NightBringer, but they were already taken.

Quote Originally Posted by micheal65536 View Post
    I have now started a new subreddit (a community on Reddit for those who aren't familiar with Reddit) for therianthropy. You can find it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/therianthropy/
    Last edited by RunningRed; April 18th, 2018 at 02:32 PM.

Forever Running, RunningRed

Quote Originally Posted by RunningRed View Post
    I've been meaning to create a reddit account, I enjoy reading the TFTS subreddit, has helped me a lot at work.
    TFTS as in tales from tech support? I read that subreddit too, in fact I have a story I might be posting soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by RunningRed View Post
    I'm curious why you created a new one, is there a problem with r/Therian/ ?
    Yeah, imo. The moderator is very inactive and never handles any spam requests. Also it doesn't have any real rules so it gets a lot of "pack" advertisements and stuff.
    Psychological therian.

"If it howls like a wolf, snarls like a wolf, and thinks it's a wolf, then it probably is a wolf." - micheal65536

Heck yeah, Reddit! I waste so much time there.
    I don't want stalkers to find me though so I'm not giving out my info.

"This is a safe space."

Aw. That's a shame. In practice I tend to find that designating something a safe space tends to put people on eggshells. I feel like that rule will lead to less people joining, not more.
    Last edited by Natsilani; April 19th, 2018 at 03:31 AM. Reason: clarification
    "Of course it's in your head, Harry. Why should that mean it's not real?" -Albus Dumbledore

Quote Originally Posted by Kerguelen View Post
    I don't want stalkers to find me though so I'm not giving out my info.
    You realise reddit is one of the few sites that permits you to create multiple accounts?

Quote Originally Posted by Natsilani View Post
    "This is a safe space."

Aw. That's a shame. In practice I tend to find that designating something a safe space tends to put people on eggshells. I feel like that rule will lead to less people joining, not more.
    It was not my intention to put people on eggshells. I have had too many bad experiences in the past when I have had a problem with something and the staff basically tell me to "just deal with it" without trying to understand my issue in the context of my condition. When I wrote that rule I was meaning it in the sense of "please tell us if you have a problem and we'll support you in resolving it" and "we want everyone to feel welcome, even those with mental issues" rather than "be careful what you say". If you have any suggestions for another way to word it that achieves this without being offputting then let me know.
    Psychological therian.

"If you have any suggestions for another way to word it that achieves this without being offputting then let me know."

I usually just go with something like "don't be an asshole". In essence it means the same thing without being contextually tied to folks wearing safety pins. Then again, I'm probably just overthinking it.
    "Of course it's in your head, Harry. Why should that mean it's not real?" -Albus Dumbledore

Quote Originally Posted by Natsilani View Post
    "If you have any suggestions for another way to word it that achieves this without being offputting then let me know."

I usually just go with something like "don't be an asshole". In essence it means the same thing without being contextually tied to folks wearing safety pins. Then again, I'm probably just overthinking it.
    Yeah, I've personally been to places like that and in reality it usually means "don't complain about someone else being an asshole because that makes you an asshole and we'll punish you instead of the guy you're complaining about". What I'm trying to put across is "we're on your side, so if you have a problem with something then please come to us and we'll try to resolve it with you, and we won't punish you for expressing an issue with something".

Although it probably doesn't matter anyway because it's not like anyone posts anything there anyway...
    Psychological therian.