Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaving

Default Shaving

I want to talk about shaving. Seeing how I cut the top of my head. I thought this would be the best time to talk about how we all shave and what we shave with. So, I want to know. What would be the best tool to shave with where you don't get yourself cut. Would it be with a straight razor, Disposible razor, or an electirc razor.? I would also like to know what the rest of you use when shaving.? I tried to upload a youtube video on this but I can't get the link right but look up this video. Which razor is the best? Cartridge vs electric vs straight vs safety vs Disposable razors.
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; July 3rd, 2018 at 01:04 PM.

Blog Entries

I have a Panasonic adjustable beard trimmer when I want to trim my beard/moustache. I use a cheap store-brand disposable razor for edging or the rare, very rare times I ever shave the whole thing off. I only bother every couple of weeks when I feel like it and length varies depending on whether it's winter or summer.

Forever Running, RunningRed

You know, I just cut my paw shaving again and now I think when I go to the mall this weekend that I will see how much an electric razor costs because I am starting to get tired of cutting myself everytime I shave. What I am looking for is a razor where I never get cut but can cut fur just as fast and well as a disposable razor but with the safety of an electric razor blade.

I just use a Gillette Fusion Proglide. It's not a disposable, but the heads are once they've had their use. I very rarely cut myself shaving with it, and one of the reasons I use it. The only times I've ever cut myself has been when I got too cocky and thought I could go faster. Then again, I don't have facial hair [yet] to shave... So I speak from shaving other, more difficult to shave areas...

Usually, from what I've learned, is that most cuts happen because the person goes too fast and/or applies too much pressure, unless there's a skin tag or a bump that gets the razor's wrath. Angle is also important as nicks can occur if you're not being mindful of where the razor is going to be meeting with skin.

I will be going away this weekend down to a shore town called Wildwood Crest in my state of N.J and I didn't want to walk around with all this human hair on my body when I am at the beach, So I shaved my legs and I pretty much butchered them up with all the hair on them. I'm a guy by the way. I try not to push to hard and not to go to fast but with all the hair on my legs I really had to shave more then once and I ended up cutting them. But I see what you are saying Anuolf. But I would also like to hear from all the women here on shaving there legs.
    Last edited by hotdogwolf; August 7th, 2018 at 08:06 PM.

Blog Entries

My partner subscribes to Dollar Shave Club, so I use a spare handle for those razors. We always seem to have plenty of razor heads. They're sharp and seem to last a pretty long time.

I'm a lazy-ass with tough skin, though, and usually use regular shower soap suds for shaving. Or lotion. Or nothing.

I stopped shaving it all off, I just use a trimmer. Short and I can scratch the fur a little

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    I will be going away this weekend down to a shore town called Wildwood Crest in my state of N.J and I didn't want to walk around with all this human hair on my body when I am at the beach, So I shaved my legs and I pretty much butchered them up with all the hair on them. I'm a guy by the way. I try not to push to hard and not to go to fast but with all the hair on my legs I really had to shave more then once and I ended up cutting them. But I see what you are saying Anuolf. But I would also like to hear from all the women here on shaving there legs.
    Well, I did live as a woman for a little over 29 years, which sucks for me, but at least I'm out as trans now. So there's that. I shaved my legs all the time between 12 and 28. Using soap, small/short strokes, and frequently cleaning the razor helps. It also helps to take a bath and soak a bit. It's also easier to shave while sitting in the tub than anywhere else to be honest.

As a woman in my earlier years, I've used all sorts of razors save for electric. The best I've come across has been men's standard razors with 5 blades. Women's razors are more expensive but in my opinion are shit at shaving. I also cut myself more with them. Disposables are the worst possible razor to use to shave with as they do cut more than they shave. I will also say that if you don't normally shave areas, the skin is usually not "up to code" for shaving and is usually thinner/more delicate. I remember when I still shaved my legs, it could easily take upwards of 45 minutes to do both legs up to the knees if I hadn't shaved for a while [like over the winter months]. It's easier and usually quicker with stubble.

I like to shave, not because I feel like I have to because I'm a woman or something dumb like that, but because I like feeling smooth. I use "men's razors" preferably the 4 to 5 blade kind.

Blog Entries

I don't usually shave my legs out of pure laziness but I am working on being better at doing so, especially now that I have someone to do it for.