Thread: Therian Guide Forums

Post Therian Guide Forums

Hey everybody,

Therian Guide is a website centered around a community that inhabits our Forums. You can most easily find us, by putting "Therian Forums" into Google. As such you've most likely already heard of us.

For some reason, other sites in the Therian community don't like to add us to their lists, so here I am trying to fix that.

If you want to learn more about the history of our site, you can read about it in the Therian Wikia. We presently host as mentioned a Forum, but we also have an Amino, a very active Discord server, an IRC server, a Telegram room, a Facebook page, a Tumblr page, a deviantArt group and an Instagram page. So basically, whatever you prefer to use, you can find us there. The chats are interlinked, so you will not be all alone just because you prefer to use Telegram. We also have a few gaming servers (Minecraft and Factorio, presently), where you can play with other Therians.

We have at present about 70 new posts per day on our Forums, so we are probably currently the most active Therian Forum. A lot of this is hidden behind our registration wall -- that is, most posts are not public. To access it you have to sign up on the forums and show us that you are willing to follow up on the forums by posting a bit (there are instructions).

We accept donations, which the most active forum contributors, can direct to various causes -- we have thus far channeled well over 1000$ towards various animal charities. There is also therian merchandise and similar perks.

We are looking forward to cooperating with other Therian communities by helping drive some of our traffic towards you. However, it is something that has to be agreed individually with the Therian Guide staff.

Thanks for having us.

LP,
    Dusty
    Last edited by DustWolf; March 3rd, 2019 at 06:38 AM.

Blog Entries

Can you link to some of those places here? I'm curious what other irc servers are still around for therians.
    Is your Telegram group specific to your Forum, or a general one?

Forever Running, RunningRed

Quote Originally Posted by RunningRed View Post
    Can you link to some of those places here? I'm curious what other irc servers are still around for therians.
    Our chat platforms are specific to our forum, being that they're all interlinked to the shoutbox on the actual forum. That said, the only requirements to join are being serious about therianthropy and being respectful of others. We have had quite a number of members who join just for the Discord and aren't very active on the website and that's fine, forums aren't everyone's cup of tea after all.

Actually, your question brings up an interesting idea. I'll take it up with Dusty.

Lyc

Indestructible...

Quote Originally Posted by RunningRed View Post
    Our forums are where we maintain a list of members (to prevent abuse), so our IRC requires authentication and is integrated with the forums (you need to sign up on the Forums and then you can log in to IRC).

The IRC address itself is pretty straightforward: irc.therian-guide.com (presently a bit broken because nobody uses it directly and I hadn't been bothered to fix it yet)

The other places are all linked on the TG forums. I can copy the links here if you really want to but as said we require that people go through the forums to get there anyway.

If it'd desired that we do something different.. I guess we can try and figure it out.

LP,
    Dusty