PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have embarrasing/weird/funny shifting or experience stories they'll share?

Pages : [1] 2

en_causa_sui
January 26th, 2009, 01:45 AM
I was just curious because it sounds like an interesting topic. As the topic starter, I'll start first. This just happened today so that's what got me curious. lol

Ok so, I was at a pagan community meeting today and my boyfriend (Pat) was visiting for the weekend so he decided to come with me. He was curious as to what these meetings were like. As always we got horribly off-topic but its always good conversation and we usually get done about half of what we intended to do.

There was about 15 people there today and we sat around a circle of tables just chatting, jumping from one topic to another. The others call it having tangent topic issues, I call it organic conversation. lol It just so happens that the girl sitting next to me was knitting during this entire time (pretty normal) and she had this big ball of green yarn sitting directly infront of me. Normally I can control our urges whether they be feline in nature (Kanii), rather OCD (Evin), or just plain strange (myself). However the longer I sat there with this ball infront of me I couldn't quit looking at it. Kanii really really wanted to pick it up and play with it but as it wasn't ours I resisted as best I could.

After about an hour of it staring us in the face we couldn't help it and absentmindedly I batted at it while the conversation was at the other side of the tables away from me. I could feel Kanii's ears perk up and I got extremely excited and proceeded to bat it again. At this point in time I didn't realize we were staring at it openly as if it were alive and fun as hell.

The girl stopped knitting and laughed. I backed off and apologized (slightly embarrased, fumbling over our words) that I did that sometimes and it was a compulsion to things that were tied. We sounded like an idiot and were still staring. She laughed again and asked if I had a cat totem. (Kanii and Evin laughed inwardly) and I said, "Something like that, yeah." (Still staring at the yarn.)

She laughed again and said, "Ok, what if I do this?" She unexpectedly picked up the end of the string and wiggled it in our face. In a matter of seconds, I had simultaneously backed up almost behind Pat to get away from it, reached out to bat it, yowled, and could feel my ears standing straight up...all while staring at the yarn, half expecting it to wiggle again.

...A couple seconds passed then we realized that the room had gone silent and everyone was staring at me. The girl was giggling and the other two people who had actually seen my full reaction were looking at me like I was crazy. I could feel my face flush red (this very rarely happens), Evin was laughing uncontrollably at the two of us, and I ducked as much as I could behind Pat, trying to brush it off.

Someone asked, "What the hell just happened?" The girl and I brushed it off and conversation slowly turned back to normal.

That was most likely our biggest moment of mixed emotions since the halloween incident (kid tried to scare us. I nearly jumped out of my skin, Kanii leapt to attack him, and Evin tried to run.)...yeah...Anyways, the good part about this story is right afterward we got a good ear scratch from Pat. He doesn't know that we're a multiple...just thinks we're weird as hell I guess. lol

Anyone else care to share?

EDIT: Wow, I just realized how long this was. I'm sorry!! ^-^''

wolfmother
January 26th, 2009, 02:04 AM
haha! thats soooo cute!!!!

TheGreyPilgrim
January 26th, 2009, 02:14 AM
LMAO!!! That's fantastic! I'm afraid that I don't have one nearly as entertaining...I do remember once being at my friend's house and playing with his huskies. He walks into the living room and finds us all wrestling on the floor growling and nipping at one another; I just couldn't help myself, lol...At least I didn't have to try to explain myself.

Werewolf of Waldorf
January 26th, 2009, 02:20 AM
I've had to think about what makes for an awkward situation for me...since I'm usually so easy going, I don't care what I do. My girlfriend, SerpentineZebra, takes advantage of a certain...weakness of mine. She always goes after my ears, and tries to bite them. She did this at a party once, and I immediately fell to the ground whimpering and whining like a puppy as she ruthlessly gnawed on my ear. Aaaawkward! So, what does she do at terribly inopportune times? o.o Goes for the ears... *cowers in fear of girlfreind*

That, and I have a habit of "love nibbling", as she calls it. It's kinda sweet, actually, just like any dog who actually likes you, they try to nibble oh so softly on whatever body part passes their muzzle.

CelticMagician
January 26th, 2009, 02:25 AM
XD That was awesome! I don't blame you for feeling embarassed, but still it sounded super cute!

I can't say I've had many experiences like that, I don't usually get out much, unless I'm around friends or family who just accept my 'weirdness' in general, wether they know I'm therian or not.

I guess there is a slightly embarassing incident I can share, none as intriguing as yours, Crim, but I will share. :)

There was this one incident where I was shopping with my mom. I wasn't really fond of going shopping that day, but my mom needed help so I ended up tagging along. Anyway, we were inside of a dollar store looking for towels and such because my sister and I were moving out at the time and had to get some stuff, and I was typically lagging behind my mother with the cart, mostly due to the fact that I knew what she was looking for. Then, a strange scent kinda caught my nose, one that I kinda liked and without a second thought, I mindlessly started to follow the scent and it excited me more and more as I got closer to it. I must have M-shifted or something because I didn't know what it was. All I knew was that it smelled good and I wanted it. Suddenly, my mom says my name and I snap out of it.
"What are you doing?" She asks.
"Uh...." Was my reply, I really had no idea how to explain what had just happened without making it sound weird.
"Well you just stopped," She continued, "Why? Does one of the girls at your apartment own a dog?"
I was a little confused by the question and responded 'no'. It was then that my mother had pointed out I had stopped in front of a section that had dog treats. And looking at everything, there were a lot of beef-flavoured raw-hide bones and other assortments of meaty things that instantly made me think 'Yep! That'd do it!'.
My mom ultimately dismissed it as me spacing out, but I did feel rather embarassed by it. Of all things I had to be drawn to...XD Let alone, nearly having to explain why I did that. It was certainly interesting!

en_causa_sui
January 26th, 2009, 02:34 AM
Hahaha oh my gods, beef-flavored stuff DOES smell good so I can understand completely. However I actually tried one once because my dog loved them so much...yeah, last time I'll ever do that. Beef smell does NOT equal beef taste. XD

I'm glad you guys think my story was cute because I'm still kindof embarrassed about it. lol Once the meeting was over Kanii asked me if we could get some yarn. I told her that I'll get her a slinky but having yarn just to play with might look a wee bit strange to the roommate.

Ah Waldorf, my boyfriend has a soft spot for his ears too. It's not when I bite them but its when I just barely touch them with my fingertips. It drives him nuts. lol

CelticMagician
January 26th, 2009, 02:39 AM
Hahaha oh my gods, beef-flavored stuff DOES smell good so I can understand completely. However I actually tried one once because my dog loved them so much...yeah, last time I'll ever do that. Beef smell does NOT equal beef taste. XD

XD I know what you mean. I tried my dog's "Beggin' Strips" once just out of curiosity and it didn't taste as good as I'd thought it would be.

Mikropardalia
January 26th, 2009, 07:12 AM
I can agree on the string thing. Or the shiny reflection off a watch face. My best friend likes teasing me with them and I always chase or swat at it. It's just small and moves fast and NEEDS to be chased.

I wouldn't say it was embarrassing to me but it would be a bit odd to an outsider perspective I guess.

Lanina
January 26th, 2009, 11:32 AM
I'm not easily embarrased, but some things are hard to explain.

Me and three of my friends were on walk outside one evening, it was dark and cold. I think this was in March? Anyway, I noticed the tingling sensation in my back and neck that I often have before a shift, but realised it's too late to do anything. We got close to my old school, there's a downhill slope and a tunnel leading to it. I shifted and started running down the hill, loosing my balance and trying to run on all fours. My friends ran after me, all the way to the empty schoolyard. I sat down on the grass and howled. Two of the friends I had with me knew very well what was going on, and mostly giggled. The third one I had tried to explain therianthropy to but he didn't seem to understand. I remember that he said something to me, like "stop it" or something, but I can't remember exactly. He even tried to grab my shoulder, but I didn't liked it and snarled.

After I got out of it, I felt a bit ashamed and was quiet rest of the evening. I had scared my friend, and that wasn't very good.

Dragonslorefury
January 26th, 2009, 12:31 PM
You could get around the yarn-thing by geting one of those huge poofy balls of wool that seems to have no decidable end or finish and then 'poof' is around for a while with the excuse "i'm trying to find the starting thread".

And as for the beefy dog treats, yup I know that feeling, although some aren't as bad a others I have yet to find one that tastes like what it smells of. XD

Hmmm embarassing shifts, granted most of these were 5-6ish years ago when I first started awakening and was having involuntary shifts but here we go-

I was playing volleyball in school once (not of my own free will I might add, I hates volley ball) and as usual I was really bad at it but managing. Thats when I felt a shift come on (snow-leopard), as I was trying my hardest to surpress the sucker and therefore rather spaced out I got a smack on the head wil the volleyball. -Control Officially Gone- My reaction was to let out a huge "MMMMrRAAAOOWWW!" in a very animalistic way. Everyone stopped for a second and gave me an odd look and I got told to sit down for a while until I recovered. I just kind of sat there trying to hide my blushing, and slightly teary eyed, face (it hurteded me XC). This was one of the first of my publically embarassing shifts.

I've had many an embarassing experience when I shifted into a dog, and by dog I don't mean your average sized mutt or some sensible looking dog I mean the yippy, annoying, hyperactive, small kind of dog. The two most embarassing ones I had though have to have been-
- When I was on my way home I shifted into the dog mindset around my friend and, although i was sort-of kind-of attempting to keep a conversation with her, I found my self running around her in circles and pulling out one high-pitched round of yipping afterwards. Then, Much like Lanina, I ended up running full-pelt down one of the hills on my way home yipping all the way. My friend run after me thinking I was bonkers and said something along the lines of "are you okay?". At this point I was still a little spaced out and rather short on the attention span but I managed to convince her that I was okay and just felt like a run....or maybe I didn't but either way she never spoke of it again.

- When my little cousin decided he wanted to "play-fight" as animals, wolves to be specific. After a while of play fighting he decided to bite me, I let out a high pitched yelp and I kind of went down hill from then onwards shift-wise. Of course he didn't know the difference because he was a young kid and we were the only ones in his bed-room but he did get frustrated when he had decided that it was game over and I was still making nips at him and yipping. Eventually though I curled up on the mat in the front room (which was pretty okay because I always layed there to watch tv because it was next to the fire-place) and managed to calmly get back to a normal mind-set.

By far the most notibally embarassing that I can think of right now is (again from a few years back) one of the occassions where I M-shifted into a rabbit. I was in the middle of a Karate lesson and we had just finished a kick-a-thon (which was to be followed by a punch-a-thon...that was not a fun lesson). We were all lined up in a row and everyone was silent and listening to our teacher who was depearting some wise words that I fail to remeber (oops). As it was we were in the standard position for standing and listening and were supposed to stay stood like that and be all official calm and centered.

I was doing a rather good job at this but I was ver sweaty after all those kicks and I could feel all the moisture on my face. All of a sudden I started to do that little twitch that you'll often see rabbits do with their paws just before they're about to clean themselves. I tried to stop myself but before I knew it one twitch lead to another and I straightened up twitching my hands and basically the instict rushed over me and got the better of me. I started cleaning the moisture off my face and my focus completly centered around that until all of a sudden I heard my name shouted.
I jolted, slammed my hands back down into the proper position and looked to see my very perplexed looking teacher and along the line I could see that everyones head had turned to look at me with the same weireded out expression. He asked if I was okay and I said yes I was just tired and sweaty and he gave me that glance that kind of gestures "Okaaaaay, riiight" and got back on with the lesson.

Whilst my hands where still trying to twitch back to their grooming session I think it's safe to say that I was never going to let that happen again. I just wanted the dojo mat to open and swallow me up.

That's about all I can think of for now.

P.s. Sorry for the long post of boredom and doom. :o

en_causa_sui
January 26th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Yeah, I used to be in taekwondo and the only time we ever had a problem with that was when we were kicking the pads as Master Edin held them. I had a fairly strong side-kick then(this was about a year ago) and Kanii wanted to have a shot. So I let her and she didn't quite get the message that the idea wasn't to try to hurt him but to try to move him from his stationary position. Well I wasn't really paying attention (watching the little kids, they're so cute with their little belts and kiyis) and she put full-force on that side kick. It sent him backward/down and he hit his head on the wall pretty soundly (it was only a few feet to the wall, nothing awesome). He was alright, it just surprised the hell out of both of us. Mostly because I didn't know my legs could do that and he hadn't expected it from the only girl in class. lol

Oblivian
January 26th, 2009, 06:51 PM
Awww >.<.. everyone has such fun experiences. I just don't have those. Or I don't think they're interesting enough to remember.

I know that while training martial arts (Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu) I often found myself locked in positions where I couldn't really move my hands/arms/feet/legs at all without the risk of injury (*pmurr* I miss those times) uh.. and I decided "Ah well I can't do anything else, so I'm allowed to bite".. that got me shocked looks. What? Noone told me it was taboo to bite.. :D..

I also have spoken in my sleep on occasion (I'm guessing Kaya is the reason). The first time it happened was a few years back, I'd fallen asleep with my TV and lamp on. Dad went past my door and saw the light was on (it was LATE) and so he entered my room, turned off the TV and asked if he should turn off the light to which I (apparently) snarled "no!".. <.<.. he asked the next morning if I was angry with him. I was like.. "'scuze me.. wha?"

en_causa_sui
January 26th, 2009, 07:23 PM
haha yeah sleeptalkers are always fun to mess with. Unfortunately my roommate only does when she's sleeping off the booze. O.o"

Oblivian
January 26th, 2009, 07:24 PM
I don't talk in my sleep. That's the freaky part, I was sleeping but the body was awake.. <.<.. I even looked at my dad when it happened.
Same thing happened later with my ex, but it was when he started to cheat on me.. and I thinks "I" (still voting for Kaya the kitty) said very mean things.

Semi-funny :P

TheGreyPilgrim
January 26th, 2009, 08:44 PM
I've been told that sometimes I growl or snarl in my sleep...It usually happens when I'm physically a wolf in my dreams.

Raqui
January 26th, 2009, 11:35 PM
I've said some funny stuff in my sleep, like "Don't whip 'em, Daddy!" But if we're going to talk about sleeptalking stories, maybe we should make a new thread.

JPR
January 27th, 2009, 12:33 AM
Ive had only a few funny things happen to me before. One time I was in my front yard just relaxing when my neighbors cat walked by. Now normally I love cats but at this time I still couldnt tell when I was about to M-shift. I did something to scare the cat and it took off running. I guess I shifted because every instinct I had was telling me chase. chase, chase! So what do I do? I take off after it.

After running after it and almoast catching it my mom comes outside looks ant me running around chasing it and says. "Um what are you doing?" That was a little embarrassing to say the least.

Another time was when I was helping her shop. She went down the pet food isle to get our dog food. I got sidetracked by the smell of those beef dog treats. Lol she came up to me as I was sniffing them and asked what I was doing. I lied and said just seeing what they smell like. Ive also growled at a freind in school when he snuck up on me and grabed my neck as a joke. It kinda freaked him out.

Raqui
January 27th, 2009, 11:24 AM
I use to growl, hiss and snarl at people all the time when they surprised me or when I got really mad. I've learned to tone it down a bit, but I still growl under my breath sometimes when I'm frustrated.

KallistoNire
January 27th, 2009, 05:38 PM
Only one I can remember that was embarassing was I was sitting on the beach with my mate, and this balloon came tumbling past. I looked at him, he rolled his eyes and said "go get it", and...I tore off down the beach after it. It got snagged on a rock, and I basically jumped on it, pinned it and wrestled it into defeat - kinda like a puppy, I was told afterwards. I just felt silly becuase I'd just started thinking of my mate in a mate-ish kind of way, and he didn't know too much about my wolfness.

I growl and whimper all the time, I need to remember to stop doing it around my mate's dog, who thinks it's an invitation to wrestle with my mate...I feel really bad when he gets told off and looks at me as if to say "She did it, why can't I?"

Oblivian
January 27th, 2009, 05:42 PM
JPR: XD

Kallisto: Awwwww <3

en_causa_sui
January 27th, 2009, 11:11 PM
Kallisto: Balloons are so much fun! As are beach balls, slinkies, yarn, glitter, tinsel, chew toys, cat toys, feathers, bells, water floaties, playdoh, GAH! There's so many! X3 And they're so hard to resist!

Raqui
January 30th, 2009, 01:14 AM
Aww. I made a chew toy for my dog that's basically a small pillow stuffed with fabric scraps, which makes it extra-floppy. When I play with him we both end up attacking the thing for all we're worth X]

KallistoNire
January 30th, 2009, 04:43 PM
Kallisto: Balloons are so much fun! As are beach balls, slinkies, yarn, glitter, tinsel, chew toys, cat toys, feathers, bells, water floaties, playdoh, GAH! There's so many! X3 And they're so hard to resist!

I love nearly everything on that list! Just remembered once at college, I found a fluffy little pompom thing on the floor (probably some dancer's costume gone AWOL) and I was batting it about and pounced it, only to look up my class mates kinda making this face :confused: ...I never really get "wolfy" at college, but...it was fluffy!

Oblivian
January 30th, 2009, 06:21 PM
it's like the whole.. something round/round-ish lays on the table I sit by/stand by. It keeps getting me attention. The minutes pass, whoever I'm talking to gets only 5&#37; of my attention. I feel slight twitches in my muscles from the extreme urge to paw at the ball/ball-ish thingy.

A few more minutes pass, the thought "To hell with it" passes through my mind and I paw delightfully at the ball being happier than ever before making it roll on every direction possible but resist the urge to chew.

^-.-^ is me.

Arawn
January 31st, 2009, 03:12 PM
I ran into a door in the middle of an m-shift. I thought I could go through it, completely forgetting that in this life-time that I'm solid. I got up from the table of friends to use the restroom and ran right into the stupid door, and, of course, the door didn't move and I didn't go through it...I just bounced off, red as can be.

Zipperfox
January 31st, 2009, 03:18 PM
I know that while training martial arts (Bujinkan Budo Taijutsu) I often found myself locked in positions where I couldn't really move my hands/arms/feet/legs at all without the risk of injury (*pmurr* I miss those times) uh.. and I decided "Ah well I can't do anything else, so I'm allowed to bite".. that got me shocked looks. What? Noone told me it was taboo to bite.. :D..

Oh, man. I've lost track of how many times I've growled/bit my way out of a grappling match. ^^; It's not taboo in Kenpo, but it DOES scare the crud out of the opponent. Who wants to fight someone who's going to snarl at you? ^_^

en_causa_sui
February 1st, 2009, 03:23 AM
Gah! Reading this thread makes me crave something small and fluffy to toss around! X3

McWereFoxx
February 3rd, 2009, 10:46 AM
The only time I have really been embarrassed was at school. I got a very big urge to just run and so I did. The teacher didn't quite that I did it during his review of our material.

Elidolente
February 11th, 2009, 09:00 PM
wow, I haven't had one yet, but I have gotten pretty close. This morning on the bus, I noticed a cut I got recently and really wanted to lick it. It was quite unbearable, but I did manage to suppress it enough till I got too school. That was the closet I got so far though, hope it doesn't get too bad :/ Advice and how to resist better?

scream_at_sunrise
February 11th, 2009, 09:18 PM
I've well...screamed I guess is the word for it. Like making an extremely high pitched shreik like that. We were overlooking a gorge on a hike and I got to the egde of the cliff and saw a deer in the clearing bellow oh man it took almost every ounce of logic to talk myself down from launching off that cliff. And well my phantom wings I convinced myself wouldnt support me and I was frustraited and ravenous so I just let out this crazy bird call type thing. :/ Got me a lot of awkward looks. Im pretty god at resisting the urge to pounce on fluffy things I own a pet rabbit, but occassionaly if Im comfortable I'll pur and wont notice it. Ive also tried to preen myself before and swivling my head around to grab the hood of my sweatshirt with my teeth was apparently odd.

WhiteFox
February 11th, 2009, 09:50 PM
Ok, here's one:

I was doing dishes and deep in a bad mood, so when my mom suddenly snapped an order at me I growled at her.

She slapped me and I was like "wtf just happened?" I didn't realize that I did that until afterwards.

en_causa_sui
February 13th, 2009, 03:45 AM
Oh dear. XD I haven't gotten slapped for growling before. But I have gotten very strange looks from my roommate when I've purred before (my fox-therian friend was over and was scratching our ears. :p) Yeah, just another thing for her to feel uncomfortable around me with. T_T (I accidentally came out to her today. Yet to see how that affects how she acts around us...)

Mobius
February 13th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Once, when playing paintball, (yes, paintball, once again...) I was in a trench, getting shot at. The moment the shooting stopped, I jumped out to lay some suppressive fire and move to a better spot, and when I did, the guy who was shooting at me fell back and tried to crawl backwards for a few feet.
Later, I heard from the talk around the area that the guy thought a wolf had jumped out of the trench. Needless to say, the guy freaked out and left. It seems I had done some aural shifting, and the guy had seen a projection of myself.
At other games, my sensitivity increases, and I can hear everyone and everything in the arena, as well as an ability to walk directly up to people, and they never hear or see me. I become a ninja when I shift....hehehe

Scarlet Bell
February 13th, 2009, 03:59 PM
Once, when playing paintball, (yes, paintball, once again...) I was in a trench, getting shot at. The moment the shooting stopped, I jumped out to lay some suppressive fire and move to a better spot, and when I did, the guy who was shooting at me fell back and tried to crawl backwards for a few feet.
Later, I heard from the talk around the area that the guy thought a wolf had jumped out of the trench. Needless to say, the guy freaked out and left. It seems I had done some aural shifting, and the guy had seen a projection of myself.
At other games, my sensitivity increases, and I can hear everyone and everything in the arena, as well as an ability to walk directly up to people, and they never hear or see me. I become a ninja when I shift....hehehe

Ninja Wolves! XD

McWereFoxx
February 14th, 2009, 01:31 AM

Oh my god, that's hilarious. I have only played paintball thrice and in two it was arena the last was woodlands, I had to quit for a while because we shot my cousin off a cliff and he broke my gun trying to keep from falling. (Small cliff, 8 maybe 12 feet)

en_causa_sui
February 14th, 2009, 07:04 PM
I've so wanted to try paintball but I'm a horrible aim at anything other than billards...and sometimes bowling on a good day. :p

JPR
February 19th, 2009, 08:06 PM
I love paintball. I play evey chance I get. I can just picture that guy freaking out after that happend. I cant really remember If I have ever shifted during a game or not. I know I scared a kid one time when he walked around a bush and I had climbed to the top of a hill. Second I saw him I shot and missed when he started running I slid down the hill jumped about a 4ft drop then tore after him. Sadly I got tunnle vision and didnt see the other guy hiding behind a tree and I got lit up.

Ice Blitz
February 19th, 2009, 09:35 PM
Well, for me there's a couple of different times. One being most recent...

I was running at our state park and had gone too far on a hike. I only had 15-30 minutes to backtrack a trail that I have been walking on for an hour. So, I was running, and worrying, and semi-shifted due to the exercixe quieting my human mind, and being out in the woods.

I heard a rustling in a bush on the side of the path and something jumped out at me. I lept back stiff legged and let out a full snarl. Turns out it was a chipmonk. Luckily, no one was around to see that.

I've also chased squirrels in public, and have even been caught chasing cats (though I love them).

The hardest part was volunteering at a raptor center, and having to fight back an answering howl to a nearby coyote. >.<

I sniff things lots too.

Oh, here's an interesting one. One of my friends jumped out from nowhere, and I proptly fell on my back (from standing) raised my hands (in clawlike positions in front of me) and hissed very loudly.

Dunno what that was about, ^^ My friend hasn't let me forget it since. I just tell her I was a wolf raised by cats. ^^ Which is mostly true.

And I talk in my sleep too. I've had whole conversations with my mom when she'd try to wake me up after falling asleep in the car. I don't remember a one of them.

cheetah
February 19th, 2009, 09:42 PM
I chase pigeons. I have absolutely no idea what I would do with one, but I chase them anyway. Though I do not believe that that is related to therianthropy.

en_causa_sui
February 20th, 2009, 04:26 PM
We like rabbits. :D Those are so much fun and my friends don't really think anything of it. They pass it off as "Oh, she's just hyperactive."

ChildOfDarkness
February 25th, 2009, 09:16 PM
I have a double persanality (friends fondly call her Angelus or CD)

I love to chase things and once chased a flock of pigens smack bang in the middle of town.The people around me just stood and stared turned out had been growling all the while I did it.

I play fight with my GSD the two of us are constantly cought rolling around the floor yapping and nipping at each other my dad has walked in on one of these games but brush's it of.

The sight of snow makes me go in to mad game.I will roll around the floor and play bow for someone to join in the game.Im happy to say a wolfie friend of mine gladly joined in and we whent crazy out on the green in front of my house.

This was told to me by my mum(.I was 3 years old at the time of this so dont know weather it counts).
We use to breed GSD's(german shepheard dogs)and one of the female's had a litter of pups when I was about 3 years old.I would crawl round the floor with the pups and the mum would whatch us from the welping box.
Well my mum whent in the kitchen to make a bottle for me and when she came back she couldnt find me any were and the pups were all called up a sleep in there box.
My mum was searching high and low and knew I couldnt get outside she deside to check the box.I was curled up a sleep with the puppies in a warm furry heap the female had put me in there when she had collected the pups.
Must have thought I was one of hers my mum said :P

I have all so had to exsplane to a friend of mine why she saw a large black wolf launch its self at some smart mouth punk who's soul purpess in life was to make mine stink.

My other half Angelus is normaly responsible for my mood swings when I get mad she takes over and being my vampire self I wouldnt like to see what she can do if realy pushed in to it

Wow long post and thats only a few sorry if there are any errors its 1:15 am here and im tired but cant sleep.

Rainstone
March 5th, 2009, 02:30 AM
Well kind of random thing that happened to me I usually experience my mental shifts when I eat meat after not having any of that type for about a day.
Anywho, I was walking back with my friends from McDonalds (bah.. but hey there was nothing else open at mid-night) and I was happily eating my burger and finishing it when I started to shift in the middle of the street. My friends look at me weird as if I was crazy or something. The one knows about me and my mental shifting. Anyways they pass it off and we keep walking until low and behold my friends cat is running around outside. Well that perks me right up my wings flex and I go down on all fours looking at the cat. The cat stops and looks back at me. (they're perseptive with that kind of stuff) My friend who knows about my mental shifts looks over the situation that is now unfolding infront of him then realizes what I'm about to do. Before he could call the cat's owner out of the house I was off chasing this cat down the street. about 10 minutes later the cat's owner comes out of the house with my friend as I am comming back with the cat firm in my mouth purring at me. Explaining the whole thing to him about why I had his cat in my mouth was an interesting conversation to say the least.

DragonicWolf
March 6th, 2009, 02:13 PM
I dont recall... but , as do many of you here, i chase small animals childishly, and this can happen anywhere, at any time.

Also, I think two years ago, in the music room of my school, I suddenly started to walk on all fours and curl up behind the piano at the corner of the room. I felt so foolish after that, because there were people in that room. =/

Oh yes, i forgot to add that I normally experience shifts when I am playing with my dog, and I think my maid hears me growling and howling... and even though I am not sure whether anyone heard me or not, i still feel embarrassed.

Leeds
March 6th, 2009, 02:26 PM
The most funny, reoccurring thing that happens is when I get injured and let out a yelp and everybody just looks at me completely surprised. Apparently most people do not yelp when injured or startled. :D

DragonicWolf
March 6th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Oh yeah, yelping XD That has happened to me several times. But I don't think anyone heard me.

I just remembered something... I was in a shift at home, by myself. I ran on all fours quite fast, turned a corner, and FLUMP, i fell on my side =/ Unfortunately this broke my shift, but it was something to laugh at myself about. (no one saw this except the spirits :3, and maybe god)

outwarddoodles
March 6th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Funny that bird chasing was brought up.

Although I have no notable experience to speak about here, most of my 'awkward therian moments' stem from my little known hobby of chasing small creatures. Particularly when I was younger, I made sport of creeping up behind birds and squirrels as much as possible, and then attempted to pounce upon them. Eventually, I combined my animal instincts with my characteristically human knack for problem solving, and began tossing pebbles at squirrels in place of pouncing on them.

Needless to say, these expeditions concluded with a lot of irritated, chattering squirrels, and me exultation in my successful 'hunt' -- not a normal sight, to say the least.

My affinity for bird catching still presides even today; I've found that birds at large, populated areas such as Amusement Parks and Outside Eateries are particularly desensitized to human activity -- they're especially susceptible to being caught unawares. And I can NEVER resist the opportunity to ruffle their feathers!

I've never actually really nabbed a bird this way; but I've gotten close. I even have a few feathers as evidence. I've been also pecked on my hand....once. Usually I've so surprised as having touched the bird, that I instantly let go.

I've been caught in the middle of this....questionable....activity several times. And it leads to rather awkward explanations. :P

Warrick
March 9th, 2009, 06:19 PM
I chase pigeons. I have absolutely no idea what I would do with one, but I chase them anyway. Though I do not believe that that is related to therianthropy.

I do that too. I also have no clue what I would do if I caught one. But it's amusing and fun to try. Even though when I do manage to get close enough to get one they get away by doing their normal hop/fly thing and I half pause, confused. Plus it's just entertaining to watch a large group of them scatter. ;}

I don't think I have much of an odd story to relate because I'm not sure if I shift much or at all. (Still trying to determine if Con or not.) ... But I used to be really bad about people touching me. And there was this one time back in my junior year of high school I think it was... this chick in class, while the teacher was yammering on about some history stuff reached forward and poked her fingers at my hair. I whipped around, sent my binder and a fistful of papers across the room and snapped at her. I think she just about fell out of her seat.

There was a nice, long pause of dead silence following. To which I quietly gathered my felled binder and papers and sat back down. ;}

Oblivian
March 29th, 2009, 04:41 PM
I KNEW this thread was here! Just remembered something.

Once, I had a therian friend over at my place (or maybe I was over at him, can't remember). We were bored and decided to wrestle a bit.. like we usually do. Both have trained martial arts.

As usual (since he's stronger) he locked me pretty good.. so I look around, and see how I could get out of the situation (pretty high on adrenaline) he's gotten me in. He had my hands locked tight, and his knee around my head. Hmm? Knee!
So I did what my wolven instincts told me.. and sank my teeth into the back of his knee (where the hamstring is attached) and boy.. did he let go. *sadistic giggle*

He had a bruise for quite some time.

Unless I'm mistaken, he'd also dared me on getting loose.. *innocent whistle*.. thus, he deserved it.

Raqui
March 29th, 2009, 05:19 PM
Oh, yes, I chase pidgeons whenever I can. And I yelp or growl fairly often too. I used to growl whenever I didn't like something, but I've toned it down quite a bit. Now it's only the occasional involuntary reaction. I don't really bother explaining as everyone around me thinks I'm a bit nuts anyway :/

I have a funny story, but I don't think it's counts as a shift. Once I was playing a game called Morrowind, where your character could become a werewolf. Boy, did I love that. It's was late at night and my parents had gone to bed, and they had me put on earphones so the noises from the game wouldn't wake them up. I was- ehem- letting out some anger by slaughtering an entire town, after saving, of course. My character was in werewolf form and was howling and growling, and I was so into I was snarling and howling right along with him. It didn't help that the game is played in first person. I realized I was making some noise, but the earphones made me feel cut off from the outside world because I couldn't hear anything other than my game. So I didn't stop to think that mom and dad could surely hear me. I went on long into the night like this, and in the morning I realized how I must have sounded to them, especially since they couldn't hear the game, only me. Ahh, it was fun though ;D

Oblivian
March 29th, 2009, 05:23 PM
Raqui: roflmao! :D that is so funny and at the same time embarrassing when it happens.

Scarlet Bell
March 29th, 2009, 05:25 PM
I've done the same ,Oblivian. I was wrestling with a friend, and she had pined my head under her back, I told her to get off, but she didn't, and before I relizied what I was doing I had bitten into her back. No mark was left because I let go almost as soon as I relized what I was doing. She said it felt like I had gone though the skin even though I hadn't.

Oblivian
March 29th, 2009, 05:28 PM
I've done the same ,Oblivian. I was wrestling with a friend, and she had pined my head under her back, I told her to get off, but she didn't, and before I relizied what I was doing I had bitten into her back. No mark was left because I let go almost as soon as I relized what I was doing. She said it felt like I had gone though the skin even though I hadn't.

If they play with wolves, they can't expect wolves to act human :D

Sareth
March 29th, 2009, 06:11 PM
I figured there was a thread for this.

Ahh embarrsaaing moments? Well there is the usual growling, purring, meowing, pawing at stuff and chasing small animals. as well as licking blood from my wounds and biting

when I was a kid I used to sit out in my backyard behind the shed where our yard met the forest and I would watch the rabbits, I remember one specific time I snuck up behind one and ever so slightly moved closer to it until I almost had its tail, it darted away before then though. I also chase birds whenever I see them in a large group, on my friends farm I used to chase the domestic geese and the roosters ( I ALWAYS caught those, so easy )

The most embarsaasing time I can remember was when I was about 13, It was the endm of 8th grade almost and I was at a classmates house for her birthday, it was a sleepover and we were sitting around talking. I was tired and trying to sleep. This girl ( whos apparent mission in life was to make my stay at that school as miserable as possible) kept poking me and trying to wake me up, well naturally I started hissing and growling, which spurred her to further irratate me, so I ended up chasing her around the room in a slightly crouched position leaping over objects and people while growling and hissing quite alot.

The other inncident I remember most is when I shifetd more to the Vampire side. my friend had stolen the batteries out of my CD player I chased after himk untill he handed them off to some other who wouldn't give the batteries back either. Now I didn't know this kid so I didn't care, all I knew was that I wanted my music back damnit! and so before I even knew what was happening I had jacked him up by his throat and demanded back my batteries. The look on his face was priceless, he was shocked and quite frightned. he immediately handed back my batteries and I stalked away.

shade_woylven
March 30th, 2009, 03:44 PM
Oh wow! I'm surprised it took me so long to find this thread!

Recently I've had a few rather embarrassing (in a personal sense) experiences. I think the most embarrassing happened about a week ago, actually.

You see, just a little under three weeks ago I broke up with my boyfriend of five years. I'm open to meeting new people, and a guy I know through some friends has the hots for me. I was spending the night at our mutual friends' house, and he was there as well. We were all sitting around watching a movie, and I was in a state of mind where it's really easy for me to mentally and phantom shift. I had been feeling vulnerable and kind of melancholy all day anyway, so I was in a kind of defensive and depressed mood, to begin with.

Now this guy; he's not a bad guy, and he is kind of fun to be around, but, well, to put it lightly, the kind of relationship he wants right now I'm not ready for. I'm still not into that "free and easy" part of romance yet; or at least, not with him.

So I'm kind of stewing in my own emotional juices, and I get all worked up and start to shift both mentally and to have a phantom body. I didn't really notice it, and it took probably about thirty minutes before I did realize what I'd done. Normally when that happens I can just ride it out and get back to a human mind-set and get back into the conversation; if that doesn't work then I'll fall asleep.

But not that night!

This guy tried to put some moves on me, and started petting/scratching/messaging my back. When he started to touch me his hand actually went through my wolf back to get to my human back :eek:. I could actually feel his hand going through my muscles! It freaked me right the fuck out! I couldn't figure out what to do, so I just tensed up and panicked. He was trying to be nice, and if my "wolf body" hadn't extended two inches past my human body, then it wouldn't have been nearly as awkward, but as it was he was not only pushing his way through my aura, but it also felt like he was touching through my muscles!

It took me probably about five minutes before I could think of a good, human way to solve the problem. My initial thought had been to growl and snap at him, but my chimp-brain told my wolf-brain that this would be a very bad idea. Eventually I kind of shrugged him off and shook my head no, but I was still very embarrassed about it!

Sareth
March 30th, 2009, 07:30 PM
Oh wow I've never had a phantom shift that strong before, that had to be interesting lol

Mila_13
March 30th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Lol wow at least I'm not the only one with these kind of experiences. I actually have quite a few, but since I don't want to bore you, I'll only share one of them. (By the way, I am a snow leopard, just in case you were wondering) This happened recently. I was at my uncle's house and he lives in a wooded area so of course the first thing I do is shoot out the back door and head for the trees. I climbed the highest one I could find and just stared out at the landscape. Then, out of nowhere, I started scenting the air and I smelled something that didn't belong to the piney scent of the woods. It was my sister's perfume. I silently began to stalk her and then, at the right moment, I lept from the tree and pinned her to the ground, snarling playfully (like when kittens play). Scared the crap out of her...lol I kind of felt bad, but then again I hadn't meant to "hunt" her.

Scarlet Bell
March 30th, 2009, 07:57 PM
We like hearing tales of others, Mila, we wouldn't be bothered at all. I'd really like to hear the others if you still want to share. =D

Mila_13
March 30th, 2009, 08:04 PM
*blushes* okies...well there was this one time at church (when my mom used to force me to go) that my friend, Will, started randomly playing with my hair. I shivered and could feel the shift coming on. My ears relaxed into a flatter posision and I closed my eyes and started to purr. Then he got curious and scratched behind my ears, and that did it. I shifted fully and began to purr louder and nuzzle at his hand. Eventually I also began to nibble at his hand as well. Then he suddenly stopped. I slowly phased back and noticed the youth group meating thingy had stopped and they were all staring at me.

Mila_13
March 30th, 2009, 08:05 PM
**lol that's supposed to say "started" not "sharted" heh sorry

Mila_13
March 30th, 2009, 08:07 PM
Oh! and I have a really sweet one. If you are interested that is...

cheetah
March 30th, 2009, 08:08 PM
There is an edit tab under your posts.

Scarlet Bell
March 30th, 2009, 08:12 PM
Loved to here it. =D Always so fun to listen to this kind of things.

Mila_13
March 30th, 2009, 08:18 PM
Otay. Well I was at my friend's house, (he is now currently my boyfriend =^-^=) and he was playing a video game. The cord to the controler was wiggling back and forth and I just HAD to play with it. When he noticed what I was doing, he paused the game and we started to wrestle. Well in the midst of that, I began to playfully nip at him (without realizing it at first) and then he yipped happily and nipped back. He suddenly seemed to realize what he did and he stopped and blushed. I asked why and he didn't want to tell me. I eventually got it out of him and found out he was a fox. He thought I would think he was crazy until I told him I was a snow leopard. That's part of what started our relationship together.

Mila_13
March 30th, 2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks Cheetah, heh I didn't even see that.

Mila_13
March 30th, 2009, 08:30 PM
I'm sorry, I'm being rude. Any you would like to share Scarlet Bell?

Scarlet Bell
March 30th, 2009, 08:38 PM
In truth I'm not sure I have much to share, most of my expreances happened as a child, then I went into a surpression of my wereside, and I'm still trying to unsurpress it. So I don't have much to really tell, and can't really remember my childhood very well. I remember enough that helped me into finding out I was a therian, but not enough to remember any real embarrasing shifts.

Mila_13
March 30th, 2009, 08:39 PM
Oh ok. Well I'm still working on controlling my shifts.

Redd Wolf
March 30th, 2009, 08:46 PM
I chomped my friend's arm/ randomly howling/ yelping when surprised.

Little things that add up.

Scarlet Bell
March 30th, 2009, 08:46 PM
Same, re-awakening can be rather odd. Lol. But it also help confurm I was a therian, past memories wasn't much to go on. But as I slowly unsurpress and accept myself, I feel like a lost piece of me has finally been found. It's a happy feeling.

Mila_13
March 30th, 2009, 08:49 PM
I can imagine. =^-^= It's also a happy feeling to finally be talking to some of my own kind. I don't know of you've read my blurb on my profile, but before my boyfriend, I wasn't accepted for who I was...I had to become human. I have nothing against humans, but it didn't feel right and I wasn't happy.

Mila_13
March 30th, 2009, 08:50 PM
To Redd Wolf: Yeah, I've been known to take a bite out of people when angered or suprised.

Redd Wolf
March 30th, 2009, 08:50 PM
Same, re-awakening can be rather odd. Lol. But it also help confurm I was a therian, past memories wasn't much to go on. But as I slowly unsurpress and accept myself, I feel like a lost piece of me has finally been found. It's a happy feeling.

Most of this happened while I was awakening. I was on a canoe trip, too, out in the woods, so it was even harder to suppress my wolfishness.

And it really is a happy feeling.

Sorry for hijacking the thread for a moment. Continue.

To Mila_13: I ask people now before doing it. They usually let me. ;)

Scarlet Bell
March 30th, 2009, 08:51 PM
Yeah, the feeling can really be hard. But we're changing the topic now, if you still want to talk though I'd be happy to take it to a PM.

Mila_13
March 30th, 2009, 08:59 PM
To Scarlet Bell: Okies. Well what's the new topic?
To Redd Wolf: It's quite alright. I don't mind talking to you. So you're a wolf huh? How did you find that out?

Redd Wolf
March 30th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Here. I'll post a new thread in Therianthropy Discussion.

Lanina
March 31st, 2009, 11:03 AM
Last friday I was out with my boyfriend and two of his friends. We had been out playing laser-tag and then we ate pizza. Afterwards, we were going to one of the guys' place for watching a film. We we're sitting on subway, and I felt all shifty. My boyfriend was explaining something to me about his new alarm clock, but I couldn't really concentrate. He showed the clock to me, but all I did was sniff at it and then nodded. I couldn't really speak. He noticed that there was something weird going on (he knows of my therianthropy), but didn't say anything. I was afraid that his two friends would notice something, but I think they were too busy talking to eachother.

Oblivian
March 31st, 2009, 04:37 PM
He showed the clock to me, but all I did was sniff at it and then nodded.

~ SO ~ INCREDIBLY ~ CUTE! ~

It's funny when you're tired/unfocused/(in you case)shifted and just react by "Oh, you're showing something to me? *sniff sniff sniff* Not edible.." have a feeling that applies more to me. You seem a bit more collected :3

Raqui
March 31st, 2009, 06:43 PM
~ SO ~ INCREDIBLY ~ CUTE! ~

It's funny when you're tired/unfocused/(in you case)shifted and just react by "Oh, you're showing something to me? *sniff sniff sniff* Not edible.." have a feeling that applies more to me. You seem a bit more collected :3

Lol, that reminds me so much of my puppy XD

Oblivian
March 31st, 2009, 06:53 PM
Lol, that reminds me so much of my puppy XD

YAY I'm Raquis puppy ;-P

Sashira
March 31st, 2009, 10:04 PM
I've been meaning to post here for awhile. I'm not often ashamed, but this one was completely mortifying.

My most embarrassing therian experience was in fourth grade, when I bit a kid on the ankle. I was working in the school bookstore (which was usually a nice place to sit alone and read, in between the occasional student stopping in for a new eraser.) That particular day, a boy was working with me.

He was really pissing me off, because the space behind the counter was MINE and yet he was standing there with me. (The territory instinct is one of the strongest when I'm not shifted.) He was also making fun of me, in a habitual I'm-just-a-jerk kind of way. I dropped a pencil, stooped down to pick it up, he made a snide comment, I bit him on the ankle.

To this day I remember the taste of socks - cottony, like chewing on a Q-tip - and the sense of sudden shame at FAILING TO BE HUMAN. That was far worse than the inevitable teasing from everyone who heard about it.

Sareth
March 31st, 2009, 10:51 PM
and the sense of sudden shame at FAILING TO BE HUMAN.

Oh god XD yes thats almost exactly what I was thinking to myself when i had chased that chick around snarling and hissing. Oh dear. lol

Sashira
April 1st, 2009, 12:32 AM
Well there is the usual growling, purring, meowing, pawing at stuff and chasing small animals. as well as licking blood from my wounds and biting

Guilty of all of those, I'm afraid (though I haven't bit anyone since a fight with my sister many years ago... I'm more likely to scratch if I'm not thinking about it.)

I also love to toss about and play with little fluffy things, as others have mentioned. I'm like one of my cats that way... I can walk past a little feathery puff day after day, and not notice it in the slightest, then one day my gaze falls on it and I think, "PLAY!" And then I usually end up on my back batting it around and smiling blissfully.

I usually think it's cute, if somewhat quirky. (I know my fiancee finds these things endearing.) I think I just have a high threshold for embarrassment.

Ooooh... I do have an animal-chasing story. I used to chase rabbits when I was little. But rabbits aren't all that fast, and definitely not that bright, so I would always end up cornering them; they'd freeze, I'd grab 'em. It got to the point where it was just too easy, so I switched to squirrels. Squirrels are fast, wary, corner quickly, and if they reach a tree they're GONE. If you do get close to one, they're likely to bite you if you grab them, so that's an added challenge.

Once, I caught the squirrel. I was chasing it, and it dashed up a tree just before I got to it (as they usually did.) But it was early Spring and there was a nest of songbirds with new babies. The male picked up the squirrel by its tail and dumped it unceremoniously out of the tree. I scooped it up with my sweatshirt, and had this extremely canine moment of, "I caught it!! I caught the SQUIRREL!!" ...Then I came to my senses and let it go.

That memory still makes me smile.

DragonicWolf
April 1st, 2009, 05:00 AM
Oh gosh... the squirrels here are way too fast. Usually I only see a blur of brown then they are gone. There are way too many open drains and other hiding places where I live to even get the chance to go near a squirrel. Additionally they do not trust humans, 100&#37;. Ive heard that in other countries some squirrels will actually come up to you and take food from you?

Oblivian
April 1st, 2009, 07:41 AM
Sashira: You make me smile.

I just remembered (when talking about biting things) a completely overwhelming urge I have had exactly ONCE in this life. I was.. maybe five-six, perhaps even seven. Not sure, I'm too old to remember those ages. Ah well.
I'd been to the toilet, was standing at the washbowl, picked up the soap.. and was completely overwhelmed by the most intense curiosity I've ever experienced; "What does soap taste like?". Thought and done, I sank my teeth into it.

Just so you know, it was an olive-soap. We've always used those.

You can, yourself, guess how long it took me to realize I really didn't want to keep it in my mouth. Somehow, I've never even once been the least curious (apart with that goo you have in your hair for like 10 minutes and then rinse out, that isn't conditioner. One really smelled like dessert. Then I remembered my former mistake).

^-.-^

Raqui
April 1st, 2009, 07:38 PM
I chased around a Canado goose at school. Today. I'm really not shy about that. I didn't try to catch it because canada geese are huge and would bite my hand off.

Charliepaw
April 1st, 2009, 07:47 PM
I was was at the mall with three of my friends when we went into some.... girl store. (It had tons of make up, Perfume, and Lotion blah blah blah I didn't like it). One of my friends had said loudly "I heard that lotion is edible!" There was a bottle for to take a sample from and try it out so I went over and put some in my hands. I sniffed it, decided it was okay and tried it. I thought it was okay but had a weird taste. Then I thought "why would they make lotion edible?"..... one of the workers ended up screaming "DON"T EAT THE LOTION!"

Amaryllis
April 2nd, 2009, 01:03 AM
I got a great one for you.

I was at work playing outside with two of my students (I teach toddlers) and one of the boys started growling and snarling at me while the other one was pulling on my hair. Before I knew it I was nipping at them and growling/snarling like a mother dog playing with her pups. I was barely able to keep myself from howling back when one of the boys howled at me. That wouldn't be so bad except that the one boys dad walks in and looks at me like i'm a freak because i'm nipping at his kids hand. Oh did I mention it's a very reserved and closed minded Christian school so explaining myself would be totally out of the question? I just smiled and laughed.

Oblivian
April 2nd, 2009, 06:38 AM
Bones:Well.. isn't the real question, asking your therian side - why wouldn't they make the lotion edible?

Sashira
April 2nd, 2009, 05:46 PM
I chased around a Canado goose at school. Today. I'm really not shy about that. I didn't try to catch it because canada geese are huge and would bite my hand off.

I was wondering if I should tell my Canada Goose story.... I'm going to take this as a sign.

When I was maybe 17, I was visiting my boyfriend-at-the-time at the KFC where he worked. There was a pair of Canadian Geese nesting in the bushes *right* next to the door. Epically bad choice of a nesting location. People would pass within a couple feet of their nest every few minutes, the pair of them would hiss, and generally get upset.

I was hanging out in the parking lot, smoking a cigarette (which I did then) while I waited for my guy. The male of the pair kept staring at me. Eventually he stepped out of the nest and started advancing towards me... very slowly... ducking his head and hissing in an aggression display.

I was halfway across the parking lot, so I was a bit surprised that he was so upset with me. I had enough time to think, "I'd better not move, or he'll really be pissed off", and then he was close enough that he rushed me. Next thing I know, I have a flapping, pecking, murderous goose in my face.

I blocked the beak with my forearm, like you'd block a knife. Even though it really hurt, I was laughing uncontrollably. I thought it was very funny that a bird the size of a Thanksgiving turkey was taking on a person. My mind kept trying to tell me it was a serious situation, then I'd see those wings - FLAP FLAP FLAP - and those little beady crazed eyes, and I'd start giggling again.

I don't remember how the fight ended; it probably just got tired of attacking me. After the fact my right forearm was covered in beak bruises: circles the size of a silver dollar that were black with blood. Nasty; I was grateful I didn't fracture anything. The thing that took longer to heal, though, was my badly bruised ribcage. Though I hadn't realized at the time, those wings - FLAP FLAP FLAP - were beating me about the torso with considerable force. Fighting dinosaurs (er, birds, I mean) is no joke. But it is funny to watch.

Charliepaw
April 2nd, 2009, 06:20 PM
Bones:Well.. isn't the real question, asking your therian side - why wouldn't they make the lotion edible?

Nope the real question is "Why haven't they made lotion with taste of steak?" :D

Oblivian
April 2nd, 2009, 06:35 PM
Nope the real question is "Why haven't they made lotion with taste of stake?" :D

Since, even if it's steak-flavoured.. it'll still not be edible, right? xD

You did mean steak.. no?

Mori
April 2nd, 2009, 07:37 PM
No, it's an immortal vampire special. XD

Charliepaw
April 2nd, 2009, 08:23 PM
Since, even if it's steak-flavoured.. it'll still not be edible, right? xD

You did mean steak.. no?

ah yeah i did. let me go fix that xD

okay Flavored and edible

Oblivian
April 3rd, 2009, 11:01 AM
ah yeah i did. let me go fix that xD

okay Flavored and edible

.. why would we eat lotion, when there's REAL steak? :D

RedFeather
April 3rd, 2009, 02:35 PM
Sashira - we birds are very protective over our nests. XD

Funny story, though.

SilverTiger
April 3rd, 2009, 03:46 PM
Me anf my friend got accepted into this collage we both wanna go to quite recently. My friend was really happy, and so was I, and when she hugged me, I licked her face...

Right from her CHIN to her FORHEAD. :D In public, at a trainstation, too. XD Thats what people get when they are with me when I am happy!

KallistoNire
April 3rd, 2009, 03:56 PM
My newest one was the other day. My mate and I were out for a walk along the beach, and I don't know why but I was feeling very very wolfish and playful..I started to try and get him to chase me and wrestle, but he didn't, so I ended up running, jumping and rolling about in the sand. I mostly stayed on my two feet, so I guess he found it cute. It wasn't untill I came totally out of the shift, about half an hour later, after padding about on the floor (still trying to get him to wrestle) and chewing and licking his hand I thought "Hm, he's never actually seen me quite that bad before.."

Charliepaw
April 3rd, 2009, 04:42 PM
.. why would we eat lotion, when there's REAL steak? :D

There are times when I don't get to eat stake or meat at all for a while :/

kyuubikira
April 3rd, 2009, 04:44 PM
I was wondering what this thread ment.. lol these stories are great!
I don't have anything as much to that effect maybe one was in karate my sensei decided that for a laugh we could replace the "keai" (the shout) with animal sounds, I was embarrassed but it was such an exuse! so it was left, right, backfist with "keai" on the backfist, which we changed to and animal noise. as soon as we started everyone else did their shouts really quietly whereas I barked at the top of my voice!
that got some wierd reactions!

Raqui
April 3rd, 2009, 07:46 PM
I think I'm definitely absorbing traits from you people now. Last night I was sitting on a bed talking to my dad because I didn't feel like going to sleep, and I was pawing at him trying to get him to play with me. He knows me, so that's just fine. But then without even thinking I started to nibble him affectionately, and he got a bit weirded out...

Kiya
April 6th, 2009, 03:16 PM
This story I'll just have to summarize, because it was one of those "you should've been there" kind of things...

Myself, a bunny therian I am no longer friends with, Veruth, and Kyro were all at a park here in my city having a sort of mini howl. With a bit of hesitation we began playing "tracker," which is a very fun game we played at a howl we had all previously attended where one person or a small group will hide, and howl. The other people have to track them down! Well we all ending up howling at each other again and again to keep communication open to help the hunt, so to speak, and I suppose it woke a bunch of surrounding houses' dogs. When we were all re-united we happened to have glow sticks which we cut up and splashed all over each other and the surrounding foliage. The resulting effect was similar to that of the night sky, only we were a part of it so we shouted "We are the universe!"

And yes, we were all completely sober in all respects at the time.

As we ran down out from the trees and onto the grassy areas, we started to play wrestle. Me against the bunny, the wolf against the 'yote, me against the 'yote, the bunny against the wolf... so on and so on.
Of course for this we took off our shoes so as not to get them all super dirty, and to prevent us from hurting each other with them. For this reason we also removed any loose jackets, and belts.

So you can assume how awkward it was when the COPS showed up...
We had to run to get dressed and rush to meet up with them so as to comply with whatever they said and hopefully NOT get arrested.

Apparently we'd woken up ALL the local animals, and there were a lot of noise complaints. He ran all our ID's, then politely told us to get the fuck out of the park. I guess there's a park curfew. Lame.

Luckily, we had all stopped glowing by that point as well. That would've been even more awkward!
2 guys, 2 girls, dirty and rolling around running out of the park trying to get dressed... And adding the glowing?

That would've been a site.

Regardless though...
We left, and that was that.
:]

But oh boy do I love that story.
x3

Sareth
April 6th, 2009, 04:00 PM
Oh wow that sounds like an awesome time =]

Kiya
April 7th, 2009, 05:55 PM
Haha yeah it was....

kyro
April 7th, 2009, 06:32 PM
Kiya: remember we bit through the glow sticks that night :) those things taste nasty. Also i remember how worried i was about them running the plates on my little unregistered salvage vehicle we were driving at the time.

Amaryllis
April 7th, 2009, 11:32 PM
That sounds like a night to remember. If that had happened around here you all would have been in the county jail for a while I think. In that respect you were lucky to be in a city where the cops are probably used to things like that happening all the time.

en_causa_sui
April 8th, 2009, 02:40 AM
Haha ahhh glow sticks. God, I love those. It sounds like you guys had a lot of fun and yeah, we're really jealous. :)

DragonicWolf
April 8th, 2009, 04:59 AM
Lawl Kiya, that sounds like a heck of a time. I would be walking away from the cop with my ears down and tail between my legs... I always feel awful if someone tells me off like that.

Ive never opened my glow sticks before, because Ive always been afraid of the chemicals inside, like if they are poisonous.

Raqui
April 8th, 2009, 09:25 AM
Aww, jealous. See this right here? This is jealousy.

Amaryllis
April 8th, 2009, 10:23 AM
Ive never opened my glow sticks before, because Ive always been afraid of the chemicals inside, like if they are poisonous.

The are supposedly toxic if you ingest too much of them and might even cause a skin irritation to some but overall I don't think they are going to kill you unless you downed all the liquid from one of the really huge ones.

SilverTiger
April 8th, 2009, 12:59 PM
Weeeell, I have one now. XD

Today, I was at the animal hospital for my kitten, who has a fractured leg (nuuuuuu!!!) and there was a homeless guy sitting there. I stared at him. I HAD too, for I couldn't look away. And he kept staring at me. Then, suddenly, he opened his jacket and there was a pigeon. I stared somemore, and then said:

"...Pigeon?"

And he said: "I don't want them to put him down, he can't walk."

Stupidly, I replied: "... Pigeon." With some weird day dreamy look. And I sniffed the air reaaally loudly, so that people were staring. He just looked away with me, standing there, dreaming about how I would love to snap that birds neck in half. And then, my mum came up to me, and said:

"Why do you keep staring at that man?"

And all I said was: "Pigeon."

Seriously, one track mind much. >.< It was so embarrasing!! I was just staring off into space with a goofy grin, saying 'Pigeon' over and over again. XD Needless to say, my mum didn't qeustion anything.

Damn it! I wan't that pigeon!! XD

Kiya
April 8th, 2009, 09:21 PM
The are supposedly toxic if you ingest too much of them and might even cause a skin irritation to some but overall I don't think they are going to kill you unless you downed all the liquid from one of the really huge ones.

Yeahhh....
They taste like crud covered in urine. But they didn't make me sick. I didn't bite them that night, but I did on a different night at a party. But yes... They're disgusting. Though I don't think I've suffered any ill effects from it. Aside from an awful taste and the inside of my mouth glowing for about 15 seconds.

:3

Redd Wolf
April 8th, 2009, 09:30 PM
Here's one that happened today. I was shameless doing it, and it was pretty frickin' hilarious.

Well, there's this one guy (we'll call him Joey) who's kind of a dumbass-guy-amusing-thing in my school, and one of the most amusing things is making him do stupid things. Well anyway, he called me "baby-doll" which is kind of an obvious not-really hitting-on-me sort of insult. I gave him the evil-eye, and Adrian (wolfish friend. may or may not be therian) said, "bite him in the back! That's where it's most sensitive!" so I lunged and chomped down on his shoulder-blade, making him yelp in pain (he didn't take it personally, because he's great like that). It was great, and I thank Adrian for it.

You're cool, man!

Akai
April 8th, 2009, 11:01 PM
Heh, speaking of this...I just got one today.

I was at work and I noticed a kid (maybe 2 years old) in a stroller looking at me, maybe staring. I remembered how there's a theory going on how children so young can see the supernatural. I don't quite believe it, but this was a very unusual case. I decided to test it out and Phantom shift my entire theriotype in front of him and in that very same second, he busted out crying! Even trying to grab a hold of nearby boxes. I feel sorry for spooking him out. o.o

en_causa_sui
April 9th, 2009, 12:18 AM
Awww poor kid. Haha evil big kitty that Akai is. ;) Interesting question, you can shift on purpose? O.o I didn't know people could do that.

Ok so here's one, we were waiting for my friend to come out of the bathroom to finish a conversation that we'd been having and I was standing in the doorway of my dormroom just leaning against the open door. A breeze came in from the window and it felt good so we turned towards it. It was kinda weird because we got a smell of the door as we turned and without thinking I started chewing on it. I really really like the taste of wood and nobody was around (and its a dorm so random teethmarks on things are really that random). So we stood there, in the doorway, feeling the breeze...and gnawing on the door... I had forgotten why we were standing there and so it surprised me when a voice inback of us says, "What are you doing?" I half-turned and there was my friend, all done using the bathroom. There was a bit of silence and I was slightly confused so Kanii said, "Just being...bored." Our friend blinked a few times and then walked over and licked the door. She made a face and then walking away said, "I like my doors at home better."

O.O Needless to say, it was funny in a really weird way and we still don't know what to think. She's very definately human...just kindof a weird one. lol

xdarkestsoulx
April 9th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Well i am a vampire, so when i was sitting class the girl next to me began to bleed. I was about to go insane because she just sat there, her arm bleeding and did nothing about it. Well i lost control, grabbed her arm and attempted to put the bloody area to my mouth, but she freaked out and pulled away. It was horrible.

moonwolf
April 9th, 2009, 04:07 PM
Today, just a little thing: I had poured myself a mug of milk, put the jug back into the refrigerator, and was hit by a strong phantom shift of my upper body. I wanted to drink the milk but didn't really have a muzzle to put into it. So I tried to pick it up, had the momentary thought, "I'm going to drop this," intensely felt my hands as wolf paws, and...droppped it.
For the last four years, my dog and I have hunted rabbits here, he stalking them on the apartment complex lawn, and me rolling furtively along behind him. The rabbits here are fat and complacent, and not afraid of human or dog, but I still have to stalk to approach them because the chair doesn't dash that quickly. Just hunting them on this flat surface, I have gotten within a foot or so of them, and I can feel my phantom body stalking them as I approach. There has been some interference by one of the other residents, an annoying woman who will stand out by the porch and screech,"Don't hurt the cute little bunniiiieeeeess!" The dog and I knew we weren't going to hurt them, just chase them. However, the dog is now 16 years old and considerably less nimble than in years past, and has lost interest in hunting rabbits. (I haven't though :D)

Akai
April 9th, 2009, 11:38 PM
Awww poor kid. Haha evil big kitty that Akai is. ;) Interesting question, you can shift on purpose? O.o I didn't know people could do that.
Well, before I found out about Therianthropy, all the shifting I did was dream shifting, being a lucid dreamer. I'm also a daydreamer. So...phantom shifting to me feels hardly a transition at all! I'll have to admit, mental shifts I can't control, like earlier I kinda did, but didn't want to shift out. Stupid human thoughts ruined it for me. -_-;;;

en_causa_sui
April 10th, 2009, 01:43 AM
Well i am a vampire, so when i was sitting class the girl next to me began to bleed. I was about to go insane because she just sat there, her arm bleeding and did nothing about it. Well i lost control, grabbed her arm and attempted to put the bloody area to my mouth, but she freaked out and pulled away. It was horrible.

Xdarkestsoulx, you aren't the only vampire here and as one personally, this behavior makes me very angry.

You do NOT under any circumstances attack another person regardless of your own want or need for blood. EVER. I say attack because she OBVIOUSLY wasn't willing NOR were you in your legal rights to do that.

As a vampire, you need to learn to control yourself no matter how bad it gets. For your own safety and for the safety of others.

I'm suprised she didn't report you because that could be seen as attempted assault of a minor.

Furthermore, you put your own health at risk as she most likely has not been tested for blood borne diseases NOR was the wound sterilized. The human mouth is a dirty disgusting place so not only would you be opening yourself up for ingesting blood borne diseases but would have put her at risk for infection. When blood and the human mouth come into contact with one another the risk for infection in the person who has the wound rises EXPONENTIALLY and you could have made her very, very sick.

I don't think you realize how lucky you are that you were not reported AND that she was smart enough to pull away in time.

That behavior is reckless, irresponsible, ignorant, and immature. You were looking out for your own needs before the needs and well-being of another person AND risked your own health and that is NOT OK.

NEVER do that again. If you want to risk being charged with assault as well as risking getting the many many different types of blood-borne diseases, by all means, try it again. I doubt you'll be as lucky the second time.

Leeds
April 12th, 2009, 12:00 AM
Alright, so we all baby talk to animals right?

Well I work in a pet store and a lady goes over and starts talking to the birds in that voice. "Well, hello. How are YOU?" You know, really accenting certain parts of her speech and talking like shes really happy?

Well my phantom ears go back and my phantom jaws open and the tongue comes lolling out. Like when dogs are really excited to see you and they paw at the ground and become really eager. She made me so happy! Lol. I was like, "Gawww..." It was hilarious.

(^My roommates favorite story)

Oblivian
August 17th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Okay.. so.. maybe not so much funny "shifting" story as funny "drunk wolf-human" story.. xD..

The last party I was at (the first in like.. 2 years, and the only time I will ever get this drunk).. well, let's skip the evening because there's more embarrassing moments which would probably have people telling me to control myself than fun xD.. at the very end of the "evening" (around 4 am) a friend of mine was sitting on a sofa, I had my head in his lap and he was scratching me.
All fine and dandy, no?
Well, the thing was.. Oblivian was drunk enough to forget the whole human thing. I was stretching, pawing, nuzzling, whimpering, murring and.. you name it, those scratches felt GOOD.

Another funny thing from that occasion, though quite early, shows how much our pets influence us. I'd gotten a couple drinks and flopped down on the smaller sofa, stretched out with full force on it and "domp" someone was on the floor (becuase of my legs, yes) and all I could bare myself to do was glare at him nonchalantly like our cats do ("because they're the most important thing in the universe").

Mind you me, this was the first time in years I'd had more than two drinks at a time (which is usually a lot and happens once in three months) and this evening reminded me of why.

//O.

SouthPaw
August 17th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Not really embarrassing, but kinda goofy... I like to watch the moon pretty regularly and get an energy kick from it. During the last cycle, I started timing its approach toward my living room window each night and figured it showing up around 4 am on the night it was full.

Unfortunately, I ended up passing out by accident that night. A bit later, I was startled awake by a howl that turned into a whimper, followed by another pathetic whimper. It took me a few seconds to realize that I made those noises. I started to get worried that I missed my chance to see the full moon again, but looked at the clock and was relieved to see it was 3:50 am.

I've been able to count on my biological clock many times in the past, but never expected my wolf to take advantage of it. I guess it likes the moon too.

Oblivian
August 17th, 2009, 05:57 PM
SouthPaw: That's.. really funny xD

Ice Blitz
August 17th, 2009, 07:25 PM
Ok so here's one, we were waiting for my friend to come out of the bathroom to finish a conversation that we'd been having and I was standing in the doorway of my dormroom just leaning against the open door. A breeze came in from the window and it felt good so we turned towards it. It was kinda weird because we got a smell of the door as we turned and without thinking I started chewing on it. I really really like the taste of wood and nobody was around (and its a dorm so random teethmarks on things are really that random). So we stood there, in the doorway, feeling the breeze...and gnawing on the door... I had forgotten why we were standing there and so it surprised me when a voice inback of us says, "What are you doing?" I half-turned and there was my friend, all done using the bathroom. There was a bit of silence and I was slightly confused so Kanii said, "Just being...bored." Our friend blinked a few times and then walked over and licked the door. She made a face and then walking away said, "I like my doors at home better."

Oh, my god. That's HILARIOUS. I do weird stuff like that all the time, but I've yet to have someone try it as well. I love her comment at the end.

I used to live in an area with lots of free roaming chickens and ducks. Of course, my dog and I would chase them. However the old people at the pond would bitch about me chasing the ducks, and this PETA lady would bitch for me chasing the chickens. But there were always plenty more people who would invite me over to chase chickens....

This was kinda embarrasing. I went to my grandparents farm, and it was kinda winter. Anyway this farm they lived on had like, a hundred or so acres. I dropped my stuff off and went out to run around in the front pasture. Well, I got all excited and wolfy and I started howling. I like, howled my head off.

Then later during dinner my grandfather was like "Were you outside?"

And I was like O.o "...yeah..? Were you?"

"Yup." Instant thought->OH SHIT!

I hope he didn't hear anything. >.<

Lycankid
August 25th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Lol this is good fun! Ok ok, It was when I was in High School, my friend and I are both therians, me wolf and him a dragon. We were messing around with each other, pretend fighting, and well I got a little too happy, I let out a howl, and all of my non-therian friends just gave me this look like, dude wtf? My face got so red, my dragon friend must have picked up on my embarrasment, lol he began to howl, to help me you know lol, they looked at us and we looked back, and we all started laughing lol!

Omega98
August 25th, 2009, 11:36 PM
I was really mad a few days ago and I felt myself start to m shift. Normally I have small m shifts. This was the biggest one I've ever had. So I told my Mom I was going outside to ride my bike around, which I normally do everyday. A half an hour later(and many near bike crashes) later I realize that ridig it off isn't really working. So I go over to my friend who knows Im a Therians house and being exhausted, plop down panting and snarling a bit on his house. He responds quite calmly and treats it normally and we spend the after noon watching Comedy Central and drinking soda while my m shift fades.

Leeds
August 25th, 2009, 11:41 PM
Not really all that embarrassing but I wanted to share.

Ive recently mastered making "howly" noises without opening my mouth. Really impressive ones too.

And I guess that would be embarrassing to admit in some situations.:D

SouthPaw
August 25th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Not really all that embarrassing but I wanted to share.

Ive recently mastered making "howly" noises without opening my mouth. Really impressive ones too.

And I guess that would be embarrassing to admit in some situations.:D

That's not embarrassing, that's great. You can cover up your shifts by blaming the person next to you. Only thing left is to learn how to throw your howls. :D

KallistoNire
August 26th, 2009, 07:05 AM
One that happened just last night; I was in bed with my mate, who is a really heavy sleeper. If I'm awake, I get bored just waiting for hm to wake up, so I started batting the corner of the duvet. Which turned into mouthing it, which turned into pinning it under my "paws" and chewing it, making little growly noises - only to see my mate, wide awake.
Mate; -.-
Kalli; O.O .....
Mate; *shakes his head slowly*
Kalli; *starts giggling*

Another, less embarrasing one was while filming the other night (with me in werewolf makeup YAY!) the lights went off, leaving us in total darkness, in a wood. I couldn't help howling - then my director howled back! There was a moment of silence, then we both started howling and barking. It was great!

Unconfirmed
August 26th, 2009, 09:02 AM
I have one. Embarassing enough.
I was at a concert. The band (Avenged Sevenfold btw) started playing my favorite song so, my friends and I listen. People are dancing too. Right in the middle of the song, I let out the loudest howl from the back. Now, there are no other therians in my circle of friends, so I bet asked ," dudewtf was that?" I was so embarrased I almost didn't hear him, but finally told him that it was cheering, and thank god he believed me. I try to control myself now,but it's hard.

Oblivian
August 26th, 2009, 03:24 PM
One that happened just last night; I was in bed with my mate, who is a really heavy sleeper. If I'm awake, I get bored just waiting for hm to wake up, so I started batting the corner of the duvet. Which turned into mouthing it, which turned into pinning it under my "paws" and chewing it, making little growly noises - only to see my mate, wide awake.
Mate; -.-
Kalli; O.O .....
Mate; *shakes his head slowly*
Kalli; *starts giggling*

Another, less embarrasing one was while filming the other night (with me in werewolf makeup YAY!) the lights went off, leaving us in total darkness, in a wood. I couldn't help howling - then my director howled back! There was a moment of silence, then we both started howling and barking. It was great!

CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE! Wow I recognise myself in that.. but with round objects.

Filming? And you seem to have an awesome director :D

KallistoNire
August 28th, 2009, 10:30 AM
CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTE! Wow I recognise myself in that.. but with round objects.

Filming? And you seem to have an awesome director :D

Yeah he's a total werewolf geek like me - plus he plays the lead werewolf in this film, so he's a good howler ^^

pyewacket
August 28th, 2009, 02:43 PM
Heheh, aww bless. These posts are adorable and so easy to relate to!

Agita
August 28th, 2009, 04:03 PM
Eh heh, some of you heard about this already but... I felt someone else's shift on a movie trip. That is, if it was one. I felt a paw, there, not a hand.

And I squealed like a beaten puppy in the middle of the cinema ^^;

Dragonslorefury
December 2nd, 2009, 05:43 AM
This hasn't been posted on in a while but I thought "Keep it all on one topic" sooo....
-Resurrect!-
Yesterday I was in my lecture concerning the American reappropriation of the Native American culture. We were alking about totems and dance costumes and different states of mind, all through art of course (as I'm an Art History student).

All of a sudden I just felt myself about to go into an intense and (for the first time in a long time) involuntary M-shift into a coyote mind-set. Of course I was in a lecture so all I could do was just keep on trying to focus on listing and writing out notes (which was getting harder than it souns XP) while trying not to yelp, yowl or in generally just act like my mind wanted to act.

Even worst; just as I was doing all this the lecturer called a break! So I was left in the class room talking to my friend, now going through a heavy phantom shift as well, trying to talk and act normally. I'm pretty sure I went into fast-paced/nervous-sounding speaking and scratched my head (phantom ear) way more than I should of.

>_<

I also text my partner a message saying "Oh damn, I'm shifting in class" XD
You can only laugh I suppose.

Agita
December 3rd, 2009, 03:35 AM
On the bus... this guy... Ugh, he bumped me, it was crowded on there and I couldn't get off the damn bus. Again I lt out a sound not unlike someone beating a puppy with a stick.

At school, this girl started scratching that spot behind my head. I flopped onto the nearest person, hind leg whirring, the I fell off of their shoulder and downn the stairs O.O

Dragonslorefury
December 3rd, 2009, 06:32 AM
Poor Agita -hugles and pats on head-

SongBreeze
December 3rd, 2009, 09:28 AM
I was at my friends last night and my friend started scratching me behind the ear and I ended up flopped on the floor with my leg twitching. Thankfully he purrs when you do the same thing to him so it wasn't really embarressing but it was the first time he had seen me in that state.

Kaye Sweetbriar
December 3rd, 2009, 02:43 PM
My most embarrassing shift story...well, after I got my wisdom teeth out, I had an (possible?) M-shift in which I was confused, disoriented and whining, similar to a dog. I couldn't talk (cotton shoved into my mouth) and then as my boyfriend stopped the car at a red light, I escaped and wandered down a hill and into a parking lot.

This happened before, when I was a child and got my adenoids out. Apparently, anesthesia does weird things to me and I become an escape artist. When I woke up after my surgery as a child, I tried to bolt out of the hospital bed, apparently, IV, needles, tubes and all. They had to shove me back onto the bed. Scared the hell out of my mother. :D

pyewacket
December 3rd, 2009, 03:13 PM
Here's something... yesterday I was sitting on the bus during a mild phantom shift. Somebody sat on my tail. :rolleyes: I was not pleased.

grey wolf
December 3rd, 2009, 05:10 PM
[quote=en_causa_sui;33497]However I actually tried one once because my dog loved them so much...yeah, last time I'll ever do that. Beef smell does NOT equal beef taste.[quote=en_causa_sui;33497]

lmao i was at my cousins house and i tried to eat one of hem once and it tasted terrible!....as for rabbit treats(i have 3 rabbits), they were these berry yogart drop ones and i had 4 of them and they were amazing! But then my friend walked in the room and stared at me okwardly. :/

Vikaryous
December 3rd, 2009, 07:10 PM
I actually have an interesting one now...kinda. I don't have mental shifts, but this qualifies as weird. It's long though...

So, yesterday, I'm heading to the university center (like a giant commons/administrative building) when my suitemate texts me to meet him there. I find him in a deep conversation with two students from the Christian group here, the Campus Crusaders. He is a hardcore atheist...needless to say, the two students were unprepared, and my suitemate is ripping into them. I'm feeling slightly wolfy since I just came from my daily walk in the woods, and religious conversations make me uncomfortable anyway, so I deal with the pleasantries and just sit back and watch. After awhile, a guy walks by, hears our conversation, and asks if he can join in. We're all ok with it, so we let him. After he sits down he reveals he's Wiccan. The interesting conversation just got WAY more interesting. The whole time he was there, if he wasn't talking, the Wiccan just STARED at me. Like I was some side-show freak or something. Anyway, the two evangelicals give up and we all go our separate ways.

Today, while I was sitting in the cafeteria, again feeling wolfy, this guy plops down next to me and announces calmly "You have a wolf totem."

My immediate response is panic. He wasn't right, but he wasn't far off the mark, and it scared me a little. I've been outed once and I'd rather not be again...but, he didn't seem like he was anything more than curious, so I went out on a limb, said "Not exactly..." and explained therianthropy to him, which to my relief he had heard of before and found more fascinating than anything else. I never asked him how he knew, I kinda wish I had. We talked for about an hour and then I left for class. It was strange, and somewhat exciting. Anyway, that's my weird sorta-shifting story ^.^

BlackWolf
December 4th, 2009, 06:35 AM
Vikaryous: Wow, that's really fascinating! Haha I'd be freaked out and impressed at the same time haha.

Agita
December 4th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Looks like you found 'one of those people', like I did with Isabella (who I've droned on about in many threads: How do therians tell if someone else is a therian? etc.). I didn't ask to meet her and she saw right into me- in fact she correctly described what my wolf self looked like! o.O;

GreyWolf
December 5th, 2009, 12:21 AM
I got one for ya! Last weekend, I went the the park. I go there every so often because there's a lot of woods and I sometimes M-shift while I'm there. I also love to take pictures. So I'm driving there, and I can feel my "wolfish" side pratically bouncing inside of me "PARK!!! PARK! TREES! SQUIRELLS!" I snap out of it to realize that I had almost missed my turn, and had to dive in practically cutting someone off. I waved and yelled THANK YOU! at him and he just kinda looked at me all bemused. I get to the park and park the car and the guy whom I had cut off was going there too! But he didn't say anything, and let me slink away with my tail between my legs.

So lesson here boys and girls. Don't M-shift while driving.

Oblivian
December 9th, 2009, 06:50 AM
I got one for ya! Last weekend, I went the the park. I go there every so often because there's a lot of woods and I sometimes M-shift while I'm there. I also love to take pictures. So I'm driving there, and I can feel my "wolfish" side pratically bouncing inside of me "PARK!!! PARK! TREES! SQUIRELLS!" I snap out of it to realize that I had almost missed my turn, and had to dive in practically cutting someone off. I waved and yelled THANK YOU! at him and he just kinda looked at me all bemused. I get to the park and park the car and the guy whom I had cut off was going there too! But he didn't say anything, and let me slink away with my tail between my legs.

So lesson here boys and girls. Don't M-shift while driving.

Not that I shift at all, but the same lesson goes for contherians - don't drive whenever your too hungry or tired to keep your instincts at bay. I am the slave of my stomach and well aware xD

Embericana
December 9th, 2009, 02:50 PM
hmm, I don't think mine are half as interesting or briliant as some of the above, but the only two I recall are as follows:
ok, so this LA (local athority) ofisors like to montitor some home educated kids like me by visiting once a year, they persive most things as strange anyway but while she was there asking me questions one time i felt the begining of a mental shift, and my cat wouldnt stop jumping on my lap X(... so after about the third time i bark at the cat, then try to tell her i had a soar throat, i think she would have believed me if i hadnt growled and picked the cat up by the scruff a few minutes later to carry it out of the room... XD (not cruil btw, my cat always purrs when you hold its neck scruff)
the second one was with one of my best friends, he is a bit vampiric so understands... wierdness, but didnt know i was a therian till after this insident.
me and him were playing chess (lame i know XD) and he started tapping the matress abstant mindedly, i went all wolfish and did the whole 'play play!!' pounce thing, then shortly after tackled him off said be nipping XD
needless to say he soon discovered the wolf side of me, and is surprisingly calm about it, just calls me wolfy now. :D

Embericana
December 9th, 2009, 02:51 PM
sorry for terible spelling. I'm typing one handed and wraping presents :S

grey wolf
December 9th, 2009, 07:09 PM
Well this isn't as embarrassing as all your stories but a few weeks ago me and my friend went to see Michael Jacksons:This Is It. During a part of thriller when the wolf howled I started to howl without realizing, at first I was embarrassed, but then my friend joined in with me and we were fooling around howling and jumping over seats and having great fun! We hid under the seats and waited for everyone to leave before us so we wouldn't get embarrassed. My friend doesn't know that I'm a therian but I'm glad he helped me not making me get embarrassed. Though I'm happy now because we play around and howl, which makes me not as afraid if i accidentaly shift around him.

Tiger
December 10th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I usually don't dare express my inner self except through the martial arts, (Another story, another time.) but there are just some times when enough is enough.

I work specific aspects of retail, and have to deal with people. Most of the time, they're friendly enough, particularly when your greatest weapon is a smile to end all smiles. :D But then, there are those people who just aren't satisfied with even perfection itself. For those times, I get growly.

It was absolutely messed up. The hardware girl that I work with has life a bit kind of hard. She tries and she tries, and critically succeeds through her own hard work, but then life shoots her in the ankle and she falls down a few pegs, and begins the agonizing climb back up again. I salute her for it, but there are a few things that we just can't tackle alone.

There was this one customer who was not satisfied with his keys we had made him. We collaborate on the keys, since there are so many blanks to choose from. (Ever gone to get your keys copied and seen the myriad variations of blanks there are to pick from? Yeah.) We make his keys perfectly, but he insists that they've been made wrong. This is before he even has a chance to test them out. He wants us to remake them and he keeps the old copies for himself. This is obvious a no-no. The arguing persists. Many eyes roll at him and many tongues lash at us. The only thing that got him away from the desk, shockingly enough, was when both of us turned to him and growled at him when he let slip one too many expletives at our key making skills. Not us. No. Not the keymakers the locksmith across the street sends people to when they can't make the keys.

Growling. <3

Prowl
December 13th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Recently, I was asked to dinner, at the home of my best friend and his wife. My parents were there too. NONE of them know that I'm a therian.

I am quite well adjusted with what I am, and it's very rare that I would act in some manner inconsistent with a 'normal' human being. I do 'shift' (mentally, and phantom limbs) but generally speaking, it's controllable for me; I don't do so unless circumstances would dictate that it makes sense. I'm not sure what the term for this would be, as I'm not a contherian; I do shift, yet I'm completely integrated. EXCEPT during New Moons -

When the moon is new, it requires all my will to remain human, and oftentimes at least mentally, I am far from that, even when I do my best.

You guessed it - the night of this dinner party was during a new moon.

I'm sitting there at the table, trying to ask myself if I am being wierd, concentrating with all my might, trying to seem ordinary. I didn't stick my face in my food or lick things. I thought I was doing great! - except that everyone was worried about me; I was being too quiet. So the conversation turns to "Are you all right?" "Yes, I'm fine" ... I growled. (when I am that 'shifty' it's near impossible for me to talk; my throat closes up and ... well.)

So they thought I was sick; that I had a cold or something, I guess. Awkward to say the least. Thankfully I managed to go through the rest of the evening without doing anything too terribly strange.

Guardian Talon
December 14th, 2009, 03:49 AM
i admit it's been awhile since i looked at all the terms but it sounds like suntherian maybe. you can go from 1 extreme to the other but are usually somewhere in the middle?

can't remember any stories to tell at the moment. I'm a contherian so i don't have to worry about shifts, the people who know me know I'm odd and are used to it.

reading these, sounds like it would be fun, and interesting, to be around other therians IRL

IssoireLynx
December 14th, 2009, 09:03 PM
I had an extremely painful shift in office by winter 2006. I had to close the door and fell under the table for a several minutes. By the time there was no other people there, although i scared somebody could come in. Now it have seen very funny for me.

GestaltZe
December 15th, 2009, 12:35 PM
... i think she would have believed me if i hadnt growled and picked the cat up by the scruff a few minutes later to carry it out of the room... XD (not cruil btw, my cat always purrs when you hold its neck scruff)

This is unrelated to the topic, but only kittens are meant to be picked up by the scruff. It is possible to strangle a full-grown cat (because her weight is no longer meant to be supported that way) by picking her up by the scruff.
If you do need/want to pick up your cat by the scruff of the neck, I recommend supporting her bottom at the same time, just for safety's sake.

cheetah
December 15th, 2009, 06:29 PM
my cat always purrs when you hold its neck scruff

Considering that there is reason to believe that cats purr as a signal of friendship, and do so both when relaxed and to avoid being hurt. Cats have been known to purr when injured or dying.

Amaryllis
January 10th, 2010, 04:43 AM
I had a very interesting shifting experience. It was actully rather funny. I was at a park sitting by a lake with a theiran friend of mine when we saw some ducks out on the water. I was able to hear them so clearly too, which is odd because i'm partially deaf so usually would not hear them well. I started tracking them as i usually do, being a dog and all, and after a while i realized that both of us had completely lost track of our conversation because i was too busy watching the ducks and he was too busy trying not to laugh at me. The really funny part is that when we went to get lunch right after that i could not decide what to eat because nothing sounded good. All i wanted was duck. The sad part is i don't think i actully would have eaten duck even if we had been able to find some because i had a traumatizing experience with it in a Chinese restaurant as a child.

The amazing thing is that i stayed shifted most of the rest of the day.

Later in the day we were driving along and i saw a squirrel on a fence so, being a puppy and all, i naturally shouted "squirrel!!!!!" My friend was so shocked he almost drove off the road and into the fence the squirrel was sitting on.

I'm laughing now just remembering how silly it all was.

Hermit
January 28th, 2010, 05:48 PM
I am unsure if this is embarrassing, but it felt kinda weird at the time.

So, me and my parents were in Scotland, and going on a ghost tour of this one part of town. Well, we went under the street into these catacombs, and everything was fine and dandy...Until the tour guide started talking about Mr. Boots, who is a malevolent ghost. Well, if I remember correctly, I either tried to hide behind or leaned against my mom, and started to whimper in absolute terror. I didn't even know I was doing it until after I stopped, when my mom told me I had been whimpering. This was a couple years ago. But, I still remember the whimpering.
Plus, when I am annoyed at someone, I growl, mostly under my breath, but I can not help the urge to growl at those who annoy me.

whatupdogg
January 28th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Your at Pet Co playing with all the squeaker dog toys, frisbees etc. I caught a frisbee with my teeth at the store. Of course people gave me dirty looks, but it was funny.

Oblivian
February 2nd, 2010, 02:18 PM
Not shifty, but sort of goofy/funny anyways.

Background info you need: When I'm hungry enough/tired enough, I get extreme troubles containing my instincts, and the control I usually have over myself takes so much out of me to sustain that I usually go "screw this" and stop trying (which is of course another instinct, to not have control - just "be"). And I'm a contherianthrope. I don't need to shift xD

Yesterday when I was walking home after the monday-meeting with the university newspaper (which took until 5 PM!) I was so hungry I was looking at the snow around me wondering how much I could gulp down without risk of getting to any germs (it had been snowing kind of heavily and still was so there was a lot of fresh, risk-free snow) just to fill my stomach a bit.
I somehow soothed the urge by promising it food at the ready when I got home, even though home was 30 minutes away.
So I feel the sleepyness spreading, because I'm freezing, hungry and not nearly close enough to home. I feel the urge to bury myself and take a nap. I decide that I need to counter this somehow..
.. and there's no better way to keep your mind off your stomach than to chase snowflakes.. right?

Thought and done. I was snapping at snowflakes, diving after snowflakes, growling at snowflakes, snarling at kamikaze-snowflakes landing in my eyes, and completely forgetting about the world around me. Around 5 PM there aren't a lot of people out on that road, but there are still a few (I'm sure I looked funny).
While chasing snowflakes I almost: fell into three piles of snow, almost stepped on one dog, almost mowed down four people on bikes and almost walked into eight streetlights.

It's amazing that I was still moving forward, right?

Just a 100 meters away from home, if even that, there was this woman walking her golden retriever (I remember because I wanted to say hello to it.. properly <.<) who must have seen me chasing snowflakes because she looked at me like I was weird xD

jaggirl92
February 9th, 2010, 09:37 PM
i was at lunch yesterday, and i was going to sneak up on my friend zack. Turned out to be another kid that i tackled,and he turned around and * for lack of a better word* was extreamly freaked out!! i wanted to die!!!! This kid looked, and dressed exactly like my friend, so it was very hard to tell :C

jaggirl92
February 9th, 2010, 09:41 PM
i was at lunch yesterday, and i was going to sneak up on my friend zack. Turned out to be another kid that i tackled,and he turned around and * for lack of a better word* was extreamly freaked out!! i wanted to die!!!! This kid looked, and dressed exactly like my friend, so it was very hard to tell :C

when one of my friends has their back turned, i just revert to my cat side. It's automatic and i rarely think before i do it. Probally why this happend to me LOL

Leeds
February 9th, 2010, 11:35 PM
Socks + slippery tiled floor + "four legged running" =not a good idea.

I totally slipped, landed on my bum and sitting was horrible for two weeks. And I couldn't even share the ridiculousness of the situation with anyone!:D

Spiritfox Autumnsong
February 10th, 2010, 02:22 AM

even though I'm a fox the same thing happens to me and I hate it when I get the wrong person! You have my sympathies.

Oblivian
February 15th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Sitting in the library when something doesn't work, growling (or even snarling) out loud at firefox/Internet Explorer because either one doesn't do what it's supposed to <.<.. or revealing somewhat animalistic "sides" and instinct-related views/opinions because I'm so used to only talking with people who have the same 'thing'.. xD..
.. and then there's this really fuzzy and cute hammerhead shark plushie which I thought I could get and, for some reason, got into this PUPPY-HAPPY(!) mood and almost started whining when the coupon had expired.

pyewacket
February 15th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Shifting on the bus.... Why why whyyyy? Public transport is hideous enough, I don't need a full on sensory shift to appreciate those awful smells, thanks!

Freedom of the soul
February 15th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Just happened like a few minutes ago. Ace(my cat) and I were staring at the snow. Then he yowled at me. I yowled back. He arched his back. I growled. He got into the fight position. I just placed my mouth aroud the scruff of his neck and picked him up. Mom walked in and was like "what are you doing?" I opened my mouth and dropped Ace.(He had only been like an inch or two of the ground.) I was like "Um...." and She just walked back into her bedroom and Ace and I went back to watching the snowflakes.

Raqui
February 15th, 2010, 02:43 PM
Started growling while arm-wrestling a firend. Didn't notice I was doing it until he growled back XD

Cervidae
February 22nd, 2010, 07:09 PM
Noises seem to be our biggest give away.
Once, I was running track, and just before it curved, I had a phantom limb shift, I could feet impacts on my shoulders like I was running on four legs, I jumped a hurdle, I landed on my hands and feet and ran like that for a few seconds before I realized what happened, every one was watching me! I am a deer, which is why I often get phantom limbs while running.

IssoireLynx
February 24th, 2010, 08:32 PM
I had a shift in a bus somewhere between the cities. I asked driver to stop the bus and simply ran out into deep forest. I was scared.
I lay down at the glade and several minutes later I felt myself free. I think I was sleeping.

When I got up day started to fade, I walked to the highway and catched another bus.

Agita
February 25th, 2010, 06:09 AM
I got introduced to a new person at school by a friend. Without thinking I tackled him to the ground and started sniffing/licking his face. The funny thing is, I didn't come out of it even after my friend asked me what the hell I did it for. I just sat there wagging my tail like an idiot XD

Farfetnoogen
March 26th, 2010, 08:22 PM
I had a really quick (like, split second) m-shift today at dinner. (sorry this isn't a funny story, unless you have a mischievous/down-right-rude sense of humor like mine.)
I was listening to my iPod loudly enough to not hear anyone at the table (horribly rude, I know) and my dad was taking everyone's plates to the sink. He bumped/hip-checked me in the shoulder trying to be funny, but I was completely oblivious to everything except my music and the veggies left on my plate. I flinched away and growled (loudly) when he bumped into me. Everyone just stopped what they were doing and looked at me (yeah, you know that look) and then he yelled at me for being rude.... His exact words were, "Hey! That was rude! :mad:"

Alright, maybe it's kinda funny because even though no one in my family knows about therianthropy, growling just kinda happens at my house.
So I get yelled at for being rude rather than for being weird and growling. XD

Dreama
March 26th, 2010, 08:33 PM
Just now:
The movie "How to train your dragon" put me into a shift--all those flying scenes.
My dad asked me, when I got home from my uncharacteristic run, if I (a) had a panic attack (breaking heavy, not wanting to be indoors, unable to really talk) or if I was (b) on drugs.
What.

Newborn_Wolf
March 27th, 2010, 03:23 AM
My affinity for bird catching still presides even today;

You know, this make me wonder if my brother is therian. We used to have chickens on our farm back in VA when I was little, and when they got loose, my brother was the only one who could catch them. It was only him. Maybe he was syncing into some primal instinct?

Anyways, embaressing shift experiences... well, I dunno about embaressing, but it certainly was funny.

At school, we had to play soccer for our Games class, and I'm best at playing goalie, because I never let the ball in, and people have to be really clever or know how to kick the ball so that it flies by really fast- like a bullet.
But really, I was just tracking the ball almost obsessively, and the closer the ball got to me, the more 'feral' I felt, and once I actually felt phantom fangs in my mouth. I'm not too sure what that was, an m-shift or something- but I was getting super territorial, and was going into a crouch and all that, and I probably would've gone further except for one very human thought:

"Don't puncture the ball. You're going to have to pay for that and you're broke." I think the wolfish half of me was disappointed, but relented, relaxing enough just to kick it. I just warned myself not to use my teeth.

Oh.

Not to mention that one time in middle school when I was really pissed off, and had to sit out of gym, but whenever anyone came too close, I'd just bare my teeth at them and glare, growling under my breath. I think I got labeled as a freak after that.

----------------
EDIT:

Once, I caught the squirrel. I was chasing it, and it dashed up a tree just before I got to it (as they usually did.) But it was early Spring and there was a nest of songbirds with new babies. The male picked up the squirrel by its tail and dumped it unceremoniously out of the tree. I scooped it up with my sweatshirt, and had this extremely canine moment of, "I caught it!! I caught the SQUIRREL!!" ...Then I came to my senses and let it go.

:D

Heehee. That sounds fun.

I may be a wolf, but I'm a flighty wolf, and there are some big-ass squirrels around where I live, and I saw one right up close today, right at my face height on a tree stump, and it was looking RIGHT AT ME, and my thought process was: 'Squirrel. Big. Rabid. Scary. SQUIRREL!' -and I yelp and jump away, and my dog looks at me like a mixture of: 'You're yelping because of a SQUIRREL?' and: 'You ok, crazy woman?'
Hmpf. I've actually started to understand the dog that annoys the hell outta me.

Newborn_Wolf
March 27th, 2010, 03:37 AM
DELETE PLEASE. Totally forgot about the double-posting rule for a mo there. Sorry.

cheetah
March 27th, 2010, 12:54 PM
You can delete using the edit button. It's gray on white, so hard to see, but you can do it.

Oblivian
March 27th, 2010, 05:40 PM
I find soft things, I find round things and I find round soft things.. everywhere. Once there was this REALLY soft (like bunny-soft) vest at a charity shop and the wolf in me screamed "I want this soft thing to lay on and rub on and love when I feel sad" and I was almost completely unable to leave it behind.
Me: "I love this, it's soft and it suits me."
Mom: "It suits you" then she discovered that the zipper was breaking "but the zipper is crappy. You can't have it."
Me: Snuggles the best one last time before leaving it and feeling very sad and broken.

Maybe it's rather "silly" than "funny" xD

Leeds
March 27th, 2010, 08:26 PM
I was chasing the geese at the park the other day until I realized that I was a twenty one year old girl and people were watching me. :D

Chasing geese is great. They walk swiftly away with wide eyes glued on you.

Does anyone else just want to walk around with a dead geese hanging limply in your mouth? (by the long luxurious neck of course!)?

Man, that last statement is only acceptable on here. No wonder people think Im strange.

Hussar
March 28th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Heck yes! No geese where I live though :(

I did chase a hare in the parking lot once though, until I realized that a) I'm not going anywhere with black ice all over the place b) I'm in an army base, at lunch time, with people watching.

Nijijing
March 28th, 2010, 03:31 PM
I posted mine in another thread a bit ago, but it's pretty bad so I'll paste it onto here.

I just remembered a somewhat funny and totally embarrassing thing that happened to me last summer. I suppose it would be appropriate in this thread. I'm probably gonna regret sharing this because it's just SO STUPID.

But anyway, I went on a road trip with a good guy friend of mine who I sorta had a big crush on (but, eh, he's like my brother too, you know?) Well, we stopped at a hotel with a pool and of course I HAD to go swimming.

I was kind of swimming around and having a blast in my own world, then I saw the edge of the pool and thought about how captive orcas always hop out of the pool and slide onto the stage on their tummy. You know what I'm talking about? If not, http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1137/...9292c667c0.jpg (http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1137/830266569_9292c667c0.jpg)

I used to do that as a kid, pretending I was an orca when I was in the pool all the time. I suddenly felt the irresistable urge to do it again. Probably some sort of mental shift, I don't know, but I STILL KNEW BETTER not to do this in public, but I did it anyway in front of the guy. I was so excited.

Well, my bottom piece of my swimsuit totally fell down because I had pushed myself out of the water so fast and over the edge of the pool. Yep... You know what that means he saw.

And yes, HE SAW. He was like "uh, are you okay?"
I almost died... Maybe I did. I hope I did. AGGGHHHHHH...

Clawz
March 28th, 2010, 10:30 PM
Hmm. Well the other day when my boyfriend and I were eating pizza, my grandpa's dog came over and got too close to it so I snapped at him and made a barky noise. So Sonny(the dog) ran away. My boyfriend told me good job -_-

Clawz
March 28th, 2010, 10:32 PM
I was chasing the geese at the park the other day until I realized that I was a twenty one year old girl and people were watching me. :D

Chasing geese is great. They walk swiftly away with wide eyes glued on you.

Does anyone else just want to walk around with a dead geese hanging limply in your mouth? (by the long luxurious neck of course!)?

Man, that last statement is only acceptable on here. No wonder people think Im strange.

I growl at geese. They are basterd creatures =I . They poop everywhere and they think they can get away with hissing at me. *shakes fist*

VioletSkies
March 29th, 2010, 03:32 AM
I have two embarrassing stories lol... okay... The first is from a little while back and the second is from today.

Okay, so, one night I was out for a walk with a friend of mine (Alisha) and somewhere along the beginning I must have m-shifted because through most of the walk I couldn't stop sniffing the air. For the first block all I could smell was strawberry pie and then dog, pine trees, freshly growing grass, it was driving me wild. N as we were walking by this one house I hear this clicking sound, like rodents make when they eat, and I just stopped mid-stride and stood in front of this lawn, bracing myself to pounce if i saw anything move and Alisha just looks at me and says 'What are you doing'.
Well, I was way too hyper now to think rationally at this point so I took a light step onto this lawn and craned my neck, trying to find out where exactly the sound was coming from and say to her 'Hear that crunchy sound. I need to find it.' She looked at me like I was losing it and said 'I don't hear anything', grabbed my wrist and started hauling me away telling me to 'stop messing around'.
Well, I was loaded with energy still and we ended up walking by a park and I just couldn't resist the grass, it smelled SO amazing. So i told her I wanted to go into the park so we sat down on the grass and she starts rambling off a problem to me and all I can do is roll around on the grass. I didn't hear a word she said, and ended up kneading the grass purring by the time she finished her story. Then I spent a bunch of time leaping into the small clusters of young pine trees and telling her how soft they were and how great they smelled and such. It wouldn't have been so bad if she had been the only one to know about it, but the next day she rambled about my insane behavior to some more friends of mine... I could have died of embarrassment.

This one is short, promise. I was shopping with my parents and cousin today and I was in the easter candy section and I'm eyeing up these Lindt bunnies when this completely rude guy came pushing right passed me. Like literally pushed me out of the way instead of saying 'excuse me'. Well my reaction was to scrunch up my face and hiss, while taking a swipe at him.
He kind of flinched away and the whole ordeal ended with my mom, and another lady who was in the same aisle, looking at me as if I had lost my mind. I didn't see Mr. Rude again though.

Sorry this was so long. :s

Newborn_Wolf
March 29th, 2010, 04:13 AM

No worries.:) It's not long at all hun.

VioletSkies
March 29th, 2010, 04:42 AM
I have two embarrassing stories lol... okay... The first is from a little while back and the second is from today.

Okay, so, one night I was out for a walk with a friend of mine (Alisha) and somewhere along the beginning I must have m-shifted because through most of the walk I couldn't stop sniffing the air. For the first block all I could smell was strawberry pie and then dog, pine trees, freshly growing grass, it was driving me wild. N as we were walking by this one house I hear this clicking sound, like rodents make when they eat, and I just stopped mid-stride and stood in front of this lawn, bracing myself to pounce if i saw anything move and Alisha just looks at me and says 'What are you doing'.
Well, I was way too hyper now to think rationally at this point so I took a light step onto this lawn and craned my neck, trying to find out where exactly the sound was coming from and say to her 'Hear that crunchy sound. I need to find it.' She looked at me like I was losing it and said 'I don't hear anything', grabbed my wrist and started hauling me away telling me to 'stop messing around'.
Well, I was loaded with energy still and we ended up walking by a park and I just couldn't resist the grass, it smelled SO amazing. So i told her I wanted to go into the park so we sat down on the grass and she starts rambling off a problem to me and all I can do is roll around on the grass. I didn't hear a word she said, and ended up kneading the grass purring by the time she finished her story. Then I spent a bunch of time leaping into the small clusters of young pine trees and telling her how soft they were and how great they smelled and such. It wouldn't have been so bad if she had been the only one to know about it, but the next day she rambled about my insane behavior to some more friends of mine... I could have died of embarrassment.

This one is short, promise. I was shopping with my parents and cousin today and I was in the easter candy section and I'm eyeing up these Lindt bunnies when this completely rude guy came pushing right passed me. Like literally pushed me out of the way instead of saying 'excuse me'. Well my reaction was to scrunch up my face and hiss, while taking a swipe at him.
He kind of flinched away and the whole ordeal ended with my mom, and another lady who was in the same aisle, looking at me as if I had lost my mind. I didn't see Mr. Rude again though.

VioletSkies
March 29th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Awe, thanks Newborn_Wolf :p
I somehow posted it twice.... hmmm oops lol

Oblivian
March 30th, 2010, 08:36 AM
I can't read those, the chunk of bold text hurts my head Q.Q

Guardian Talon
April 1st, 2010, 01:48 AM
i remember a funny story about chasing stuff from many years ago (we have it on video is the only reason i remember) not sure how old i was, but anyway.
we were at the campground we went to every summer, walking along and saw a rabbit about 30 feet away. after watching it eat for a little bit my dad says "go get it" and i took off with all the gusto my little stick frame could muster. the rabbit already watching us only had to make 1 hop to disappear into some evergreens. i got most of the way to where it was and turned around "where'd it go?"

ShadowItami
April 1st, 2010, 08:25 PM
I think the only embarrassing thing/s that have happened to me, is that I yelp really loud when being rough housed by my brother or father. Such as them coming after me after I had made a smart remark to them etc :P

Oblivian
April 2nd, 2010, 02:14 PM
I think the only embarrassing thing/s that have happened to me, is that I yelp really loud when being rough housed by my brother or father. Such as them coming after me after I had made a smart remark to them etc :P

That reminds me of when I did martial arts. People thought I came with fun sound effects xD

Agita
April 2nd, 2010, 03:12 PM
A friend prodded me right where my phantom muzzle should be and I let out a high pitched yelp of indignation. Their dog has started barking in alarm every time I've let out a noise like that since... not surprising as he seems to think I'm his mate or something. Probably a bark indicating whatever 'danger' was presented by the muzzle-poking fiend...

Oblivian
August 3rd, 2010, 04:36 AM
Sunday, me and a friend (who's also a wolf therian) got kind of obsessed with figuring out what a strange smelling bath sponge smelled like. We ended up passing it between us and sniffing very intently until both realized that we were pretty much "passing the bong" and ended up writhing in laughter.. while still passing it between us and wondering why we recognised the smell.

Amaryllis
August 3rd, 2010, 02:20 PM
I was hanging out with two friends the other night (one of which is a woman i very much like) and the male in the group said something i didn't like so i growled a little. Next thing i know their both laughing and i'm barking at them. All night they were making fun of my for barking, which only resulted in more barking. At one point i smacked the guy with a pillow because he wouldn't stop laughing at me and it started a hour long pillow fight throughout which i was barking, growling, and snarling the entire time. It was all i could do to keep from pounching on someone and biting them. I think i nipped at teh guy a few times though. Point beign now the man (my roommate) and a woman i would really love to be close to think i'm crazy.

House of Chimeras
August 4th, 2010, 11:17 AM
The other day I was at work doing my usual routine when I had a shark lateral line phantom/sense shift (or at least that is the best was for me to describe it). A line of feeling going from the side of my head, down the back of my neck, across the back of my shoulders, down the side of my back, and down the side of my leg on each side of me. My whole perception of feeling and movement went crazy. Subtle movement like people walking close by or even the feeling of the air coming out of the air conditioner vents just buffed me like nothing. My perception of movement and space was just in overdrive. It was like that for several hours.

KallistoNire
August 9th, 2010, 06:38 AM
Kallisto is back, with another embarassing shift story.

I went down to York on Thursday to meet a friend of mine. I'm quite short, and he's huuuuge, so he was mocking me by messing up my hair. Which turned into scratching the top of my head. I LOVE being scratched/petting on my head, so I kinda spaced out, like this XD

I felt a bit silly because he knows nothing about my therianthropy, in the end I had to tell him to stop, otherwise I think I would have totally shifted and flopped on him, which would have given him the wrong impression...

Amaryllis
August 9th, 2010, 03:01 PM
I have people scratching my head all the time Kallisto. It is usally people who know about me but they have this bad habit of doing it in public places without realizing it. So here we are sitting on a park bench, my friend scratching my head, and some nice old couple walk by and gives us the oddest look. My husband also tends to do it in front of his friends without realizing that it's not normal.

Agita
August 9th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Same here (thread derailing ^^;;;) I do have friends who use the ear scratch as a way of distracting me. And yeah, sometimes I will just trail off in mid sentence and just kind of flop there, or the hind leg will get going. Embarrassing. Letting my head drop into a female friend's lap at a bus stop in front of people such as the old folks you mentioned. Oh, the inappropriate moments... But the odd thing is some friends find it just as therapeutic to scratch me (which can also be in public, awkward times/places), like they'd stroke a dog. In tense moments, half the reason I'm petted is to make me feel better, and half of it is to occupy or comfort themselves.

Amaryllis
August 10th, 2010, 12:20 AM
I would not say the thread is derailing. We are talking about embarrassing/funny/weird things that we have in common. We even mentioned several times this had happened to us. I would say it was perfectly on topic.

Now for something completely different but still very much on topic...

I went hiking with a roommate today. It was the first time he and i had ever been on a hike together before. He setting a rather fast pace and i was doing my best to keep up but halfway up the mountain i found myself panting. Luckally i was in front of him so he couldn't see that my tongue was half hanging out, but i know he had to have heard me. I tried hard to control my mind and regain the control that my human side usually has but it was a complete lost cause. When we finally got up to the top of the mountain he was talking about something or other and i'm sure it was important to him but i couldn't fir the life of me pay attention. My eyes kept searching the underbrush for movement. The smell of oak and sage overwhelmed me and i couldn't help but notice the dear tracks just a few feet from where we were standing. Part of me wanted to run off following it's track but then my human mind is interjecting the logical fact that it had been gone since dawn and there was very little hope in me tracking down that dear any time before dinner. It was wonderful! And at the same time so very terrible because i had no idea what he had been saying.

Facetious Fox
August 10th, 2010, 01:10 AM
There was this one time in english class back in the seventh grade. I was going through a public speaking unit when abruptly I had a strong mental shift because my english teacher (who, for the record is not like any english teacher you will meet, she doesn't even like reading!) pulled out a piece of jerky. By the time I realized I was drooling slightly and had lost the power to articulate the entire class had nearly gone to stitches. You may never tell your parents what you did at school on any given day, but that day I made a point of avoiding the matter entirely.

pyewacket
August 18th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Here's another one from me... more nose hitting I'm afraid. This time I whacked my phantom head parts (I'd like to call it a muzzle but it doesn't feel like a solid shape, it's just a.... mass) off my steering wheel when I got in my car.

Spiritfox Autumnsong
August 19th, 2010, 01:51 AM
Here's a little tip. Remember your tail when you close the car door. OUCH!!! I can't begin to tell you how uncomfortable it is to go wherever you're headed with you tail slammed in the door. Since I don't have a license yet and my mom seems to more or less disapprove of my therianthropy, I can't open the door again to get my tail out if it or shell start suspecting somethings up and label me even more weird. It takes every ounce of strength I have to not whimper or even pass out while on that ride of he'll.

Agita
August 19th, 2010, 03:01 AM
That's probably why Akai sounded so horrified when I suggested slamming your tail in the door to get rid of it XD. My mother is giving me lessons and I also haven't got a licence yet. She like to film my lessons to record my progress... and it is very hard to suppress every yip and whine because the SUV is intimidating me!

Spiritfox Autumnsong
August 19th, 2010, 10:45 AM
That's probably why Akai sounded so horrified when I suggested slamming your tail in the door to get rid of it XD. My mother is giving me lessons and I also haven't got a licence yet. She like to film my lessons to record my progress... and it is very hard to suppress every yip and whine because the SUV is intimidating me!

That's the whole reason I haven't really tried to get my license yet. There's something about being in control if about two tons of steel and flammable liquids that intimidates me.

Hussar
August 19th, 2010, 10:19 PM
That's the whole reason I haven't really tried to get my license yet. There's something about being in control if about two tons of steel and flammable liquids that intimidates me.

Or being surrounded by overconfident people who are in control of two tons of steel and flammable liquids

Amaryllis
August 27th, 2010, 09:49 PM
You know i had the same problem. I didn't get my drivers license until i was 19 and even then it took me quite a few tries to pass the tests because i wasn't confident. It took about three years for me to finally gain my confidence.

RagdollTherian
August 27th, 2010, 10:22 PM
That's interesting that this was brought up. ^^ My therianthropy is actually part of the reason I don't plan to drive a car. Far too easy to get distracted by the occasional woodland animal and rear-end the guy in front of me...

Wolfey
August 27th, 2010, 10:45 PM
lol! Funny story!

Well, I have lots but here's a good one.

I was bored and tired in math class. ( no duh, I hate math) My mind started to wander and I completely spazzed out. Suddenly, a fly buzzed right by my ear. I flipped out. I yelped , growled, then fell out of the chair and knocked the desk over. Lets say the teacher wasn't happy and my classmates weren't supprised.

RagdollTherian
August 27th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Haha, well, at least they weren't surprised...

Oblivian
December 19th, 2010, 05:28 PM
Maybe I'm doing this because I want someone to relate, maybe because it's likely to amuse someone. I'm not quite certain. It's not so much funny as "almost became funny".

I watch cats chasing snowflakes, I watch dogs chasing snowflakes, I watch people tripping because of the snow.. and I watch the snowflakes. Attentively. I want to chase them, so badly, that I feel a shiver course along my spine, my muscles twitch and that little voice in the back of my mind urging me on.

Today, there were gigantic snowflakes. The kind that you inhale in your nose and snort because you, allofasudden, have a pile of cold cotton in there.

I was in the city center, with all of the other yuleshoppers, and.. that little voice tried to convince me that I could take it, I could fake just chasing one snowflake, just catching one snowflake. Just one.
I could feel shivers rising, muscles twitching, and I was almost whimpering with the effort of holding myself back. You know people holding the leesh attached to a great dane that just wants to play? Yeah, sort of like that, but with myself.

I know that it'll feel good to flail around, snapping at every snowflake which comes within my reach (there were a lot of them). This is the issue;
Last time I did this, I was only on my way home from the university. It was in the evening, there were only a few people, and I still almost managed to mow down two people on bikes, three pedestrians and almost step on one dog, and smack into two streetlights.

This is the moment when very a disappointed puppy eyed creature hurries into a store, so as to not chase the lovely, big, fluffy ice falling from the sky.

vampire_wolf
September 30th, 2011, 06:46 PM
I sniff things lots too...hissed very loudly...I was a wolf raised by cats. ^^ Which is mostly true. And I talk in my sleep too. I've had whole conversations with my mom when she'd try to wake me up after falling asleep in the car. I don't remember a one of them.

I sniff things all the time...Sometimes for reasons I don't even know..Like smelling them will either help me understand them, or compensate for lack of other senses...I have always had cats, ever since I was little, so I picked up A LOT of traits from them...Sometimes I hiss when I get startled...I too have also had full conversations with my mother, while "sleeping" mostly these occure early in the morning when she wakes me just long enough to tell me something or other...I hardly ever remember what she said to me or how I responded... xD

Astral
October 1st, 2011, 11:13 AM
Oh I have stories! I love stories. Tehehe.

1. I had a fling with a guy in college and I had gotten real shifty so I told him I wanted to bite his neck, but sometimes my "animal instincts" take over (this was before I knew about therianthropy). He didn't mind so I went ahead and I got real into it (growling, etc), to the point where he couldn't breathe... o.o I was in such a wolf mindset that I had to pry my mouth away. I was so embarrassed and kept apologizing once I'd controlled myself, but he said it was all fine. Needless to say, he had a giant hickey the next day.
2. One time I was with my ex-gf and I had just told her about my therianthropy. She thought it was cool. We decided to get a little intimate and she had a bleeding cut on her arm...which caused me to shift and lick at it (unsafe, I know), then growl and stalk around on the bed until I calmed down. She was amazed and kind of scared after that. :P
3. I was thinking about the Howl that I am going to attend in the Spring and I got so excited that I started wiggling my butt around, even though I wasn't shifted. I guess my wolfy side is realllllly excited at the thought of wrestling and playing around with other wolves!! I, then, blushed and had to settle myself down. :P
4. I work with dogs and a lot of the time the dogs start up a singing/howling chorus and I can't help but sing/howl along with them. It makes me happy and the dogs love it. Sometimes my voice sounds so human-like, but a lot of the time I get real into it and I sound really wolf-like that it makes my co-workers nervous. It's also funny because we're all on camera. :P

I have other small stories, but that aren't as exciting. I love this thread, it makes me so happy.

vampire_wolf
October 1st, 2011, 05:08 PM
Today we went to a national park in Abruzzo. We went "hiking" by that I mean that we climbed part-way up a mountain in a wooded area...lol Not nearly enough hiking for my tastes.. :D

Before we started, the guide was telling us how it was mating season for all the cervi (deer) and how the forest not only contains them, but orsi (bears) and lupi (WOLVES). I was VERY excited by the idea of possibly seeing deer...The wolf in me wanted to hunt (I hadn't really eaten anything all day :( )

While we were hiking all I could think about was going faster, and deeper into the woods...And the wolf in me just wanted to RUN! I even said at one point, "voglio correre!" lol (kind of in a growly voice...) I DID eventually get to run....Some friends and I were lagging behind, so I convinced them to run to catch up ;)

Also, the entire time I was there, I was in a partial m-shift, so It was kind of hard for me to concentrate on what the guide was saying (or what my friends were saying for that matter). I was just so happy to be in the woods again!

vampire_wolf
October 1st, 2011, 05:25 PM
I have another story :D

I went to Firenze the other week with my mate and a friend. We ended up staying with the Carabinieri (a connection we had, very safe and cheap too) and before bed, we ended up having an amazing pillow fight...lol I know, sorta stupid, and definitely childish...but anyways, ignoring that :D

I started to go all wolfy while "fighting" and I ended up going from the normally "reserved" person most people see to a pillow fight GOD :) Needless to say, it kinda freaked my friend and my mate out...Neither know of my therianthropy yet (still deciding if I want to tell the friend, the mate is a definite yes, but the timing is variable) and neither really knew what to make of me...

My mate was just like, "woah, never seen you like that before..." ;)

vamptherian
October 3rd, 2011, 09:25 AM
So my first mental shift( that I can remember) happened when I was just a little kid. I was living in a small suburb at the time and I got outside and started to play.
Now, the streets were very narrow and I had wandered over by one. Some guy in a car pulls up and starts following me. He would speed up and just when it looked like he was going to tap me with his car he would come to a stop. I realize looking back now that I was in no real danger, he was just some jerk trying to scare a little kid. At the time though I did not know that.
All I knew was that it looked like he was trying to hit me and I just sorta zoned out. I could have just stepped off the road but my young, scared wolf mind did not think about that. So instead I went running up the road, I swear I even turned around and growled at that car a couple times. I remember that I was only just vaguely aware of what the car was, it just registered as a threat to me.
Eventually I went down on all fours and jumped off the road into a ditch. I hid in the bushes intill I was sure the danger had passed. When I first "came back" to myself after this happened I was horrified. I had no clue had long I had been shifted.

Diretooth
November 5th, 2011, 02:13 AM
You guys have some pretty interesting stuff happening to you.
The weirdest shift I've ever had was when I was typing a story. At first, my head felt light, I couldn't focus. I was making mistakes, some so obvious that I could hardly believe it when I checked my progress the next day. So, my head's feeling light, something I can compare to a nice buzz that I once had, and my arm's going numb. As I was a minor (And still am), I didn't drink alcohol. So my head's light, my arm's numb, and my heart is racing. My first thought is what most writers would think if they were a Wolf and were experiencing this powerful of a shift. 'Holy crap! I feel as if I'm actually physically shifting!' Was that thought. (Of course, I didn't actually change physically.) So I save my file, exit out and stumble to my room. fumble with the light switch, missing it by inches, and I lay on my bed. I curl up as a Wolf and wait for it to pass. It doesn't. So I go to sleep and have the most awesome dream ever, and I can't remember it.
I believe that was my Wolf side telling me to lay off the typing for a while and get some sleep.

Another time I have shifted was recently when we were playing cage ball. At first, I was playing very poorly. Then I m-shifted. I paced around the playing area, hunched over slightly, walking on the 'balls of my feet' (Where the toes and foot begin), and seeing everything with such startling clarity I was sure that if I took my glasses off I'd have 20/20 vision (Of course, that never happened.) Suddenly, I've gone from worst player to getting the other team's players out by myself. Sure, my right foot hurt (And still stings), but it was a moment of pure awesome for me.

As for other, less notable things:
My cat, Romeo, likes to lick my hair when I'm fully shifted (Within all normal parameters), but never when I'm fully 'human'.
If a person were to play with my hair for long enough, my foot will thump the floor.
I've often growled at something that's irritated me, but I've never snapped at a person or tried to claw or bite them.
I often curl up when I sleep.
I find that dog treats smell tasty and have often wanted to eat one. Are they any good?
And, as for a weird quirk, if the meat before me is tender and bloody, I will practically tear it to shreds when I eat it.

Cheshire
November 5th, 2011, 05:01 AM
[QUOTE= As for other, less notable things:
My cat, Romeo, likes to lick my hair when I'm fully shifted (Within all normal parameters), but never when I'm fully 'human'.
If a person were to play with my hair for long enough, my foot will thump the floor.
I've often growled at something that's irritated me, but I've never snapped at a person or tried to claw or bite them.
I often curl up when I sleep.
I find that dog treats smell tasty and have often wanted to eat one. Are they any good?
And, as for a weird quirk, if the meat before me is tender and bloody, I will practically tear it to shreds when I eat it.[/QUOTE]

Holy hell get out of my head! dog food smells nasty but I am one of the only people I know who can dish out cat food and exclaim that it smells yummy. Oh the sleeping thing I tend to curl up then stretch all the way out. I tend to make nest I have to have something on all sides of me. I am the same way with meat, while cooking I am most likely to pick at the raw meat in the pan than I am to actually pick at the cooked meat. I tend to slurr when I shift so when I am irritated enough to cause a shift I growl hiss and occasionally (if they put their hands on me) I do launch, pin and go all happy preditor on them ( my friend is always astounded when I get to this point. I go from laid back hippie like fat girl to a blur of movement. Of course I do not pick fights and would rather talk stuff out, I do warn people not on lay a hand on me most time. Though sometimes I do egg people on when I know they for fighting for fights. This is mostly my kitty I would comment.
P.S wow this thread is old congrats to the op!
-edit- I broke the quote thingy >.<

RagdollTherian
November 5th, 2011, 01:23 PM
P.S wow this thread is old congrats to the op!

Haha, ditto.

I bit my own finger today when playing with my rubber frog toy. Ouch! For once, I'm glad I don't have fangs.

Diretooth
November 5th, 2011, 05:13 PM
Imagine this:
Sitting at the dinner table, Dad just cooked some meat on the grill, but it's still VERY rare. Everyone gives the meat back to Dad, but I don't. I'm an feeling very Wolfish at this point and am trying very hard not to shake my head side to side to dislodge the meat.
One thing that I fine interesting is that my canines (Teeth) are short, but sharp. I'm the only one to retain sharp canines in my family and it feels sooo good just sinking them into rare meat.

Cheshire
November 5th, 2011, 05:32 PM
Imagine this:
Sitting at the dinner table, Dad just cooked some meat on the grill, but it's still VERY rare. Everyone gives the meat back to Dad, but I don't. I'm an feeling very Wolfish at this point and am trying very hard not to shake my head side to side to dislodge the meat.
One thing that I fine interesting is that my canines (Teeth) are short, but sharp. I'm the only one to retain sharp canines in my family and it feels sooo good just sinking them into rare meat.

Oh my god bones... enough said :-D

Diretooth
December 10th, 2011, 02:49 AM
THREAD NECROMANCY!

Okay, so I'm in P.E. class and we're playing dodgeball. The balls are basically half the size of a basketball and I'm feeling particularly wolfish. I'm running back and forth, throwing the dodgeballs and hitting each person I throw at. Someone throws a ball at me and hits me in the face, but I somehow catch the ball in my teeth. Usually I don't have my mouth open, even in a shift. That was a moment of weird and awesome and the look on the guy's face was priceless. Of course, he never told anyone that he got out by me because I caught the ball in my mouth. :D

Tegid System
December 10th, 2011, 03:11 AM
We had an ugly case of depth perception failure tonight: we picked up an earbud and attempted to insert it, using a right-handed across-the-face reach toward the left ear... and poked ourselves in the right eye with it.

Note to selves: perceived feathers are in fact several inches longer than physical fingers, and human ear is MUCH farther from human eye than owl ear is from owl eye. >_<
Ouch.

Then there's the "jump-hissssss-featherflufftolookbigger" reaction to being startled... oy vey, that has happened about seven times too many. >_<

Cheshire
December 10th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Ok first can I say I totally forgot I had posted on this thread. Here I am going through the recent posts and see my post. What followed was a face similar to this --> o.0. Then the thought that someone hijacked my account.

ANYWAY I have started back up volunteering with the cats at a local shelter. I had the intention of volunteering with the dogs but they make me nervous. I am not scared of dogs, just large dogs that growl and bark when you approach startle me. So I have opted to volunteer at the cat shelter. I must say I love the quiet of it. I also love that their are rooms that you can enter where it is just you and the cats with no audience. I have a point I swear. So recently when I go into volunteer I find myself enthralled with the number of toys they have there. I show more interest in the colorful feathers than the resident cats. They have this wooden box with holes in it, inside of the box is a ball that is bigger than the holes. I found myself fixated on moving the ball around in the box for like 30-45 minutes. Luckily I had a cat out of the cage at the moment who was semi interested as well so I did not look like a total freak.
Like I said in other posts part of me is always shifted in some way. This is just something weird I noticed about myself recently. The more colors the better, the longer the string the better. They have this toy that is just a stick with a feather at the end. I am not fond of that toy at all. Ok I did have a point and yet again I have seemed to misplace it...\

This is the toy I was talking about and the cat I was mingling with :-D

Here (http://i1122.photobucket.com/albums/l529/Erica_Porter/Maxfund%20Cats/DSCN0718.jpg)

vampire_wolf
December 16th, 2011, 10:36 AM
So I was walking home last night (11pm here) and passing by this school on my way. There is a section where people park their cars near the school, I would not specifically call it a parking lot, just a row of cars. And I wasn't really paying attention to the world around me (I have that curious ability to be able to walk completely on auto-pilot and just sort of move through my environment without actually feeling like I'm interacting with it. At all times though, my body is fully alert, it's my mind that's on vacation :D)

Anyways, I'm walking in this manner, and I don't really register that there are three men standing next to this one car...Until the little dog that they have with them starts going off at me...Really yapping at me. It was pure instinct...I turned, looked at it and was halfway growling before my brain caught up with my body and I forced myself to stop. I smiled at the surprised men (mostly, i'm sure because there's a weirdo walking at night with sunglasses on that almost growled at them :) ) and said "mi scusate" and moved on...Resuming not caring about the outer world.

Oh, and about the cat toys. Funny story...I have 4 cats, back home that is. And I miss them very much. I was listening to an audiobook in which the main character was volunteering at a cat shelter. She had to catalogue the entire shipment of cat toys that they'd gotten in. As they were describing the toys, I found myself thinking of them and how much fun it would be to play with them/ with my cats with them...

Raqui
December 25th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Has anyone gotten phantom teeth and had to talk to someone in Fang Thpeak?

Alayna Nikita
December 26th, 2011, 03:20 AM
I'm almost always partially shifted, so I have some rather funny quirks that my wonderful friends like to exploit whenever they can. One of their favorites; I yip. If someone pokes or tickles my sides, I will let out a high-pitched YIP! They find it adorable and one day a few of my closer friends held me down in the back of my mom's van on the way to the mall just to make me yip continuously.

Another habit of mine is if someone messes with my nose, I'll do my hands like paws and rub at it while making a whiny "nyarr" sound. My therian/otherkin friend is the only one so far that exploits that habit, along with holding her finger over my face to get me to snap at it.

Going up stairs at school is very awkward, as I have to pull my tail close to my hips to keep from waving it against someone's face. xP

Vaksa
January 2nd, 2012, 01:26 AM
Has anyone gotten phantom teeth and had to talk to someone in Fang Thpeak?

I have, several times- most recently, yesterday. I was having dinner at a relative's house, and I got the phantom teeth halfway through a sentence. So what was supposed to be a response to a question turned into garbled gibberish. Actually, it scared my family, they thought I was having a stroke or seizure or something. THAT was hard to explain. ;)

As far as embarrassing things go, I'll start by saying that I almost constantly have a shifted tail. Often when I'm out in crowded places, it gets stepped on or otherwise injured. :( Anyway, one specific incident sticks out in my mind. It was in 8th grade. I was on a field trip to a museum, and to go in we had to go through a revolving door. As I got out of the doors, the people right after me made the unintelligent choice of running in a circle.

To make a long story short, my tail didn't make it out before the doors rotated, and it got smashed. :( It REALLY hurt, and I made this high pitched sort of screechy yowl, and everyone in the lobby stopped and stared at me. People still joke about it sometimes.

Wren
January 2nd, 2012, 02:54 AM
Funny, I was just thinking of starting a thread like this up! Looks like someone revived it just in time. :3

Let's see...the first shift that I remember was a few years ago in October of seventh grade, before my Awakening. My family was getting ready to go to a corn maze, but my little brother was upset about something and he refused to leave the house. Long story short, I for some reason was made to stay in my parent's room with my mom and dad while they tried to coax the truth from my brother while he was screaming and crying, instead of waiting in the car with my cousins.

As all of this was going on, I was hanging in the background, trying my hardest to stay quiet instead of yelling at all three of them, because by that point it was bordering ridiculous. Thankfully my brother soon gave up the fight and told them, in tears, that he was being bullied. And the second I heard that, I just...I snapped. It wasn't a red-misting moment, but the cat took over and it was pure anger. A need to lunge at the kid who was hurting my brother and claw him and bite him and make him hurt. My whole mindset shifted, it had to be the scariest moment of my life. To any of you who have had a shift when you were mad, you know what I mean.

My posture had changed, too. I was leaning forwards (up on the balls of my feet) and I remember I could barely speak, just make throaty snarling, growling sounds. And the worst part is that while my aggression was being directed towards the bully, it was my mother- the person who was physically closest to me at the time- whom I wanted to attack. Later, after my Awakening, I found an article about how some cats, upon seeing another cat perhaps outside, become distraught and upset. But as they can't get to the trespasser, they turn and release their frustration on anyone nearby, be it animal or human. I forget what it's called at the moment (late night, sorry! ^^; ) but it was one of the things that played a crucial part in my Awakening. I've never had another anger shift quite as bad, and honestly I'm glad. I know I scared the hell out of myself, not to mention my parents and my brother.

House of Chimeras
January 3rd, 2012, 09:28 AM
Here’s a fun one. While at work we were switching back and forth to give each other breaks from the hustle of work. I was having a lot of phantom sensations that night my cerata, gill slits, and lateral line; and a slight mental shift toward shark. Because it I found myself walking and turning in more fluid curves, but I was getting irritated by the dry and the heat.

Then when Lunatani took over a bit the shiftiness switched over to her with her own flavor walking on furry digitgrade legs, large phantom ears, shark teeth, and a short tail. And in turn began stumbling forgetting the different anatomy of human legs versa her on.

So, Zeoriel took over… and his pseudo-wings on his arms and the wings on his back kept ‘bumping’ into things and causing him discomfort.

It was an odd night for several hours.

Astral
January 3rd, 2012, 12:51 PM
@Diretooth

I work with dogs :) and I'll steal treats from them at times. I have found that the bacon flavored treats are absolutely delicious and the dog food that smells/tastes like fish is actually really good too! Grainy, but good. :P My co-workers think I am nuts for trying/liking dog food/treats, but then again, they also think I am weird for being the happiest...person...ever when I am howling/singing with the dogs. :D

Sephiroth-ac
January 5th, 2012, 10:55 PM
I just remembered this thread and thought back to a few days ago when I went with my family to the 'fashion village' a little way outside our town. We were happily walking through and it started to rain, typically, so we ducked into one of the shops until it finished.
We continued on our walk around and my mother caught sight of a small shoe shop so my father & I waited outside, little did I realise that I had chosen to stand under a hanging plant basket. It dripped on my head and I thought "It's just the last of the rain", then it dripped on my back and I got really angry, looked up and hissed loudly at the damned thing completely forgetting that my father was standing right in front of me.
Boy was I embarrassed.

swanblood
March 23rd, 2012, 03:08 AM
Haha, this is a late post, but, I do have one...

Often, my family like to go for a drive in the mountains. My dad really loves to drive, so, I always say, "if you want to go for a drive, and you feel like company, please, take me along!" I love drives in nature, and watching the birds of prey that often fly over the mountain roads in our area, is really happy for me.

But, sometimes, seeing the mountains and lakes is very shifty. We were on a long trip one time, and we went around for several hours looking at different places in the mountains... and, we stopped at this lake, it was early evening, grey sky, birds flying over head (I think they were pelicans)... birds on the water. I just felt, like I needed strongly to feel connected to that place. So, I said to someone (I can't remember who), "hold my camera please"... and then I just went and stuck my head straight in the water like a feeding swan. Haha. I was sooooo happy and rushed, I went to the car after, soaking wet, shaking and feeling so good and right.

But, that's not the embarrassing part... they didn't even think that was a big deal, haha. The embarrassing part, on the trip back, I was just feeling very birdy, it was an intense day, seeing the mountains and the lake, feeling like I want to be with flock... so, I made a loud bird cry out of the window, in a desperate feeling. It startled my mom, and she screamed, and that startled my dad who was driving, and he screamed! And then, he was all... "don't do things that make her scream! I need to focus on the road... if you are going to do that, please warn us". So that was really my embarrassing moment... haha. But, they were really nice about it anyway.

glossy_onyx
March 23rd, 2012, 11:34 AM
I had an embarrassing moment once when my boss was yelling at me and a buddy (the boss was having a bad day and needed to scalp someone. We looked like an easy target.) After about 30 seconds of his rant I guess the leopard in me had had enough, and I started growling at him. He stopped yelling, needless to say. He also slowly backed away from me, looking at me like I was demon possessed. My friend took it all in stride, fortunately. He isn't therian, nor does he know that I am one, so I haven't a clue what he thought about the growl. He just shrugged it off and we carried on with our conversation.

Also I have tried dog food, it was the cheep kind, and I wasn't very impressed. It tasted like cheerios, minus the fruit that I add to mine. I really do not know how the dogs eat it.

Amarok
March 23rd, 2012, 06:15 PM
Also I have tried dog food, it was the cheep kind, and I wasn't very impressed. It tasted like cheerios, minus the fruit that I add to mine. I really do not know how the dogs eat it.

I loved the taste of dog food when I was a toddler. Would hide in the closet and eat it until my parents finally convinced me it was wierd to do so :( I think it was pretty cheap though, I bet some of the new stuff is really good :)

glossy_onyx
March 23rd, 2012, 10:34 PM
I loved the taste of dog food when I was a toddler. Would hide in the closet and eat it until my parents finally convinced me it was wierd to do so :( I think it was pretty cheap though, I bet some of the new stuff is really good :)

Haha, I think it was dog chow brand that I tried. It was no filet minon, I will say that. And yea, when I was younger I would eat wet cat food. Apparently I liked it. It got so bad that they had to hide the cans of it. Probably tasted a heck of a lot better then dry dog food. :P

neon1147
March 24th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Well me, my girlfriend and her aunt and uncle were sitting in the living room watching some show and the cats(there are 8) were all in the living room and there are watching the zao(the dog) chase the laser that her uncle was plating with. i would see the laser out of the comer of my eye. her uncle saw me watching it like a hock i could not take my eyes of it and all I wanted to do is try and grab it and chase it sooooo he starts to pint it right next to me and I tried to catch it but it moved so i tried again and again so finally i im steering at it and I swat at but I forgot my pace of pie was there and the fork had some on it and it went flying and hit her uncle right in the face hahah…goooood times WOOOOO

Leeds
March 25th, 2012, 10:39 PM
I have a really bad habit of letting out barks/yips/howls in crowds. Its just so natural that it slips out and then i remember that I am out in the real world and it probably looks really weird for this girl to be making dog noises.

My mom likes to tell the story of how, when I was like 15, I barked at some women in the doctor's waiting room.

Sometimes you can't help it! :)

I know I also lift my lip in a angered growl way more than appropriate. And I'm certain it doesn't look as cool as it does in my head.

River
March 26th, 2012, 05:22 AM
I have a really bad habit of letting out barks/yips/howls in crowds. Its just so natural that it slips out and then i remember that I am out in the real world and it probably looks really weird for this girl to be making dog noises.

I do that I lot too! And most of the time, it's not really that appropriate to do... When I'm with my partner and alone, I know that it's ok, but when I'm at school or on the bus, I tend to get stared at. Growling is generally not part of a normal human behaviour... :o

Apart from that, I've probably made more funny faces than I could count, even if I knew all the times it had happened. Sometimes canine expressions are not so suitable on human faces.

moon touched wolf
December 16th, 2012, 08:14 PM
Thankfully I don't have too many embarrassing shift stories, I can normally control myself alright with the exception of growling.

One I do have however is when I bit my sister... She decided that it would be fun to pin me to the ground so that I couldn't escape and as if that wasn't bad enough she proceeded to poke me in the nose. It was only natural that I reacted like a canine to that and immediately started growling and bit her finger when it came into reach (and wouldn't let go until she got off of me) which made her get off of me pretty quickly.

Unfortunately she decided to tell my old teacher that I "apparently thought I was a vampire" (don't know whether that's better than thinks she's a wolf or not...) which was embarrassing and immediately ensured that any plans to go visit my old teachers went out the window. She doesn't know I'm a therian, she just thinks I'm weird.

Cloudfoot
December 16th, 2012, 08:32 PM
These stories are really interesting!
I usually have a pretty good handle on myself and my behaviour, wolf or otherwise, so my stories aren't very exciting I'm afraid :(
There's only two that come to mind at the moment...
The first is when I was younger, maybe 14 or 15. I was talking to one of my parents while sitting on the end of my brother's bed (I forget why I was in there, probably went to talk to him about something and got distracted). Suddenly, I lost my balance and fell on my back on the hardwood floor with the loudest, most canine yelp I believe I've ever done, haha! My family teased me for quite a while after that.

The second is more recent, last year I think (23).
I howl to make me feel better in general, because I'm happy, because I'm sad, because I feel like it...etc. I just only do it if I'm alone, for obvious social reasons. Anyway, I thought I was alone in my apartment, so I started howling. This was a longer howling session too, maybe 15 minutes. Afterward, I felt pretty good and got up to go back to my room (I was in the livingroom; it's more echoey), and my room-mate came out of her room.
I was so embarrassed that I hid in my room the whole rest of the day.

hotdogwolf
December 16th, 2012, 10:03 PM
Cloudfoot, That was funny. Hmm lets see do I have any story's like that. Yes. A few years ago I was helping this lady take care of animals. This other lady (I forget there names) was helping to talk care of the animals too. So we started talking for reson about werewolves, I have no idea why we just were. So long story short I ownly half jokingly Told her that I was a werewolf.( laughs) She looked at me got up and walked out of the room and told the animal helper lady that she was not coming back. Why are people so dumb I was ownly half joking I am really a timber wolf.

John Raptor
December 17th, 2012, 04:04 PM
In school, young age we used to play different games outside, my favorite was to hide, wait for somebody to come close and then jump on them or just run after. But there was that, when get somebody it felt like, must hug, and bite. Usually I just stopped because had no idea what to do now, would be strange to bite somebody. Sometimes that hiding made me to be in ecstasy, made me to droll.

Nekrowjynx
December 17th, 2012, 06:48 PM
A nekrow'd thread oh joy. Only a few moments come to mind-hm, no, my memory is pretty bad. Anyway, I was talking to my friend about a month ago and it was a casual conversation (whatever it was about) and I was supposed to make a speech in front a class, and I suppose I was nervous. The first word (sound) that came out of my mouth was a thrill-wether it was or wasn't- that "thrill" sounded like an uncanny hyena. Not a good way to start a speech making animal noises that you didn't even know was in your vocal range. -_-

kitfallen
December 22nd, 2012, 03:27 AM
Oh gee, I have so many stories... but I'll limit myself to three short ones.

Way back in middle school, I was at my best friend's birthday party and we were having a friendly tussle with water balloons and hoses between me, two friends, and one of the dads. I ended up wrestling with the dad in an attempt to gain control of the hose. You must understand that back then I still had terrible manners and when people wrestled with me I went full claws/teeth on them. So needless to say, he was so shocked that I'd actually bitten his (hairy ew!) arm that I did actually get ahold of the hose in the end. My friend still teases me about biting the poor guy, even though I definitely have learned to mind my manners.

In high school, it was a common thing for my mother to come home to me laying stretched out on the carpet in the sunlight after a stressful day. It was embarrassing at first but my family takes my weirdness in stride and often make fond comments of me as a "cat lady".

Finally, in college, my friends found out that the perfect way to distract me is to dangle string in front of my face. Have you ever seen a cat see a toy and the way their eyes go wide and their face changes to "MUST PLAY"? That's about what happens to me unless I have strict control over myself--and with my friends, I relax too much to have a handle on that. So basically anytime they decided I was "grumpy" or arguing with someone--or really any reason at all--they found a way to dangle a string in front of me and watch me go straight into a ridiculous m-shift which includes batting it and pouncing on nothing sometimes. It's terribly embarrassing when I forget myself and start doing that in public.

The_Squirrel_Girl
December 22nd, 2012, 04:22 AM
Oh boy... Well, it's winter vacation, so thats a time for travel. I happened to be having a pretty nice airplane trip, until I had the most EMBARRESSING shift. I was just sitting there, watching some movie, when all the sudden I had my first phantom shift in a couple of hours. My tail. I was sitting on it. I was sitting on my own tail. I was fidgeting and twisting trying to get it out from under me. Everybody started staring. Thank goodness my mom was asleep or I would have been in trouble. When I finally got comfortable, I draped my Phantom Tail over the armrest into the isle. BAD mistake. Twenty seconds later, someone walked up the isle, stomping on my tail. I yowled. I literally YOWLED. My mom was sooo mad that I woke her up and disrupted half the plane. The flight attendants were hovering around me, all worried. Ugh. It was TERRIBLE.

Ice Blitz
December 26th, 2012, 01:09 AM
I was wondering if I should tell my Canada Goose story.... I'm going to take this as a sign.

When I was maybe 17, I was visiting my boyfriend-at-the-time at the KFC where he worked. There was a pair of Canadian Geese nesting in the bushes *right* next to the door. Epically bad choice of a nesting location. People would pass within a couple feet of their nest every few minutes, the pair of them would hiss, and generally get upset.

I was hanging out in the parking lot, smoking a cigarette (which I did then) while I waited for my guy. The male of the pair kept staring at me. Eventually he stepped out of the nest and started advancing towards me... very slowly... ducking his head and hissing in an aggression display.

I was halfway across the parking lot, so I was a bit surprised that he was so upset with me. I had enough time to think, "I'd better not move, or he'll really be pissed off", and then he was close enough that he rushed me. Next thing I know, I have a flapping, pecking, murderous goose in my face.

I blocked the beak with my forearm, like you'd block a knife. Even though it really hurt, I was laughing uncontrollably. I thought it was very funny that a bird the size of a Thanksgiving turkey was taking on a person. My mind kept trying to tell me it was a serious situation, then I'd see those wings - FLAP FLAP FLAP - and those little beady crazed eyes, and I'd start giggling again.

I don't remember how the fight ended; it probably just got tired of attacking me. After the fact my right forearm was covered in beak bruises: circles the size of a silver dollar that were black with blood. Nasty; I was grateful I didn't fracture anything. The thing that took longer to heal, though, was my badly bruised ribcage. Though I hadn't realized at the time, those wings - FLAP FLAP FLAP - were beating me about the torso with considerable force. Fighting dinosaurs (er, birds, I mean) is no joke. But it is funny to watch.

This, almost exactly, happened to me. Except it was in a target parking lot, far away from the doors. And I approached the nest for a picture. The male was just walking towards me hissing and waddling, and I figured I still had a second to snap a pic on my cell phone.

The next thing I knew, the goose was in my face, flapping and hissing and his beak! I tried to run, slipped since I had a special boot thing on one of my feet (almost fractured my foot while sparring with my mate during karate) and was scrambling away on all fours yelping like a scared puppy. I managed to scuttle back into the car and get the door shut, but I had plenty of bruises and scapes to remember that by.

I laugh now, but if I were to see another next with a ticked off male, I'd probably wet myself.

Raqui
December 26th, 2012, 11:43 AM
I hissed at a guy last week. He was dangling this really ugly rubber chicken dog toy in front of me, and without really thinking I bared my teeth and hissed like a cat. I wasn't especially embarrassed, because I act this way a lot and my friends just think it's funny. It's just that this guy hadn't really seen that part of me yet and I hadn't meant to be so foreward.And yes, a snarl on a human isn't intimidating, it just makes you look insane.

Sephiroth-ac
December 26th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I have a terrible habit of playing with my food when it comes to desserts specifically (probably because I've already eaten and I'm more like a cat that's not hungry with a food item in front of them). This Christmas dinner was no exception and I found myself happily trying to remove the bottom of the dessert while keeping it balanced perfectly... I looked up to find everybody was watching me, fascinated.

I was unwrapping presents after that and one of them was sellotaped so that it was impossible to get into without finding some means of tearing a flat area of the paper. I audibly growled in frustration and my brother looked at me with a face of "don't do that". I got told off! :p

hotdogwolf
December 26th, 2012, 12:27 PM
Now that was funny sephiroth-ac. As for me there was one time when I was with my dad and my brother and his girlfriend and I thought I heard a cat outside when I went to go look for it my brothers girlfriend said to me oh it must have been my brother on the phone that made that noise. Just then I started thinking about how it would have been fun to mess with my brother's girlfriends brother by hissing back at him for making that noise. One more thing my father always tell's me that I spend to much time with my dogs.

Panthera unica
December 30th, 2012, 02:00 PM
I have been known to shift in front of my family and closest of friends from time to time. None of them know about me being a Therian but one. They just think i am a wee bit odd and all.
However the most embarrassing time I have ever shifted was recently when my girlfriend had decided to help out this woman she had just met by letting her stay in her van outside our house and use our facilities inside for a little while. At first she was a good guest and seemed to be nice and very helpful around the property but as time went by her mood and the way she was acting changed. She began to demand things of us and try to accuse of inappropriate behaviors and activities. Finally one day as she is yelling at my girlfriend in our home and accusing her of things I just loose control and from the other side of the living I tell her to leave and that i was going to call the cops and then the next thing i know I am growling and baring my teeth at her from the other end of the living room. When the police show up I tell them about that and the officer just starts to laugh after i tell him i growled at her.
I just couldn't take being dishonored and disrespected in my own home by someone we had tried to help, and my soft and gentle kitty side gave way to my protective nature that i have with in.

Kyoudai_Garou
January 16th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Oh gee, I don't really know when I shift since I always act wolf/dog-like but I had a clear one at a friend's Bday. I closed her in in the hall, keeping the door shut. She started scratching at the door and meowing, and her friend started barking. That was it for me, and I started to bark along and jump a bit through the room. I really couldn't stop barking and I felt my soul almost jumping out from happiness to finally get all lose.

And I've read about the sleeptalking at the beginning of this thread, well, I had something weird a few nights before also.
I'm sick, so I slept on the couch. I was very tired so I fell asleep. When I woke up the next morning my dad had put something to drink on the table for if I would get thirsty at night or when I wake up like he always does when I'm sick. So when he came downstairs I said like "I saw you gave me something to drink for the night, thank you" and he said "yeah, I thought you knew? You looked up when I put it there"
But I can't remember anything about waking up after I fell asleep, and that is kind of scaring me. o_O

KaraWolfDragon
January 18th, 2013, 05:01 PM
I'm pretty sure I already posted but I didn't say much because I didn't remember much.

When I was in 5th grade, there was this guy that was annoying. Well at least I thought he was annoying, most of the girls thought he was cool and "cute" and liked him because he was tall for a 5th grader, but honestly, I nearly hated him. So one day in class I was sitting on the counter in the classroom because we were all standing, can't remember much, but I ended up snarling at him and that was REALLY embarrassing because he just laughed and started mocking me, growling and pissing me off even more. Lol I bet I looked stupid though. But at least I learned my lesson: Never act like an animal in front of someone you hate. Well, it wasn't really acting, but you know what I mean XD

And sometimes I shift when I'm trying to go to sleep and end up chewing on my pillow and my sleeve or just anything worth chewing on that I can reach. I even start rolling like a dog in my bed until I realize how much sound I'm making and stop. Luckily no one has walked in on me shifting before.

LunaBrightheart
December 12th, 2013, 05:27 PM
Hey, Luna here.

I'm just wondering, has anyone else had hilarious things happen because of your theriotype?? Or even got you in trouble?? Or have you even had a moon moon moment?? XD.

Me myself, I got in trouble for growling at a teacher. Growling at my sister. And howling during class to my pack mates XD. Not that funny I know, but if you were there and saw what happened, you'd understand. NOW PLEASE SHARE YOUR FUNNY EXPERIENCE!!

~god dammit moon moon....~