PDA

View Full Version : We're Wolves

Kyte
August 24th, 2009, 10:21 PM
On Animal Planet On Halloween. They are doing a special on if werewolves were alive today.

http://www.broadcastnow.co.uk/news/multi-platform/news/animal-planet-to-investigate-werewolves/2019207.article

Kyte
August 24th, 2009, 10:52 PM
It looks really interesting. They did something like this a while back with Dragons.

House of Chimeras
August 24th, 2009, 10:58 PM
That sounds pretty interesting. I’ll have to take note of that and watch it this Halloween time.

HyenaVitani
August 24th, 2009, 11:16 PM
Heeeeyyyy! That sounds interesting!

"If werewolves were alive today".

8D, hmmm, Halloween huh...

When... is Halloween again? It is the last day of October right? I will look out for this 8D

Kyte
August 24th, 2009, 11:18 PM
Halloween...All Hallow's Eve.
October 31st.

DragonicWolf
August 24th, 2009, 11:26 PM
EEEE, I gotta watch that. The dragon one was also extremely interesting, although fake.

Kyte
August 24th, 2009, 11:29 PM
It was fake, but I liked it. I thought that the stories made up were in depth. I look forward to this. If I can find the commercial I saw I will gladly post it

Arawn
August 24th, 2009, 11:55 PM
I'll have to watch it. Maybe they'll mention the Beast of Bray Road. >> I like anything cryptozoological.

Kyte
August 25th, 2009, 12:04 AM
I'll have to watch it. Maybe they'll mention the Beast of Bray Road. >> I like anything cryptozoological.
I think they did a movie on the beast of bray road.

Arawn
August 25th, 2009, 01:03 AM
I think they did a movie on the beast of bray road.

The only thing I remember about the Beast of Bray Road was on the History Channel, on Monster Quest >> But I can never get enough.

Scarlet Bell
August 25th, 2009, 06:52 AM
Maybe someone should suggest to them to look into therians? I don't know, maybe they would just find it interesting to listen to the opinions of people that do identify as animals.

Oblivian
August 25th, 2009, 09:20 AM
Something tells me this won't be on Animal Planet here <.< just a hunch.

Tratnador
August 25th, 2009, 09:27 AM
They did something like this a while back with Dragons.

Was that the one where they found the frozen dragons in a cave? That was great. If this werewolf thing is similar to that one then I'll have to watch it. ^^

Arawn
August 25th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Maybe someone should suggest to them to look into therians? I don't know, maybe they would just find it interesting to listen to the opinions of people that do identify as animals.

Or not--I don't think it'd be very interesting, it's like all the shows on vampires: they're not very interesting except when go into the myths on vampires.

Plus, the best bet for show like that would be something like the History Channel or something because they have lots of shows dealing with odd things about people.

NikitaDarkstar
August 25th, 2009, 11:33 AM
Might be interesting... but at the same time I'll probably find the after effects highly annoying considering what happened here when a bunch of people "jumped in" to the dragon "documentary" (didn't watch it from the start) and actually believed it was real... took a long time before that finally died down and they accepted that there actually was no frozen dragon in a cave.

Freedom of the soul
August 25th, 2009, 11:35 AM
but It would have been Awesome if they did

Raqui
August 25th, 2009, 02:30 PM
The dragon one was cool. It's called Dragons: a fantasy made real (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uybcmYcQN5U), and you can watch the whole thing on youtube. A lot of fluffy dragonkin still bring it up to this day as proof that dragons existed on Earth. But that's okay, fluffies are always annoying. I'll be looking forward to this. I hope the werewolves look good.

Unconfirmed
August 25th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Honestly, I didn't find the dragons thing interesting, and I won't find this interesting.

aurumlupus
August 25th, 2009, 05:48 PM
SOunds interesting. I wonder who they used to compound info, or if they just went completly imaginative wild! Cant wait for the Wolf Man film to come out. Ive only seen american werewolf in london, and as funny and cheesy it is, it isnt exactly scary eh? :p

Leeds
August 25th, 2009, 10:53 PM
Worth watching.

I just hope its not on too late or is quickly re-aired. I tend to be out wandering on Halloween.

TawnySinni
August 25th, 2009, 11:06 PM
This sounds amazingly interesting. I really liked the dragon thing, so this will definitely be worth the watch. And Leeds, I tend to do the same thing if it's not snowing.

KallistoNire
August 26th, 2009, 07:11 AM
I adored the dragon one - I loved how (even though it wasn't real) it showed how it COULD happen in theory. Should be really interesting to see how they'll do it with werewolves. Only hope they show it in the UK too! Most of the Animal Planet shows in the UK are "Animal Cops" etc. *misses the one-hour documentaries!*

DaxterD
August 27th, 2009, 06:21 PM
Weird to show it on Halloween of all days. (What would they think of werelions?) XD That makes me think has anyone had any interesting shifts on Halloween of all days?

Scarlet Bell
August 27th, 2009, 09:10 PM
Or not--I don't think it'd be very interesting, it's like all the shows on vampires: they're not very interesting except when go into the myths on vampires.

Plus, the best bet for show like that would be something like the History Channel or something because they have lots of shows dealing with odd things about people.

Yeah, now that I think about, your right. Plus with werewolves going on the rise in popularity it might not be best to add in anything like that. It was just a lazy thought.

I wonder how they'll cover p-shifting though? I think I'll watch it when it comes out, it would be interesting to see how they portray things. I wonder what they're werewolves will look like and all? I can only hope they don't portraty the werewolves as the "Savage, mindless, bloodthristy, wild dogs of Hell." that so many tend to see werewolves as. I'm not really to fond of that view, I kind of hope they'll portray them acting more like real wolves.

Lanina
August 28th, 2009, 06:15 PM
I saw the dragon one, and liked it. I liked Walking With Dinosaurs too. Hopefully I will see this We'rewolves thing, but I'll probably have to watch it on youtube or wait several years for it to *maybe* air on a Swedish channel. Anyway, seems interesting.

I remember seeing a show where Anthony Stewart Head (actor from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) talked about werewolves and brought up several known myths about "real" werewolves. Does anyone remember what the name of the show was? I think they did this with witches and zombies as well...

Werewolf of Waldorf
August 29th, 2009, 05:55 PM
There was a thread here a while back that someone had posted, linking a Youtube film on a therian documentary. I think it was on the Discovery Channel, and it made us out to be...socialtial freaks, and kinda just another odd group. Nothing good came out of it, just making us out to be more down-to-earth Furries, basically. This one probably won't be any better publicity for us should we, as a society, decided to get involved.

Real quick before my laptop battery dies... THe original Werewolf in London film bakc in 1933 FAAAAR trumps the original WolfMan movie, and is still better, and more suspenseful, than the AMerican Were in London movie. I'm looking forward to the new Wolfman Moive too!!! :D

I'll keep this show in mind, though, and wouldn't mind giving a letter or something, anonymously though, to the host, just to tickle their mind.

joshdragon12345
August 29th, 2009, 09:13 PM
I think I'll watch it.

Kaye Sweetbriar
October 25th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Okay guys! For anyone who is interested in this show, here's a link to all the times it will be playing!

http://animal.discovery.com/tv-schedules/special.html?paid=15.15535.128610.0.0

(Hope it works, let me know if it doesn't.)

Discovery and The History Channel are also having specials on Halloween and werewolves. There's one called "Mr and Mrs Wolfman" and then "The Real Wolfman" but I can't recall when and where each one is.

KittyVel
October 25th, 2009, 02:07 PM
I need to watch this.

Raqui
October 25th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the link. What time zone is this in?

House of Chimeras
October 25th, 2009, 02:49 PM
I believe Animal Planet is set in the Eastern Time Zone so there its at 9, for Central Time it comes on at 8, for Mountain Time its 7, and Pacific at 6.

I almost forgot about this program coming up. I need to watch it. I also plan on watching “The Real Wolfman” on the History Channel that is coming up.

RedFeather
October 25th, 2009, 02:58 PM
Oh, cool. I recently saw the dragon one, and thought it was interesting. I'd love to see the werewolf one, too, although I won't be able to this Halloween, because we don't have cable. But perhaps it will come out on DVD someday like the dragon one did.

PhelanVelvel
October 25th, 2009, 03:01 PM
I also really liked the dragon one, but I'm wary about this particular topic. I'm not a fan of the Hollywood anthropomorphised werewolf, like the human body with a wolf face, covered in fur. @__@ My take on the term "werewolf," even in mythology, was someone who turned into a straight-up wolf, not a cross in between, and I guess they'll more likely represent the latter.

Ashen
October 26th, 2009, 04:35 AM
**Spoiler**

Okay I turned the channel after an hour into it because Adult Swim started and I'd rather watch cartoons but from what I understood they were making it out to be werewolves are humans with rabies, they don't shift at all just have super human strength and shit... couldn't get into it. :(

DragonicWolf
October 26th, 2009, 04:43 AM
**Spoiler**

Okay I turned the channel after an hour into it because Adult Swim started and I'd rather watch cartoons but from what I understood they were making it out to be werewolves are humans with rabies, they don't shift at all just have super human strength and shit... couldn't get into it. :(

But isn't that how the stereotypical werewolf is supposed to be like? Id probably still watch it. Its all fantasy right C:.

LazyWolf
October 26th, 2009, 04:49 AM
Well I'd think it be interesting on how like Humans could turn into Wolves and how Humans could also turn into Werewolves quite funny and creepy at least that they won't have to dress up.

Velvet Darkness
October 26th, 2009, 12:45 PM
I missed the dragon one.
I wonder if they'll show this one in the UK? I have animal planet on my Sky thingy. Gotta look that up now.

Edited to put:
Nope... It's US only. :(
But on National Geographic Sky UK are showing a one hour special on Vampires. Halloween at 9pm.
"Experts investigate whether the myth of these creatures of the night could be rooted in fact."
Hmmm, creatures of the night... Is anyone still really using that phrase?? I guess they are.

If everyone isn't busy watching Most Haunted Live I think it might be worth taking a look at. I'll have to watch it, just for researvch purposes of course. :)

outwarddoodles
October 26th, 2009, 08:32 PM
If what I just watched was the equivalent for "We're Wolves," then it was an utter disappointment. > : (

elinox
October 26th, 2009, 09:23 PM
I just set my DVR to tape it this afternoon. And also on AP a show called Mr. and Mrs. Wolfman. A quick Google search reveals that show's about Sean Ellis, the British wolf biologist.

Ashen
October 26th, 2009, 10:16 PM
This wasn't the this about Sean Ellis, this was like a d rated horror movie that talked about a forensics police team investigating werewolf 'killings and mutilations of humans an animals'

RowanWulfram
October 26th, 2009, 10:31 PM
I liked the dragon one from way back when, so I'm at least curious about this one and will give it a try. :)

I'm also curious about the therian show that was mentioned; even if it does make us out to be a little... crazy. :P I didn't even know we were popular enough to land ourselves a documentary, since we barely have one book in existence now as of a few months ago. (See Lupa's Field Guide to Otherkin: http://www.thegreenwolf.com/afgto.html )

Anyway, sounds like fun. ^^

hotdogwolf
August 8th, 2017, 09:09 PM
I know this thread is old and most likely not being posted on but I have too, Seeing how I have information on what is being said here. The cryptozoological creature known as the beast of bray road is in fact a Dogman. I have some links here to what dogmen are. https://dogmanencounters.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/DogmanEncounters/featured the main site that I have already posted on werelist on the trading post section of werelist, But I will put it here. http://www.northamericandogmanproject.com/

hotdogwolf
August 19th, 2017, 06:07 PM
Dogman encounters radio episode. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9g2WoIEx8xg

RunningRed
August 20th, 2017, 10:58 PM
I know this thread is old and most likely not being posted on but I have too, Seeing how I have information on what is being said here. The cryptozoological creature known as the beast of bray road is in fact a Dogman. I have some links here to what dogmen are. https://dogmanencounters.com/ https://www.youtube.com/user/DogmanEncounters/featured the main site that I have already posted on werelist on the trading post section of werelist, But I will put it here. http://www.northamericandogmanproject.com/

I dunno about that appellation. Dog refers to so many domesticated species.
I'm picturing a chihuahuaman, hiding behind a tree, nervously shaking. :-)

Dogs are the result of millennia of directed genetic manipulation by man, it's not too implausible some family tried breeding a bipedal species, ala Moreau.

hotdogwolf
August 21st, 2017, 01:00 PM
I dunno about that appellation. Dog refers to so many domesticated species.
I'm picturing a chihuahuaman, hiding behind a tree, nervously shaking. :-)

Dogs are the result of millennia of directed genetic manipulation by man, it's not too implausible some family tried breeding a bipedal species, ala Moreau.
Laughs. That's funny. Well we just use it as a term to identify the creature because we do not want to call it a werewolf because that's not what it is. What it really is ( My guess ) a evolved alien wolf. No it is not something that man has done. If you look at the sites that I have posted you will see what it looks like.