PDA

View Full Version : Media -- Our Way

Ashen
October 29th, 2009, 02:38 AM
I thought this topic was important enough to break it off right now and get a group talking about this...with the recent media attention on therians I think it's important that the group of us, mostly werelist as a whole cuz in my opinion this is the best, level headed, no bullshit place for real therians to talk. It could kinda start along the same lines as Savages paper, the radio interview was pretty good for a first time interview, and I think it'd be really good to take Interviews or the general ideas presented by all the topics on the forum, maybe for those that can try to get a few video interviews and if possible record shifts, just in general get a good media presentation of what we are as a community and individuals. I don't have the time or know how to head this project up, but if others are willing I'm more than happy to help as much as possible.

Ideas anyone??

Vikaryous
October 29th, 2009, 02:53 AM
That would be amazing

I would be willing to volunteer for anything. I don't have alot of media expertise, but I'd do anything to help

PhelanVelvel
October 29th, 2009, 02:55 AM
I would be all about this, I think it would just take a lot of work to put together. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it would have to be determined, like, how would the interviews be conducted, would they just be people recording themselves and responding to questions? I definitely wouldn't be opposed to a mélange of therian interviews all put together in one visual presentation. There could be a basic overview to the concept, some explanations behind the terms the community uses, and then show the various lights in which different people experience therianthropy and have them explain it based on their own set of personal values. I would hope that if it could be done, in the end, it would serve as a piece of reference to which one could point curious/misled non-therians. Not like an end-all, be-all definition of therianthropy, but a diverse one that is at least conveyed with rationality from the point of view of the people experiencing it. I would support this because I find it really difficult to contend with the assumption that a person who has an animal identity is automatically fantasising, deluded, roleplaying, or insane.

Dragonslorefury
October 29th, 2009, 03:32 AM
I would do it but Idoubt I have the right apperance for something like this *chough* big girl *cough, cough*.

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 09:55 AM
I have a filming company. We are Pheonix Ash Studios. But anywho...MY mate and I both have a film background and we are working on at Television show right now called "Enlightenment". Its about locals Myths, Legends, and the Unknown. We're working with a few people and trying to get on PBS as of now, but have the know-how and I know my crew would be willing to do it.
I would be interested in setting something like this up, and my mate is GREAT at editing. It could be aired for the community or even online before trying to go to TV. It would help to get feed back that way.

Just an Idea.

I would do it but I doubt I have the right appearance for something like this

The girl I use most on camera is actually a larger girl. She has a great voice and a good film personality. Don't think that just because you're larger than most you wouldn't be "right" for something like that....(my two cents worth)

Aislin
October 29th, 2009, 11:23 AM
I have a filming company. We are Pheonix Ash Studios. But anywho...MY mate and I both have a film background and we are working on at Television show right now called "Enlightenment". Its about locals Myths, Legends, and the Unknown. We're working with a few people and trying to get on PBS as of now, but have the know-how and I know my crew would be willing to do it.
I would be interested in setting something like this up, and my mate is GREAT at editing. It could be aired for the community or even online before trying to go to TV. It would help to get feed back that way.

Just an Idea.

The girl I use most on camera is actually a larger girl. She has a great voice and a good film personality. Don't think that just because you're larger than most you wouldn't be "right" for something like that....(my two cents worth)

I defiantly think that we need some positive light and Phoenix Ash Studios is just the way to do it.

And yay...Analae said that I have a good film personality...and a great voice.

Prophet
October 29th, 2009, 11:37 AM
What Analae DIDN'T mention is that we have the experience and the know how, but we no longer have access to the school equipment, and are currently working on trying to fund our own studio out of pocket. This isn't (and shouldn't be) something that will be finished by the end of this year: this should take great care and time to put together. It could be finished by end of next year (in theory), but to really get great results, not just good results, we need to take our time on this and get it right. If we don't, I'm very much fear that this could turn into a fiasco.

As for my background: I have done several short documentaries, as well as commercials (for projects, never aired), video post production work, silent film, etc etc. The most important thing I have here to bring to the table is that I was the executive producer for the first annual Manifesto Film Festival in Charlotte, NC. I have also had experience working on international exhibits as a video documentarian and interactive designer. In short, I'm a sort of jack of all trades, blending graphic design, video, audio, web, and interactive into what could be one grand showpiece.

I feel that we should go forward with this, but again, I also feel that we should take our time and do a damn good job, something to be proud of, and represent the community as a whole in a positive light.

~Proff~

pyewacket
October 29th, 2009, 11:46 AM
I'm far too shy to volunteer to participate directly (I wouldn't want to be interviewed or anything, I'm sure that there are many other individuals who can explain themselves far better than I can) but if there is any other way that I can contribute... I'd be all for it!

Savage
October 29th, 2009, 11:57 AM
Okay. I can actually write a good enough script to make it a marketable project and focus on issues that are interesting enough without needing to be sensationalized or sillified. I can do some narration and voice-over if desired, but certainly don't have to if you have better voice talents. Absolutely not willing to appear on camera.

The question is going to come down to time, equipment, budget and talent. I think we do have enough of a talent pool here, so it's a matter of equipment access, production costs and time.

Howlerwolf
October 29th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I'm totally behind you guys on this 100%. I'm not quite sure whether I would want to put my face on camera just yet (for professional reasons), however if there's any way I could possible share my experiences, or contribute in some part without having my identity made public I would easily volunteer.

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Well, also, for those who want to speak but don't want to be shown on camera, that's what B-roll is for. (B-roll...space taker. Good for doing voice over instead of showing face).

We're working on grants and stuff right now. I'm getting my first camera here soon. We can still get our hands on equipment, so that wouldn't be too hard. As of now I have a 3 person film crew, and all are therian. If anyone is actually interested I would like to try and get a proposal done so we can set up timelines, a script writer, interviews ETC. It will take a while to get everything filmed , edited, and put in context. I would love to try and do this.

Aislin
October 29th, 2009, 12:31 PM
Well, also, for those who want to speak but don't want to be shown on camera, that's what B-roll is for. (B-roll...space taker. Good for doing voice over instead of showing face).

We're working on grants and stuff right now. I'm getting my first camera here soon. We can still get our hands on equipment, so that wouldn't be too hard. As of now I have a 3 person film crew, and all are therian. If anyone is actually interested I would like to try and get a proposal done so we can set up timelines, a script writer, interviews ETC. It will take a while to get everything filmed , edited, and put in context. I would love to try and do this.

I am on this three person team and I would like to say that we are serious about this and that this something that we really want to do. I feel that this something that needs to be done considering that what has been show about us thus far has been making us all look like a bunch of raving idiots that have a severe physiological disorder.

So on that note I don't know about everyone, but I vote that we put together our own documentary to show who we all really are.

~I didn't intend to sound mean about what I said it just meant to be blunt and to the point.~

PhelanVelvel
October 29th, 2009, 12:53 PM
I'm all about this and would certainly help in any way I can if help is needed, despite being incredibly new to the community. Doubtless it will take a while to really put together and execute, but great works often do take time. :P

KallistoNire
October 29th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Gah, I hate to all actor-y, but I have a lot of experience in front of a camera, and doing voice-work, if you need me to. I can even send a CV! :D

Savage
October 29th, 2009, 02:27 PM
Realistically some forms of participation may be geographically limited to where studio equipment is available.

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 02:31 PM
That is also true. I am in South Carolina and am willing to travel as needed and as funds permit. Mini-vans rock when carrying equipment

Rohdwolf
October 29th, 2009, 02:56 PM
I'm supportive of this idea. However, every good documentary should have a few sources behind it, but it would be even better if you could have some research done to back up certain facts (i.e. overlap with autistic spectrum in the community, etc). Some can easily be done with a survey, but some facts will need more thorough research.

therianthropy is such a big subject that the basics alone may take up a few hours to document properly, but I suppose that'll become clear when the idea starts rolling.

Dragonslorefury
October 29th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Well I'm in th U.k. so couldn't be filmed anyways (probably not at least) but I'm more than willing to do a voice interview ^_^

(What I meant with the bigger girl thing is that people may watch and think "lolz therians are fatsos!". Personally I have no problem with bigger girls or appearing in the media in any other setting but I don't want a bunch of retards making that steriotypical claim because of my apperacne. >_<)

Savage
October 29th, 2009, 03:01 PM
I'm supportive of this idea. However, every good documentary should have a few sources behind it, but it would be even better if you could have some research done to back up certain facts (i.e. overlap with autistic spectrum in the community, etc). Some can easily be done with a survey, but some facts will need more thorough research.

Yes and no. I can compile sufficient statistics from Werelist and Merticus' survey project to be interesting, but we cannot present them as conclusive, merely interesting and potentially suggestive of profitable avenues of exploration with better tools.

therianthropy is such a big subject that the basics alone may take up a few hours to document properly, but I suppose that'll become clear when the idea starts rolling.

No, it really can be done effectively in a shorter time. It's just a matter of tightening up the script.

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 03:02 PM

I've already started on some research. The more that people can help out the better.

Savage
October 29th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Here's a thought. Read this article: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/features/internet-animation-draw-it-yourself-1810365.html and check out some of the links. We will need some "filler space" where people who cannot appear on camera are doing voice-overs. I would also suggest at least one "sexy" animated sequence, tastefully done, that involves a visual transformation of overlapping human to animal features with a voiceover about myth, legend and lore and how it differs from the reality of therianthropy.

Basically we need to be playing the same marketing game as the popular media does in order to make it interesting and appealing and reach a wider audience. It needs to have some visual appeal. We just stop short of being exploitative or dumbing the subject matter down to the point of inaccuracy. I think we can do it right, and still make a documentary that people will find attractive and fun to watch.

Hermit
October 29th, 2009, 03:36 PM
This is something I would love to help with. However, I doubt I could be of very much use. Not sure if I have a face for film, nor the voice for radio. But, if needed, I would be more than happy to help in any way that I could do so.

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 03:37 PM
For those who are interested please check out Project Pawprint and let us know what you think. We cannot get it off the ground with out your help and input.

Also, Savage that shouldn't be too hard to pull off. Animating takes a while but if done tastefully could really help out. I'll talk to my mate about that.

Savage
October 29th, 2009, 03:49 PM
The Project Pawprint forum doesn't exist yet, but it will, as a sub-forum of Media. Patience, Grasshopper. :D

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 03:57 PM
The Project Pawprint forum doesn't exist yet, but it will, as a sub-forum of Media. Patience, Grasshopper. :D
I didn't mean that. *belly on the ground* I meant the thread. Should have clarified that.

Elidolente
October 29th, 2009, 04:28 PM

What sort of equipment you guys going to buy? have you all heard of the RED camera?

http://www.red.com/

very inexpensive digital video camera, it comes with high recommendations from high profile film makers like Peter Jackson, go ahead and red up on it if you want too. It could save you a lot of money and a lot of work getting a RED camera than a regular one.

(Also, I do not mean to sound like an advertisement and in no way benefit from the sale of any RED cameras. I love film however and do a lot of research on it and current industry. I recommend this as a high quality and inexpensive option for small film makers, and I want too see you guys succeed in your endeavors especially if it helps out the community)

Good luck all, hope this goes somewhere, i will offer any sort of things I can offer. I know digital imaging and design and some other technical stuff and some mediocre film and filming knowledge. I really cant help with those skills xD though I am not the worst researcher in the world. If you need information on a particular subject with wish to cover but either dont have the time or will to find it, go ahead and email me with my address on my page if this starts happening. Thank you.

Savage
October 29th, 2009, 04:30 PM
Here's another thought. Make an arrangement to get the unused footage from the crew that shot Eris Lobo and WVZ. If they are an independent production company, they may be pretty happy to find *any* market for unused footage.

Dragonslorefury
October 29th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Yeah I think that'd be a really good idea... seeing as we probably won't be able to do EKGs and all that Jazz.

KittyVel
October 29th, 2009, 04:54 PM
This sounds like an awesome project, and I'm 100&#37; for it. I'd be willing to help in any way I can, though I have extreme stage fright when I'm put on the spot. I could probably do an interview (though I'm very new to the community) but I'd be very nervous and would probably m-shift and/or phantom shift during it...That seems to happen a lot when I'm speaking in front of people. >.>

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 04:57 PM
I can get my hands on Sony Mini DV cameras. I prefer to use Mini DVs over Hard Drive and SD memory card cameras. I am hoping to get some hand helds and 1 large shouldered camera. I am trying to get a grant for filming, so if anyone knows a grant writer please send them my way.
I'm looking at the SunDance Grant right now. If its an Independent film, deals with a minority or issue, and is in Production you're eligible for the grand. (No you don't have to be in the film festival).

I've added it up, I'm hoping over time, not just with this project but with my Television show, I will need about $8 grand in equipment.

Lenowill
October 29th, 2009, 05:11 PM
If I can get in touch with Eris again in the near future I will ask if she's all right with us contacting the group and peeking into her footage to try to use it to compile something better than what The History Channel did.

WVZ may see this anyway in his regular browsing and could tell us about his end of it too. :-) If not I'll ask him next time I email him.

They might be helpful/necessary for us to be able to get at the footage depending on the scruples of the company in question. And it's respectful for us to ask the interviewees anyway. :-)

My main skills are as a writer and editor/proofreader. Although screenwriting isn't my expertise, I might be able to be of some use in some aspect of it. I'm not that big on traveling (am in Kentucky) but might be able to make it to an interview that's close, or be interviewed indirectly through some other means. It would depend on if I had anything particularly good to contribute for it, I would reckon. I could talk about how it affects me as a creative person/writer and other aspects of my life, for instance.

WolfVanZandt
October 29th, 2009, 05:55 PM
I have no problems with using the footage. In fact, I'm wondering if they used any of what they had taken up to my interview, which I thought was their last segment. Seems a waste to just dump it.

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 05:56 PM
I have no problems with using the footage. In fact, I'm wondering if they used any of what they had taken up to my interview, which I thought was their last segment. Seems a waste to just dump it.
I didn't see you Wolf. I looked. THough I'm glad after watching what they did, that you weren't on there.

WolfVanZandt
October 29th, 2009, 06:00 PM
Indeed, I had friends around Selma watching it and, along with being rather offended by the portrayal (which I still haven't seen) they also didn't see me - so I'm pretty sure they didn't use any of that footage.

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 06:11 PM
Indeed, I had friends around Selma watching it and, along with being rather offended by the portrayal (which I still haven't seen) they also didn't see me - so I'm pretty sure they didn't use any of that footage.
The one they did use they portrayed horribly. They used bad footage, shown lights in her eyes...it was rude and just a bad portrayal.

cheetah
October 29th, 2009, 07:36 PM
Speaking of the missing footage, it would be interesting to put it on a Project Pawprint site so people could see what the History Channel did. Hey, we might even get a formal apology out of them, if we're lucky.

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 07:47 PM
I wish Cheetah that would be great. I have web-space and might actually do that. I'm considering it.

Aislin
October 29th, 2009, 08:26 PM
Speaking of the missing footage, it would be interesting to put it on a Project Pawprint site so people could see what the History Channel did. Hey, we might even get a formal apology out of them, if we're lucky.

That would be awesome to do.

It would also be great if the History Channel would apologize, but I doubt that we could get one out of them. Again though...it would be nice.

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 08:29 PM
That would be awesome to do.

It would also be great if the History Channel would apologize, but I doubt that we could get one out of them. Again though...it would be nice.
I mean this as a joke:

There is always Black Mail for deformation of character of a minority.

RKCoon
October 30th, 2009, 02:29 AM
Sooo let me get this straight - you folks want to film yourselves on the interwebs talking about being a therian, yes? The same interwebs, for example, that your future bosses may just happen to look at when considering your resume, perhaps?

Your asking for trouble.... (this from the kin specializing in getting into - and out of - trouble.)

PhelanVelvel
October 30th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Sooo let me get this straight - you folks want to film yourselves on the interwebs talking about being a therian, yes? The same interwebs, for example, that your future bosses may just happen to look at when considering your resume, perhaps?

Your asking for trouble.... (this from the kin specializing in getting into - and out of - trouble.)

@_@ There is such a thing as anonymity. Some people have no problem with openly expressing their therianthropy, and have jobs/careers that don't necessarily conflict. Others may indeed prefer to remain anonymous, which is easily accomplished. At any rate, I don't think Analae and her team would be undertaking this if they had an issue with being affiliated with such a project. It's what they do (making films), if I'm not mistaken. Besides, even if they didn't want to explicitly state THEY were therians, they wouldn't have to. It's covering a topic. Example: You don't have to be a vegetarian to produce a programme/documentary about vegetarians. And all of the "vegetarians" interviewed could remain anonymous. :P

Rohdwolf
October 30th, 2009, 03:15 AM

You're entitled to your own opinion of course, but so far it seems that those volunteering to help out either anonymously (or not) know exactly what they're doing.

With information being so freely available nowadays there's no chance you can hide anymore and since the current media coverage on therianthropy that chance will become smaller and smaller. Best thing to do is provide information rather than sit back and watch the media twist things out of shape in a sensational way. What's more they can easily find people who are willing to share extraordinary claims to help them with that.

Ashen
October 30th, 2009, 04:02 AM

I would rather have my future boss and family see a documented project produced by therians so that done professionally and in the correct way, employers wouldn't be able to discriminate against therians because there would be a film of evidence that being a therian doesn't effect the ability to do a job. and at any rate it's a hell of a lot better than someone hearing about therianthropy and thinking we're total wackos or goat urine drinkers. I put this message out a few other forums as well, I believe this is a huge step for the therian community and every member's opinion is a valid one...I understand not wanting exposer, I don't really want therians to be in the lime light but the sad facts they are, furries are old news and with all the paranormal and shape shifting movies coming out I don't want us to end up being labeled crazy rpers... I don't believe therianthropy is a religion but it is a spiritual lifestyle that we as therians have no choice over, and we can no longer choose to remain hidden or we risk everyone that doesn't know about us to create their own assumptions for most humans assumptions = stupidity

Kyte
October 30th, 2009, 08:41 AM
In all honest everyone above me has said everything I would have. I agree with them. Those who do not want to step forward do not have to. No one is being Forced to comply with this, it is a choice.

moonwolf
October 30th, 2009, 02:47 PM
Please let me offer any assistance I can with this project: it is something I heartily wish to see come to pass. Whatever may be asked of me, I will try. But I have a question: how is this project being funded? Is that something I have missed in the discussion so far? I know many will donate their efforts and talents toward this film, but it would seem that there will need to be some amount of money going into this to do it right.

Kyte
October 30th, 2009, 02:57 PM
Please let me offer any assistance I can with this project: it is something I heartily wish to see come to pass. Whatever may be asked of me, I will try. But I have a question: how is this project being funded? Is that something I have missed in the discussion so far? I know many will donate their efforts and talents toward this film, but it would seem that there will need to be some amount of money going into this to do it right.
As of right now, this is being funded out of mine and my mate's pockets. Any help with funding would be great. I am hoping to set up a "need guide", so people can see what we are needing funds for at the moment. This would be through Paypal. I'm also looking at maybe calling this a NON-Profit work because there is alot of funding for Organizations like that, and I'm not doing this for money, I'm doing it for the community.
Yes, money will be needed, but that will be coming, I want to know what to ask for before I just jump in and say "MONEY!"

Agita
October 30th, 2009, 07:15 PM
You don't understand just how much I want you guys to ACTUALLY DO THIS! So many times I've seen a 'let's make a film/comic/novel' thread and it's fizzled out miserably. I live in the UK but I can offer voiceovers (in a variety of accents and languages^^) write scripts and tape interview material and email it over. I'm no saying it because I want my paws all over it, but simply because I wat to see this happen, should there be any shortage of material. I wanna help! I also dabble in graphic design, and my mother is a freelance graphic designer and is working at a film studio.

Let us band together, my bretheren!!!!! (*cough*)

GestaltZe
October 30th, 2009, 07:38 PM
I would love to be a part of this. Perhaps not the planning so much, but I'd love to be on camera or microphone. I know I'm young and inexperienced, but perhaps someone else could review and cut the video to the parts where I don't misrepresent the community...? xD

Kyte
October 30th, 2009, 07:46 PM
You don't understand just how much I want you guys to ACTUALLY DO THIS! So many times I've seen a 'let's make a film/comic/novel' thread and it's fizzled out miserably. I live in the UK but I can offer voiceovers (in a variety of accents and languages^^) write scripts and tape interview material and email it over. I'm no saying it because I want my paws all over it, but simply because I wat to see this happen, should there be any shortage of material. I wanna help! I also dabble in graphic design, and my mother is a freelance graphic designer and is working at a film studio.

Let us band together, my bretheren!!!!! (*cough*)
That would be great Agita. IF you could find a way to film a few fellow UK therians and send it to us we could use it. That would be great and doable. ^.^

Agita
October 30th, 2009, 07:53 PM
I have a tiger who literally lives across the road from me... *schemes*

moonwolf
October 31st, 2009, 01:54 PM
As of right now, this is being funded out of mine and my mate's pockets. Any help with funding would be great. I am hoping to set up a "need guide", so people can see what we are needing funds for at the moment. This would be through Paypal. I'm also looking at maybe calling this a NON-Profit work because there is alot of funding for Organizations like that, and I'm not doing this for money, I'm doing it for the community.
Yes, money will be needed, but that will be coming, I want to know what to ask for before I just jump in and say "MONEY!"

That is good to hear. I had asked because I would like to donate, even though it won't be much. Surely there are many here who feel the same way. A lot of little amounts would add up to hopefully something substantial for your work. Yes, calling it a non-profit would seem appropriate and helpful.

Agita
October 31st, 2009, 02:18 PM
I understand that us minors cannot be filmed for several reaons, and Savage mentioned that film scores would be used for music, but would animal sound effects be anyway useful for the background music? Rather than using stock sound effects? Not everyone can make the noise of their theriotype, but some can and feel it to be a very natural or even enjoyable thing. Not to sound roleplay-ish, but I think it'd be a nice, more personal touch. That an okay idea?

Savage
October 31st, 2009, 02:47 PM
I understand that us minors cannot be filmed for several reaons, and Savage mentioned that film scores would be used for music, but would animal sound effects be anyway useful for the background music? Rather than using stock sound effects? Not everyone can make the noise of their theriotype, but some can and feel it to be a very natural or even enjoyable thing. Not to sound roleplay-ish, but I think it'd be a nice, more personal touch. That an okay idea?

Probably, if you can get it professionally recorded and mastered. If you're talking about growling and barking into a $29.99 digital microphone you got from Best Buy, not so much.

I speak big cat pretty fluently, and *if* can get access to professional level recording equipment, I could record a dialogue between myself and some actual big cats. My sticking point is no recording equipment.

Kyte
October 31st, 2009, 02:55 PM
It would definately be interesting. It would be usable most likely and doable. You would need to use something like a shotgun mic or an omi directional mic though

That is good to hear. I had asked because I would like to donate, even though it won't be much. Surely there are many here who feel the same way. A lot of little amounts would add up to hopefully something substantial for your work. Yes, calling it a non-profit would seem appropriate and helpful.

Any little bit helps.

Werewolf of Waldorf
November 1st, 2009, 04:02 PM
I breezed through some of the later pages, so forgive me if this was already posted: I don't have much time these few week, and for the next 3 or so weeks for a 6-week mini-class at college! >.<

I would have no problem driving down to South Carolina for anything for a day or two, hopefully with SerpentineZebra, my mate. We live in the DC Metropolitan area. I am a photgraphy buff, and have a hobbiest's skills with photo-editing, so I would be glad to interject where possible, IF possible. I have 2 friends, non-therian, who would also make very good interview-ees, if permissible. One of them is very photogenic....VERY photogenic...

Email me if you want anything (On my user's page). OH, speaking of the DC area, I could host some interviews for the locals here, and just mail them down to you on DVD if you want, Analae? I've got a decent enough computer for video-editing and such, and could always borrow a college camera, or use the recording studio here. Again, email me with any questions or details. Got to go back to work!!

SerpentineZebra
November 1st, 2009, 04:11 PM
To add to what Waldorf said, we have at least four friends that are in some way involved in film, including film editing. It would be great if we could enlist them to help.

As for the sound effects and/or music, I would be okay with that, although music would be better for if one wished to record me in a ph- or m-shift; cobras do not make much noise save for hissing, and that's only if they are excited. I can somewhat simulate this noise on my own, however.

Kyte
November 1st, 2009, 10:43 PM
To add to what Waldorf said, we have at least four friends that are in some way involved in film, including film editing. It would be great if we could enlist them to help.

As for the sound effects and/or music, I would be okay with that, although music would be better for if one wished to record me in a ph- or m-shift; cobras do not make much noise save for hissing, and that's only if they are excited. I can somewhat simulate this noise on my own, however.
What programs do they use for editing and what file format do they save as? .mov etc
I use Final Cut Pro and Premier for editing and Proff does too. We also use After Effects.

Werewolf of Waldorf
November 2nd, 2009, 12:19 AM
Our one friend, nicknamed "Crab" uses Adobe's Premier, and there may be one friend at our college that is familiar with Final Cut in our Mac lab. I've tinkered with Premier, but I'm clueless nowadays.

night.rain
November 2nd, 2009, 03:01 AM
I'm willing to help out in any way possible, just let me know what you could use help with! I'll be pretty busy the rest of this semester, but I will sure do what I can. I think this is a really great idea; the community needs something like this to show we are not crazy or just making this stuff up for fun.

EDIT: I guess I should mention that I was a visual communications major for three years (then I switched to studio art hehe), but as a result I've taken quite a few graphic design classes as well as a motion graphics class.