PDA

View Full Version : Project Pawprint

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Proposal: I am wanting to do a documentary on the therian community. All of them that have even mentioned therians so far have seemed to just be embarrassing to the community and I want to rectify that.
Therians need to get what we are out there and show people that NO we aren't crazy people.

I am hoping to get a forum under Media to actually get people's input, ideas, and actually have the therian community help get this off the ground. I also think this would help keeping this Just in the community for now. Also, it would also help keep it in one area and would be a big help getting ideas.

FAQ: Timeline: I am looking at this entire project taking about 2 years from start to finish. I would hope this to be done October of 2011.

Style: Documentary that explains what therianism is, how the community is, what is "shifting", etc.

What I need help with: I would be looking for ideas, but the big thing I am asking everyone right now is this: If you were watching this as a non-therian, what would you want to see? If you were watching this as a therian what would you want to see?

I am looking for a name of the "film" also, would this be better cut up into small episodes and shown online only? Or a 1 or 2 hour documentary to be shown on the television?

Would you be willing to help out? If yes, how? Would you be a guest on the "show" or just want to help advertising or other things.

(I hope I did this right)

Savage
October 29th, 2009, 02:51 PM
The suggestion I asked Analae to make here was to create a subforum under Media for communication with regards to this project. So we're kicking the idea around before I just go and do it.

Aislin
October 29th, 2009, 03:14 PM
I think that this is a good idea. I would be glad to help out.

As far as what I would like to see, would be more information about therianthropy.

But as a therian I would like to more about the community, and "who" we are.

elinox
October 29th, 2009, 03:50 PM
The intention is great and exciting and I would happily watch such a program, but a word of caution: not everyone who identifies as a therian wants to be in the public eye. So is it wise to plan such a huge project if a lot of therians don't want family or friends or co-workers to know about their therianthropy? Such a creative project would put us out there for everyone to see and I'm not sure if we're ready for that yet.

I agree that eventually therians are going to become more mainstream, more in the media, etc. and that taking the reins on how this happens is important so it it's done right. However the project idea makes me nervous simply because once its out there, that's it, it on display for all the world to see. Are we sure the world't ready for us? And are we ready for the world?

I know I'm not ready for everyone to know I'm a wolf therian. But as soon as people who know me see this thing (if it's aired on TV) it's not hard to draw the conclusion on how I identify myself. And shouldn't that be something I decide to tell/not tell them? So while it would be helpful to have the correct info out there, therianthropy is a very personal thing and that should also be kept in mind with this project idea.

Just concerns to keep in mind. Obviously, I will try to help as much as possible. To make sure it's done right. ;)

Savage
October 29th, 2009, 03:59 PM
The intention is great and exciting and I would happily watch such a program, but a word of caution: not everyone who identifies as a therian wants to be in the public eye. So is it wise to plan such a huge project if a lot of therians don't want family or friends or co-workers to know about their therianthropy? Such a creative project would put us out there for everyone to see and I'm not sure if we're ready for that yet.

Anyone who doesn't want the publicity would be advised to participate if at all only in ways that preserved their anonymity. That's what I'll be doing. If I speak on camera at all, I'll be doing it through an animated avatar and using a voice changer. There are animation programs that let you do this.

If you mean "let's keep therianthropy a secret", it's kinda too late for that, and not a good idea in any case.

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 04:02 PM
I am willing to help people get what they want said out there without having them seen if they do not wish to be. I understand the affects it could have on your family, life, and even others that know you. Some are open about their therianthropy, others are not.
It will be helpful to get those that are willing to speak to speak and those that are not ready yet to give helpful input in other ways.

CallistoWolf
October 29th, 2009, 04:03 PM
I think the project would be a good idea, might help bring the community together some, and could use its own forum to allow an easy place for the input to be compiled.

Aislin
October 29th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Anyone who doesn't want the publicity would be advised to participate if at all only in ways that preserved their anonymity. That's what I'll be doing. If I speak on camera at all, I'll be doing it through an animated avatar and using a voice changer. There are animation programs that let you do this.

If you mean "let's keep therianthropy a secret", it's kinda too late for that, and not a good idea in any case.

I agree with Savage. Those who don't want their identity to be know there are ways to cover for that. And if you don't want to participate or talk on camera you don't have to. It is YOUR choice to be known or not to be known.

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 04:34 PM
I also looked it up. Those who want to at least have voice on the "show" can send it over the computer. I have a way to record talks and sound through IP. AKA VOIP (Voice over IP) Or even through Voice Chat. We'll get it all worked out.

elinox
October 29th, 2009, 04:41 PM

Absolutely not! Besides, as you said Savage, we're already "out there". I just mean more mainstream. Ask some random person on the street what therianthropy is and you'll most likely get a funny look. Ask someone what a werewolf is and they immediately know the term. After this project gets aired (again, I'm assuming on TV) everyone who watches it will know what therianthropy is, or at least have a basic understanding of it. And depending on the demographic, that same person who didn't know about it before will afterwards. It's good to educate people and who better to than the community who it affects.

All I'm saying is that this needs to be done carefully. Careful that it's done objectively and educationally, not in a cheesy/dangerous light like how the History channel and Animal Planet have portrayed us in the past. It's a great idea for the community itself to take on, we just need to be cautious, that's all.

Vikaryous
October 29th, 2009, 04:53 PM
All I'm saying is that this needs to be done carefully. Careful that it's done objectively and educationally, not in a cheesy/dangerous light like how the History channel and Animal Planet have portrayed us in the past. It's a great idea for the community itself to take on, we just need to be cautious, that's all.

I think it's safe to assume that if the community is taking this project upon itself, the portrayal will be pretty spot-on. What would be the purpose of giving ourselves bad press?

I can see your point on personal exposure though. I've told three people, and I'm not planning on telling anyone else. I would contribute on the process on developing the film, or advertising it, or whatever, but I am not terribly interested in being a part of it, except for maybe a voice clip or something similar

terrorwolf
October 29th, 2009, 05:07 PM
Careful is my middle name (Well... not really)
I present to you questions to ask yourself before you even remotely think about doing this:

What background/training do you have in documentary film making?
What slant are you persuing here? Spiritual, psychological, etc.?
Are you prepared to invest serious money into this project or look for investors?
How is the documentary going to flow? Chronlogically, thought-wise, etc.
Are you prepared to deal with differing view points? If so, HOW will you handle them?
Are you prepared to retain legal counsel for the purposes of contracts, licensing, copyrights, etc.?
Are you prepared to devote major amounts of time, frustration, and pain/suffering/emotions into this?
Do you plan on shopping this out to networks? Small-time production companies?

Basically these questions are presented to get the OPs feel to how serious they will be with this. To do this right, one really needs to be quite serious. Most of these questions are QUITE important for an online thing and something done on video.

~TW

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 05:13 PM
What background/training do you have in documentary film making?Yes...that was my college career. So does all my crew.
What slant are you persuing here? Spiritual, psychological, etc.? I am looking to explain spiritual, mental, and physical sides.
Are you prepared to invest serious money into this project or look for investors? I am looking for investors and grants. You don;t have to have $20,000 to make something look good if you have the know how and equipment.
How is the documentary going to flow? Chronlogically, thought-wise, etc. Thoughtwise. I'm working on a time-line now.
Are you prepared to deal with differing view points? If so, HOW will you handle them?That is still up in the air. It will have to be dealt with because no one person sees the exact same thing.
Are you prepared to retain legal counsel for the purposes of contracts, licensing, copyrights, etc.?I have alot of the paperwork already worked out and in the process of a business license. Depending on how it is shown and supplied to the public would decide on the paperwork needed.
Are you prepared to devote major amounts of time, frustration, and pain/suffering/emotions into this?I am used to it. I'm working on a TV show as of now, so it won't be much different.
Do you plan on shopping this out to networks? Small-time production companies?I already have contacts with local networks, such as PBS, and I own a small time production company, and have people for every part of the process.

terrorwolf
October 29th, 2009, 05:14 PM
You definitely have yourself an impressive CV there :)
Best of luck. (Which PBS affiliate may I ask?)

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 05:17 PM
I work with Ghost Hunters (NOT TAPS!) and have contact through them. PBS is desperate for new material and will take just about anything right now. I am working on a show about Myths, Legends, and the Unknown.
I wasn't going to try and take on the project, especially something like this if I didn't think I could pull it off.

SouthPaw
October 29th, 2009, 05:28 PM
Who is the audience for this project?

Knowing that will dictate what the goals should be and what bullet points need to be hit in the documentary. If your hope is to create something that transcends the previous crap documentaries produced for mainstream tv, then you're going to have to make some decisions about how to get through to that audience.

If you want to explain therianthropy properly to mainstreamers and convince them that being a Therian and being insane is not mutually inclusive ( which sounds like the intention ), then you're going to have to present visual evidence, in addition to any factual data. They will need to see proof of sanity in Therians. Individuals going about their daily routines, with their therianthropy imposing various degrees of influence on their lives.

You will have to show that Therians have the same gripes and pressures as anyone else. You will have to show that they also deal with the same relationship issues with friends and family. They pay the same bills and taxes every year, they vote, they get married, raise and nurtur kids, and get divorced like everyone else. They have personal hang ups and they have profound accomplishments that may or may not benefit society.

They have a strong sense of community both online and offline. Depending on the situation, their therianthropy can be either a benefit or a crutch in their lifestyle.

Ideally you should pick interview subjects who demonstrate a range of character in the social spectrum - highschool, college, blue collar, white collar, different income levels. I think your biggest hurdle won't be production itself, so much as getting volunteers to expose themselves to the publicity...

----

On a side note, you might consider additional avenues of getting the message out that involve a combination of production and marketing. Youtube is already a great way for people to present their own voice. People are using the site now to speak out for and against therianthropy and Otherkin, but most cases are presented unprofessionally. Youtube might offer an inexpensive start at voicing some information.

Obviously, web forums are already being taken advantage of to spread information, but where is THE portal that mainstreamers can go to for a crash course in "Therianthropy and What It's About" whenever the urge suits them? A friendly, inviting, no-obligation site, specifically designed for the purpose of providing information to anyone who seeks it - not far removed from an encyclopedia. Where parents and their children, friends, family, and coworkers can point others to when a person's therianthropy is suspected or discovered. Where anyone can be formally educated with some objective courtesy.

Radio, podcasts, blogs, t-shirts, coffee mugs, novels, children's books, etc. Seriously. There are a lot of ways to market your message, but whatever you end up doing, make sure it all ties together. Post a link in your documentary film to a website, and plug the film on the site. Include links to youtube.

Build a strong, connected network of information that expands beyond the documentary, and make it very easy for mainstreamers to navigate through it. Consider appealing to and leaving an impression on youth today so they can establish a better understanding and respect for therianthropy in their years.

I'm rambling at this point, so I'll stop...

Arawn
October 29th, 2009, 05:34 PM
If I was watching this from a non-therian standpoint [which for the most part I am], I would want a clarification on the various shifting methods. But I would want the clarification so I don't come off thinking therians are crazy folks.

The same goes if I'm watching this from a therian/otherkin stand-point.

PhelanVelvel
October 29th, 2009, 05:39 PM
I would be happy to help out in any way I can, as I have previously stated. I would love to see something like this accomplished. If I were a non-therian, I would definitely want to have therianthropy explained to me in a clear and rational way, hear possible causes for it, as well as the ways in which different people experience it. Sort of the same attitude as when you explain it to a friend in real life and you do your best to seem the least insane that you possibly can, while remaining truthful...

If it's done properly, I think therianthropy could be seen, for many viewers, as an interesting area of scientific/spiritual study, rather than something invented by a bunch of crazies. And people love that shit. I think a big documentary on television would be badass. You could definitely show it online, too, so it would be good to have it in both places, I think.

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Very good points SouthPaw. I didn't think you were rambling.

Agita
October 29th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Hell yeah. If anyone's going to release this kind of content, then surely it makes more sense for us to do it rather than mainstreamers to grab the nuttiest animal people they can find and end up saying, 'See, you've heard it from them, they are crazy!'

Rectifying, that is a good way to put it. Whatever you've seen on Animal Planet or whatever is flawed... here it is, the truth! Obviously no one is the almighty authority on therianthropy, but we can make a damned good effort at explaining it in a coherent way.

I would jump at the chance to give you an interview or whatever. I know I sound like an overexcited newbie-pup, but the material out there just doesn't satisfy me. I'd love there to be a program I can reference to help people understand and back myself up with.

If I was watchng as a therian I'd want it to be made absolutely clear that therians are not furries and therianthropy is more than liking an animal too much or whatever, but a deeply personal thing that is not a choice.

If I were watching as a non therian, I'd like to see the similarities and differences between therians and werewolves etc from both modern times and old literature.

cheetah
October 29th, 2009, 05:49 PM
I'll help if I can. I've heard enough of people thinking we're crazy, and making us out to be crazy- and if we can pull this off, it will be much harder to portray us as insane.

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 05:51 PM
I would jump at the chance to give you an interview or whatever. I know I sound like an overexcited newbie-pup, but the material out there just doesn't satisfy me. I'd love there to be a program I can reference to help people understand and back myself up with.

We can work something like that out, though it would have to be over the computer and recorded.

terrorwolf
October 29th, 2009, 06:25 PM
If you need any support (inter alia web space) please feel free to let WolfFriend or I know.

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 06:44 PM
If you need any support (inter alia web space) please feel free to let WolfFriend or I know.
that would be great. My mate made a chat of it. Might have everyone interested get on there one day. chat.themiraclestudio.com. This is temporary as of now, but will soon hopefully be getting it moved.

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 07:14 PM
I have made a chat on mibbit for Project Pawprint

#PawPrint Feel free to stop by to give some ideas or concerns. I will hopefully be holding a chat soon for just such an occasion.

Thanks Kumiho

Aislin
October 29th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Hell yeah. If anyone's going to release this kind of content, then surely it makes more sense for us to do it rather than mainstreamers to grab the nuttiest animal people they can find and end up saying, 'See, you've heard it from them, they are crazy!'

Rectifying, that is a good way to put it. Whatever you've seen on Animal Planet or whatever is flawed... here it is, the truth! Obviously no one is the almighty authority on therianthropy, but we can make a damned good effort at explaining it in a coherent way.

If I was watchng as a therian I'd want it to be made absolutely clear that therians are not furries and therianthropy is more than liking an animal too much or whatever, but a deeply personal thing that is not a choice.

If I were watching as a non therian, I'd like to see the similarities and differences between therians and werewolves etc from both modern times and old literature.

Agita has made a very good point. I'm sure that none of us want to be portrayed as a bunch of crazy people. Its disapionting that we are viewd as such, but i belive that, if,but I know we ARE going to do this that it help with the way we are seen, and the reactions that friends, parents, and other family members or even coworkers would have if we were to choose to tell them.

Ashen
October 29th, 2009, 09:07 PM
Analae thank you for taking up this project, I'll offer up any interview you need, I'll organize my thoughts on what needs/should to be covered and post it later, I have to go make dinner, so much has happened with this project in such a short time. I don't have much video/computer knowledge but have a jvc home camera.

This could be the main forum for the project but maybe as it develops a site of it's own would be good.

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 09:14 PM
Analae thank you for taking up this project, I'll offer up any interview you need, I'll organize my thoughts on what needs/should to be covered and post it later, I have to go make dinner, so much has happened with this project in such a short time. I don't have much video/computer knowledge but have a jvc home camera.

This could be the main forum for the project but maybe as it develops a site of it's own would be good.
We can expand. My husband Prophet has already volunteered. Thank you Proff for your rant last night.

Thank you Ashen. Any help would be great. When you move to TN you shouldn't be too far away.

Prophet
October 29th, 2009, 09:37 PM
As I said in earlier posts (somewhere up the line, I think) I've got as much room as we need and am ready AND willing to get a site up and running. Before we do though, we need to think about the marketability of something like this. The most important thing so far would be naming this current project (again, somewhere up the line already in another section). Animal Planet had the right idea at least in parts when they promoted the fiasco that came on earlier this week. They maketed it as "We'rewolves" or something to that extent and did a lot of hush hush on the whole project up until they released it (at which point nobody could hardly remember what it was supposed to be anyways). I guess what I'm getting at is that they had a good promotional start back in the summer with catchy logos and an enticing story (good), but it wasn't WELL promoted and kinda faded out (not good)

Also, we need a central point around which to focus our efforts as far as what we're trying to explain here. Yes, we all have different ideas and concepts about what exactly therianthropy is, and indeed we all have different ideas about everything from religion to politics. What I'm getting at is that we need to really strip away all the fluff (pardon the expression ;) ) and get right down to answering the basic question of "what is a therian" or "what does it MEAN to be a therian?"

Like I said, I'll be happy to put the site up and host it, but I'd also like to include a section where anyone from the community could upload photos, documents, video, audio . . . anything that they feel we might be able to put to good use.

My greatest hope in this project is that we will all get a little closer as a community, and at the same time make it easier for anyone out there who would like to talk about their therianthropy with their families. My family is VERY close minded and also VERY church oriented. It was never easy for me to talk about who and what I am, and so I never did. It is one of my great regrets in life, and I hope that this project will make it easier for those who are wanting to talk to the ones they care about the most.

~Proff~

Ashen
October 29th, 2009, 10:29 PM
My greatest hope in this project is that we will all get a little closer as a community, and at the same time make it easier for anyone out there who would like to talk about their therianthropy with their families. My family is VERY close minded and also VERY church oriented. It was never easy for me to talk about who and what I am, and so I never did. It is one of my great regrets in life, and I hope that this project will make it easier for those who are wanting to talk to the ones they care about the most.

~Proff~

Exactly ... my family is the same and while I'm sure they suspect I still have those 'wolf' feelings they didn't understand while I was growing up and have since had the i'm not catholic I'm pagan talk with them but never dared bring up therianthropy... when I first heard of the radio interview I thought maybe this will be a good example to be able to open up to my family and then point to something and say here you can do the research yourself, there are others like me, it's not just my imagination. I hope too that this will help people be a little more accepting.

SerpentineZebra
October 31st, 2009, 03:25 PM
Personally, I'd like to get involved. I don't know what specifically I can do other than offer an interview, but you see, as a terribly under-represented minority - a reptile therian - I feel that I should contribute. The automatic assumption is often that most or all therians are wolves or other mammals. While it is not entirely inaccurate, the diversity of the community should be emphasized rather than having it portrayed as being "wolves and one or two anomalies", not to say that the project is doing that, but it is an easy trap to fall in to. This cobra therian is very willing to give a voice to the oft-forgotten snakes, lizards, crocodiles, turtles, and other reptiles.

Kyte
October 31st, 2009, 03:28 PM
Personally, I'd like to get involved. I don't know what specifically I can do other than offer an interview, but you see, as a terribly under-represented minority - a reptile therian - I feel that I should contribute. The automatic assumption is often that most or all therians are wolves or other mammals. While it is not entirely inaccurate, the diversity of the community should be emphasized rather than having it portrayed as being "wolves and one or two anomalies", not to say that the project is doing that, but it is an easy trap to fall in to. This cobra therian is very willing to give a voice to the oft-forgotten snakes, lizards, crocodiles, turtles, and other reptiles.
That would be a great help and it would also help by explaining and showing that not all therians are mammals. I can also get some Great B-roll of snakes both venemous and non-venomous.

SerpentineZebra
November 1st, 2009, 05:54 PM
What's "Great B-roll"?

Kyte
November 1st, 2009, 06:00 PM
What's "Great B-roll"?
Great B-Roll or even B-roll is excess footage. When you see the news or a show where they are showing, say a sport's game, and someone is talking but you can't see them...that is b-roll. It takes up space instead of just showing someone sitting in a chair talking.

SerpentineZebra
November 1st, 2009, 06:07 PM
Great B-Roll or even B-roll is excess footage. When you see the news or a show where they are showing, say a sport's game, and someone is talking but you can't see them...that is b-roll. It takes up space instead of just showing someone sitting in a chair talking.

Oh I see... that can work. I'm no film buff so I don't know most of this sort of stuff, lol.

Kyte
November 1st, 2009, 06:18 PM
Oh I see... that can work. I'm no film buff so I don't know most of this sort of stuff, lol.
Its okay. Most of the terms I sometimes forget.

Ryshili
December 13th, 2009, 11:33 PM
I know I strongly want to help out. Just tell me how, what, and when.

Kyte
December 14th, 2009, 11:34 AM
I know I strongly want to help out. Just tell me how, what, and when.
Glad to see another face interested in the project. That depends on what you want to help out with. I'll be glad to use all the help I can get at the moment.

Embericana
December 14th, 2009, 12:51 PM
I think it’s a great idea, but with the whole home ed war I'm facing I have lost hope in stuff like this working,
I might be wrong, and I am a less than encouraging person at the mo, but I think if people think we are crazy, showing them via documentary’s won’t change their mind, people that believe we are crazy will probably not be the ones who watch the documentary... Sorry, that wasn’t helpful :(
I just wanted to point that out, but please go for it none the less, I may be wrong, we may eventually get through to people, and if there is anything I can do I am more than happy to help despite my pessimistic views :D

Kyte
December 14th, 2009, 01:16 PM
You are not the only one who has those feelings Embericana. There are others that are truly ANTI-Projectpawprints. Everyone has their own opinions and feelings on everything, and I for one and excited to take this challenge. Even if it "doesn't get through" which I know is a very large possibility, I think it will still be great to have something that we, as a community, have brought to life and can have it, even if its just a reminder that there are others like us out there.
Also, the Therian Bible has a film coming out, and watching the trailer for that...makes us look like we are all part of a horribly made horror film. I want to put something out to undo what may come to pass because of her representation of all therians as a religion. There are many reasons for this project, and I am going in head first.

KarlyUnique
March 9th, 2010, 05:41 PM
I would love to help.
I could not appear on the film without parental permissions, considering I'm a minor but I would love to give my answers and opinions to things.

Kyte
March 9th, 2010, 05:44 PM
The only thing that I can really have a minor do is either help with the survey or submit art or a paper on views or something. Otherwise I would have to have a parental production talent release form signed plus a few other documents to cover my butt.

KarlyUnique
March 9th, 2010, 05:47 PM
I am taking the survey now, and am more than willing to help out with anything else.
I'm certain I could get parental permissions if needed, but that's more up to you considering you're the one who would have to get all the documents.

Although, if this isn't going to end until October 2011, I would be legal by then (my birthday is March 3rd, so I'd be eighteen for a few months before finish).

Kyte
March 9th, 2010, 05:51 PM
That might be better to wait until you are legal then. Might be a little easier legal wise. But we are accepting art for a front and back cover for the production book and essays on therianthrophy right now.

KarlyUnique
March 9th, 2010, 05:52 PM
I can probably write things up, I'm not the best of artists so trying to create a cover may not be the best idea for me, although I could probably come up with a concept that a better artist could do.

Kyte
March 9th, 2010, 05:56 PM
That's the joy of experimenting. ^.^ As the project comes closer to the completion date I will be needing more help for a lot of things. As of right now though I have most of the positions filled. ^.^

KarlyUnique
March 9th, 2010, 05:58 PM
Anything I can do to help, just alert me. I would LOVE to be a part of this, it seems like it could really change some views on us.

Kyte
March 9th, 2010, 06:00 PM
I am hoping for the better. Right now I'm dealing with both pro-pawprint and anti-pawprint people. Also, you are welcome to post ideas and feelings on the website as well at projectpawprint.com

Howard Leon AKA The Wolf
August 19th, 2010, 02:13 AM
Proposal: I am wanting to do a documentary on the therian community. All of them that have even mentioned therians so far have seemed to just be embarrassing to the community and I want to rectify that.
Therians need to get what we are out there and show people that NO we aren't crazy people.

I am hoping to get a forum under Media to actually get people's input, ideas, and actually have the therian community help get this off the ground. I also think this would help keeping this Just in the community for now. Also, it would also help keep it in one area and would be a big help getting ideas.

FAQ: Timeline: I am looking at this entire project taking about 2 years from start to finish. I would hope this to be done October of 2011.

Style: Documentary that explains what therianism is, how the community is, what is "shifting", etc.

What I need help with: I would be looking for ideas, but the big thing I am asking everyone right now is this: If you were watching this as a non-therian, what would you want to see? If you were watching this as a therian what would you want to see?

I am looking for a name of the "film" also, would this be better cut up into small episodes and shown online only? Or a 1 or 2 hour documentary to be shown on the television?

Would you be willing to help out? If yes, how? Would you be a guest on the "show" or just want to help advertising or other things.

(I hope I did this right)

Have you ever thought about not only talking about therians but maybe show the varies types of people there are related in it? I for one make music based off of wolves. There are some people around who have very interesting jobs as well as lives.

Also if you ever need to put in music my stuff can be heard at

http://www.myspace.com/projectwindigo

The official name of the project is The Way Of The Wolf but since this project is almost three years in the making, the final product has not fully been seen.

Agita
August 19th, 2010, 03:09 AM
Hmm... It's be good if we got some input from non therians that already support the community. You know, it shows that we don't just all live in a bubble or the documentary is all like 'us against the world!' You know, normal humans do think at least some of us aren't nuts.

RagdollTherian
October 3rd, 2010, 01:51 PM
I wonder why I've only just noticed this? Anyway, I think it rocks! It's still going, right...?

Kyte
October 3rd, 2010, 02:29 PM
Its still going. Ilrak and I are still finding ideas and ways to make this work with limited resources.

RagdollTherian
October 3rd, 2010, 11:14 PM
Okay, well, I really hope you guys can make it work!

Sol
February 19th, 2011, 03:23 AM
I've been checking on and off with this, and I'm wondering if this is still a working progress?

Zeno
February 19th, 2011, 06:35 PM
No. It's pretty much dead.

Kaikura
February 20th, 2011, 02:32 PM
Unfortunate. I was looking forward to seeing a documentary that's actually good for the therian community.

Sol
February 20th, 2011, 03:31 PM
How sad. It would have been interesting to see how the public would react. I guess it just wasn't time for that yet.

TheFenrir
February 21st, 2011, 10:13 PM
Wow, this sounds like a great idea! Especially being the only real media coverage we've had is on that "Weird, True, and freaky" thing on Animal planet where they made us look... well, lets leave it at not that great.

What I would love to see is to get focus on the general aspect of therianthropy as it differs for many, then after a general explanation go into the many different types. It would also be a good idea if you could find a couple therians for each individual type to talk about their experiences, how it affects their life, etc. I think that would be good for both therians and non therians. being that, for non-therians it gives a good educational bit, and for therians it would also show that there ARE others that are going through the same thing.

I would also suggest mentioning the community (such as werelist obviously ^-^)

Edit: I would also love to help out any way I could, sounds fun and good for the community!

Zeno
February 22nd, 2011, 12:33 AM
Wow, this sounds like a great idea! Especially being the only real media coverage we've had is on that "Weird, True, and freaky" thing on Animal planet where they made us look... well, lets leave it at not that great.

What I would love to see is to get focus on the general aspect of therianthropy as it differs for many, then after a general explanation go into the many different types. It would also be a good idea if you could find a couple therians for each individual type to talk about their experiences, how it affects their life, etc. I think that would be good for both therians and non therians. being that, for non-therians it gives a good educational bit, and for therians it would also show that there ARE others that are going through the same thing.

I would also suggest mentioning the community (such as werelist obviously ^-^)

Edit: I would also love to help out any way I could, sounds fun and good for the community!

If you read my above post you would know this project is dead, and has been, for a while. The leader of the project kind of...abandon it I guess.

TheFenrir
February 22nd, 2011, 05:11 PM
If you read my above post you would know this project is dead, and has been, for a while. The leader of the project kind of...abandon it I guess.

Oh damn, I just read the first post of it and replied :\. Thanks for the heads up.

Flenser
June 16th, 2011, 09:33 PM
Is a shame, of course it's a big project trying to take such an extremely diverse group of people and creatures and present it to someone who knows next to nothing on the subject. While we've gotten some black eyes in the past, Cat and Wolfpaw and Coyote did a fairly good job on Animal Imitators. We didn't come across as freaks; perhaps a bit eccentric but not dangerous or weird.

Seric Phriam
August 16th, 2011, 04:59 PM
What?! I just read the whole thing, she was so determined! What made her stop? Should she pick it up again, I would gladly contribute.

Astral
August 16th, 2011, 05:46 PM
I agree with Seric. I just found this thread and would participate.

cheetah
November 2nd, 2011, 08:35 PM
Anyone still interested in this?

KittyVel
November 2nd, 2011, 08:55 PM
I'm interested in at least seeing it make progress. I don't know how much I would be able to contribute to it, though.

Natsilani
November 13th, 2011, 08:33 AM
I would be. I wouldn't mind being on camera either...but I'm kinda ugly, so maybe that's not a good idea.

Caii
November 13th, 2011, 05:51 PM
As a new-found Therian, I'd love to see your project or help out in any way that I may (though admittedly I'm still young on the subject!)

Ashen
November 14th, 2011, 01:01 AM
I'm still interested and willing to help in the project.. don't have any funds to donate or travel outside of going to a howl... was really sad when this project started fading away.

Soup
November 14th, 2011, 03:14 PM
yeah it sounds great I'll like to help if I can

Solomon
November 28th, 2011, 02:04 PM
I'd really like to see this going. It would be great to have this up on the Therian News Network. I'd help al I could be publicity and such. I'm just a dod when it comes to film though.

Kyte
December 5th, 2011, 06:42 PM
It has kinda hit a stale spot. I am having to back up and redo all that had been planned. I am working with ilrak on this and am taking her feed back with uptmost consideration. if you have any questions please pm me

KaraWolfDragon
February 29th, 2012, 01:37 PM
Is this still going on? I saw in the first post it should be done by October 2011, I kinda hope I'm not too late. I'd kinda like to take part, if people can inform me on what's going on and, more importantly, if I'm too late.

Kyte
April 7th, 2012, 08:19 PM
A lot of things happened and no you are not too late. I am very seldom on werelist do to work and classes full time. Send me a message or if you are on Skype I think my name is on my profile here. I am working with a few other people with this, but as of right now its just back in the basic phases.