PDA

View Full Version : Name Ideas

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 08:15 PM
I know its kinda early to think of a name for a show that is not yet in production but I think it might be interesting to throw in some ideas.

Vikaryous
October 29th, 2009, 08:28 PM
Is there really anything wrong with Project Pawprint?

I take that back, there are those out there without paws

Kaye Sweetbriar
October 29th, 2009, 08:30 PM
The Animal Within?

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 08:32 PM
Is there really anything wrong with Project Pawprint?

I take that back, there are those out there without paws
Yep. I like Project Pawprint, but it leaves out feathers or reptiles of some kinds and even aquatic. I thought about that earlier.

Vikaryous
October 29th, 2009, 08:33 PM
Glad I'm not the only one ^_^

Savage
October 29th, 2009, 08:39 PM
The Beast Behind My Eyes: Therianthropy In Modern America

cheetah
October 29th, 2009, 08:49 PM
Replace 'America' with 'World' and I'm happy.

House of Chimeras
October 29th, 2009, 08:50 PM
I kind of like Savage’s idea or something along similar lines. Or maybe “Therianthropy: The Animal Within” or “Unleashing the Animal Within.”

And on a slightly more humorous tone we could always go for “Shift Happens” but I don’t see that being very good title for a documentary.

PhelanVelvel
October 29th, 2009, 08:53 PM
I kind of like Savage’s idea or something along similar lines. Or maybe “Therianthropy: The Animal Within” or “Unleashing the Animal Within.”

And on a slightly more humorous tone we could always go for “Shift Happens” but I don’t see that being very good title for a documentary.

Lolz, I would wear a shirt with that on it.

And if we were to use Savage's, maybe just replace "America" with "Modern Society" or "The Modern World"? I know this community has members from eeeverywhere who will probably end up contributing in one way or another.

Aislin
October 29th, 2009, 09:03 PM
The Beast Behind My Eyes: Therianthropy In Modern America

oh yes that is very good.

But I definatly agree with the others that maybe it should be : The Beast Behind My Eyes: Therianthropy In The Modern World.

So good thinking Earth Listener and PhelanVelvel.

Vikaryous
October 29th, 2009, 09:19 PM
I would definitely support a "Shift Happens" logo xD

That is definitely a great title for a documentary though, just make the scale a bit wider than America

Kyte
October 29th, 2009, 09:23 PM
I would definitely support a "Shift Happens" logo xD

That is definitely a great title for a documentary though, just make the scale a bit wider than America
But this isn't just America. There are therians world wide. While it might be hard for them to be here, they still exist and deserve to have there input. Also, Shift Happens, while being catchy, could also either 1 denote negativity and childishness, or 2 be misleading.

Vikaryous
October 29th, 2009, 09:31 PM
But this isn't just America. There are therians world wide. While it might be hard for them to be here, they still exist and deserve to have there input. Also, Shift Happens, while being catchy, could also either 1 denote negativity and childishness, or 2 be misleading.

I know, I wasn't saying that I thought it should be just America, I certainly think the title should be changed. Sorry for the confusion

Again, I'm aware, I'm just saying it would be a little humorous. I certainly wouldn't support it as a serious title

Savage
October 29th, 2009, 09:38 PM
But this isn't just America. There are therians world wide. While it might be hard for them to be here, they still exist and deserve to have there input.

Realistically I can't see being ambitious enough to make the documentary worldwide in scope. We have what we have, which is to say a shoestring budget studio located in one state in the US. If we get international folks coming across with enough resources to do some of the actual filming and production in their neck of the woods, then we can do international. If we don't, we can't.

Lenowill
October 30th, 2009, 06:49 PM
Also, "beast" tends to connote a four-legged mammal and might leave birds and the like out of people's intuitions almost as much as "pawprint" does.

"The Animal Behind My Eyes" might be workable. It might be that we/you don't come up with the permanent title till near the end of the operation anyway. *nod*

With that said, "Project PawPrint" and Savage's original suggestions are quite catchy, so I do recommend keeping those in mind--if not for this film then perhaps for a related work.

Dragonslorefury
October 31st, 2009, 07:04 AM
Therianthropes; In the Flesh?

I suck at titles XD

Rohdwolf
October 31st, 2009, 09:58 AM
I know the majority if not all is going to be worked on in the U.S., but personally I would prefer leaving out any geographic location in the title. This because of the fact that therianthropy in the U.S. isn't any different from therianthropy anywhere else.