PDA

View Full Version : A Quick Proposal

Kyte
October 30th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Prophet, Asilin, and I had a brainstorming session last night. Prophet is my Producer/Editor and has always been. Asilin is my walking Sanity and helps out with Directoring and Advertising.

Now with that out of the way here is a few ideas we came up with:

If he is up for it: WolfVanZandt as the main Spokesperson. I say this because he is open about his therianthropy and I think he would be a great "front man".

We can set up a website (By me I actually mean Prophet. I can run it but I can't design it). This website would allow a possible chat room, could be used to collaborate more ideas if the list "runs" out of room, as the project grows. It could also have locations for filming, etc.
IT would also help because of unlimited Bandwidth to do file sharing for those who want to help out be it music, voice, or even photographs.

After this is all over hopefully there will be alot of research and documents about Therianthrophy. Lulu.com would be a great place to put this information in a book form so others can have it. It would be a production book of sorts and would also show where everyone has helped out.

Pre-Production is just that. Its research, ideas, etc. I will need as much help as possible.

Production: This is an idea that Prophet came up with, and honestly I like the idea: Follow the therian community for a year. Howls if people are okay with that, school...whatever, showing people in their everyday lives. This would not take up the entire show...Just a part.
It would put it in a Chronological Standpoint, Starting with NewYears.
Another part of this could also be Topics that are Discussed on the list or online about therianism or whatever has the greatest affect at the time in the community.

Post Production would start in 2011 in January and hopefully the project would be done before the SEHowl in 2011. This would allow for 6 months to find a station to show it or decide if it should be online.

WARNING: Selling any and all rights of this to a station would give them rights to rearrange it how they saw fit. It would become their "idea". Just making sure everyone knows this.

Dragonslorefury
October 30th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Sounds good, but how willing would you be to travel? Would the U.k. therians be out of your reach for example?
Another question; would this be entirely on therians? I.e. Excluding otherkin?

Just curious.

Kyte
October 30th, 2009, 10:03 AM
We are talking about adding otherkin. I think you guys will just be mentioned or added under the title of therians.

I can't afford the UK for this project, but don't loose hope, we can record online if we need too..at least voice.

Dragonslorefury
October 30th, 2009, 10:14 AM
Yeah voice recording would be a good second option.
It's nice to know that otherkin may get a mention ^_^

Kyte
October 30th, 2009, 10:20 AM
In my opinion Otherkin need a mention...I mean they are pretty much the same, just different types of "animals" so why not. But yeah Voice Recording would be the easiest.

elinox
October 30th, 2009, 11:30 AM
If he is up for it: WolfVanZandt as the main Spokesperson. I say this because he is open about his therianthropy and I think he would be a great "front man".

I've got to throw my $0.02 in here. Having one main person will be hard simply because their views might not be the generally accepted views of the whole community. And I realize that it would be scripted, but maybe it should be one of the admins here instead? I'd go with Savage because of his professionalism and reliability, not to mention his no-bullshit attitude. Just my thoughts anyway.

Kyte
October 30th, 2009, 11:38 AM
Savage doesn't want to be seen, so it's kinda hard to have a spokesperson no one can see.

Freedom of the soul
October 30th, 2009, 11:59 AM
Well I think that more then One view would be better because One view is different from another and everybody experiences Therianthrope different.

Dragonslorefury
October 30th, 2009, 12:07 PM
I don't think it's a good idea to have a spokesperson at all. A narrator is fine, I can live with a narrator; but spokespeople are instantly assumped to represent the entire argument of the show and I'm not sure that's what we're looking for. A narrator is more of an observer or a commenter.

Freedom of the soul
October 30th, 2009, 12:10 PM
I second Dragonslorefury

PhelanVelvel
October 30th, 2009, 01:17 PM
I don't really want a spokesperson, per se, either. Then again, I'm not sure of your exact meaning of the term. I do agree with Elinox on the Savage thing, though. After listening to the radio interview, I have to say I would vote him as a narrator or whatever you want to call it. He's just really well-spoken and professional, and explains the issue in a very objective light. I guess those were his ideas, though, so that was both writing and presentation that he did well. o_o

Savage
October 30th, 2009, 02:01 PM
Given that I cannot be seen, I'd prefer that WVZ be more of the "face of therianthropy", if he is willing. I can do narration and voice-over, as well as script writing and consulting.

One of the reasons I am pondering animated sequences or stock footage of animals is that if I do any extensive speaking on this thing, there needs to be something visually interesting on screen that is not me. I'm fine remaining more in the background as a narrator however, and offering a professional, academic focus on other people's stories and perspectives of therianthropy.

Lenowill
October 30th, 2009, 02:18 PM
Right, I think the main thing you'd get with Wolf (and possibly with others who're willing to be interviewed on-screen) is that sense of, "Hey, there're real flesh and blood people here and they aren't totally crazy when I look at them." That kind of thing can go a loooong way.

As far as presenting different viewpoints--that would be a very good idea. It wouldn't all have to be presented by the same voice (or face) either, as far as that goes.

And yeah, to what Savage said--animal footage or other relevant stuff would be good to have going for narrational purposes. Doctored footage of a howl to obscure faces and other identifiers might not be terrible either, though one would have to be very careful about that and ask the permission of the folks involved.

Savage
October 30th, 2009, 02:28 PM
And yeah, to what Savage said--animal footage or other relevant stuff would be good to have going for narrational purposes. Doctored footage of a howl to obscure faces and other identifiers might not be terrible either, though one would have to be very careful about that and ask the permission of the folks involved.

That could certainly work for most folks. No offense, but *nobody* is getting video footage of me under any circumstances, even if I do absolutely trust them to do right by the project and firmly believe that their sincere intent is to doctor it and to protect my privacy. There is too much that can potentially happen to video footage that might not be entirely under the control of the person who took it, so it's just not a risk I personally choose to take.

If we have some sane, rational, calm, normal appearing older adults who can appear, that would be ideal to present as the "faces of therianthropy".

Kyte
October 30th, 2009, 02:49 PM
If we have some sane, rational, calm, normal appearing older adults who can appear, that would be ideal to present as the "faces of therianthropy".
That sums up what I would say that Wolf would be. I am not wanting just 1 person just a face. The "show" will be many views, different ideas. Don't fret. Everything is still in the air. That is why this is a proposal.
And yes, Savage we can blur out anyone who wants to be blurred out. But we need to have real people who are willing to be who they are in the open. I say Wolf because he drives a van with "Werewolf" on it...He's open with who he is and is comfortable with it around other people.

I am also trying to find parks, reservations, or sanctuaries that will let me film to get Stock footage. I know of a red wolf one and a raptor rehabilitation center for large predatory birds. I would rather try and get animals in more of a natural habitat then in a cage.

Right, I think the main thing you'd get with Wolf (and possibly with others who're willing to be interviewed on-screen) is that sense of, "Hey, there're real flesh and blood people here and they aren't totally crazy when I look at them." That kind of thing can go a loooong way.

That is why there is paperwork and legal forms. Anyone that is willing to be filmed and has any stipulations would sign the form and put something like "Must be Blurred out".

Alot of people think it is easy to put something like this together, but all in all its actually not. You have to cover yourself and others involved every step of the way.

Aislin
October 30th, 2009, 02:58 PM
That could certainly work for most folks. No offense, but *nobody* is getting video footage of me under any circumstances, even if I do absolutely trust them to do right by the project and firmly believe that their sincere intent is to doctor it and to protect my privacy. There is too much that can potentially happen to video footage that might not be entirely under the control of the person who took it, so it's just not a risk I personally choose to take.

I understand where Savage is coming form with this, even though we are going to a very good job we also respect everyone's privacy. I understand that not everyone wants to been seen. I also understand that if my our worst nightmare that somehow if somebody were to get a hand on the footage they could do some serious damage to everyone, especially the person that was on film.

Savage
October 30th, 2009, 05:56 PM
I understand where Savage is coming form with this, even though we are going to a very good job we also respect everyone's privacy. I understand that not everyone wants to been seen. I also understand that if my our worst nightmare that somehow if somebody were to get a hand on the footage they could do some serious damage to everyone, especially the person that was on film.

Exactly. I trust you guys just fine, but somebody could break into your home, steal your computer and upload stuff to the Internet for fun. So, not happening. I wouldn't even keep that kind of footage on my OWN computer for the same reasons.

Kyte
October 30th, 2009, 06:23 PM
Exactly. I trust you guys just fine, but somebody could break into your home, steal your computer and upload stuff to the Internet for fun. So, not happening. I wouldn't even keep that kind of footage on my OWN computer for the same reasons.
Its a safety issue. Don't worry, I understand as well. It is a risk factor involved and everyone does need to know that. We're going to do the best we can to protect all those involved, and I don't think anything like that will happen but in every situation there is a risk factor or a what if involved.

Ice Blitz
October 30th, 2009, 06:48 PM
Someone should see if Sonne is interested as well, or Wolffriend or Anuolf. At least if they were willing to speak it might give us a bit more variety.

Lenowill
October 30th, 2009, 07:06 PM
WolfFriend would currently have to be blurred out or otherwise rendered anonymous, at the least. (He's on a road trip right now or is about to leave for one, but I talk to him often enough that I feel comfortable tentatively stating that in his absence. WF, feel free to correct me when you get back if I have that wrong.)

Ani and Sonne are interesting possibilities. I remember from our phone conversations that Ani usually has kind of a soft voice; how do you feel about the camera though?

Agita
October 30th, 2009, 07:58 PM
I definately think using stock footage of animals, not just because it'd be interesting to watch, but as a visual aid to help people understand that the animal is speaking from inside the person almost. Rather than, 'I'm looking at a human who reffers to himself and foxes/badgers/x theriotype collectively... Yeah...' *facepalm*

Dragonslorefury
October 31st, 2009, 06:48 AM
Footage of animals would be a good idea in my opinion. ^_^

Aislin
October 31st, 2009, 09:52 AM
Wow. It seems that everyone likes the animal footage idea really well. So now we just need to find where we can film some. I know where we could get some footage of coyotes.

Kyte
October 31st, 2009, 09:58 AM
Wow. It seems that everyone likes the animal footage idea really well. So now we just need to find where we can film some. I know where we could get some footage of coyotes.
The animal thing will be good as a cover up for those who don't want to speak, make some good B-roll, and would help tie in animal types with Therianthropy.

House of Chimeras
October 31st, 2009, 10:58 AM
Creative use of footage is going to be pretty essential. After all, any kind of documentary can get boring real quick if all that is shown are long segments of the people being videoed in person sitting down being interviewed.

Besides just using stock footage of animals other filming techniques could be used to give the viewer something to look at for interviewers who wish not to be seen. Footage of landscapes, film of everyday movement through a city or town, footage of looking out a car while driving, or even footage of the interviewers who will allow themselves to be seen simply walking through a mall or down a sideway over a part of their interview could work. Even film taken with the camera moving low through the woods or such to give the illusion of seeing what an animal would see while running could be a good way to take-up visual screen time for voices.

Kyte
November 1st, 2009, 10:45 PM
Creative use of footage is going to be pretty essential. After all, any kind of documentary can get boring real quick if all that is shown are long segments of the people being videoed in person sitting down being interviewed.

Besides just using stock footage of animals other filming techniques could be used to give the viewer something to look at for interviewers who wish not to be seen. Footage of landscapes, film of everyday movement through a city or town, footage of looking out a car while driving, or even footage of the interviewers who will allow themselves to be seen simply walking through a mall or down a sideway over a part of their interview could work. Even film taken with the camera moving low through the woods or such to give the illusion of seeing what an animal would see while running could be a good way to take-up visual screen time for voices.I was also looking at a few camera effects and found something called Mirage. I've never used it but have seen it. It actually blurs the footage in camera. *evil laugh* I love playing around. Its going to take a lot to pull it together and keep it from being boring, but keep the ideas coming.