PDA

View Full Version : Filming Locations

Kyte
November 5th, 2009, 11:53 AM
I have a few places in mind. I'm going to try and stick to the lower east coast just due to funding. I'm hoping to film in Washington DC, Virginia, Sumter and Charleston SC, Helens Georgia, and Alabama (if permitted at the SE Howl). These places are due to change as time and funding permits. If anyone has any ideas please share them here.

elinox
November 5th, 2009, 12:54 PM
Seems you'd be doing a lot of filming "down south". Don't forget that a lot of therians live in Colorado and other places too. ;)

If you're just looking for places to film, that's cool. But if you're trying to showcase specific types of habitats you might want to try other locations too.

Dragonslorefury
November 5th, 2009, 01:19 PM
If I did manage to film therians in the U.K. I'm not sure I could suggest a set location.

There's a chance it will be in Plymouth- which has a rather modern city centre but a rather traditional hoe and barbacombe area.

Beyond that we have Dartmoor close by, but it may be too much of a stretch for people to make their way to.

I was thinking of filming at Anime con., London which may then branch off into London itself.... but then I remebered that most of the otherkin that go to Anime con. are minors (unfortunatly), so I suppose it will depend on that.

Just thought I'd keep you up to date on my part. ^_~

Kyte
November 5th, 2009, 02:34 PM
Seems you'd be doing a lot of filming "down south". Don't forget that a lot of therians live in Colorado and other places too. ;)

If you're just looking for places to film, that's cool. But if you're trying to showcase specific types of habitats you might want to try other locations too.
I know but I have to worry about funding and money for travel. Money is kinda tight. If we get enough help with fundraising, that would be a possibility. If everything goes alright, I should be going to South Dakota next fall to the Lakota indian reservation. That is still up in the air. I know that the "down south" isn't a lot of room, but its all I have access to right now.

McWereFoxx
November 5th, 2009, 03:19 PM
From what I hear SE howl has been greatly hurt by the economy, send Vanzandt a message to see if he is still running it. I know I was setting up an SE Howl Summer one, but I am having trouble with location and attendance as it was supposed to be a "Howl on the Water" by way of a couple of boats and such.

Kyte
November 5th, 2009, 03:59 PM
From what I hear SE howl has been greatly hurt by the economy, send Vanzandt a message to see if he is still running it. I know I was setting up an SE Howl Summer one, but I am having trouble with location and attendance as it was supposed to be a "Howl on the Water" by way of a couple of boats and such.
As far as I know, and from talking to him, it looks like it is still running. I host a Howl of the South in the fall near the coast. Last year we had a good turn out and am looking forward to it again next year. Last time I talked to Wolf it was only really hurt because people were saying they were coming, but then were no shows. Also, it does get troublesome trying to book locations for something like this, especially if the money has to come out of your pocket first.

Prophet
November 13th, 2009, 03:12 AM
I'd also like to note that we are taking donations for expenses related to the project. If sometime later down the road a group would like to be on film somewhere outside of the southeastern US, donations could be accepted to fund the gas expenses and such. Analae and I have a van and a station wagon, so we can haul lots of stuff with minimal gas, but it still costs.

We're going to try to get things done on a tight budget, just throwing the idea out there that where there is a will there is a way. I'm currently trying to get my freelance business off the ground so that we CAN travel while making enough to keep the project going AND make house payments and in the end get a few things for myself (food, gas, electricity, and of course popcorn . . . is popcorn food?).

Anyhowl, just throwing out my two cents (even though I got a lil distracted there at the end).

~Proff~