PDA

View Full Version : Before you make suggestions for Project PawPrint

Savage
November 5th, 2009, 03:58 PM
There are likely to be a lot of opinions in the general category of "It would be better/cooler/more complete if you could do this." It would also be cool if my role in this movie could be played by Sean Connery, we got Lucasfilm to do the CGI, Danny Elfman to write the film score and James Earl Jones to do the narration. I trust that the reasons that none of these things are happening are reasonably clear.

If somebody wins the lottery, the filming can go on location all over the world, and we can cover lots of topics in-depth and fly people around for interviews. Otherwise, that ain't happening. What we have is a homebrewed production with relatively new talent, mostly student level and semi-professional, and NO FREAKIN' BUDGET. If you can materially contribute towards making it more than that, awesome. If there are folks who can produce usable studio quality footage from where they are, speak on up. That's what this forum is for.

If you don't actually have a feasible way to make the changes you are suggesting, it's not going to be terribly useful to point out that the depth and scope of this project is limited. We know that already. Complaining about the limitations won't help. Getting off your ass and materially contributing will, whether that's donating money, helping with fundraising efforts or coordinating filming and recording at a studio local to you.

So. Think constructive, and let's get to work.

cheetah
November 5th, 2009, 09:26 PM
No offense, Savage, but they did ask for some basic ideas. Once things get moving I could understand not adding ideas unless you can make them happen, but this is a community project, and it makes sense to get an idea of what the community would like to see.

Lenowill
November 6th, 2009, 03:38 AM
Aye.

Though, to be sure, having a voice of realism about it is not bad either.

Savage
November 6th, 2009, 11:29 AM
No offense, Savage, but they did ask for some basic ideas. Once things get moving I could understand not adding ideas unless you can make them happen, but this is a community project, and it makes sense to get an idea of what the community would like to see.

I understand if you cannot personally make them happen, but if you are suggesting things that are very expensive and you don't even have any ideas as to how they could be done on a budget, don't complain that it's not fair or not representative of the therian community. And don't make us explain or justify why we're not doing it that way. We're not doing it that way because we realistically can't, not because we don't want to.