PDA

View Full Version : Another therian film project announced

Savage
November 6th, 2009, 12:33 PM
I have strong misgivings about this project based on what this person is asking for and the fact that this is the author of "The Therian Bible". But here it is. I wonder if she heard about our project in the works. :/

A message to all members of WereSpace

Greetings WereSpacers,
This is not a spam! Natassja (Noctis) here.
My film company, Noctis Films, is putting together a real-life documentary film about real Therians.
The goal of the film is to give a balanced voice to real-life Therians and their beliefs and practices, as well as to dispel myths and misconceptions about our community.
We are looking for Therians of all theriotypes and systems of belief to be represented in the film. If you cannot get to the Chicago area to be filmed by us, you may submit your statements via webcam files which may be transferred to us online.
Brief (to-the-point) clips are preferred and the audio (clear pronunciation, etc) is more important than the visual quality.
If you have an active Pack, a unique perspective on Therianthropy, interesting Therian stories to tell, or just want your voice heard, please contact us for further details:
Myspace- http://myspace.com/noctisfilms
Email- noctisfilms@gmail.com
Facebook- Search for: Noctis Films
This film will be released on DVD (in 2010) and hopefully shown on some big screens (festivals, private showings, etc) as well.
A portion of the film's proceeds (if any proceeds are made) will go to wildlife conservation and to care for/feed animals in shelters.

Thanks.
~N

Kyte
November 6th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Sounds....interesting.

Akai
November 7th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I small scam. I can't explain it, but the fact they're willing to accept webcam files feels a whole lot like...thievery. How much voice and say do those who submit such things have? Credits? How about right to remove their content? A right to preview the documentary in its entirety before giving or removing consent that their section is done? It feels...fishy.

PhelanVelvel
November 7th, 2009, 04:15 PM
Yeah...I know we're not supposed to throw rotten tomatoes, but I don't like this. I have a feeling they found out about us working on a film project and decided to make one, too. It just seems too coincidental, unless they also saw that stuff on the History channel and felt slighted by it. I don't trust them to portray therianthropy in a rational light, especially because they're the author of this Therian Bible thing. Sorry, making a bible out of something like this just seems outright nonsense, and accordingly, I don't see how they'll make it a professional-looking and rational-sounding documentary. Sigh.

Ice Blitz
November 7th, 2009, 08:05 PM
I might have been interested until you mentioned the Therian Bible group, Savage, and that definitley turned me away.

Don't wanna be getting mixed up with that group (if there even is more than one member). No Therian Temple/Therian bible for me, no thanks.

cheetah
November 7th, 2009, 11:42 PM
I've got a sneaking suspicion that they'll use this 'documentary' to promote their scam.

SouthPaw
November 8th, 2009, 01:05 AM
Mandatory thirty dollar membership fees, thirty dollar bibles, dvds, and who knows what else... It's pretty clear she wants to rake in some dough and align herself as a figurehead of sorts, representing therians in general. L. Ron Hubbard would be proud.

The good thing about this is that it can provide some drive to make a better documentary.

Prophet
November 13th, 2009, 03:01 AM
Has anyone actually watched the films on their myspace page? If not, I highly recommend giving them a view. I sat through both, and am slightly impressed from a storytelling standpoint, but shamefully let down on the overall sense of "I'm right and you're wrong and you know it" exuding from the director/actor. This is not the person we need representing us all.

If we're going to produce our own documentary, we need to make sure to do things RIGHT. By right I mean making sure we have all the right facts, getting multiple views and multiple opinions from throughout the community as a whole, and bringing them all together into a cohesion of information, education, and captivation.

Just because we have a low budget doesn't mean that our own production can't be a high quality, finely polished showpiece that's something for all of us to be proud of.

Sorry for the rant. Just had to vent a little after watching those short films . . . it was kind of an eye opener.

~Proff~

night.rain
November 14th, 2009, 12:45 AM
*shivers* I'm very worried about what kind of "documentary" this will turn out to be. As others have said, it gives us more initiative to make Project Paw Print amazing. Get our facts right, get different perspectives and views, etc.

Kyte
November 14th, 2009, 12:48 AM
I watched it...(prof made me) . It as horrible. She has NO TALENT. She was showing the road in her shots, it was not well composed, not even planned out. It made me think she was bored and had nothing else to do. I'm not even going to point out the horrible camera angles, the noise, the fact that the eye was way too big...i could go on.

Howlerwolf
November 16th, 2009, 08:40 PM
It seems to me that she wants to be a figurehead of some sort. I mean, she's already got the book, as well as her temple organization thing. All she needs is a documentary to curb new, clueless therians (or wanna be therians) into her ring by offering them answers to the unanswerable (if indeed people actually do listen to her). I agree with Southpaw, Hubbard would be proud.

Prophet is correct, we MUST do this documentary right. Especially if we have another person trying to put a documentary out. We need to show that we are normal people, not an elitist "we're right, you're wrong" community with a delusional sense of authority about how others view their therianthropy.

Kyte
November 16th, 2009, 09:13 PM
http://www.filmnet.com/videos/2434/

she moved her videos. (i would too if I was her...ugh)

CriesontheWind
June 7th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Natassja actually isn`t all that bad. I`ve spoken with her before and she`s actually kinda cool. I was gonna be involved in that documentary, but something came up. Now I guess I'm kinda glad I didn't help.

McWereFoxx
June 8th, 2010, 01:50 AM
I just realized what they meant Hubbard would be proud...