PDA

View Full Version : A few Ideas/ Concerns

Kyte
November 10th, 2009, 10:10 PM
My group and I have been working on getting the ball rolling. We have hit a few snags, though they are easily fixed. Before I finish the story board I have a few questions that I would like some honest answers.

The first one is length. How long do you think it should be? I've got a few ideas for a few different time frames, and I will break them down.

1 hour=This would be hard to fit a lot of information into it and I think some important information would be left out or be too much to take in in such a short amount of time.

1.5 hours=This is a little better, though I think still not enough, but could fit a lot into it. (You have to think that if this is shown on tv every 11 minutes commercials are shown).

2 hours=Even better. Could be broken down easier into an easier to follow and understand spectrum.

3 hours= Yes this seems like a lot. I'm looking at between 1.5 to 3 hours. If for 3 hours I would like to do a 3 part "series" I guess you could call it. The first hour being the History and Mythology of werewolves, then moving into Native American Totem animals and spiritual guides and how that fits into Modern Society.

2nd Part=Therianism, different types of shifts, Lycanthrophy as a mental illness, how others see therians, etc.

3rd Part=Howls, Lives, and outlooks of modern day therians and how we fit into the "Real world" That we are out there, that we are not just myths. This can be fit into an hour and a half, but like I said, I think it would be an over load.

Please share your ideas.

Leeds
November 10th, 2009, 10:17 PM
Project Pawprint is a movie?

Im sorry, I might have missed an earlier thread but maybe you should elaborate a little again on what it is you are trying to do.

Kyte
November 10th, 2009, 10:21 PM
There is an entire thread on Project Pawprint. Its in the Project Pawprint section and has been in the werelist media center for about weeks now. Its a documentary for therians. You'll have to read the other threads to understand.

Read that and saw it seemed a little rude, and I'm sorry. Now, Project Pawprints is a Documentary for the therian community. We are trying to decide if it is going to be for television or just online, all that is still up in the air. It is a "film" so to speak, explaining what therians are and how we "shift" and fit into the "normal world". It might help if you look back in some earlier threads.

Leeds
November 10th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Sorry. I've been missing in action on here for 2-3 weeks.

The link to the thread just for reference:
http://www.werelist.net/forums/showthread.php?t=26644&highlight=project+pawprint

I would just see what happens. See houw much good footage and information you get. But I do like the idea of it being a several part series.

Kyte
November 10th, 2009, 10:29 PM
Thanks. Sorry if I seemed rude there, had a rough day. If you have any question please feel free to PM me and I will be glad to answer any questions that you might have, to the best of my abilities.

cheetah
November 10th, 2009, 10:41 PM
I'd suggest splitting it into easy to watch sections. That would make it seem less daunting to someone who would watch it. As far as length goes, I'd suggest two and a half hours.

Sharik
November 11th, 2009, 01:21 AM
I agree with cheetah, it really should be split into separate "episodes" so that people would actually watch it. Full length should be 2.5 hours (split into five 30 minute sessions?).

Let's see, other content... make sure you make it known that therianthropy is not a religion (very important!). You should also bring the unofficial therian symbol into it to make it more official, because I'm sure not enough therians know about it. Just a couple suggestions. =]

Kyte
November 11th, 2009, 10:48 AM
I"ve seen...3 unoffical therian symbols so far. And yeah, I plan on touching that it is not a religion. And no, it would not be 30 minute segments, more cut up into 45 minutes or an hour each. And no more than 3 segments.

Dragonslorefury
November 11th, 2009, 12:20 PM
I like the idea of three sessions, an hour each... but perhaps we should just see how it goes; I mean it wouldn't be a great shame to run over or below by 15 or so minutes.

ShadowFox
November 18th, 2009, 07:42 AM
Not sure if its been mentioned but after looking at Analae's storyboards i would like to stress not being compared to weres. Really sorta sends the wrong message about how we perceive ourselves, you know?

lonewylfe
November 18th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Not sure if its been mentioned but after looking at Analae's storyboards i would like to stress not being compared to weres. Really sorta sends the wrong message about how we perceive ourselves, you know?

That's what we originally called ourselves, and honestly I still find myself slipping and using that term on occassion.

I think length depends on who your target audience is. Unfortunately, the shorter it is, the more likely people will be to watch it; imo if you break it into segments, people might see just one segment and not the whole thing. You could always combine your output idea and do a shorter, overview segment for TV, then post the rest online for those who want to know more.

I like how you have the three sections set up; it looks like they'd flow very smoothly into each other.

Kyte
November 18th, 2009, 11:06 AM
The story board right now Shadowfox is just an introduction into myth and legend. The 2nd part is where the therian is going to be explained. We're working on getting out all the kinks. We're using the "mythology" to lead in. Please feel free to check our website for more updates as well.

ShadowFox
November 18th, 2009, 11:17 PM
Okay, I wasnt sure if the myth bit was going to be stressed. I just didnt want the connection to be made by the layman (sp?) that we think we're werewolves. Sorry to sound so agressive about it. ^_^" I think im still just wrestling with the idea that thats the way people would take it if i were to tell them about my therioside.

ShadowFox
November 18th, 2009, 11:23 PM
sorry to double post. internet messed up

Kyte
November 19th, 2009, 12:04 AM
Okay, I wasnt sure if the myth bit was going to be stressed. I just didnt want the connection to be made by the layman (sp?) that we think we're werewolves. Sorry to sound so agressive about it. ^_^" I think im still just wrestling with the idea that thats the way people would take it if i were to tell them about my therioside.
Its good that you are a little skeptical. It means that you actually care what happens. I am going to do my damnedest to pull this off right and good. I, also being a therian, am going to do this to the best of my ability. I am looking for grants and everything. (Grant writer is an anthropologist that studied native American totem animals and spirit guides and is excited to find out about therians.) Please also feel free to join us in the chats at night to give us your input or check out our website and leave us a comment.

ShadowFox
November 19th, 2009, 12:23 AM
Im still pretty new to the whole thing so i dont really have much to offer other than my views on it being a reincarnation of an animal soul in a human body more than anything else. I dont really get much more than sensory shifts so im no help there. Lol And i pretty much hide it from everyone but one person so i dont even really get to act on it, besides walks in the woods.