PDA

View Full Version : If you transformed into your therioside or something...

DragonicWolf
March 20th, 2011, 04:17 PM
Do you ever wonder how those around you would react?

I enjoy thinking about scenarios as to what might happen

Eg: If I transformed into some beastly thing with horns in the morning, and stood in front of my sisters bed until she woke up. Dang, I think she would scream so loud that my perfectly acute hearing would no longer be of any use no more. Then mum would wake up and I have NO idea how she would react.

Or if I suddenly went to school as the beast, carrying the bag and attempting to wear the uniform and all. (with my name tag on it) I wonder how people who knew me would react. :V Lol

It might be a bit different if someone had the therioside/fursona/identity whatsoever as a more acceptable creature. Imagine a hawk suddenly appearing in your house! One might think : "Oh those bloody zoo's. "

Arawn
March 20th, 2011, 04:47 PM
I think my mom would probably bow down...or lose her faith that angels are goody-goody.

My sister would go "neat" or something similar and I'd probably try and shift to a horse to please her. xD

My dad...I have no idea how he'd act.

Omega98
March 20th, 2011, 05:02 PM
I'd hide it from my family. But I'd definently have some fun in Japanese, just to see how my Sensei would react.

Oblivian
March 20th, 2011, 05:12 PM
Hmm.. like, if I woke up one day suddenly in my 'true form'?

No clue. I think there's been a thread like this before, actually.

Sephiroth-ac
March 20th, 2011, 10:23 PM
I thought about this once but the strange thing was that my first thought was on how my dogs would react, being feline and all.
When I started thinking about that I actually came to the conclusion to always wear my necklace, that way at least my family would have some hint who the rather large cat in the house was. Nowdays I never go anywhere without it.

Moonlight Hunter
March 21st, 2011, 01:58 AM
Interesting question.

If it were my co-workers, they would probably shoot me. We carry guns here, so yeah. Probably, almost certainly, they would shoot me.

My family members... they would likely either run away, try to cause me physical harm, or attempt another exorcism (if they had actually seen the process of transformation).

My friends... that would have varied effects, but I think fear would be the most prominent reaction.

Integral
March 21st, 2011, 07:26 AM
Hmmm... let's see... a big black wolf standing in the middle of a small town in a state with no wolves... yeah, I'd either get shot, sent to a zoo, be avoided and feared, or cause some sort of nationwide panic(if the news got out), and my mother's jaw would fall of her face, from dropping so quickly. And as far as the rest of my family is concerned, I really don't know what they'd do... but it is an interesting thing to ponder, I guess it's something I've never really thought about.

RagdollTherian
March 21st, 2011, 12:36 PM
Oh, thank goodness I am a cute little tabby cat! No one would shoot me. =3

I actually had a conversation with my mom's boyfriend yesterday and found out that he sort of knows about my therianthropy. He said he's sure I don't have any actual cat DNA in me, but that's just how I see myself. So it's kind of cool; even without telling him about what exactly it is, he's figured it out.

So imagine his surprise if I ended up able to shift. ^^ And he'd surely know it was me, too, because of that Christmas mug I made for him with the cat and rhino on it.

Kisota
March 21st, 2011, 04:19 PM
Oh, thank goodness I am a cute little tabby cat! No one would shoot me. =3

Maybe not, but people can be downright NASTY to stray cats (BB guns are something I have personally witnessed the repercussions of)... so you'd have to watch out.

Me... Heck. Maybe I could pull off the "sweet puppy dog" routine. I don't think it would take my boyfriend too long to recognize me. He's seen my Kiso art and we do enough body language that I could probably get the point across.

And then I imagine I'd just run and play and do everything I've always wanted to. I fantasize about this too much... XD

Kaikura
March 21st, 2011, 06:24 PM
Oh that would be entertaining...I think my husband might be a little freaked out at first but I can totally see him petting my face then trying to ride me. XP
I can't say I blame him though. How cool would it be to ride a big cat. ^^;

Akai
March 21st, 2011, 08:14 PM
As anyone here bothered asking the people around you? Speculation's one thing, but far more interesting (if horrifying) to find out from themselves!

I wouldn't know personally, maybe called in animal control. =/

ShadowItami
March 21st, 2011, 09:00 PM
I would have terribly great fun terrorizing my family then escaping to go fly around because it means a whole lot to meh. Since my therianside is a unknown kind of specie (wolf dragon), I'm probably certain someone would try to capture me alive to study me and put a tag on my ear or something. (lol)

Mobius
March 22nd, 2011, 12:51 PM
Huh. I would probably fade into urban living on this college campus. Granted, they are studied for behaviour every once in a while, but that's not so bad. Raccoons are pest (or at least, that is the common consensus here), and I will become one! XP The only problem is that I will probably die within one year unless I get adopted by someone.

-doesn't want to be worn as a hat-

RiverFox
March 22nd, 2011, 02:44 PM
I would probably be overjoyed, but only for a moment in certain scenarios.

With my Parents: I would be shot, without hesitation, without question, without mercy.
With My Family: My wife would probably lose her proverbial shit. My Daughter would want to pet me.
With my In-laws: Mother in Law would shoot me. She has guns. Father in law would probably allow said shooting. My sister in law might stand up for me, seeing as how she's an animal right's activist. (The humane society kind, not the PETA kind.)
As for my co-workers, Well, I work alone, but the Airport would probably report a wild animal. I'd probably be corralled into a kennel and taken out to the wild by Fish and Wildlife.

pyewacket
March 22nd, 2011, 05:39 PM
I'd run off somewhere, super fast! Wheee! Then I'd roll in some mud. >_>

Blkwlfx
March 23rd, 2011, 01:39 AM
Lets see, If I woke up some morning as a Full Grown Bengal Tiger..... I;d try to figure out how to send my boss a Text Message Saying im gonna be late to work due to trying to figure out how to drive again. Taking into consideration you have a LARGE feline and Not enough room in my Car XD

As for Family..... Eh Easier for them to achieve their current goal of forgetting about me.

Sushiman
March 23rd, 2011, 07:41 AM
Family reaction- They'd probably be scared and my dad would eventually shoot me.
Friend reaction- Most deffenitlly fear.

Night
March 23rd, 2011, 11:14 AM
----------------------

ilrak
March 23rd, 2011, 04:04 PM
I actually sometimes have this conversation with my fiance. He wouldn't be too thrilled, just because he does not know how to take care of birds and doesn't want to do something that would accidentally kill me (like burn teflon on the stove).

My mom would probably freak out, but more because that's one more thing that her daughter would have to deal with rather than "Oh no! Raven in the house!" I'm pretty sure she would quickly figure out it was me. My male parrot might be ecstatic though that I was finally physically another bird (nevermind that I would be way, way bigger than him).

If it happened at work, I would probably have to deal with really freaked out guests and coworkers. Then I would either get to immediately head into the education department (Hey! It's a bird that can actually tell you about birds!) or I would probably get sent home with my last paystub (for my own safety. Too many little kids that might try to pull out feathers).

My own reaction? I would spend a good part of the first day curled up and crying in fear haha.

-Ilrak

snowtiger81
March 23rd, 2011, 04:50 PM
If I transformed into a white bengal tiger my parents would certainly notice that there was a tiger in the yard. They would wonder were their daughter was. The cats would be happy but not for long because I'de be bigger than them. I would probably run deep into the woods and hide in a cave because a white bengal tiger would definitly stick out.

Dreama
March 23rd, 2011, 11:41 PM
I can’t imagine.

Wait, yes I can. Okay, so first I’d like to be identified by the ankh I always wear, but neither of my necklaces would fit my neck. Also how would I put them on with paws or wings?

I can’t really know anyone’s reactions. My mom would freak, run, and call Dad. My dad might try to hit me with something, or do a stare down/intimidation thing, like he does with strange and large dogs. I’m so glad my dad doesn’t own/believe in guns. … But he’s also the kind of person who would make money by showing off a weird winged dog creature he found. If he didn’t know it was me and assumed I ran away or something at the same time (which would be a stupid assumption, of course, because of the coincidence of the semargl in my place, and the fact that there are certain things I would take with me) he’d get the dog’s leash and collar and hold me and then sell me. Yep. Pretty sure.

What would happen after I got out of the house, hmm. I wouldn’t go to work, but if I did I’d never be able to open the door. The front wall is a window, so I’d be there trying to get their attention outside the window, and they’d NEVER SEE ME. They’re kind of not observant like that.
First thing I’d do is go to the park, only because I once ended up there during a shift and ran into a “no animals” sign.

Well actually the first thing I’d do is try to fly.

Then I’d… I don’t know. If it was this weekend, I’d go visit three of my friends (two of which should actually be in town when they aren’t usually.) Then go to my long distance mate, states away.

AND THEN THE GRAND CANYON! I’D BE LIKE THE LOCK NESS MONSTER (except real), AND THERE’D BE EVEN MORE TOURISM, ‘CAUSE PEOPLE WOULD WANT TO SEE ME.

I’d get bored in a week after that.

Midis
March 25th, 2011, 12:43 AM
First I'd be screaming on horrific pain (anybody torn their body apart- had joints pop apart, muscles tear and that sort of thing? see that...all over the body), then as that subsides-I'd be furious, raging livid furious :mad:. First I'd have to see if I had thumbs enough remaining to grip a stick shift. If that was ok, then down to all my tools to make sure I could grip them still. If those were all kosher, then my rage would subside and I'd get back to doing the things I do every day. If it was a mass 'shift' then I wouldn't really be bothered because..let's be honest. I live in a place where it's concealed enough in a few moments to not worry about prying eyes.

It'd suck for some of you people still living at home, or in an apartment, or trailer park- or anywhere densely populated. But, meh, it's not really something dramatic to panic about for me.

The ONLY thing I'd fear is the sudden influx of snuggles, because apparently I'm viewed as snuggly now- trying to work out a bunch of fur and whatnot to maximize snuggles? Eessh. :rolleyes:

Acies-Anima
March 25th, 2011, 04:49 AM
Oh lawds I have thought about this too much. Firstly, I would want to fly. Just get outside the damn building and go for a spin! Try out everything, see if I could manage a few short dives and tight turns.

Then go and land on my deck's railing and do some fancy walking to get everybody's attention. I'm sure my immedite family members would figure it out eventually seeing as I have few weird quirks that have got them pondering more then once [the occasional "You silly humans" or "I'll dive bomb your ass" and the notorious "If I had wings I'd -insert various aerobatics here-"]. My dad would probably accept it better then anybody else, my mother would have a mental breakdown and my sister would give me scratches.

My friends- maybe not so much. They would be perplexed in the extreme. Although the one who would handle it the best would probably be the one who flies planes- she'd recognize me trying and failing to pull of a hesitation roll or a dirty pass.

Everybody else would probably scream and run, the National Parks would try and catch me and the local pidgeon popultion would suffer dramatic losses. It's not my fault they roost on the busy main street and fly just above the heads of pedestrians... or that I'm shoddy at pulling out of a dive.

jaggirl92
June 9th, 2011, 01:30 AM
My mom and sister would more than likely freak out. Nothing more to it.

My dad- would probably try to scare me out of the house by throwing stuff at me. He tends to take a more violent route when it comes to getting unwanted things out if the house 0.0 My friends however, might take a liking to my wilder side :D

Spiritfox Autumnsong
June 9th, 2011, 02:03 AM
Considering that I'm sometimes considered to be a varmint my dad would likely chase me out of the house at gunpoint. I'd probably try and get a place to stay with one of my friends considering four of them have two dogs apiece and could probably figure out how to keep me alive. I could wear my pendant to try and prove that it's me. If not I guess I'd try for the wilderness way out in the hills but I'd probably end uP as roadkill :(

If I could change at will then the party has begun. Frolic city and no one fan make me do something I don't want to do. I can't mow the lawn, I'm a quadruped with no thumbs! If I were to randomly change in a crowd I somehow doubt they would notice anything but the end result. I tend to blend into crowds about as well as I would blend into autumn leaves as a red fox.

KittyVel
June 9th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Ha, I've thought about this wayyy too much...It's a little ridiculous.

If I were to shift into a king cheetah or dire wolf, my mom would definitely know it was me. I've talked to her about my having "spirit animals", and I've told her that I feel a connection to king cheetahs and an extinct wolf. She would confirm this by my (human) absence. My dad would probably figure it out pretty quickly, too. They would definitely freak out and wonder what the hell happened to their daughter. My sister would freak, but then would probably want to pet me out of curiosity. If I were to shift into any other canine, then they probably wouldn't figure it out until I picked up one of my collars and hopped onto my bed, or pointed my nose at a photo of myself.

My boyfriend would freak out because he quite enjoys my human form (lol), but he'd give me lots of scratches and snuggles and would learn to accept my new form. He'd also probably be kinda jealous that I was able to p-shift and he wasn't...XD

My friends would freak, too. I'm sure my best friend would figure out who I was pretty quickly, considering I've been able to talk to her in depth about my therianthropy. She'd be scared of me at first, probably, but I'd do my best to reassure her that I wouldn't eat her. lol

As for everyone else...Well, as a king cheetah, I would either be shipped off to a zoo or a research facility, or be shot and killed for my pelt. :( As a dire wolf, I would definitely be going to a research facility, since we're very extinct. It would be quite the curiosity to see an extinct animal running around. XD There would probably be some mass hysteria seeing a huge wolf or a king cheetah running around the city. I'd probably be pretty friendly, though. I wouldn't want to give people the idea that I was a vicious animal. If all else failed, I'd run to the woods or hide out in my house or with my boyfriend until things cooled down.

If I were to shift in front of people, the media would be called VERY quickly. If I were able to shift back and forth at will, I'd probably use it to get a job at Halloween...XD It'd be pretty awesome to have them chain me up to a fence in the haunted trail (with the chain just long enough for me to make it to the middle of the trail but no further), for me to step in front of the groups walking through, and shift right in front of them. Naturally, there would be warnings posted and such...But no one would believe them til they saw me. >:3 Teehee...Seriously though, I'd probably freak out and run away and hide.

BladedMako
June 9th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Uhh, If I randomly turned into my Spinner Dolphin theriotype, I'd most likely die. However, assuming I am in the water and there's actually enough room for me to swim, I think people would be delighted, because I would be showing off with tail walks and spinning jumps and all sorts of Dolphin silliness.

I have to say though, if I could transform at will, none of you would ever hear from me again, because I would go into the ocean and never come back. I'd rather live as a Dolphin then a human. Well, I would certainly visit my family every now and then. But for the most part I would not live as a human.

If possible though, I would do the utmost to try and create a computer program to translate Dolphin speak, even if I had to recite the whole damn dictionary. I would do it as a gift to humanity, because I am actually very fond of humans. I think I chose to become human, and I chose it because I wanted to be even closer to them and to understand them.

I think if we understood Dolphins there would be a lot we could learn from them.

cheetah
June 10th, 2011, 11:36 AM
Certainly it would expand the human worldview to recognize dolphins as equals.

House of Chimeras
June 10th, 2011, 12:07 PM
Like BladedMako said, if I just randomly became a shark - I’d be dead. Even if I was able to get to the large river near by - a shark can’t survive in fresh water. Plus, the nearest body of saltwater (outside tanks) is easily 10 hours away.

If I transformed into a dire wolf, my dog and my parents would have a fit and be real confused.

BladedMako
June 10th, 2011, 06:48 PM
For the most part you are right Earth Listener. Sharks can't survive in fish water, but there are a few species who can and do swim upriver sometimes. I believe it is the Bull Shark, which is the nastiest shark species and I would sooner swim with a Great White.

Cheetah, I do not think that we're quite there yet. We still have trouble considering people of different nationalities and ethnicities as equals. I don't mean black+ white either. Just look at how we treat Muslims here in America. We've got a long way to go until we're ready to tolerate another species as intelligent as we are.

I have a story, although unfinished, that specifically describes an encounter between human kind and an sentient Raptor species that was discovered in the Amazon Rainforest. The Raptors were as smart us as, had their own society and culture. The result of the encounter was all-out war. We thought of them the same way the american settlers thought of the native americans-we considered them savages. It was discovered later that the Raptors, called Sec'ti, were actually peaceful, benevolent beings who were only trying to protect their forest. Of course, by then the damage was already done. We showered an entire village in napalm (the weaponry was Vietnam era) and destroyed a large part of the forest, which is sacred to the Sec'ti. Someday I'll finish the story. In fact, if I remember correctly, there are some Raptor therians on this site who might be able to help me out a little, since the story is told in first person from the view of a Sec'ti.

House of Chimeras
June 10th, 2011, 07:18 PM
For the most part you are right Earth Listener. Sharks can't survive in fish water, but there are a few species who can and do swim upriver sometimes. I believe it is the Bull Shark, which is the nastiest shark species and I would sooner swim with a Great White.

Oh I know that, trust me (I’ve watched way to much Shark Week not to know to much for my own good). Its just that my shark theriotype is not one of the few shark species present or past that could tolerate fresh water like the Bull Shark. There are also a few species of river shark (there are five known species in their group) that naturally inhabit rivers unlike the Bull Shark. My quilled shark isn’t like any of them.

Caris
June 11th, 2011, 01:31 AM
It is interesting to consider the implications of my body spontaneously being transmutated into an insect. It is a very Kafka-equse situation, which is appealing, naturally. Clearly it is impossible, but for the sake of this question I can speculate.

If I were to awaken and be hexapod in design, I could be any number of insects, as I experience common shifts into bee and moth-like states, and have dozens of other, cameo-type shifts. So the specific species of my new form would be completely random. Something small and native to the area would be preferred. If I was able to escape my room and out into the wild, I would simply feed and exist until my inevitable demise. Depending on the season and species I become, I could enjoy living a pure, bright, pollen-filled existence for awhile, flying freely in the breeze and gorging on nectar in the sunshine. Or I would die in a matter of hours. I'd probably get eaten.

However, I would most likely be unable to leave the confines of my human dwellings, and spend the time fluttering uselessly against the glass of a window or light fixture, until I perished, either due to natural causes, or if an uncharitable human decides to squish me because "bugs are gross."

If I lived, I wouldn't attempt to communicate with anyone from my past. I wouldn't particularly care about them anymore, and again, the risk of being squashed is just too high. Its not like they'd connect a random insect on the wall with the disappearance of my human body anyways. As for that, I would be listed as missing, and with no clues to go upon, my case would be listed as "unsolved" for eternity.

Oh well.

Rebloom
June 11th, 2011, 12:19 PM
My family:
Dad - He'd freak out there was suddenly a giant white wolfdog in the house and scream at someone about bringing me inside, then try to get me out of the house. xD The family would come downstairs, ponder at it, and then try to get me outside.
Mom - Same as dad, but with a lot more screaming and cussing involved.
Anna - Would try to stop them to get me to sit and see if I had any tags on with a name or phone number. I'd hopefully be wearing my necklace and bandana (both of which I never take off), and she'd be all like, "This...is really weird." Then make everyone agree to take me to the Humane Society... >>;
Mynne - Would scream, get a heart attack, and probably die. >>; 90-year-olds are pretty fragile.
Cats - Would FREAK and hide upstairs, on the roof if possible. xD

My friends:
"Cool!!!!" would be the leading reaction (if they knew it was me), if not fear. I've always been torn as to whether or not they'd be accepting, or think I was a freak. They're very open and are well-versed people who accept nearly everything, but it may just be a tad much for some of them. I think Sasha would be cool with it, but my best friend Grace...wouldn't be able to handle it.

Both my family and friends don't know about my wolfdog-ish-ness, so it'd be a toss. I've mentioned it before (not referring to myself, of course), and they've had pretty negative reactions at first, but grown to the idea "Whatever they want to believe, I guess."

My boyfriend:
I asked him, and he said he'd probably flip out, and hope I didn't maul him. xD That was implying I shifted in front of him, though. I'm hoping he'd reconize me with the key and bandana or from the fact I've talked about this before with him. But he'd most likely break up with me if I physically shifted. He's okay with the idea, kinda okay-ish with the mental shifting (he can tolerate it, though doubts its authenticity), and physical shifting would be like "No. I'm done. I can't deal with a dog for a girlfriend. xD;;" He also said it'd be prety awesome, as long as I wasn't stuck in that form and I had some control over the shifts. I dunno, people act differently when they think about something, and when they're actually faced with something.

It all comes down to whether I can shift back or not, it seems. Different scenario for each.

cheetah
June 12th, 2011, 01:36 PM
Cheetah, I do not think that we're quite there yet. We still have trouble considering people of different nationalities and ethnicities as equals. I don't mean black+ white either. Just look at how we treat Muslims here in America. We've got a long way to go until we're ready to tolerate another species as intelligent as we are.

The difference, of course, is that the popular imagination has dolphins as 'cute' and Muslims as 'scary'. Though if people found out some of what dolphins do...

BladedMako
June 12th, 2011, 08:21 PM
Wow Caris, you are an insect?! That's an odd and intresting theriotype. What does that feel like?

Kettleburn
June 16th, 2011, 10:39 PM
Honestly, I think my Girlfriend would recognize me, and instantly ask if she could ride me. I think my friend would have the same reaction, haha. Actually I know she would. Who wouldn't want to ride a dragon? I would happily oblige, after of course I learned to use my wings. ;) I think my cats would never forgive me though, and give my lady a very hard time for letting that beastie in the house.

theniwouldflyawaytoanicecaveandlivethereforever. :3

Ali
June 17th, 2011, 12:00 PM
I think everyone would be scared of me, my other worldly wolf/fox breed is huge!! On all fours it stands alone at least 5.5ft. Dont get me started if i turned into a dragon...they might want 2 kill me cause all ppl think where im from is the dragons r evil. Im a christian so my church might disown me.

Redmoon
June 21st, 2011, 03:01 PM
I...don't think much would change. I mostly stay inside all the time except when I go out for groceries and the gym. But I bet there'd be panic and the government would get involved and news stories and all that fun lot.

Agita
June 21st, 2011, 07:43 PM
My grandmother is the only family member who knows about my therianthropy. Everyone else just thinks I like wolves alot and pretend to be one for kicks. She understands just how painful, frustrating and stressful it can be for me at times, but also the more playful side.

I'd like to think If i turned up in her yard, alone because no one else could see me like that, with my favorite chew toy in my mouth that she would still put her arms around me and scratch me behind the ears how I like it.

Taiyoukousen
June 21st, 2011, 07:50 PM
Easy. Out into the forest I go.

Wren
July 11th, 2011, 01:20 PM
My family would wonder why there was a random cat in the house and why exactly it had wings and seemed to know them. xD Then they'd boot me outside and start looking for the human me, unless I had somehow shifted with my necklace still on. Then they'd recognize me and start freaking out.

My friends would understand a lot better because a few of them know what my therioside looks like/know about me, and most of them love animals so I think I'd be okay. The ones who know would freak out and pick me up and cuddle me and tell me how cool this was. And then they'd probably go text my other friends that I was a cat. xD

Vikaryous
July 11th, 2011, 07:08 PM
Depends. I think most people would have a fit of religious terror, though :P that or just plain terror. After all, fallen angels don't exactly get the best press.

My mate wouldn't be surprised. Everyone else, see above :P

KittyVel
July 11th, 2011, 07:17 PM
Depends. I think most people would have a fit of religious terror, though :P that or just plain terror. After all, fallen angels don't exactly get the best press.

My mate wouldn't be surprised. Everyone else, see above :P

I would ask to pet your wings. <O.O>

copb.phoenix
July 11th, 2011, 07:30 PM
Uh, well, since I'm a furry and my therioside matches my three main fursonas, I'll go ahead and address this from each one, mmmmkay? After all, to me, there are benefits to each one (and I'm rained in by a massive thunderstorm with intermittent power failure, laptop.)

My quote breaks for wandering eyes:

Therioside
First struggle: How do I escape the apartment? I'm over top one of countless shops, the door is always locked and a normal handle, and there's no nearby roofs. I wedge my windows and so forth. Even if I can get to ground inside the shop, the door is a push door with a small handle that opens inward, about chest height on the inside. I've tried to break into both doors (apartment and shop) when I couldn't get in before, as well as break out (dared to by shop owner) of the shop. It cannot be done when the door is properly shut without hands, and cannot be done at all if it is locked.

So, let's assume either every single door is open to the street, or that I happen to shift somewhere private outside. Either one is fine.

Next problem comes people on the street. We do not allow random animals running around here, and there is no pet in city limits larger than a golden retriever (AFAIK)... Someone will undoubtedly call animal control or try to incapacitate me to turn over to (you guessed it) animal control. Let's assume one of three ends to this: (1) Animal control keeps me under sedation and control, studies me, then puts me back into the wild, which for me is a good end and we can stop there, being the arctic. (2) Animal control quietly euthanizes me. Bad end. (3) I escape all of these attempts and escape the city for the woods surrounding and around/through the cities of the valley.

Following the third one: I then progress to the north, as far as I can get. There are a lot of ways to determine; Any one determinate - the sun, the stars, moss, plant growth, signage if I can still read - would be quite fine. Working further and further North I would eventually end up in or around Canada. Getting in would seem the only hard part (not sure how that would go, so no fork here). After I'm in, it's a set life.

Yes, I care about my family and my mate and my friends. If I am a wolf, they wouldn't really understand anyway, so it's best if I just leave. The one exception is if I would shift in front of my mate and she was somewhere that she could keep me as a pet ~ happy end number 3, I suppose.

Che'ro Fae'lynn (the dude in my avatar)

Plot follows that by this date after an accidental reverse trip, Che'ro is capable of limited time travel, near-instant travel between physical and dimensional locations, is more-or-less-immortal being already dead and escaping his purgatory, and has modest psychic abilities. Enslave the human race, settle on a distant star, keep travelling forwards and backwards to see what the future/past holds, or try to be a normal member of society. I think I would try the last, then the first, then the third, then the second ~ in that order, as they failed/became boring.

Cre'na Fae'lynn
Do I get a choice? Cre'na pops uncontrollably between timelines, dimensions, and locations. I go wherever I go and make the best of all of it.

Sar'ras Fae'lynn
Sar'ras is a dream of the best of me... Or, the best I could ever see in me... That's difficult. She's capable of psychically transferring things between the state of matter and energy ~ I would likely offer my help in healing the wounded. She's very vulnerable and weak but doesn't age very quickly at all... I would have to hope that there's some goodness in humanity that truly wants some help from something that it would likely label a freak.

Dakota
July 11th, 2011, 10:03 PM
Hmm. This proposal is a bit hard to answer for me, since I haven't settled on one particular cat yet (and probably never will).

If I woke up as a housecat...
My boyfriend would be confused, friendly, and curious as to where I came from.
My mom (who lives out of town) would be friendly and try to pet me.

If I woke up as a bobcat/cougar/etc...
My boyfriend would be scared and run away, most likely. Unless I had found a way to communicate somehow. If he figured out it was me... then everything would be awesome.
My mom would probably be amazed to see my species at her doorstep, and would watch curiously from afar in excitement, with some fear as well.

And overall, the first thing I'd do alone is run on all fours through a field or forest... mmm. :3

Jessicat
July 11th, 2011, 10:36 PM
I'm a cladotherian! O.O

But since I associate with the snowleopard and housecat MOST.. let's see:

Housecat: Romp with my pet kitties and lay around in the sunshine debating the loss of oposable thumbs versus the gain of retractable claws.

Leopard: Romp around with my pet kitties and lay around in the sunshine; probably succumb to heat stroke if it were summer; and get great amusement from my room mate who would probably crap himself at the sight of a wildcat in our condo.

At which point I would be trapped, probably taken to the zoo and there would be some awesome newspaper headlines about me.

ArctosWolfos
July 12th, 2011, 10:35 AM
If I woke up today as an arctic wolf I'd stay inside it's like 100 degrees outside! I'd probably die...

But if it was cooler I'd go outside to the little creek across the street (If my mom let me out..), there's some kind of tunnel there and I've always wondered where it goes. I guess follow my nose and try to find some wilderness a lot of traffic to get around though :x

But if I woke up with the mind and body of a wolf my mom might try to kill me if I killed the cats :(

Ulfrick
July 17th, 2011, 12:30 PM
I would hide it from my family and would only show my wolf form to my friends who know about my wolf side.

Grace
August 4th, 2011, 02:12 AM
I would be desperate to find a way to show my family before they locked me in a kennel and called animal services. I'd probably grab the necklace my boyfriend gave me, or use body language to get my point across. Somehow, I think after the initial shock wore off they wouldn't be completely surprised.

My friends would probably think it was funny as hell. They'd take me on a walk or something. No doubt tease me along the way, they'd also think it was kind of cool and very appropriate for me.

Now, my boyfriend on the other hand. I don't see him being thrilled about the situation, because of course it wouldn't be the same. He would be my main motivation for changing back (if I could).

Rail Aybara
August 4th, 2011, 02:38 AM
Haha, a shark or a celestial wolf of sorts..
I don't think it would go well either way, people would not treat me very kindly.
-Rail

Astral
August 4th, 2011, 01:53 PM
If I woke up one day and was a dirty white wolf with light purple eyes...that would be odd. However, my partner said (yes, I just asked her :) ) that she'd be in shock and scared but then she'd be like, "Wtf? How'd you do that?" Lmao. It would be even more odd if I turned into my lion form, who is quite different looking from regular lions. My family...they would be freaked out most likely and probably wonder how a wolf could have purple eyes. :D Friends...they would be confused and probably wouldn't give a crap after awhile.

Seric Phriam
August 16th, 2011, 09:23 PM
I think about this wayyyy too much... XD

Firstly, I haven't said this on here before, but I'm a dragon-like creature made out of some kind of living glass, as far as I can tell. I can breathe fire, fly, and talk, but beyond that I don't know.

My dad would try to shoot me. I don't think it would work, but he would try. Then he'd call the police. Actually, if I woke up like this, he wouldn't be home.

I wouldn't be able to leave my room. XD Too big. And I live in a tiny little trailer. I MIGHT be able to squeeze myself outside, with a lot of effort and with my dog not getting in my way. My mom would know it was me. She would be startled at first, but then I think she'd be okay. I've told her about myself.

My sister I've told also, but she's really stupid about it. She'd probably freak out.

I would want to fly around of course. Unfortunately, I could probably be spotted on Google Earth if someone was looking at my area. I think I would probably be taken to some research facility, and they'd try to harvest my glass, which I would not like. Of course I wouldn't hesitate to defend myself, but that would make me look like a monster since of course they'd just think I'm viscous and killing people when it is them who would threaten me.

I would try to escape if I could, but I would miss my mom (we're close) and I couldn't come back, that would put her in danger.

I think if I could shift freely, THEN it would be great. It would be great anyway, if people weren't such destructive, judgmental idiots.

CammaTheBrownFox
June 21st, 2013, 01:51 PM
Wow... A Fox/Cat... Oooh, this should be fun to imagine! :D
If I shifted at home...
Mom: She would see that I'm friendly, then pet me a bit. plus, I'd find a way of telling her that it's me.

If I shifted In school...
My classmates: "AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!"
My Teacher: "Everyone calm down while I call animal control!"
My Friends: "AWESOME!!! CAN I PET IT?!"

If I shifted in public...
Well, I dunno. Crowds are hard to read, but I don't live in a very country area, so i prob wouldn't be shot or anything.

AquaforLife
June 23rd, 2013, 06:18 PM
Well, that'd be awkward for me. I live in the suburbs surrounded by a deciduous forest, the closest body of water being a river. So, it wouldn't be too fun if I stayed at home. A sea lion appearing in place of a seemingly normal human would be bound to attract attention.

But if I shifted near the ocean? I'd be the happiest thing in the world. Finally in a body and mind that I felt comfortable in, able to live out my days among other sea lions...that would be awesome!

hotdogwolf
June 23rd, 2013, 07:30 PM
If I transformed into my wolf form I think my mother would take it as a sign from god because she is one of those religious nuts. My father would think I am weird. Then again I am pretty sure he thinks I'm weird already. As for my non-therian brother. I don't know because he doesn't live with me any more. As for other family members, I am sure they would have no idea of what to make of that. Me shifted in my wolf form.

swanblood
June 23rd, 2013, 07:39 PM
Count me as another one of those people who thinks about it all the time, haha.

If I woke up as a swan, the first thing I worry about would be our cats. I would have to get from my room to my parents' room without the cats thinking that I am prey, and trying to attack me (which is almost impossible because they usually sleep in there at night). They have different personalities, two of them would run away because a swan is a really big bird and they're scared of big noisy birds, but my bigger, male cat would probably try to pounce on me. I don't want my first experience as a swan to be having to fight with my cat.

I have told my parents about my therianthropy, so they probably would understand. There's no reason for a swan to be in a house in a desert area where swans don't even exist. I often thought that I would try to pick up a pen and write with my beak or feet. I don't know if I could do it though. But bird brains are pretty smart, if I remembered my human life, I probably would figure out a way to communicate who I am. Even spell it out with alphabet beads or something. (Hmm, it might be a good idea for all therians to own a letter board so that in the very rare possibility that we did transform, we could spell things out very easily just by pointing...)

If I can communicate that then I probably would ask to be taken to an area somewhere more north of here, where my species can live comfortably. I don't really like my chances of travelling through the desert to go north, as a mute swan. It would be a sad goodbye, but ultimately I would want to live as I am meant to live. I might ask to go to the Palace of Fine Arts and see if I can make friends with the swans there that I have known as a human. Spend a little bit of time with them, and then, fly away to somewhere else.

After I had good control of my body and learned to cope with finding food on my own, I might try to see if I can find a few of my friends and show up on their doorstep. I bet if they saw a swan who was acting strange around them, they'd know it was me. But, I wouldn't have the internet any more so I probably wouldn't be able to find them. I would probably just end up forgetting about that life to be honest, and spend the rest of my life doing swan things, maybe raise some babies if I'm not too old, and occasionally walk into a bakery or something and steal some food to surprise people and get in the news, haha.

DragonicWolf
June 25th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Swans are badass they don't need to worry about no cats!
http://static2.stuff.co.nz/1311986653/698/5364698.jpg

wereaibo
June 25th, 2013, 01:05 PM
This gets asked a lot on various therian and otherkin forums and I always give the same answer. I would wander around at night and try to become a local legend like The Fouke Monster or the Honey Island Swamp monster. I'd have fun freaking out the humans and if they shot me they may damage the synthetic fur but the metal chassis would prevent it from damaging the internals so that isn't really a concern. Besides being bulletproof would only add to the terror factor.

Livvy
June 26th, 2013, 01:35 AM
Oooh neat! Hmm. OK.

I would wake up as a leopard smaller than my dog, female Arabian Leopards weighing like 40-45 lbs, and being half the size of African leopards. I think, yeah, I'd be welcome to stay in my family -- by humans, dogs, and cats -- though shopping for groceries for me might become at least slightly more challenging haha.

Since I'd still be me, I figure my ba would still be the clumped-together, existential ball of leopard-human, so I'd get to do leopard-things (the things I long to do but are impossible in a human's body), while truly appreciating my opportunity to do so with my human-mind that was long deprived of the chance to act like the leopard I am. These would be simple things like once more running in a cat-body, bathing myself and feeling rough tongue against fur, spreading out the claws of my front "hands" and feeling the texture of ground beneath them, and making the sorts of cat-sounds native to leopards, the chirrups, murrs, trills, grumbles, purrs, and more. Oh, just once to be in leopard form, and to roll on my back in the dirt, sending up a cloud of dust around me, then rising with a long, contented stretch!

If I could live a human lifespan, I don't think I'd even want to change back. I might miss the ah, company of a male leopard and miss having the resulting kittens to raise, but that just wouldn't be right, not unless he, too, was a leopard with a human-mind. :o

Yes! He and I both could be leopard-bodied, human-thinking, leopard/human-souled beings! Oh gods, then, we could fall in love (thanks to our human-minds), and have a mini-leopard wedding! Don't worry, we would invite all of you who'd like to attend, as long as you promised not to attack or kill us, if in your animals forms. :p

swanblood
June 26th, 2013, 02:08 AM
DragonicWolf, haha, true! But I also wouldn't want to hurt my cats. And I might still lose some feathers... It would just be better if we didn't get into a fight.

And Livvy, I'll come to your leopard wedding if you promise I won't be the main course!

techno156
June 26th, 2013, 07:04 AM
If I did transform into my theriotype/s, I'd probably start off by jumping 5 feet (not literally :P) when I saw myself in the mirror. As for everyone else.... at school, I'd probably scare everyone, as my school is for 'logical' kids. :P (Hardly, as I'm in it. XD) But it'd be interesting ... Of course, I'd have to walk home, which means 50KM, or I'd get taken to the zoo/veterinary centre/veterinary training centre, which would be a shame... Although, if my entire class was comprised of therians and they all transformed... They'd scare the teachers half to death. XD

Chanco19
June 26th, 2013, 01:32 PM
I think my family would utterly freak, I doubt they'd even recognise me.
I think the horses would have mixed reactions though, my baby would love it, but Vigo'd just see me as another threat to his food bowl.
Personally I'd love it, taking a good long gallop would be my top priority, closely followed by seeing how high I could jump!

Brandon
July 27th, 2013, 01:33 AM
Well being a rather large dragon im sure i would get noticed fairly quickly. Even in Vermont`s country side.
Family: Having a creature that as far as most of humanity is concerned does`nt exist replace me. im pretty sure they`ed figure it out quickly. If not i hope i can speak or at the very least type.
Friends: Same as family but im sure they would teas me about it some. After i explained it if possible.

If i woke up transformed it would be the situation so far. With media attention of coarse.
In public on the other hand there would be an uproar. headlines around the country im sure. then some study`s would be done. And if it went bad i would spend the rest of my days in captivity. Perferably id be released but not likely.

If released i would leave after a year or so and roam. Maybe leave the country altogether.

But there is also learning to use the new body. Witch would likely be a pain.
There`s also figuring out what i can and cant eat. ideal living conditions, and how the public would react if i traveled.

And how would i deal with the pain of leaving my old life behind. Id be depressed for awhile. Then i would try to make the best of it.

And last but not least the pain of transforming. how would anyone deal with that kind of pain?(given you survive)

Somnia
July 27th, 2013, 12:22 PM
@Brandon - Hello and welcome to Werelist. Please remember to use Business English while you participate on the forums. This means using proper grammar (to the best of your ability), spelling (please use a spell checker if you have issues with spelling), punctuation, apostrophes in the proper places, etc.

There are several things I notice in your post that are a bit off, but if you proofread your posts before posting it should help you quite a bit. The main thing I'm noticing is you need to capitalize your "I's" and some of your apostrophes are a little off (ex: "does'nt" should be "doesn't", "they'ed" should be "they'd", "study's" should be "studies").

We ask all of our members to try their best with typing in proper English because some members have reading disabilities, and others rely on translations to read and understand the forums. This helps avoid confusion and makes it easier to understand. Thank you.

Somnia
July 27th, 2013, 04:33 PM
You do not need to re-post. If you need to make changes to your original post, please use the Edit feature instead of re-posting. After reading your re-post, you didn't change anything at all. It's exactly the same as your original post so I am going to delete it.

KaraWolfDragon
August 22nd, 2013, 03:03 PM
If I changed into a border collie, my parents would be like "Where the hell did this dog come from?!?!" And if I changed into a wolf/dragon, my mom would probably scream and maybe faint, and my dad would be like "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT?!?! OMG THE RAPTURE IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!! IT'S A DEMON!!" (maybe I'm paraphrasing XD)

My friends would probably be like "THAT IS SO COOL!!!"

kialish
August 25th, 2013, 12:24 PM
If I woke up in my true form one day... I wouldn't really want to stick around to see my parents or sisters' reaction. They don't know im Therian so they would probably be very confused as to why there was a wolf in the house and first instinct of most humans is fear. I'd retreat into the Pennsylvania wildlife and find a pack. There are grey wolves around here.

Vulpatigris
August 26th, 2013, 01:23 AM
If I woke up a fox, I'd probably get chased out of the house (my mum has this thing against animals in the house :P). Plus, I'd probably be shot because foxes are a huge no-no in NZ.

If I woke up a tiger, I'd probably get captured and shipped off to the nearby zoo as the newest attraction (there's no Siberian tigers in NZ, just sayin' :P).

But hopefully, the few friends I've told will speak up and they'll let me roam around school and scare juniors (never happening :P)

Searchingforfreedom
August 26th, 2013, 11:12 AM
If I turned into my therioside...I almost dread to think what would happen xD I'd be so happy about being a wolf, but then my family's reactions would probably be depressing. Mum and dad would probably go hysterical and try to chase me out of the house (i hope - that's the least bad thing they would do, especially seeing as dad's family were in the army for a long time). My foster brother would probably be interested in what was happening, seeing as he really likes wolves. But none of my friends or family seem to know about therianthropy, and I don't know if I ever plan to tell them.

Amaruq
July 22nd, 2014, 03:39 PM
I can see my dad either trying to sell me off to a shelter or zoo. XD
I think my mom would scream and run away at first, but then she'd kinda get used to me being a large predatory animal! My three little siblings would probably want a ride on my back.

My aunt Nikki would probably take me everywhere around town to scare people, too!

mynameispiper
August 8th, 2014, 01:51 AM
My family would have to deal with the suffocating, flapping shark on the living room floor. Not pleasant.

If it happens, I'd much prefer to be near an ocean. For the sake of survival. Also, because my dad would probably panic and take me to a zoo, and I don't think I'd handle captivity very well.

Berlin
August 18th, 2014, 01:39 AM
Hmm. Thinking about it...I would risk a gunshot to the head if such an event as transforming was possible due to the fact that I'd be a "wild animal" in their house. I'd figure my dad, the former hunter, would do the honor. On the other, less negative (though if this was real, less probable) side...I'd probably get chased out of the house until I was human again.

Malchior
August 18th, 2014, 08:39 AM
I would probably think I was dead upon waking up, but without my body being anywhere I would be pretty confused. Also, I would probably (if I was solid at the time/was a living version of myself) break my bed in half out of size. My mom would probably panic and start crying, but she also has seen my art before, so might figure it out. My grandma would be confused, and perhaps apprehensive.

I'd probably leave as soon as possible, since I could fly and perhaps move through solid objects. If I could I would hunt deer and such, and probably cause a massive commotion since dragons don't exist. My friends would know it was me and some of my otherkin friends might be jealous, and they'd snuggle up in my fur or ask to take a ride (good luck, I have spikes.)

I think generally at school would probably suck, lots of people would freak out. I'd probably try to reach my mom and tell her I was leaving/what happened, and then get out of there.

I honestly wouldn't mind being kept in a zoo, so long as they let me out to fly around. Free food, a free place to sleep that they clean for you... That's like every college kid's dream, dragon or not.

Darkstorm
August 18th, 2014, 10:15 PM
My mom's favourite animal is a tiger so I'm not sure if she would scream and runaway (more likely) or try to give me a hug (less likely but still possible). Going to school as a big cat and seeing the looks on people faces would be priceless though! I think I would probably pretend to attack my friends just to freak them out and then get out of there before some form of law enforcement showed up. Haha..

Natsilani
August 19th, 2014, 02:33 AM
Likely my mother would scream and try to impose the powers of Christ to have this vile satanic beast leave her home (I'm a werewolf). Dad would grab a baseball bat and try to do me in. My sister...she would most likely go "cool!" and try to pet me. I would likely be forced to flee the house.

As for what next...I guess I would head north, try to get to the wilds of northern Ontario. I would have to stay away from the highways and most likely only travel at night to avoid some kind of massive manhunt from scared folks calling the police. Although risking that, I may have to steal some food here and there from late-night diners and truck stops, if I couldn't find anything to hunt on my own. I'm sure they wouldn't mind missing a pack of hot dogs or two, considering I'm not attacking them lol. It's rare for common folks up here to carry guns so unless I run into a cop I shouldn't have any trouble stealing a bit from said diners. If I had to.

My eventual plan would be to find some kind of shelter and make a niche for myself as an apex predator of the bush up north. Learning how to hunt with a werewolf body shouldn't be any trouble since it comes naturally to me anyway. Maybe help lost hikers and such once in a while. If I'm able to I might even try to find a wolf mate and have pups (since my werewolf forms can be anthro or feral). Where that would lead, I have no clue.

....I better stop before I make myself emotional.

hotdogwolf
August 19th, 2014, 07:08 PM
If I had transformed into my theriotype my mother and her boyfriend would wonder how this ''dog'' got into the house and where I went. My mother would freak out and called the cops and tell them I was missing. There would be a whole big media thing on where I was and all that. Everyone would be looking for me. Mean while, My mother and her boyfriend would be taking care of me all the time I was in my Wolf form by feeding me dog food and some people food. I would also be able to play with my dogs. I am sure that my family and people would stop looking for me when I turn back into my human form. They would also want to know what happened to me and to where I was all this time. Question. Everyone on here has pets. What do you think would happen to your pets if interacted with them in your theriotype form.?

Natsilani
August 19th, 2014, 07:25 PM
Well I have a dog. I don't know, if there's a scuffle over food I could kill her. But I think it's more likely that even in my werewolf state I would see her as part if my pack...as my child.

hotdogwolf
August 20th, 2014, 02:54 PM
That is one of the things that would happen with my and my dogs. We would fight over food. Maybe. But the would all come down too if I still didn't have my human mind. I think if I still had my human mind then I wouldn't fight with them over food. I would just let them have it. If I just going by my Wolf instincts then yes I would fight over food with them and would most likely end up hurting in the end. But that is not to say my dogs wouldn't put up a fight. They maybe small but there tough.:D

ChildOfTheStars
August 21st, 2014, 04:29 PM
Depends... I am ploy-kin. But If I were to become a snarling hyena my mother would probably scream! My best friend would probably scream for 2 seconds then try to ride me ... If I were to become my reptilian kin-type my mother would scream until her voice was so high pitched no one could her it. My friends well I don't know....

Kisota
August 21st, 2014, 09:34 PM
We'd have to pay a goddamn pet deposit.