PDA

View Full Version : New site ready to install software and start building

Savage
June 10th, 2012, 08:12 PM
Coyote has the keys in his email, and can set up the software he wanted (Vanilla Forums) at his convenience.

New site (nothing there yet till Coyote does the install) is http://coyote.horizon.com.

Ashen
June 11th, 2012, 01:19 AM
Great! Thank you.. ^_^ .. just a few more days and my move will be wrapped up and I can start work on the building part of it after Coyote does what he needs to.

Lenowill
June 11th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Woo! Thanks Savage.

I'll see if I can help Ashen more with preparing content for it after she finishes the move.

Coyote
July 15th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Hey folks, I'm not dead, and didn't forget. I just got slammed unexpectedly with work, and have been mostly brain-dead. This should _not_ be a normal case where I work.

I'm finding that there are a couple of flies in the ointment with Vanilla Forum's login method - to wit, it doesn't really provide very good single-sign-on after all, and doesn't sync properly as far as profiles and passwords and stuff.

So, I've been working on another solution that I think will be suitable, and get us the functionality we need.

Lenowill
July 16th, 2012, 03:21 AM
It's good to hear from you on it. :)

Things have been hectic as usual here. It's cranked up to eleven in a couple of ways but been better in others. So, it's just as well that the site software isn't ready right this second. Hopefully with us getting some rain now, some of the physical aspects of the hectic-ness will be calming down, though.

I'll see if I can email you tonight.

Ashen
July 16th, 2012, 08:48 PM
Thanks for the update Coyote. Let me know if you need anything from us that Leno hasn't already gotten to you. ^_^