PDA

View Full Version : If you were a fictionkin

KaraWolfDragon
October 3rd, 2012, 03:34 PM
If you were a fictionkin, what do you think you would be and why?

If I was a fictionkin, I think I'd probably be a Pokemon, probably Houndoom or Ninetails because I just LOVE them to death because of how awesome they look and just are. Or maybe I'd be some kind of kitsune with either 3 or 5 tails because those are like the perfect numbers, but not 4 because an even number of tails seems bad to me. I like foxes and think the idea of having multiple tails is really cool. ^.=.^

Arawn
October 3rd, 2012, 06:33 PM
If I was fictionkin, I'd be a vampire along the lines of Lestat. This is something I've toyed with in the past given my extreme love the vampire genre [Lestat and older] along with the Victorian era, etc. Think of anything stereotypically vampire [minus burning to a crisp in sunlight and being allergic to garlic], it's pretty much what I identify with.

There is a particular vampire that I really heavily with almost to the point of identifying as him and that is Lestat de Lioncourt. Everything about him has also spoken to me. Now, whether this is because he's the kind of man I want to be or something else is entirely up for debate.

House of Chimeras
October 3rd, 2012, 06:40 PM
Myself and Mist Weaver are fictionkin - myself being a garou (specifically a Black Spiral Dancer) from Werewolf The Apocalypse and her a Named from the book series Ratha and the Named .

(Course for us, it has nothing to do with likes... but somehow I doubt that is the concern of this thread.)

- Cavern-Risen

Alliana
October 3rd, 2012, 06:59 PM
I'd probably be one of the wolves in Wolf's Rain if I was fictionkin, able to switch back and forth through an illusion so that I can blend in with society and have my wolf form to revert back to.

Or maybe a dragon would be nice, like a red dragon from World of Warcraft. :) I have always admired on how much they love other beings (well, those raised by Alexstrasza anyway, who happens to be the Aspect of Life) and I wish I could have that ability.

Akai
October 3rd, 2012, 08:17 PM
Used to do the whole "moogle" bit from final fantasy. I...probably wouldn't do again. In fact, I don't think I like the prospect too much. T'were I to choose, I guess I'd do Charizard, even though Mew fits me better. =^.^=;

Well, the thing I keep remembering is what it means to be -kin. To feel like you are x creature but not is pretty heavy on my mind, and while I was under the thought I was moogle, it maddened me to see how un-moogle I was, and how it felt forced. If t came to me more naturally, it makes me wonder about my grip with reality.

It's part of the reason I'd choose Charizard, because it's quite dragon-like and I can form some type of bond or connection with other dragons and as it stands, I'm okay with not having wings for flight, seeing as I've flown before (granted not in the same manner as a Charizard would). The fire breath can be emulated with human fire-breathing at least.

Despite all this, I still declared Mew to be more like me. I commonly cameo-shift, and at all, without losing sight of who I am, so that aspect of them fits me pretty damn well. I also love how cute they are! Tails are pretty damn nice, I might add. Maybe it's just that I am a cat, wouldn't mind being one again. Heh, there's a interesting tid-bit that, well, Mews could be solitary creatures, but the same could be said for most legendaries. The solidarity is fine with me, just, I kinda like being around others at time, which I guess they do, too. It's, a tad difficult to explain. =^.^=;

OhDeer
October 3rd, 2012, 11:13 PM
I've always thought that Furret was an adorable Pokemon, so I'll go with that just purely for cuteness.

Natsilani
October 4th, 2012, 12:34 AM
Hm...It's most likely that I don't know very much at all about fictionkin (it's almost like a foreign language to me, I don't get it at all...), but I don't know what I'd be. :/ Part of me is pretty sure that I'd be some kind of werewolf from a story or something. Although I think, if I had a choice in the matter, I'd choose to be a Mrrshan from Master of Orion II. They're sooo cute...especially the pic of General R'lenn from Orion III.

MountainGhost
October 4th, 2012, 12:50 AM
though the writing wasn't the best in the world, I loved the descriptions of the characters in the book Hawksong. I should get around to reading the other ones in the series.
I'd be happy to be either the avian or the serpiente, because my personality I feel tends to fall somewhere between what is described of those two races and I related to many aspects of both. I lean slightly more towards hawk though, and that's why I picked it as a halloween costume this year. :)

now, if we're talking less about being an actual fiction-kin person in real life, and more about really being the fictional creature, then just general shapeshifter all the way, with no limit whatsoever on the shapes or forms or anything else about it. as it is, that's my experience in my head, so it'd just be about making that physical. If I could *actually* shift, I'd go through a lot of shapes often, but I'd choose to spend the majority of my time as a snow leopard. :)

AnAnonymousFox
October 4th, 2012, 01:01 AM
Does this have to be one that someone else wrote? Because to be honest there are some species from my own stories that I wouldn't mind being.

Nashoba
October 4th, 2012, 01:13 AM
Does this have to be one that someone else wrote? Because to be honest there are some species from my own stories that I wouldn't mind being.

Same here. There's a massive cast of impossible creatures that lives inside my imagination; almost all of them are horribly terrifying and/or technically not alive. However, if I were one of them I'd be a (they don't actually have a name as far as I know): a hominid without all the detail. No hands, feet, or any facial features other than a pair of eyes and a cartoonish mouth when speaking. The head's a near-perfect sphere and the body's almost entirely featureless, just a pale white from spending centuries inside decaying skyscrapers. Also, the arms work sorta like octopus arms. They're hard to explain, but remarkably easy to draw.

Cognitive Dissonance
October 4th, 2012, 03:19 AM
(Course for us, it has nothing to do with likes... but somehow I doubt that is the concern of this thread.)

- Cavern-Risen
Do you find this topic offensive? I'm not sure how I would feel about this conversation if I was you.

Actually, I'm not sure how I feel about this conversation as myself either. It seems like it is asking "if some very fundamental part of your identity was changed, who would you be?" which is sort of unanswerable. I can tell you some of my favorite characters or things that resonate with me, but who would I be if I wasn't me doesn't make much sense to me.

House of Chimeras
October 4th, 2012, 08:34 AM
There is such a thing for fictionkin. They are called Insourced fictionkin where they identity as something that they created (course that gets into chicken or the egg debates but yeah).

Do you find this topic offensive? I'm not sure how I would feel about this conversation if I was you.

Actually, I'm not sure how I feel about this conversation as myself either. It seems like it is asking "if some very fundamental part of your identity was changed, who would you be?" which is sort of unanswerable. I can tell you some of my favorite characters or things that resonate with me, but who would I be if I wasn't me doesn't make much sense to me.
Basically my thoughts are the same as yours. I'm not sure. There are threads were people are asked what they would want or like their theriotype to be, but then again this simply asked if you were fictionkin what would you be could be taken differently.

- Mist Weaver

Kisota
October 4th, 2012, 01:30 PM

Same here. I mean, I can try to think of fictional characters/species that resonate with me, but nothing really comes to mind, certainly nothing that is or could be -me- on such an integral level as my theriotype.

I can imagine what sorts of fictional things I would want to literally, physically BE if I could, but trying to imagine what I would identify as if I didn't already identify as what I am... doesn't really follow for me.

KaraWolfDragon
October 4th, 2012, 01:41 PM

Sorry if this topic seems offensive or confusing, I meant it to just be fun like, what fiction thing do you most relate to or would you want to be, that's why it's in the fun and games section.

Cognitive Dissonance
October 4th, 2012, 03:39 PM
Sorry if this topic seems offensive or confusing, I meant it to just be fun like, what fiction thing do you most relate to or would you want to be, that's why it's in the fun and games section.
I didn't think that you were trying to be offensive, and I'm personally not offended. The fiction-kin in the Chimera system are the only ones I can recall ever meeting. I know that Cavren-Risen has expressed displeasure in the past about fiction-kin not being taken seriously. I was wondering how her and Mist Weaver felt about this topic.

I do find it somewhat confusing, but phrased the way that you just did "what fictional thing do you most relate to" seems answerable to me. There is nothing that immediately jumps to mind for me though. I'll think about it some more.

Draconic
October 4th, 2012, 04:08 PM
I wouldn't want to be fictionkin, quite honestly. Please don't take that as offensive; I just can't see myself identifying as a character/creature from modern fiction.

However, if I were; I guess... A Dragon from the movie 'Reign of fire'.

Amarok
October 4th, 2012, 04:17 PM
:) FUN AND GAMES SECTION :) Just sayin'....not implying anything offensive at all I hope!

For me it would be a Firebender from Avatar the Last Airbender.

House of Chimeras
October 4th, 2012, 05:23 PM
:) FUN AND GAMES SECTION :) Just sayin'....not implying anything offensive at all I hope!
Yes, but on the other hand when you haven’t been able to go much of anywhere in your own community over all the years you’ve been there without finding a fair lot of people wanting to play you as a joke or toss you aside as someone that just ‘likes’ something - you naturally get a little wary when something could turn into another “lets laugh at these crazy people” all over again. This thread isn’t, but I’ve seen other places turn into one.

I wouldn't want to be fictionkin, quite honestly. Please don't take that as offensive; I just can't see myself identifying as a character/creature from modern fiction.
I don't want to be fictionkin either. In fact - I personally hate it some days. I honestly think I would change my identity at a drop of a hat if I could. I hate all the jokes and jabs. I wish... I could be something else most days.

- Mist Weaver

Akai
October 4th, 2012, 07:17 PM
For me it would be a Firebender from Avatar the Last Airbender.

Out of curiosity, does this count? I mean, a firebender is basically a human who can bend their inner fire to a physical manephestation. Unless of course you mean the firebending creators that are the dragons. XD

Again, fun and games! :D

Amarok
October 4th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Yes, but on the other hand when you haven’t been able to go much of anywhere in your own community over all the years you’ve been there without finding a fair lot of people wanting to play you as a joke or toss you aside as someone that just ‘likes’ something - you naturally get a little wary when something could turn into another “lets laugh at these crazy people” all over again. This thread isn’t, but I’ve seen other places turn into one.

I don't want to be fictionkin either. In fact - I personally hate it some days. I honestly think I would change my identity at a drop of a hat if I could. I hate all the jokes and jabs. I wish... I could be something else most days.

- Mist Weaver

Yeah, maybe "kin" wasn't the best choice of words since it can be sensitive, it seems to be more like "if you could be a pokemon, or a superhero, or wahtever" but I'm not sure that was what KaraWD was asking in the first place. And in that sense my answer was more what I would rather BE, instead of being a kin of, since then I would still be stuck in this stupid human body that isn't a wolf AND can't firebend.

But I understand and sympathise with your wariness, but still trying to keep it light!

@Akai .... I have no idea if it does or not! If I REALLY wanted to be me? I would be a firebending wolf! Hah!!!

Peco
October 4th, 2012, 08:26 PM
For me? It would be most notably a Time Lord (not necessarily the Doctor himself, but a Time Lord for sure), everything I've read on them as an Alien Race and followed in the fandom rings true to me but that also could be the part of me that identifies as Angelic.

To quote our lovely Doctor with a slight twist: "Time Lords look Angel." (Instead of "Humans look Time Lord".)

But yes, a Time Lord (or Lady? would that be right?) would be what I'd identify as if I were to simply look at all of the things out there and match them best with my mental mind-set. That, and I think I'm a bit Mad like the Doctor as well so it helps.

Talos
October 6th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Eh, I don't get this thread but I guess I would go with Alex Delarge.

akumu_ookami
November 14th, 2012, 03:22 AM
If we're talking fiction like as in a character of a book then, I would have to go with either Jane or Xhex from the Black Dagger Brotherhood, or perhaps one of the girls from the Heart of the Wolf series I'm still reading them so I'm not too sure.

Ralko
December 19th, 2012, 06:50 PM
I would be a shadow wolf. It is a wolf made of pure darkness.

Meesira
December 20th, 2012, 06:41 PM
I would be a selkie or a gryffin OR a gryffin that was part seal >D I want to fly and breath underwater at the same time but I can't lol! Penguin/seal gryffin would be amazing!

hotdogwolf
December 20th, 2012, 07:52 PM
I would be one of the wolves from wolf's rain. Or a dragon from the how to train your dragon movie/show.

ShadowItami
December 20th, 2012, 08:18 PM
I would probably be something along the lines of a Arrancar, from Bleach. Because screw humans, and I love Ulquihorra!

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100512082413/bleach/en/images/a/ae/Resurrecci%C3%B3n_Segunda_Etapa.png

hotdogwolf
December 20th, 2012, 08:26 PM
:eek:WOW!! Shadow.

Kisota
December 20th, 2012, 11:39 PM
That's super badass, Shadow!!

But you probably want to resize that to fit the forum's standards.

ShadowItami
December 21st, 2012, 12:40 AM
That's super badass, Shadow!!

But you probably want to resize that to fit the forum's standards.

lol IDK how, if anyone can do it for me.

Nina Black
February 13th, 2013, 05:49 PM
If i were a fiction kin then i would be like to be a demon cat with demon wings and i would have to be black to fit my theriotype:p

KaraWolfDragon
February 14th, 2013, 12:22 PM
Nina if someone is what you described they're not really a fictionkin, they're just otherkin ^^ Pick something from a book or a show or something, though. Like Pokemon or a werewolf that shapeshifts when the temperature changes like in the book Shiver.

Superperson
February 14th, 2013, 12:44 PM
If I could be anything I would be a elf of some kind, that or a fairy.

Crowsong
February 14th, 2013, 12:58 PM
I probably would be the character Hollyleaf from the Warriors series; goodness knows she and I are very very similar (and, without me realizing it, that led me to hate her for the longest time).
However, I do seem to just have a tendency to relate to black-furred green-eyed things, the sister wolf in off-white (haven't looked at that in a few months) reminded me much of myself as well and I think she had that appearance too (or maybe a super dark brown..)
I wanna say there's another instance of such a connection, but I can't remember...

If I could pick, I'd be one particular creature of my own creation that I'm too lazy to bother describing at the moment.

Vikaryous
February 27th, 2013, 05:48 PM
I guess technically angels would fall under fiction-kin for me. Just a myth, after all.

Other than that, I dunno what I would be, or want to be for that matter. Kind of a silly question, given I'll still be human and just have a different set of odd experiences and quirks to deal with.

Alliana
February 27th, 2013, 07:18 PM
I'd be a dragon if I was fictionkin, but alas, I am not.

hotdogwolf
February 27th, 2013, 09:52 PM
If I where a fictionkin, I would want to be a digimon.. That wolf digimon, I forget the name of it. Or I be a ghost-kin in a ghostbusters movie.:D

Wolf-Bone
February 27th, 2013, 10:01 PM
I'd be a Gargoyle. You know Brooklyn? I'm not sure if I'd be exactly like him, but pretty close in looks, voice and personality. I always identified with him the most, thought we had the most in common. I'd post a pic for reference but it seems all the ones I like are NSFW and the ones that aren't kinda suck. Funny how that works.

hotdogwolf
February 27th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Wolf-bone, I love that show, I watched every episode when I was a pup. Oh yeah here is another, I be the dog hunter from the 1990's cartoon show called road rovers.

Wolf-Bone
February 27th, 2013, 10:21 PM
You just know the creators of Road Rovers were probably furries.

hotdogwolf
February 27th, 2013, 10:25 PM
:D Oh I hope so, Because colleen, Is so hot.

Vikaryous
February 28th, 2013, 12:25 AM
If I where a fictionkin, I would want to be a digimon.. That wolf digimon, I forget the name of it. Or I be a ghost-kin in a ghostbusters movie.:D

Gabumon. Then Garurumon, Were-Garurumon, then Metal-Garurumon. Assuming you mean the first season and I'm thinking of the same one you are. He was dope.

Raqui
February 28th, 2013, 01:21 AM
Gabumon. Then Garurumon, Were-Garurumon, then Metal-Garurumon. Assuming you mean the first season and I'm thinking of the same one you are. He was dope.

Ha, look who's a digi-nerd :D

Crowsong
February 28th, 2013, 09:22 AM

Gabumon and Garurumon were my favorite digimon!!

hotdogwolf
February 28th, 2013, 09:00 PM
Thank you vik, Ownly 3 of the digimon forms I would want to be. Gabumon, were-garurumon, Metal-garurumon. I do mean the first season of digimon. The digimon shows and movie are great, I wish they where still on the air.

Lunar Wolf
March 1st, 2013, 05:06 AM
I think either a kobold or a hobbit cause their small cute and could make better assassins for their size, (fitting into small places no one ever seems to look.) That and they like to eat almost as much as me and don't get fat! (the only irl thing I have incommon with them)

Nina Black
March 1st, 2013, 10:10 AM
Nina if someone is what you described they're not really a fictionkin, they're just otherkin ^^ Pick something from a book or a show or something, though. Like Pokemon or a werewolf that shapeshifts when the temperature changes like in the book Shiver.
i would be Purrloin from pokemon then!! =^.^= Meow!! Or a Liepard. i might even be a Jigglypuff or a Dritini.

Gon
March 4th, 2013, 07:38 AM
Not sure if it counts, but I enjoy the idea of being a sentient vehicle, or an AI inhabiting a vehicle; which could include anything from Cars or Herbie up to EDI from the Mass Effect video game.

Lil-Red-Fox
March 6th, 2013, 10:11 AM
I don't think vampires are fiction...

Arawn
March 6th, 2013, 10:14 AM

It depends on what type of vampire you're talking about. Vampires that are psychic or sang aren't fiction, but vampires that are immortal, live solely on blood, burn in sunlight, are scared of crosses, sparkle, etc. are fiction.

Lunar Wolf
March 6th, 2013, 11:59 AM
It depends on what type of vampire you're talking about. Vampires that are psychic or sang aren't fiction, but vampires that are immortal, live solely on blood, burn in sunlight, are scared of crosses, sparkle, etc. are fiction.

Hey I sparkle! (if I put glitter on my self and prance about the parking lot of a gay bar lol)

Valkeria
March 8th, 2013, 05:55 PM
I think I'd be a gryphon. I've always loved them to pieces (I have been known to refuse to kill them) and I'd want to keep my wings.

wereaibo
March 10th, 2013, 01:28 PM
Vampires don't sparkle. Twilight vampires aren't vampires. They're fairies. And not the cool Fae kind. The tastes like diabetes floaty sparkly wand waving kind. They just pose as vampires to make themselves look cooler. At some point they're going to meet some real vampires who will be rather pissed about these posers going around staining their reputation. Those vampires will then open up a six pack of whoopass on the fakes. All that will be left of them are pools of sparkly blood and a few bone fragments. And that's how the series should end.

I'm not sure what I'd be if I were fictionkin. There are plenty of fictional creatures I identify with, but none to the point that I'd think it'd be a part of my identity. So I'm just gonna pick one at random and go with a Wookiee. Yep, I'd be a wookiee.

House of Chimeras
March 10th, 2013, 02:02 PM
Vampires are fictional. Sanguinarian vampires and psychic vampires are real life.

There are people who are vampirekin, such as myself who identify as vampires in the same sense that some people identify as werewolves or unicorns.

- Arron

Vampires don't sparkle. Twilight vampires aren't vampires. They're fairies. And not the cool Fae kind. The tastes like diabetes floaty sparkly wand waving kind. They just pose as vampires to make themselves look cooler.

Fae do not sparkle either? (If this is a pop culture reference sorry, I guess I don't get it.)

- Lunatani

wereaibo
March 10th, 2013, 02:17 PM
It was kind of a reference to the sparkly tooth fairy type fairies. The kind they tend to make girls' dolls out of. I don't know enough about actual Fae legends or Fae otherkin to comment on them.

hotdogwolf
March 10th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Ok Now this is just for fun, I would like to be a phillip J. fry kin.:D From futurama show.

Arawn
March 10th, 2013, 02:21 PM
It was kind of a reference to the sparkly tooth fairy type fairies. The kind they tend to make girls' dolls out of. I don't know enough about actual Fae legends or Fae otherkin to comment on them.

That's what I gathered. xD

From what I know, fae (in the legends) generally don't sparkle and most are downright scary. The Phooka/Puca/Pooka is one of those. They're shape-shifters and are very dark in personality though they can be nice. They don't sparkle in the least and are normally a black coloring.

wereaibo
March 10th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Ok Now this is just for fun, I would like to be a phillip J. fry kin.:D From futurama show.

So you want to be your own grandfather? ;)

hotdogwolf
March 10th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Yes, Yes I do. And don't you or arawn forget it. Then again, MAYBE NOT.!!

Raqui
March 10th, 2013, 03:54 PM
It would be fun to be a pokemon. It wouldn't be so much fun to be poke-kin. I have enough trouble believing myself as it is.

Chanco19
April 20th, 2013, 09:39 AM
I would quite like to be a NokkXFossegrimen hybridkin (a Scandinavian mythological creature that lures people out into water/on thin ice with fiddle playing and then eats them), a warmblood-type pegasus-kin, an old-type unicorn-kin (the carnivorous kind from Greek mythology) but of all things I can think of, I would like to be most of all is an Eeguis-kin, a monster I dreamt up for some original fiction I did with the body and tail of a horse, a head like a dog with a serious overbite (with needle sharp teeth) and long rigid legs that end in massive claws.
It is about 7ft tall at the shoulder and preys on medium sized mammals (really likes eating humans).
(anyone noticed a theme here? Dangerous, man-eating monsters make up my dreams).
But alas, I'm just a spooky little horse.

Skygryphon
April 25th, 2013, 01:55 AM
Hmm...the first would definitely be Rukia from Bleach. I've had so many people tell me I look/act exactly like her, and many actually call me by her name. Most of them have no idea other people have said the exact same thing before, adding to the creepiness factor. I didn't think much of it the first few times, but....after literally hearing it well over two dozen times from completely different people, it starts to make an impression on you. And I DO have to admit that our personalities are identical to the "T". If somebody asked me to describe myself as accurately as possible, I'd point to her. Probably just one of those strange coincidences, but she'd be the first I'd go to for possible fiction-kin.

I can't think of any other big ones right now, so I'll come back later. ^^

Loh
April 25th, 2013, 02:47 PM
If I could be a fictionkin? Haha, what a question!

Hmm, perhaps Marius from The Vampire Chronicles. I've always had a soft spot for him. Or Sora, from the Kingdom Hearts series. Sure, Sora's dumb as a box of old spaghetti, but he's also unfathomably sweet. Sheesh, or even Natsume, from Natsume Yuujinchou. I really enjoy the universe he inhabits.

Raqui
April 25th, 2013, 03:59 PM
You know what would be fun? Being Alucard. Or Ryuk. Ha ha, no one would believe you though.

Faith Formation
April 25th, 2013, 05:09 PM
We're not sure what to think of this thread. We guess it is just fun and games, but we do wonder how a therian community would react if a forum had a 'if you were a therian' thread like this.

Hmm, we're not sure we can even answer this. Having fictionkin and fictives around is so normal for us, we don't really think about who we would 'want' to be.

Heh.. we actually have some of the people that are mentioned here.

House of Chimeras
April 25th, 2013, 05:18 PM
We're not sure what to think of this thread. We guess it is just fun and games, but we do wonder how a therian community would react if a forum had a 'if you were a therian' thread like this.

Hmm, we're not sure we can even answer this. Having fictionkin and fictives around is so normal for us, we don't really think about who we would 'want' to be.

To be fair there are threads on 'if you could choose your theriotype, what would you want to be' however in how the communities have seen fictionkin for years in the past it does tread on egg-shells between being something just for fun like any 'if you could choose thread' to being something where more assumptions on fictionkin could be made by people if they read it the wrong way.

Kind of like if someone who is non-therian saw a thread on people 'choosing a theriotype' what that could possibly be read into that about how serious or not serious therianthropy is for people.

- Kardegray

Vikaryous
April 25th, 2013, 06:40 PM
Ha, look who's a digi-nerd :D

I watched the first season religiously. Didn't care for the second, third was meh, quit entirely after that. It helps that Gabumon was my favorite from the first season. Favorite overall was Terriermon http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110821072540/digimon/images/7/7b/Terriermon_t.gif

Gabumon and Garurumon were my favorite digimon!!

Happy coincidence? : P

Thank you vik, Ownly 3 of the digimon forms I would want to be. Gabumon, were-garurumon, Metal-garurumon. I do mean the first season of digimon. The digimon shows and movie are great, I wish they where still on the air.

You're welcome. I still have a few episodes of the first season on VHS, and the movie (which was fantastic). I'm sure you could find them online easily enough, legally and illegally.

Arawn
April 25th, 2013, 07:22 PM

Go for it. :p But I don't get upset by much and as HoC said, we have threads similar already. I just find it fascinating to see how people's minds work and threads like this show me that, lol.

Faith Formation
April 25th, 2013, 07:48 PM
@ Kardegray

I remember that back when we first found out about the therian and kin communities, people (who weren't in those communities, and who were also non-kin) assumed fursonas and kintypes were the same thing, and it was something you chose and designed. They basically thought therianthropy was just a fancy name for furry. I have nothing against furries, but I think the communities are pretty different, and that therianthropy is rather a deeper subject. Much like how fictionkin is a deeper subject than just being a fan. Especially in the cases when you know about your fictionkintype long before you find the source it is represented it.

-Skilyra

Mysleepingwolf
April 25th, 2013, 09:04 PM
I would love to be a Daemon from the His dark materials book collection. Would be completely awesome to be able to shift different forms until such a point when you find the perfect embodiment of your soul.

hotdogwolf
April 25th, 2013, 09:10 PM
I would think that having animal spirit guides and seeing ourselves as part animal would have been the perfect embodiment of our souls.

TherianthroeAndrewH
April 25th, 2013, 11:05 PM
I'd like to think an Argonian from the Elder Scrolls series.
That race seems to just click with me far more than any other race in any RPG I've played.

hotdogwolf
April 25th, 2013, 11:20 PM
The argonian are a cool looking race but I like the khajiit are really pawsome. Why is there ownly 2 beast races in the game.? I think there should be more.

Darcia
April 26th, 2013, 09:05 AM
I think (or at least I like to imagine) that I would be Tiffany Aching from the Discworld series.

yourdeer
April 26th, 2013, 09:44 AM
I would totally want to be a gnoll as per D&D 4.0. I have had dreams where I was my gnoll character and they were incredible.
Seriously, being a 7-foot-tall hyena-person-monster who can eat just about anything? Yes.

Of course, it would be nothing like how I actually am, and that is part of the fun. :)

Raqui
April 26th, 2013, 11:17 AM
Did any other dragonkin here play Skyrim? It was interesting for me, playing a character who was in-universe described as a dragon soul in a human (well, orc, actually) body.

wereaibo
April 26th, 2013, 12:42 PM
If a Heinz Doofenshmirtz kin ever shows up I am so outta here. :D

hotdogwolf
April 26th, 2013, 12:53 PM
If a Heinz Doofenshmirtz kin ever shows up I am so outta here. :D
Hey that's me,:p mechbeast. just kidding. MAYBE!!

wereaibo
April 26th, 2013, 01:00 PM
Lord, I hope not. I wouldn't wish that on anybody. :D

hotdogwolf
April 26th, 2013, 01:01 PM
:D Just kidding, I'm not. I'm a peter griffin kin.

wereaibo
April 26th, 2013, 01:05 PM
That may be worse. ;)

hotdogwolf
April 26th, 2013, 01:15 PM
:D YAY I'm peter.

wereaibo
April 26th, 2013, 01:26 PM
No you're not. If a Peter Griffin Kin existed they'd never know it because they'd be too stupid to be able to do the kind of deep and thourough self examination that tends to lead people to finding out they are otherkin. I'd have the same problem with Beavis and Butthead Kin. Also Peter's kind of an asshole and you're not.

hotdogwolf
April 26th, 2013, 01:35 PM
:D Thank you mechbeast, That is nice of you to say. HUGS. Your a great friend mechbeast.

wereaibo
April 26th, 2013, 01:50 PM
So are you. Also I am Optimus Prime kin.

House of Chimeras
April 26th, 2013, 02:09 PM
So are you. Also I am Optimus Prime kin.

I think you two need to stop making light of this. Imagine someone running around saying “I’m a wolfkin because I like lead people around.” or “I’m a machinekin because I have no personality.” or other weird or silly phrases which does not appear well to people who seriously and honestly feel that way.

This might be Fun and Games, but teasing about things related to actual people’s identity and making a joke is, in my opinion, rather shallow. Right now, people are angry about a documentary making light of therian experiences yet you turn around and make shallow jokes and jerks about fictionkin?

If people can't talk in mature manner about other people's rational identity without resorting to jokes and such, I think our community has more things to worry about then what people outside the community think of us.

- Cavern-Risen

wereaibo
April 26th, 2013, 02:29 PM
I'm sorry. I never thought our comments could be read as offensive, but I see your point. I'll stop.

hotdogwolf
April 26th, 2013, 03:55 PM
I wasn't being offensive House of Chimeras. I was joking around with myself and mechbeast but I will stop too.

Zami
September 3rd, 2014, 11:04 AM
If I were a fictionkin, I think I would be Charlie Brown. He is the humorous stereotype of the depressed, bullied, victimized person which echoes my own childhood in a light and fun manner.

Anuolf
September 7th, 2014, 10:41 AM
If I were fiction kin.... I'd probably be a Khajiit from the Elder Scrolls games. I have always had a fascination with the race, and the history they have within the games.

Mobius
September 7th, 2014, 01:03 PM
If I were fictionkin, I'd be either Ziggs from the League of Legends universe: this (http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/046/d/3/ziggs_lol_signature_by_gpof7-d5v33q1.png) little guys who throws bombs bigger than himself. Yeah, the thing on his back is a massive bomb.

Or the obvious one: Rocket Raccoon (http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/scale_super/1/13686/2941191-rocket_raccoon_4.png)

Arawn
September 7th, 2014, 01:21 PM
If I were fictionkin (other than what I am), I'd want to be Aoba from Dramatical Murder. I just absolutely love that character and I'm in love with all the pretty men that love him. XD

MarcOkami
September 7th, 2014, 03:36 PM
If I were fictionkin, I would be a timelord probably, not the Doctor, but a timelord.

Alliana
September 7th, 2014, 04:32 PM
If I were fictionkin, I would be Sin from Final Fantasy X. He's just awesome in so many ways and the power he has, wow. *_*

Anyways, that's who I'd be.

hotdogwolf
September 8th, 2014, 09:41 PM
If I where a fictionkin. I would be Van Flyheight from Zoids Chaotic century. He is one of my favorite characters in the show.

Berlin
October 2nd, 2014, 08:37 AM
If I where fictionkin, I'd be a Homestuck troll. Not a specific character, just a troll.

KaiVii
October 5th, 2014, 07:48 PM
I've always kinda wished I was Poke!kin, ever since I first met someone who IDed as one, so that. (Probably a Persian or something like that, maybe Absol or Flygon).

Aside from that every once in a while I toss around the idea that I actually am an internal-sourced fictionkin of a shape-shifter-y-were-species I've had around for the better part of my life.

TsumeRokaro
October 6th, 2014, 09:06 PM
Hmm... I'd probably opt to be a Growlithe/Arcanine from pokemon... Or maybe someone from the Zoids: Chaotic Century universe (because GIANT MECH ANIMALS). Not any specific character...

I dunno there are soooo many options to choose from that fall under Fictionkin.

KitsuKitsu
October 9th, 2014, 02:34 PM
I would probably want to be an umbreon or zoroark from the Pokemon series, or a Skullkid from the Legend of Zelda.

Talane
December 2nd, 2014, 03:19 AM
Oh boy, if I were a fictionkin, it would definitely be a wood elf from Middle-Earth. And I would be just as prideful and stuffy XD
But if it were something out of my imagination, it would be that scary thing you always feel watching you while you're alone. I don't have a penchant for being creepy, but my curiosity would outlive my human body and wander around watching people for the sheer sake of watching them. No eyes, no mouth, no distinguishable features. Just a long spike of a face on a tall black figure, standing in the one place you can't see, or behind that door, waiting for you to turn the lights off. You would catch a glimpse of it just before falling asleep, when your eyes have adjusted to the dark. But it is always there.
Nothing entertains me more than scaring my own pants off in the middle of the night. It feels wrong pulling that out of my anxiety's imagination and putting it into words.

Farfox
December 2nd, 2014, 07:07 AM
Sometimes my mind takes parts of me as a fox and like puts them in like abstract ways. My mind can also turn music into visual abstract and to not think of all possible detail I don't know how to explain it but my mind like invents a classic animation. It's like my foxy mind and human mind come together and its like another world is created I can't control it and I pull characters out of that, too. If I drew well from these I'd bet I'd be a passionate animator x3

I don't like others' imagination intervening with this so I don't read fiction books and I keep away from a lot of that kind of visual content. I don't connect with mythologies, but I could probably invent many. Considering how it goes on in my mind though it's no myth, though, cause I experience it.
A fox-human having a fox-human imagination is no surprise, though, right? ^^

Since I experience as these characters (first and third perspective) I could consider them kintypes as a add-on to the rest of my therianness(?) but I think I'll say I'm a all-round fox.

elinox
December 2nd, 2014, 11:25 AM
If I were fictionkin, I would most likely be Wolf from 10th Kingdom. :P

hotdogwolf
December 3rd, 2014, 09:47 PM
If I was a fictionkin, I be Inuyasha from the anime TV show of the same name.

Avani
December 3rd, 2014, 10:17 PM
I'd have to go with a pokemon like Banette or maybe Armand from the Vampire Chronicles.

Askja58
December 15th, 2014, 07:54 PM
If i was fictionkin, i would probably be the water fairy girl from Tinkerbell. Her personality seems to fit mine the most, and i have always been extremely attracted to water, unless it cae to swimming in it. (Social anxiety paired with self esteem issues)
But if I could choose a fictionkintype, i would choose either Eevee or Saphira from Eragon.
Eevee though <3

R Swan
December 25th, 2014, 09:10 PM
Hydreigon! Dark, dragon, and unrelentingly adorable.

Kisota
February 23rd, 2015, 10:00 AM
Hydreigon! Dark, dragon, and unrelentingly adorable.
Not to mention strong as hell.

AS for me...

Maybe Mercy Thompson?? There's enough there already to relate to, haha. I even think I would enjoy being a mechanic if I could learn (though I think making a living that way is probably even more difficult for women... :[ )

Cantagir
February 23rd, 2015, 02:41 PM
Most definitely the character I am probably fictionhearted to, hahaha.

Lopori
February 25th, 2015, 06:10 AM
Barb from Cloudy with a change of meatballs 2. I like Barb. :3

Kerguelen
February 15th, 2016, 06:37 PM
Arakkoa.
Arakkoa.
Arakkoa are humanoid birds from World of Warcraft.
I want them to be the next playable race.

RunningRed
February 16th, 2016, 02:54 AM
Would Homo Superior count? Being a mutant superhero?
I don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but I wouldn't mind being able to spend time as a MLP:FiM pegasus.

Lopori
February 16th, 2016, 05:50 AM
Forget my last post, I'd totally be Tina from Bob's Burgers we are virtually the same person, so why not take it one further and be literally Tina. :V I'll write asks to kin blogs on about canon memories and how I get weak at the knees around Jimmy JRkin.

CaThRSys
February 16th, 2016, 09:52 AM

Similar to what Nashoba said, I'd be my own OC species called Anomali (c) Ghouletic (My deviantart. Please do not copy/steal any of my art/creations. Don't be the finebros.) They are called Anomali derived from the plurual form of Anomaly. They are a species of beings that have exsisted long before Earth itself and rage in age from the trillions of years to the earlierst/ youngest of them being the roman empire. Some call them demons, Gods, when they are just immensely powerful aliens. I still have no clue what their origin should be, but I've come up with the idea of them getting their incredible power from Quasars or collapsing stars.

They are highly intellectual beings, with no correlation between another of their species aside from the ability to transform into a Quadrepedal and Symbiont (Bipedal) forms all with augmented strength and capabilities. Each is uniquely different making identifying the alien species quite difficult. They go into three categories, Primo, Meso and Ceno. Primo meaning first, Meso meaning Middle and Ceno meaning new (all shortened titles for their true names). Primo's being usually the strongest and weirdest looking, Cenos usually being the more weaker/ earthly looking forms. Their powers consist of Kenetiblitlities; my personal favorite called Toryuu (an OC) has what I call Nucleo-Kenisis, able to control/ break up/ consume atoms and preform nuclear fission and release said energy in a focused blast or repulse which can destroy several cities at a time (large scale cities).

That or I'd be Russia form Hetalia XD.
(Also, please do not steal my species, or I will go Taken Liam Neeson on you.)

UnicornKin
February 16th, 2016, 12:24 PM
Garnet from SU for no other reason than I love her to death.
In all honesty, I'd probably be...actually I have no clue.

elinox
February 16th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Arakkoa.
Arakkoa.
Arakkoa are humanoid birds from World of Warcraft.
I want them to be the next playable race.

I looked them up and they look like Skeksis from The Dark Crystal. Totally badass!

Kerguelen
February 16th, 2016, 01:03 PM
I looked them up and they look like Skeksis from The Dark Crystal. Totally badass!
I think they're based on Skeksis somewhat.

Integral
February 16th, 2016, 09:07 PM
The Dark Crystal is such a cool movie. I don't think I'd want my kintype to be anything from that canon though.

I can't really come up with specific species that seem like something I would have as a kintype. I think I'd probably just be some kind of werewolf of shapeshifter. Canine is such a base state for me that I can't think too far out of that box. I could see myself having a Twilight-style werewolf as a kintype, or maybe something like those wolf people (http://goldenwolf.deviantart.com/art/Twilight-Harvest-395884508) that Goldenwolf draws, but I'd have to switch from that (http://goldenwolf.deviantart.com/art/Medicine-Wolf-166030251) to human. I guess I'm geared towards "werewolf without the rage and bloodlust".

Although, I could also see one of the reapers (https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/10/3b/9a/103b9a26d7fd1955a6ff8b9eba509621.jpg) from Black Butler as a kintype too. I like the idea of being some kind of morally neutral supernatural creature. Otherwise, I'd probably just have some species that I made up as a kintype, which usually end up being some variation on anthropomorphic canine.

Crowsong
January 1st, 2018, 07:32 AM
You guys are gonna hate this, but I actually consider myself fictionkin these days...

BUt if I could choose who/what I am:
-digimon!
-digimon human companion
-tamagotchi (its a simple life XD)
-Disney Princess
-I had other ideas last night before I fell asleep lol.

Fictionkin is the same as being therian in the respect that it isn't glamorous and you don't get to pick.