PDA

View Full Version : Audio and Video of the Community

House of Chimeras
July 24th, 2013, 02:48 PM
We love collecting and achieving information and over the years we‘ve been trying to collect things which have been created for or about the therian or otherkin community. Such as podcasts, radio shows, documentaries, news clips, ebooks, scans of books, emagazines, and so on. Below is a list of things we have in our collection and that we know to exist that have occurred. We wanted to share this list so people can know where and when and how the community has been talked about in video and audio, plus if anyone knows of thing we don’t we can go looking for it.

Also, what are people’s thoughts on a way this information could be shared to the community? We know there is a website for the vampire community that hosts some audio and such related to their community and we're wondering if there is a way we could do that given that way if something happens the information isn’t lost and someone will have to hunt everything down again (if it even still exists somewhere).

Anyway our list --

Audio::

Titles -- “To Be A Unicorn Podcast”
Speakers -- Emshir (host) and Utari (occasional cohost)
Aired Through -- To Be Unicorn Website
Original Release -- unknown (guessing 2006-07)
Number of Episodes -- 9
Length -- total aprox. ~ 13 hours

Title -- “Otherkin Calls and More”
Speakers -- Ian Punnett (host) and (various call in guests)
Aired Through -- Coast to Coast AM
Original Release -- January 5, 2007
Length -- aprox. ~ 2 hours and 30 minutes

Title -- “Man With Horse Soul”
Speakers -- Ian Punnett (Host) and Jason the Horse (main guest)
Aired Through -- Coast to Coast Live
Original Release -- January 20, 2007
Length -- aprox. ~ 2 hours and 30 minutes

Title -- “Always Believe”
Speakers -- Fickerfly Zara
Aired Through -- unknown
Original Release -- August ? 2008
Number of Episodes -- 1
Length -- aprox. ~ 20 minutes

Title -- “Horse in a Human Form”
Speakers -- Ian Punnett (host) and Jason the Horse (main guest)
Original Release -- June 20, 2009
Length -- aprox. ~ 2 hours

Title -- “Jason - A Horse In a Human Body”
Speakers -- W.B.Ward (host) and Jason the Horse (main guest)
Aired Through -- BlogTalkRadio.com
Original Release -- August 6, 2009
Length -- aprox. ~ 1 hour

Title -- “Therianthropy”
Speakers -- Dave Jones (host), Savage (guest), and Night FireWolf (guest)
Aired Through -- Para-X - KAPS Radio
Original Release -- October 18 2009

Title -- “Horse in a Human Body”
Speakers -- Ian Punnett (Host) and Jason the Horse (main guest)
Original Release -- December 18 2010
Length -- aprox. ~ 1 hour and 10 minutes

Title -- “Therianthropy”
Speakers -- Kimmijae (host), Jody (host), Werewolf of Waldor (guest), and SerrpentineZebra (guest)
Aired Through -- ParaX - The Reign
Original Release -- April 31, 2011

Title -- “Dark of the Year & Other Kin”
Speakers -- RevKess (host), KaliSara (host), and (various call in guests)
Aired Through -- BlodTalkRadio.com - Pagan Musings Podcast Channel
Original Release -- November 19 2011

Title -- “Therianthropy”
Speakers -- Tsunami (host) and Pirate (host)
Aired Through -- BlongTalkRadio.com Luna Sanguinus
Original Release -- February 10, 2012
Length -- aprox. ~ 30 minutes

Title -- “Therianthropy”
Speakers -- S.A. Archer (host), Sherri Semine (host), and S. Ravynheart (host)
Aired Through -- Ultimate Urban Fantasy Podcast
Original Release -- June 30, 2013

Video::

Title -- 10 Ways to Meet A Monster [segment on ‘real life werewolves’ only]
Aired Through -- Science Channel
Premier Air Date -- unknown

Title --Animal Imitators
Aired Through -- TLC
Premier Air Date -- August 2003

Title --Otherkin: Heart of a Human, Spirit of a Wolf
Aired Through -- SBS 2's The Feed
Premier Air Date -- Jun 4, 2013

Title --The Reallife WolfMan [ segment on ’therians’ only]
Aired Through -- History Channel
Premier Air Date -- October 28, 2009

Title -- I Think I’m an Animal
Aired Through -- LogoTV
Premier Air Date -- April 23, 2013

- Z

yourdeer
July 26th, 2013, 01:31 PM
I'd love to listen to some of those audio files. I'll have to have a look around.
As for where to archive something like this, maybe Project Shift would be a good place?

ShadowWalker
July 26th, 2013, 01:55 PM
I'd love for these to be shared. In addition to these, I believe there's a few more by Tsunami and Pirate; Symbolism and Therianthropy and Therianthropy Throughout the Ages, the Para-X host was called Dave Jones and the title was 'Werewolves: The Truth From Those Who Are' (or at least, that's the title given on the cover image). And I'm not sure if it fits, but there's the Lycanthropy Interview with Father Malachi Martin and Art Bell from 1997 - it's short, uses lycanthropy, rather than therianthropy, and really doesn't have much of a therianthropic tone

House of Chimeras
July 28th, 2013, 11:48 AM
I'd love to listen to some of those audio files. I'll have to have a look around.
As for where to archive something like this, maybe Project Shift would be a good place?
Yes, we want these resources to be known and if possible available to people who might want or need them. One issue we can think of though is possible copyright issues as we're not sure exactly on the lines between fair use and what is not. Plus, it would be up to Project Shift as it is nearly 2 GB of data.

I'd love for these to be shared. In addition to these, I believe there's a few more by Tsunami and Pirate; Symbolism and Therianthropy and Therianthropy Throughout the Ages, the Para-X host was called Dave Jones and the title was 'Werewolves: The Truth From Those Who Are' (or at least, that's the title given on the cover image). And I'm not sure if it fits, but there's the Lycanthropy Interview with Father Malachi Martin and Art Bell from 1997 - it's short, uses lycanthropy, rather than therianthropy, and really doesn't have much of a therianthropic tone
We'll look into those.

- Yamir

Robert
July 28th, 2013, 01:14 PM
wow, I er we also will have to have a look. I did not know there was such material available. we will look for a hosting site in my travels around the web and if we find one we will send it to you.

Arawn
July 29th, 2013, 06:31 PM
I'm trying to see if I can locate the one that I participated in. :)

Akhila
August 12th, 2013, 05:58 AM
I have an old mp3 of a short radio interview with Wolfmage on being were, are you interested?

House of Chimeras
August 12th, 2013, 01:14 PM
I have an old mp3 of a short radio interview with Wolfmage on being were, are you interested?
Oh that sounds interesting. Yes, we would love it if you don't mind sending us a copy some how.

- Earth Listener

kitfallen
September 3rd, 2013, 06:20 AM
Sounds like quite a collection, I would love to have a copy of the files, but I might as well wait until the hosting issues are solved. I suppose for a short time you could host them for download through a site like mediafire or something. Either that or convert to video and make a youtube channel to host them. I would question if the original creators were okay with that though.

I have a few random talks on therianthropy from one or two fringe/spiritual podcasts that aren't around anymore, let me find them and I could toss them your way.

Akhila
September 4th, 2013, 08:23 AM
Oh that sounds interesting. Yes, we would love it if you don't mind sending us a copy some how.

- Earth Listener

Did you receive the link? I sent it to your Within the Ruins contact address from some site like YouSendIt or similar. It was a while ago.

House of Chimeras
September 4th, 2013, 09:20 AM
Sounds like quite a collection, I would love to have a copy of the files, but I might as well wait until the hosting issues are solved. I suppose for a short time you could host them for download through a site like mediafire or something. Either that or convert to video and make a youtube channel to host them. I would question if the original creators were okay with that though.

I have a few random talks on therianthropy from one or two fringe/spiritual podcasts that aren't around anymore, let me find them and I could toss them your way.
The Coast to Coast episodes can be found on Youtube here and there just by searching for them though they aren't there via official upload. We also noticed that the "Werewolves" radio interview for KAPS Radio has also been uploaded on to there.

Did you receive the link? I sent it to your Within the Ruins contact address from some site like YouSendIt or similar. It was a while ago.
Oh yes, we did. Thank-you very much. It was a very interesting listen to. We tried to track down what year the interview took place in without much luck.

- Spiridon

Akhila
September 4th, 2013, 09:49 AM
Maybe try contacting Wolfmage himself to ask about the year?

http://wolfmagex.deviantart.com/

(I don't have his e-mail or anything.)

House of Chimeras
September 4th, 2013, 10:16 AM
Maybe try contacting Wolfmage himself to ask about the year?

http://wolfmagex.deviantart.com/

(I don't have his e-mail or anything.)
Oh wow. We looked for if Wolfmage was a member anywhere but we couldn't find anything. Now we have something to go on. Thank-you.

- Z

swanblood
September 14th, 2013, 05:51 PM
Do you want it to just be "professional" videos or ones made by 'kin and therians? There is the TheriKiNexus channel on Youtube, with videos made by a number of therians including me (though, my video is more like an audio). http://www.youtube.com/user/TheriKiNexus

House of Chimeras
September 14th, 2013, 10:04 PM
Do you want it to just be "professional" videos or ones made by 'kin and therians? There is the TheriKiNexus channel on Youtube, with videos made by a number of therians including me (though, my video is more like an audio). http://www.youtube.com/user/TheriKiNexus
Oh we know of TheriKiNexus. (We've even once done videos for the channel.) We're mostly concerned with noting videos and podcasts which aren't directly known to the community or not available to the community really. The ones on Youtube and channels for it are great resources but they are also easy enough to find, while the documentaries and such might not be.

-Z

kitfallen
September 15th, 2013, 03:46 AM
I was thinking about this today and remembered that Tindeck.com allows people to host their stuff for free, as well often downloads--but it's only for audio files, not video I'm fairly certain. I know a few podcasters often downloads or streams of their episodes through tindeck.