PDA

View Full Version : The Artist Bestiary has launched!

yourdeer
August 20th, 2013, 09:18 PM
The Artist Bestiary is live!
It can be found at www.artistbestiary.wordpress.com.

(http://artistbestiary.wordpress.com/)The Artist Bestiary is a collection of art and artists merging the human and the animal, approached from a therian perspective.
At the moment, there are seven entries, with at least 40 more to come, as well as intermittent critical analysis and musings.

I am aiming tentatively for an update schedule of 2 to 3 entries per month for now.

Akai
August 20th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Oh my God! This is incredible! I'm floored by most of these, and I think the pseudoscientific ones impressed me the most! They're almost too real.

Fruit of the Moon
August 21st, 2013, 02:48 PM
Neat idea! Always enjoyed this sort of art. I'll definitely keep myself updated on this page.

yourdeer
August 22nd, 2013, 08:34 AM
Thanks, guys. :3
Akai, there's a few more artists who do pseudoscientific stuff or hyperrealistic hybrid creatures, too - I agree that they are some of the really interesting ones. Especially because they sometimes fall into "uncanny valley" territory and can be quite uncomfortable to view, while also being fascinating.

Aquatic Raider
August 22nd, 2013, 11:50 AM
This is amazing Yourdeer! Some excellent choices!

Akhila
August 23rd, 2013, 07:05 PM
Thank you for doing this and sharing it with us! Great job.

Fleetfoot
August 25th, 2013, 10:16 PM
Like like like!

Alia
October 17th, 2013, 08:35 PM
Nice art! So original and creative. I’d like to see something like that with some leonine features.

yourdeer
October 18th, 2013, 08:59 AM
There are more artists to come, and you can check the index for animals that will be included from the work of the artists I've chosen so far (and I've already stumbled across more to add!) . Updates are going slowly due to recent crazy-busy-time, but I'm hoping to catch back up in the coming weeks.

Phrim
October 31st, 2013, 12:16 AM
This is a great project, I love all of the pieces featured! I'll be checking in on it as frequently as I can remember, this is a really stunning collection.