PDA

View Full Version : What the Fox Say

The Lurking Fox
September 6th, 2013, 09:35 AM
Have you guys seen this music video yet? It seemed like it might be of interest to the therian community in a humorous sort of fashion. Here is a link:

http://refkins.tumblr.com/post/60447925973/portal-fox-radruler-aishaneko

yourdeer
September 6th, 2013, 09:47 AM
I can't handle how ridiculous this is... it's really straddling that terrible/awesome line.
I'm impressed.
I've seen this shared on other social media and I have been kind of surprised at which of my friends are pointing it out, hahah. :)

Akai
September 6th, 2013, 10:30 AM
...what...the...&@!*?!

I mean, it's terrible, and yet, daring, so...it's, um...undoubtedly different. I can't help feel the song itself is, ummm...pointless. The sound and fluctuation of music is actually gorgeous, but the lyrics are so full of...shit. I'm sorry, but there's just no real thought or contemplation behind it, it's preposterous!

All I really have to say, other than (and no offense) furries *eyeroll*, is Adee-thebe-adee-thebe-adee-thebe-That's all, folks! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDl_R-KgTok)

Fruit of the Moon
September 6th, 2013, 01:21 PM
Hahaha! Oh, wow. Thank you for sharing this. I think I just found my favorite video for awhile. Absolutely hilarious.

Fraka-kaka-kaka-kaka-kow is actually pretty close! Haha.

Thursday
September 6th, 2013, 03:05 PM
At first I was 'Haha, oh, man, that's kinda fu-' and then I realized it reflected how a lot of furries/otherkin/therians are viewed by others. Still find it funny, but makes a man feel self conscious by association.

Catamount
September 6th, 2013, 05:53 PM
Well, considering that I'm a fan of these guys already (Bård and Vegard Ylvisåker are both popular comedians in Norway), I immediately recognised that random humour they're known for. The song itself is even pretty catchy, I think. It's not a musical masterpiece, but that's not the point either.

I was actually rather surprised to see that this video has made such an impact on the internet internationally though. But "the next Gangnam Style"? Nope.

I've also noticed that it has gotten a lot of attention in the Furry community, even though it's not aimed towards us at all. And yes, even though it is about animals, I didn't immediately connect it to therianthropy either, to be honest.

But I like it. It's catchy and it's silly, in a good way.

Thursday
September 6th, 2013, 09:59 PM
It's on par with this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLnWf1sQkjY) music video goes, not sure if sfw. Personally, I'm more biased for this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSnLGdpjWf4) as far as nonsense goes, haha...

Draconic
September 7th, 2013, 10:10 AM
They are the "Ylvis brothers" famous norwegian comedians. They made this video to promote their show, and, as Catamount said, is actually not aimed towards furries at all.

The Lurking Fox
September 12th, 2013, 10:31 AM
I think I connected it to therianthropy because of the recent discussion somewhere on the list about having difficulty making your animal-side's noises. Most fox noises are a wee bit difficult, so the video was sort of amusing to me from that perspective (as well as in general).

Mostly, though, just a bit of fun! :D

Kisota
September 12th, 2013, 01:27 PM
Hah, I finally got around to watching this yesterday and I loved it. I adore goofy music videos and comedy music, and this was definitely catchy and fun to watch. I liked the animal costumes, too!

Funny relevant story: when I was little, like REALLY little, I could NOT, for the life of me, think of what noise foxes made! But I wanted to pretend to be one, so I came up with my own solution...

... and ran around going "FOX! FOX FOX!!....FOX!" like a goddamn Pokemon.

My siblings still haven't really let me live that down.

moon touched wolf
September 13th, 2013, 06:47 AM
I found this music video rather amusing really :) weird, but doubtlessly amusing. though my friend's reaction took the cake. They started singing it random but mixed up a few lines so apparently "dog goes moo"...

yourdeer
September 13th, 2013, 08:57 AM
Funny relevant story: when I was little, like REALLY little, I could NOT, for the life of me, think of what noise foxes made! But I wanted to pretend to be one, so I came up with my own solution...

... and ran around going "FOX! FOX FOX!!....FOX!" like a goddamn Pokemon.

My siblings still haven't really let me live that down.

Kiso. Amazing. Seriously.

I found this music video rather amusing really :) weird, but doubtlessly amusing. though my friend's reaction took the cake. They started singing it random but mixed up a few lines so apparently "dog goes moo"...

Between the two of these comments, I am starting my morning with the giggles.

hotdogwolf
September 13th, 2013, 12:43 PM
I thought it was silly. I only watched it for a short time. I thought it was just another ( Like make fun of the people who think there animals ) Its real funny and silly.:)

kitfallen
September 15th, 2013, 04:42 AM
Oh pfffffft, I saw this a little while ago and got quite a laugh.

Of course, throughout the entire thing I kept just thinking "Don't.. some foxes... bark? How hard is that?" But now I am not so sure. But then again, it's not like the words "meow" or "moo" are actually perfectly how those animals sound either.

AquaforLife
September 15th, 2013, 12:28 PM
This video has taken over my life. We have foxes in the neighborhood and now it's all I think about when I see one!

A much better alternative to the freaky weird screams foxes do...

HAHI HAHI HAHI HO HAHI HAHI HAHI HO!
TCHOFF TCH-TCH-TCHOFF TCHOFF!

The Lurking Fox
September 16th, 2013, 11:19 AM
@Kitfallen: Here is a reference for what they sound like (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6NuhlibHsM), if you're interested. There are some bark-like noises, but they're still pretty weird, hahaa. :3

kitfallen
September 16th, 2013, 01:15 PM
Oh that's pretty interesting! Thanks for the link, Lurking Fox.

They are pretty weird sounds, but I guess a lot of nonhuman animal sounds are weird when you don't hear them very often. Although were someone to ask me "what does a fox say" I would probably still say that they bark because it's the closest approximate I can easily say--plus it's not like dogs make only sounds that could be classified as "barks".

Honestly, I would have thought people would be more confused about what sounds rabbits make rather than foxes. Plenty of people don't think rabbits make any sound at all.

The Lurking Fox
September 18th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Oh man, rabbits. Now there is an unexpected vocalization. One of my family's cats once caught a baby bunny and actually brought it into the house without anyone knowing. It was still alive, so in the middle of the night, he was chasing the thing around and got it jammed into a corner so that its head actually got stuck in the small crevice between a door and a door frame. The squeals it was letting out woke my mum up and she rescued it.

</side story>

Alliana
September 18th, 2013, 01:37 PM
Oh that's pretty interesting! Thanks for the link, Lurking Fox.

They are pretty weird sounds, but I guess a lot of nonhuman animal sounds are weird when you don't hear them very often. Although were someone to ask me "what does a fox say" I would probably still say that they bark because it's the closest approximate I can easily say--plus it's not like dogs make only sounds that could be classified as "barks".

Honestly, I would have thought people would be more confused about what sounds rabbits make rather than foxes. Plenty of people don't think rabbits make any sound at all.

Yeah, count me as one of them. Until I played World of Warcraft anyway and slew a rabbit. It screamed when I did that and I remember from Ladyhawke with the rabbit screaming as it was running away from Ladyhawke.

Those are the only instances I remember a rabbit doing that.

KaraWolfDragon
September 24th, 2013, 04:04 PM
I just watched it today and thought it was hilarious. I would totally do something like that. I loved it, and now it's stuck in my head and I keep randomly singing out "What does the fox say? Ring ding ding ding ding ding ding!"

Remember_Me
September 24th, 2013, 04:31 PM
THAT IS AWESOME!

Also, y'all should check out the music video for Coldplay's "Paradise" - not ridiculous per se but I felt like it really speaks to us therians. :3 Check it!

ShadowWalker
September 25th, 2013, 01:55 AM
THAT IS AWESOME!

Also, y'all should check out the music video for Coldplay's "Paradise" - not ridiculous per se but I felt like it really speaks to us therians. :3 Check it!
On a similar note, this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhG-vLZrb-g) is pretty cool - it's about a boy with antlers.

Arawn
September 25th, 2013, 10:08 AM
I finally caved and saw the video last week.

I want the three minutes I wasted back, please. I dislike that video thoroughly and I dislike how everyone and their mother are sharing the video.

Fleetfoot
September 26th, 2013, 07:36 PM
It is totally a ridiculously fun way to start my work day. The hard part is resisting either cracking up laughing because of the absurdity or singing along out loud.

I also know this video has made it waaay round my community of friends when my much older co-worker with children quotes it at me on my facebook. :D

Rinali Nolai
September 29th, 2013, 05:14 AM
What the...?

Natsilani
September 30th, 2013, 06:31 AM
Hated it. Its so STUPID. XD

bloodmuffins
September 30th, 2013, 01:13 PM
I saw this a little while ago, and I found it hilarious. At first I was like, um, okay, animal noises....? Then it gets to the fox part, and I was dying of laughter xP

hotdogwolf
October 11th, 2013, 01:56 PM
http://www.today.com The 'What the fox say' song Was nothing more then a joke. I didn't put up the whole link because its to long and the link may not work.

BlackStatic
October 11th, 2013, 09:25 PM
I honestly don't get why people are offended or annoyed by this video's popularity - it's just another comedy reel that a big name in television decided to make into a music clip and by whatever means videos become viral, it just did. You also have to consider how Gangnam Style was originally meant as a joke by a parody musician as well. Ylvis is not in any way trying to say anything negative about furries or therianthropy; it's just a funny song that found its way into pop culture.

I can see why some people get annoyed by just how popular it is - I was fursuiting a canine character in town for the first time the other day, and a lot of people responded by referencing The Fox or outright begging me to sing the lyrics and do the dance. I rolled my eyes (my actual eyes) a few times, but y'know what? It's just a song. In a few months or so someone will release another viral comedy video and that will take off instead. May as well just go with it until then.

Arawn
October 11th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Or just ignore all things about it. :p I found the song awful and not remotely funny. It was just...bad. And it's all over my newsfeed all of the time. At least Gangnam Style made some sort of sense. :p I'm not offended by the song. Just irritated that it's everywhere I can't get away from it.

Somnia
October 12th, 2013, 05:56 AM
I saw this a little while ago, and I found it hilarious. At first I was like, um, okay, animal noises....? Then it gets to the fox part, and I was dying of laughter xP

Haha, yeah this was my reaction when this video first went viral :p. I do like the animal costumes, especially the elephant one. When the guy is actually singing and not making the fox sounds, the vocals are pretty good, and some of the parts at the end sounds hilariously epic :p "You're my guardian angeeeeeeel!" Ahahaha!

@Arawn - Don't worry, in time this fad will fade and something else will take it's place.