Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: How do you like to sleep?

Blog Entries

Is your sleep noticeably different when out in the field? I've noticed that mine is--when out in the field, I tended to go to sleep at nine or ten, and frequently woke up at four or five. And I felt good after I work up--if anything I was less tired than when I wasn't in the field. I've always considered myself an evening person, and thought I was the sort of person who needed a lot of sleep, but it looks like I was wrong.

I've always had an easy time falling asleep in cars. Too easy, really. When I'm a passenger there's a good chance that I'll fall asleep on a car ride that lasts longer than an hour or so. Even when I'm the one driving, I get groggy if I'm driving after I've eaten.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

It depends on the schedule of the work, but yeah, hitting the hay early and waking up early is typical. I sleep well in the field when the work is physical enough. Otherwise I can be pretty restless.

I struggle hard with nocturnal schedules. I've had to do dusk-til-dawn work schedules for several different things before, and I NEVER sleep as well, nor do I ever feel very well when I'm awake. My non-work waking hours become useless and I always feel kind of crappy and out of it. I can do it, and I'm usually fine at work, but it's very counter to my natural circadian rhythm and feels like a constant struggle.

Blog Entries

Your cycle is the exact opposite of mine.
    I'm just now going to bed right now and it's 7 AM. I prefer to get up late and stay up late. I'm looking for an evening or night job. The one thing I have serious trouble with is getting up early in the morning. I hate that people like me are seen as lazy by society. We don't sleep more. We just sleep at different times.

Blog Entries

It doesn't look like I've posted in this thread, so I'll stop by and drop off my two cents.

I've developed a habit of sleeping on top of the covers, usually beneath one to three smaller blankets. It's more comfortable this way, with the softness of the sheets and comforter beneath me. Though if I get cold in the winter I might get under the covers.

I sleep on my belly, usually with a bunch of stuffed animals on the spare pillow beside me. Even when my mate curls up beside me, I still like having a plushie to hold. It's really very nice, just lying there, cuddling a stuffed animal with his arm around me. It makes me feel very happy and relaxed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel Moon View Post

I sleep on my belly, usually with a bunch of stuffed animals on the spare pillow beside me. Even when my mate curls up beside me, I still like having a plushie to hold. It's really very nice, just lying there, cuddling a stuffed animal with his arm around me. It makes me feel very happy and relaxed.
    Speaking of sleeping with a mate, i really don't like being touched by my mate while we are in bed, im sure much to his disappointment. I like sleeping back to back if i do end up sleeping in contact with him. Can't sleep if we are hugging each other or if my face is blocked by a part of his body (be it his face or otherwise). That being said, anything blocking my face sucks as it feels like i am breathing in air that i have already exhaled. Don't like that.