Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: How do you like to sleep?

Blog Entries

I responded here before, but wow looking at all the users that are no longer active in the earlier pages...wow. Seems like a different place now.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

Blog Entries

I like to sleep like Jesus: when I wake up, I turn the other cheek―and go back to sleep!

I have a marked preference for hard bedding with soft warm things in it. But I can virtually sleep anywhere, including just the cold hard ground.
    A negative number was raised to a power that is not an integer.

On my right side

Blog Entries

I'm a wild sleeper. I usually start on my back or side, mainly a left side sleeper by nature, fetal position. I do not like sleeping on my right side as I can feel the pressure of my colon after a meal- it's uncomfortable. I'll move often, trying to get comfy. I do not like feeling drafts so I usually 'mummify' myself haha.
    Timber wolf therian-- changeling-- horse hearted
    ~Being kin is a journey of finding yourself, loosing yourself, searching and doing it all over again.~

The way I sleep and getting comfortable in bed is me takening off my socks. I really don't like sleeping with my socks on. Even during the winter months I take my socks off but sometimes I leave them on when its too cold. I also do the samthing with my shirt. The less clothes the better I can fall alseep and stay asleep. What about all of yous.?

Blog Entries

I hate sleeping in summer. It's too hot and I'm never comfortable. But in winter, I love to snuggle up! I usually wear a big jacket, sweatpants and fluffy socks to bed. I currently have 7 blankets on my bed (not including a duvet) and I'm probably gonna put more blankets on my bed soon as it is getting colder where I live. I also have lots of pillows and cushions on my bed. I love being surrounded by them. Since my bed is in the corner of my room, I love curling up in the corner of my bed, and I don't have to worry about falling off! My feet tend to get cold a lot so I usually have a hot water bottle down at my feet. Holy crap i love cold weather so much. I could go on and on about how much I love the cold.

Curled up like this, with or without pillow, underneath covers. I don't like it when there is wind or fan blowing on any part of my body. I want to be sheltered from that nonsense.
    oxUxOZp.jpg

I haven't had much of the opportunity to try out more "animal" ways of sleeping, but I usually sleep on my side, half curled up (or fully if it's cold), and can't sleep without sheets/blankets like how do ppl sleep without something cozy covering them ill never understand. Sometimes, especially when cold, ill cover my head with my sheets/blankets too. I can generally breathe fine that way but it's just nice.

This is a bit of on topic and off topic. Question is, Where else can you sleep besides your bed.? Like for me, I can sleep in a tent, in a sleeping bag ( if its long enough for me ) on a couch, Also on the floor if there is enough blankets on the floor for me not to feel the cold of the floor at night, Also on carpet with blankets. I have also sleep on my old boat that my dad had onces.

Blog Entries

Pretty much anywhere that's horizontal and not TOO hard. I have a 0-degree sleeping bag (I sleep very cold), and a fully inflatable sleeping pad for underneath it, so I can throw those down just about anywhere.

I prefer to have a pillow for between my legs, because my legs are skinny, and without one my knees bash and my hips don't align well. But I can do without.

It's interesting the things that start to stand out about your sleeping habits when you work on field crews a lot. You become very aware of what things to tell new roommates. I tend to warn people I:
    * am a very light sleeper, usually wake up a couple times in the night but go back to sleep
    * have trouble falling asleep and might rustle around a bit, but will be *silent* and very still once I fall asleep
    * wake up VERY early (I give myself an hour prep time basically no matter how early that means I have to get up)
    * wake up very fast and all at once. My alarm usually has a chance to buzz only once or twice before I turn it off and I'm immediately jumping out of bed.
    * I also wake up very completely, at least mentally, right away and am likely to be really obnoxious to groggy people in the morning if I start trying to converse. I'm a total morning person.

It's weird, I'm generally REALLY BAD at sleeping. I can't sleep in moving cars, or on planes. I never nap during the day unless I'm sick or so sleep-deprived I'm almost nonfunctional. I sometimes just can't sleep at night, for no reason, and I regularly wake up very completely around 2 or 3 a.m. and just can't get back to sleep.

But, on the flip side, I seem to function better than average on a low-ish amount of sleep (6-7 hours a night is good for me, more than 8 and I start to feel crappy). And I am great at waking up and getting going.

Sleep is so strange.