Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Wolf's Rain (Manga/Anime series)

I have been watching it slowly on hulu. It is pretty good. And I gotta watch princes mononoke again. Haven't seen it since I was younger and even then not all the way through. I loved those movies man. Not so much the new ones those.
    I Scream when I wish to Howl. I Sob when I wish to Whine.
    I run with Two instead of Four. I wear a Jacket, instead of My Coat.
    I must speak with Words instead of Feelings; stumbling through Your language, while you don't you understand Mine.
    While you can play in Your world, I can never play in Mine.

I and I am sure a lot of the other fans of the show wish that there was a second Wolf's Rain because we really don't see the Wolves get to Paradise. We only see the Wolves reaper in the next life when the earth is reborn again. I would like to know and see if the Wolves really do make it to Paradise, Instead of us fans implying that they made it to Paradise.

Blog Entries

End-show spoilers in this post, obviously.

I think the implication of the ending was that paradise was opened, but tainted, and developed from the post-apocalyptic sort of world they'd lived in... to our world. Note at the very end how much the world looks like ours.

Since many of the characters exist in the "new" world, and Kiba is shown running at the end, there's an implication of the same cycle starting over. He at least will probably try to seek paradise again.

I like the ending. It's not happy, exactly... but we didn't have to end with everybody being dead. Another season wouldn't really add much to show. If they used the same characters, it would be a boring, repetitive groan-fest of reintroductions and watching relationships develop all over again. If there were new characters, same deal.

It's an open end that leaves us something to think and talk about. Is the world at the end a tainted paradise? Or is it just a new, regular world that opened up? Are the characters other than Kiba even still wolves? I got the impression that paradise was always just opening up a new world that was supposed to be perfect, with the implication being that it hasn't been achieved yet - something makes it imperfect every time, and so the paradises break down into the troubled worlds we see on on the show. In the case of the actual series, we see Darcia's eye make it into the pristine world, and then darkness starts spreading around... that is when the screen fades out and back in to show the rainy scene of a different world.

But since it's clearly some kind of cycle, there just isn't much of a point in another season unless you're just yearning for that happy perfect ending, which, given the atmosphere of the series, I think would be too cheesy. Wolf's Rain ending with all the wolves happily running around a wolf's perfect paradise doesn't seem very satisfying, you know? The show spends so much time building up other characters as well. I like endings where you get the feeling the story isn't really over.
    Last edited by Kisota; July 7th, 2014 at 10:41 AM.

Blog Entries

I don't think they're wolves in this new world, though, at least that's the feeling I've got anyway. Unless Tsume knew how to suddenly drive a motorcycle as a wolf (which would be very difficult) and Toboe lost his fear of cats.

But yeah, I think they were reincarnated as humans.

*** SPOILERS ***

Quote Originally Posted by Kisota View Post
    I think the implication of the ending was that paradise was opened, but tainted...
    Yep, that's what I gathered especially when you see Darcia's eye dissolving and it taints the pure white flowers to a deep purple/black color. I'm sure if it wasn't for that, then Paradise would have finally been attained.

Quote Originally Posted by Alliana View Post
    I think so too! When Kiba is waking through the city you see Hige and Toboe turn their heads towards him, like they know him without ever meeting him in their current life. Tsume never looks at Kiba, but I think he slows down his motorcycle before speeding up again (or maybe he had to stop at a stoplight, I can't remember). I take their reactions as a sign they remember him from their past lives together but they don't say anything to him.

I seriously need to have a Wolf's Rain marathon when I have the time.

I like to add something about the end of the show. When we see Toboe with the white kitten, A lot of fans think that the kitten is Blue reincarnated.? What is your take on this.? Also, I don't think that the Wolves are reincarnated as humans, So much they are masking there Wolf form again like they had before in the show. Remember, They want to be careful when they are around humans because we do not know how the humans will react to seeing a Wolf walk down the street.

Quote Originally Posted by hotdogwolf View Post
    Also, I don't think that the Wolves are reincarnated as humans, So much they are masking there Wolf form again like they had before in the show. Remember, They want to be careful when they are around humans because we do not know how the humans will react to seeing a Wolf walk down the street.
    What makes you think that? It's been awhile since I saw the series, but I recall getting the impression that they were reincarnated as humans, like others have said.

I seriously need to have a Wolf's Rain marathon when I have the time.
    Me too! It's been ages since I watched it.

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmuffins View Post
    What makes you think that? It's been awhile since I saw the series, but I recall getting the impression that they were reincarnated as humans, like others have said.

Me too! It's been ages since I watched it.
    Hmm, I think that because I don't think that Kiba and the others would embrace that much of humanity, Like the Nobles had. Remember the nobles where once Wolves that embraced humanity and became human. I just don't see that with kiba and Hige, Toboe and Tsume. I think that they wouldn't give up on being Wolves. Just because we see them in human form at the end of the show doesn't mean they where reincarnated as humans. It just means we see them in human form.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Alliana View Post
    I don't think they're wolves in this new world, though, at least that's the feeling I've got anyway. Unless Tsume knew how to suddenly drive a motorcycle as a wolf (which would be very difficult) and Toboe lost his fear of cats.

I hadn't thought about the motorcycle...Good point, though... I always kind of hoped they were still wolves and would meet up again somehow. It makes for an even more bittersweet ending if they're just human! Interesting!

Maybe they all look up at Kiba because they ARE wolves, though, and see him for what he is as well. Ah, the fun of speculation.

A lot of fans think that the kitten is Blue reincarnated.?
    What?? I've never heard that interpretation before. Seems completely unfounded, wishful thinking. You could just as easily say the kitten is Quent or Darcia.

Blog Entries

Yeah, it would be awfully interesting if the humans were reincarnated as non-human animals and the wolves were reincarnated as humans (which I still think they do). That kind of role reversal sounds promising. Hmm, I guess we'll never know.

Also it may be true that they were wolves in the past life but it really might be them being true human in this life doing human things.
    Last edited by Alliana; July 8th, 2014 at 06:46 PM.