Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Therians on the History Channel -- THIS WEEK!!!

I want to watch it it sounds interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eris Lobo View Post
    I was interviewed for the program more than a year ago. After filming me for hours in Denver, they flew me to Washington, D.C., where the crew interviewed me all day while undertaking various activities, then took EKG readings of me at a remote wooded park, then did all they could to encourage me to undergo a mental shift (including, I think, purposely antagonizing me ... although that may have been accidental) ... and I was released to the woods and wound up experiencing a VERY powerful shift (from which I had a bit of trouble coming back), and after I finally returned they filmed me coming back to my human mindset and asked me more questions, which I had trouble consciously answering, then did another EKG reading on me to end the night.
    Academic yummy. Possible publicity fail, depending on how they slant it, but that has yet to be seen. Do you have copies of those records? Unless you signed waivers, you may have the right to copies any biomedical data taken from you. It wouldn't hurt to ask. I want that raw data if at all possible!

I have no way to watch this program whatsoever; no television here and no access to one where colleagues from work wouldn't be able to see. And I'm definitely not asking any of my professional/academic friends to record this. :/ I would be very, very grateful to any technically minded person who can record this in DVD format, rip it and do an upload for me. I don't *think* it's a copyright violation to record a live TV show in any format for someone who can't watch it.

I also won't be able to watch it (u.k. citizen and cheap student with no TV) so I would be eternally grateful for anyone who can record/upload it or even just write an indepth review/summary of it..... also, random though, but how about using a dictaphone to simply record what is being said and uploading that?

I'm also very interested in how those EKGs turned out; did they tell you?

This all sounds very exciting!
    *Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away
    *"We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey."

Showtimes:

Wednesday, October 28 09:00 PM
    Thursday, October 29 01:00 AM
    Saturday, October 31 10:00 PM
    Sunday, November 01 02:00 AM

Not sure if it's online yet.

Sounds exciting!
    Nothing I post on this forum is meant to be rude, disrespectful, or insulting. You do not have to respond to me. Answering my questions is completely optional.

Never take life seriously. No one gets out alive, anyway. ~ Unknown

=( awww, i missed it.

Did anyone tape it?

How did you miss it? it's only tuesday today O_o

Anyways, i plan on taping it so i don't miss it when i go to work that day... crap im late for work -.-'

Blog Entries

The part that makes me feel kinda "Eh" is in the description of the show..

"Follow veteran criminal profiler George Deuchar and renowned cryptozoologist, Ken Gerhardt as they investigate the legend of the notorious Wolfman.. a mysterious beast that attacked and killed 102 villagers.. many victims were found undressed and sexually assaulted .. Their modern-day forensic investigation leads them to the horrific truth behind the Werewolf murders."

And then they had you out in a forest trying to see you M-shift? Why does it sound to me like they are trying to determine if a human who thinks they are an animal could have lost control and done these things. I can't help but see a negative light shine on therianthropy.

I know I'm just being a touch Negative Nancy, but I just hate when the media distorts things, as they so often do.

I am excited to see it though, and I'll watch for ya when someone uploads it to Youtube :P

I certainly hope this goes down well, but I, like a few others before me, voice a concern that due to the description, therianthropy will not be portrayed in a positive light or at all. Aside from what strill suggested, I can't think of a reason why they'd discuss therianthropy in a special about a "wolf-man" serial killer in France.
    "One thorn to warn, ten thorns to defend, one hundred thorns to destroy."
    "Silly? Well, maybe. Am I insane? Probably. Definitely. Maybe. Well, probably. I thought I might be... But that is the way the buttons flow. And here I have been, feeling like a cactus. It whispers, you know - it talks, when no one is around. The wind talks when you are alone."

Well, even though im thinking negtively >>, i cant wait to see it. heh

grey wolf Guest

why do i feel once this airs on television here will be a whole bunch of more weres?