Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Therians on the History Channel -- THIS WEEK!!!

-----------------------------
    Last edited by Night; June 26th, 2015 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by strill View Post
    Why does it sound to me like they are trying to determine if a human who thinks they are an animal could have lost control and done these things. I can't help but see a negative light shine on therianthropy.

I know I'm just being a touch Negative Nancy, but I just hate when the media distorts things, as they so often do.

It's not necessarily just the media in this case. That is a perfectly reasonable academic and clinical take on the subject. I would also be interested in investigating possible links between therianthropy and clinical lycanthropy. Are similar things happening in the brain of someone who would be clinically diagnosable with lycanthropy? And might clinical lycanthropy be something like the experience of therianthropy, plus additional aspects that cause it to be more dangerous, out of control, or delusional? Completely fair medical reasoning there.

I'm so watching this!
    Rest In Peace, Cookie. I love you baby girl, now and always.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    It's not necessarily just the media in this case. That is a perfectly reasonable academic and clinical take on the subject. I would also be interested in investigating possible links between therianthropy and clinical lycanthropy. Are similar things happening in the brain of someone who would be clinically diagnosable with lycanthropy? And might clinical lycanthropy be something like the experience of therianthropy, plus additional aspects that cause it to be more dangerous, out of control, or delusional? Completely fair medical reasoning there.
    True on the medical reasoning- there's every reason to think that therianthropy and clinical lycanthropy could be related, but keep in mind that their description said, "make men look and act like animals."

If I know History Channel (and I do), this will make us look even more attractive to role-players.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Is this airing on the UK History Channel? I tried searching for it, but all the links were to US sites. Thankyou.

Most of the documentaries I've seen on similar subjects (like vampires), most of the show is about the supernatural entities and then the psychotic serial killers that emulate them, and then like 20 minutes at the end about the sane, rational people who are just different from the general population. I'm afraid incorrect conclusions will be drawn

I'm still going to tune in though
    The universe is hostile, so impersonal...
    Devour to survive.
    So it is, so it's always been.

I had my DVR set to record the MOMENT i saw the commercial for it!!! This will only be the second time (if it wasn't cut out) that I've ever heard therianthropy discussed on TV. The first time it was on there was on the show Ten Ways: How To Meet A Monster. It talked about werewolves then it had interviews with a few therians and showed a howl. I STILL have that one saved on my DVR. In fact there was a post about that show somewhere...
    Monsters are real, Ghosts are real too.
    They live inside us, and sometimes they win.
    -Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Nai-Yo Mie View Post
    The first time it was on there was on the show Ten Ways: How To Meet A Monster. It talked about werewolves then it had interviews with a few therians and showed a howl.
    *blinks*

Really? Sweet! The only time I had ever heard of therians mentioned on TV was when Coyote was interviewed for Animal Imposters! When was that show broadcast? And on what network?

Hmm ... I knew a couple of therians in my area (Goldenwolf and FireMare) who were both filmed in the wild for what I think was to be a Canadian special that mentioned therians. Is that the one?

And ... since you still have it ... do you think you could maybe upload the section about therians and the howl onto YouTube for everybody here to watch???

*crosses dewclaws*

By the way, regarding the EKG, all I heard at the time was that the technicians could see that my heartbeat was faster and other various levels were elevated, in contrast to the way I was before I M-shifted.

To be honest, I think it was really an MRI that would have been beneficial so they could see if my actual brain patterns changed during a shift. *grins and shrugs*

One way or another, this will get uploaded to YouTube, I figure, so people who can't see it directly will be able to see it that way. I hope.

We'll find out tomorrow night!

-- Eris
    “Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, or what's a heaven for?”
    -- Robert Browning (1812 - 1889)

Quote Originally Posted by Nai-Yo Mie View Post
    The first time it was on there was on the show Ten Ways: How To Meet A Monster. It talked about werewolves then it had interviews with a few therians and showed a howl. I STILL have that one saved on my DVR. In fact there was a post about that show somewhere...
    Any way to get that onto a DVD and ripped for upload?

It'll probably be available on Youtube, just like the other shows that mention therians are. That's the only way I'll be able to see it, as we don't get the History Channel.

I'm a little apprehensive because of the description, but I can't wait to see it.