Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Pawprint

Project Pawprint

Proposal: I am wanting to do a documentary on the therian community. All of them that have even mentioned therians so far have seemed to just be embarrassing to the community and I want to rectify that.
    Therians need to get what we are out there and show people that NO we aren't crazy people.

I am hoping to get a forum under Media to actually get people's input, ideas, and actually have the therian community help get this off the ground. I also think this would help keeping this Just in the community for now. Also, it would also help keep it in one area and would be a big help getting ideas.

FAQ: Timeline: I am looking at this entire project taking about 2 years from start to finish. I would hope this to be done October of 2011.

Style: Documentary that explains what therianism is, how the community is, what is "shifting", etc.

What I need help with: I would be looking for ideas, but the big thing I am asking everyone right now is this: If you were watching this as a non-therian, what would you want to see? If you were watching this as a therian what would you want to see?

I am looking for a name of the "film" also, would this be better cut up into small episodes and shown online only? Or a 1 or 2 hour documentary to be shown on the television?

Would you be willing to help out? If yes, how? Would you be a guest on the "show" or just want to help advertising or other things.

(I hope I did this right)
    The storm of war will arrive and thunder and blood will rain down from on high! Revolution is at hand. Unite!! Take up arms. Stand shoulder to shoulder with your brothers and sisters! And break free from the cold shackles of oppression. There will be no surrender! Only glory and honor! Stand and be counted among those that dare to fight for their freedom!

The suggestion I asked Analae to make here was to create a subforum under Media for communication with regards to this project. So we're kicking the idea around before I just go and do it.

I think that this is a good idea. I would be glad to help out.

As far as what I would like to see, would be more information about therianthropy.

But as a therian I would like to more about the community, and "who" we are.

The intention is great and exciting and I would happily watch such a program, but a word of caution: not everyone who identifies as a therian wants to be in the public eye. So is it wise to plan such a huge project if a lot of therians don't want family or friends or co-workers to know about their therianthropy? Such a creative project would put us out there for everyone to see and I'm not sure if we're ready for that yet.

I agree that eventually therians are going to become more mainstream, more in the media, etc. and that taking the reins on how this happens is important so it it's done right. However the project idea makes me nervous simply because once its out there, that's it, it on display for all the world to see. Are we sure the world't ready for us? And are we ready for the world?

I know I'm not ready for everyone to know I'm a wolf therian. But as soon as people who know me see this thing (if it's aired on TV) it's not hard to draw the conclusion on how I identify myself. And shouldn't that be something I decide to tell/not tell them? So while it would be helpful to have the correct info out there, therianthropy is a very personal thing and that should also be kept in mind with this project idea.

Just concerns to keep in mind. Obviously, I will try to help as much as possible. To make sure it's done right.

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 37 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch

Quote Originally Posted by elinox View Post
    The intention is great and exciting and I would happily watch such a program, but a word of caution: not everyone who identifies as a therian wants to be in the public eye. So is it wise to plan such a huge project if a lot of therians don't want family or friends or co-workers to know about their therianthropy? Such a creative project would put us out there for everyone to see and I'm not sure if we're ready for that yet.
    Anyone who doesn't want the publicity would be advised to participate if at all only in ways that preserved their anonymity. That's what I'll be doing. If I speak on camera at all, I'll be doing it through an animated avatar and using a voice changer. There are animation programs that let you do this.

If you mean "let's keep therianthropy a secret", it's kinda too late for that, and not a good idea in any case.

I am willing to help people get what they want said out there without having them seen if they do not wish to be. I understand the affects it could have on your family, life, and even others that know you. Some are open about their therianthropy, others are not.
    It will be helpful to get those that are willing to speak to speak and those that are not ready yet to give helpful input in other ways.
    The storm of war will arrive and thunder and blood will rain down from on high! Revolution is at hand. Unite!! Take up arms. Stand shoulder to shoulder with your brothers and sisters! And break free from the cold shackles of oppression. There will be no surrender! Only glory and honor! Stand and be counted among those that dare to fight for their freedom!

I think the project would be a good idea, might help bring the community together some, and could use its own forum to allow an easy place for the input to be compiled.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Anyone who doesn't want the publicity would be advised to participate if at all only in ways that preserved their anonymity. That's what I'll be doing. If I speak on camera at all, I'll be doing it through an animated avatar and using a voice changer. There are animation programs that let you do this.

If you mean "let's keep therianthropy a secret", it's kinda too late for that, and not a good idea in any case.

I agree with Savage. Those who don't want their identity to be know there are ways to cover for that. And if you don't want to participate or talk on camera you don't have to. It is YOUR choice to be known or not to be known.

I also looked it up. Those who want to at least have voice on the "show" can send it over the computer. I have a way to record talks and sound through IP. AKA VOIP (Voice over IP) Or even through Voice Chat. We'll get it all worked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage View Post
    Absolutely not! Besides, as you said Savage, we're already "out there". I just mean more mainstream. Ask some random person on the street what therianthropy is and you'll most likely get a funny look. Ask someone what a werewolf is and they immediately know the term. After this project gets aired (again, I'm assuming on TV) everyone who watches it will know what therianthropy is, or at least have a basic understanding of it. And depending on the demographic, that same person who didn't know about it before will afterwards. It's good to educate people and who better to than the community who it affects.

All I'm saying is that this needs to be done carefully. Careful that it's done objectively and educationally, not in a cheesy/dangerous light like how the History channel and Animal Planet have portrayed us in the past. It's a great idea for the community itself to take on, we just need to be cautious, that's all.

"That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 37 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch