Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Project Pawprint

Blog Entries

I'll help if I can. I've heard enough of people thinking we're crazy, and making us out to be crazy- and if we can pull this off, it will be much harder to portray us as insane.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Quote Originally Posted by Agita View Post

I would jump at the chance to give you an interview or whatever. I know I sound like an overexcited newbie-pup, but the material out there just doesn't satisfy me. I'd love there to be a program I can reference to help people understand and back myself up with.
    We can work something like that out, though it would have to be over the computer and recorded.
    The storm of war will arrive and thunder and blood will rain down from on high! Revolution is at hand. Unite!! Take up arms. Stand shoulder to shoulder with your brothers and sisters! And break free from the cold shackles of oppression. There will be no surrender! Only glory and honor! Stand and be counted among those that dare to fight for their freedom!

If you need any support (inter alia web space) please feel free to let WolfFriend or I know.
    -TerrorWolf
    Senior Community Administrator, Weresource
    IRC Network Administrator, Weresource IRC
    http://www.weresource.org

Quote Originally Posted by terrorwolf View Post
    If you need any support (inter alia web space) please feel free to let WolfFriend or I know.
    that would be great. My mate made a chat of it. Might have everyone interested get on there one day. chat.themiraclestudio.com. This is temporary as of now, but will soon hopefully be getting it moved.
    The storm of war will arrive and thunder and blood will rain down from on high! Revolution is at hand. Unite!! Take up arms. Stand shoulder to shoulder with your brothers and sisters! And break free from the cold shackles of oppression. There will be no surrender! Only glory and honor! Stand and be counted among those that dare to fight for their freedom!

I have made a chat on mibbit for Project Pawprint

#PawPrint Feel free to stop by to give some ideas or concerns. I will hopefully be holding a chat soon for just such an occasion.

Thanks Kumiho

Quote Originally Posted by Agita View Post
    Hell yeah. If anyone's going to release this kind of content, then surely it makes more sense for us to do it rather than mainstreamers to grab the nuttiest animal people they can find and end up saying, 'See, you've heard it from them, they are crazy!'

Rectifying, that is a good way to put it. Whatever you've seen on Animal Planet or whatever is flawed... here it is, the truth! Obviously no one is the almighty authority on therianthropy, but we can make a damned good effort at explaining it in a coherent way.

If I was watchng as a therian I'd want it to be made absolutely clear that therians are not furries and therianthropy is more than liking an animal too much or whatever, but a deeply personal thing that is not a choice.

If I were watching as a non therian, I'd like to see the similarities and differences between therians and werewolves etc from both modern times and old literature.

Agita has made a very good point. I'm sure that none of us want to be portrayed as a bunch of crazy people. Its disapionting that we are viewd as such, but i belive that, if,but I know we ARE going to do this that it help with the way we are seen, and the reactions that friends, parents, and other family members or even coworkers would have if we were to choose to tell them.

Analae thank you for taking up this project, I'll offer up any interview you need, I'll organize my thoughts on what needs/should to be covered and post it later, I have to go make dinner, so much has happened with this project in such a short time. I don't have much video/computer knowledge but have a jvc home camera.

This could be the main forum for the project but maybe as it develops a site of it's own would be good.
    ~~Our power can be replicated, but not our beginings~~

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen View Post
    Analae thank you for taking up this project, I'll offer up any interview you need, I'll organize my thoughts on what needs/should to be covered and post it later, I have to go make dinner, so much has happened with this project in such a short time. I don't have much video/computer knowledge but have a jvc home camera.

This could be the main forum for the project but maybe as it develops a site of it's own would be good.
    We can expand. My husband Prophet has already volunteered. Thank you Proff for your rant last night.

Thank you Ashen. Any help would be great. When you move to TN you shouldn't be too far away.

As I said in earlier posts (somewhere up the line, I think) I've got as much room as we need and am ready AND willing to get a site up and running. Before we do though, we need to think about the marketability of something like this. The most important thing so far would be naming this current project (again, somewhere up the line already in another section). Animal Planet had the right idea at least in parts when they promoted the fiasco that came on earlier this week. They maketed it as "We'rewolves" or something to that extent and did a lot of hush hush on the whole project up until they released it (at which point nobody could hardly remember what it was supposed to be anyways). I guess what I'm getting at is that they had a good promotional start back in the summer with catchy logos and an enticing story (good), but it wasn't WELL promoted and kinda faded out (not good)

Also, we need a central point around which to focus our efforts as far as what we're trying to explain here. Yes, we all have different ideas and concepts about what exactly therianthropy is, and indeed we all have different ideas about everything from religion to politics. What I'm getting at is that we need to really strip away all the fluff (pardon the expression ) and get right down to answering the basic question of "what is a therian" or "what does it MEAN to be a therian?"

Like I said, I'll be happy to put the site up and host it, but I'd also like to include a section where anyone from the community could upload photos, documents, video, audio . . . anything that they feel we might be able to put to good use.

My greatest hope in this project is that we will all get a little closer as a community, and at the same time make it easier for anyone out there who would like to talk about their therianthropy with their families. My family is VERY close minded and also VERY church oriented. It was never easy for me to talk about who and what I am, and so I never did. It is one of my great regrets in life, and I hope that this project will make it easier for those who are wanting to talk to the ones they care about the most.

~Proff~

Quote Originally Posted by Prophet View Post
    My greatest hope in this project is that we will all get a little closer as a community, and at the same time make it easier for anyone out there who would like to talk about their therianthropy with their families. My family is VERY close minded and also VERY church oriented. It was never easy for me to talk about who and what I am, and so I never did. It is one of my great regrets in life, and I hope that this project will make it easier for those who are wanting to talk to the ones they care about the most.

~Proff~
    Exactly ... my family is the same and while I'm sure they suspect I still have those 'wolf' feelings they didn't understand while I was growing up and have since had the i'm not catholic I'm pagan talk with them but never dared bring up therianthropy... when I first heard of the radio interview I thought maybe this will be a good example to be able to open up to my family and then point to something and say here you can do the research yourself, there are others like me, it's not just my imagination. I hope too that this will help people be a little more accepting.
    ~~Our power can be replicated, but not our beginings~~