Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Contribute

Default Contribute

What would you find yourself doing if asked to work on this project?
    Would you be willing to help in advertising, interviewing, keeping us sane, etc.
    Please, also let us know why you want to do that job.
    The storm of war will arrive and thunder and blood will rain down from on high! Revolution is at hand. Unite!! Take up arms. Stand shoulder to shoulder with your brothers and sisters! And break free from the cold shackles of oppression. There will be no surrender! Only glory and honor! Stand and be counted among those that dare to fight for their freedom!

I'm already part of the group you know that I'll do whatever you tell or show me to do.

I've got a feeling that I'm going to be doing most of the editing and post production, but I'm not the best behind a camera. Also, as stated elsewhere, if anyone would like to be anonymous I could very easily do the blur filter thing like you see on COPS and other shows. I could also change voices or black out or remove anything that should not be in the shot. As far as an animated avatar like Savage suggested: that I'm not so sure about, but if anyone would like an avatar speaking in their place it's certainly a doable thing in post production.

I have a dedicated server account with unlimited bandwidth and storage, so we can certainly share content (including large files) and host mini viewings along the way to final production.

If anyone would like to collaborate, I'll be using Adobe After Effects and Premier, as well as Final Cut to get everything pieced together just right .

If anyone out there has any editing experience I STRONGLY urge them to come forward as so far I think I may be the only editor here, and this is definitely NOT a one person job.

Editing or not, if anyone has anything to offer, it would greatly be appreciated! People generally think of video and film as being very technical, but the reality of it is that sometimes you just need an extra set of hands, ears, or eyes. To me, the more people that contribute to this project, the more personal it becomes to us all.

~Proff~

I can be an interviewer, keep you guys sane/bounce ideas off of, as well as advertising, but I don't know how to make websites or anything like that so I'm more the just keeping sane. :P
    ~~Our power can be replicated, but not our beginings~~

I suck at pin-pointing things like this. @_@ I want to help you guys in any way I can, but there's not one thing I can pull from the top of my head to say I can do. I'm a decent writer, so I could help with that, or help proofread/review things and give input, or if you want someone brand new to the therian community for an interview, I don't think I'd mind that either. I guess whatever you can think of as time goes along and the project takes shape, I'll be happy to help with. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Aislin View Post
    I'm already part of the group you know that I'll do whatever you tell or show me to do.
    Haha! Director's Assistant you nut.
    The storm of war will arrive and thunder and blood will rain down from on high! Revolution is at hand. Unite!! Take up arms. Stand shoulder to shoulder with your brothers and sisters! And break free from the cold shackles of oppression. There will be no surrender! Only glory and honor! Stand and be counted among those that dare to fight for their freedom!

I kinda echo Phelan's statement. I'm an ok writer, and I'd be more than willing to sit down and proofread or whatever is needed. I could do an interview, if one was needed, but I'd really rather not. Call me if you need more material, I guess.

Basically, I'll help with whatever you give me
    The universe is hostile, so impersonal...
    Devour to survive.
    So it is, so it's always been.

I'm willing to help in any was possible too. Just run it by me and I'll do it.
    As we look deeply within, we understand our perfect balance. There is no fear of the cycle of birth, life and death. For when you stand in the present moment, you are timeless.

If you find a need for glitzy cg fx, I can probably help. I don't have any film experience so don't expect ILM quality heh, but the work I do is like a second cousin to that industry. Applying cg to illustrate any scientific presentations, weremap style population density, text, or whatnot might help give the production an extra degree of professionalism, even though it would be a total mainstream eye candy thing to use. I might be able to get a couple coworkers to help out as well, one of which I trust completely and who is aware of my therioside.

You might try hunting down sponsors for the project if there are any viable sources. The economy is tough, but you could find people or groups who would be willing to donate funds in return for a simple thanks in the credits. The folks at Para-X, for instance? Whether or not they can, they might be able to point you to someone else.

Consider other donation revenue streams as well to collect funds that can be applied to the project. Direct Paypal links. Cafepress style online shops where you can upload unique art designs for products created by members in the community for members in the community to purchase toward the fulfillment of the documentary. Yada yada.

A few other ideas are floating through my brain, but I'll have to post them later.

One idea for the fundrasier thing would be a logo on cafepress 'Project Pawprint: Shift Happens' Along with other t-shirt, button type things *shrugs* people seemed to like the name.
    ~~Our power can be replicated, but not our beginings~~