Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Concerns and Ideas

Default Concerns and Ideas

If this is going to be for the community by the community, we need to know your thoughts. What bothers you about this, but also, what excites you?
    What are you hoping to be accomplished through Project PawPrint?
    The storm of war will arrive and thunder and blood will rain down from on high! Revolution is at hand. Unite!! Take up arms. Stand shoulder to shoulder with your brothers and sisters! And break free from the cold shackles of oppression. There will be no surrender! Only glory and honor! Stand and be counted among those that dare to fight for their freedom!

I want to see some solid groundwork laid in science and addressed to good academic standards for outside researchers, as well as a fair representation of all the spiritual and religious views in our community. Therianthropy is a multi-faceted thing and deserves a wide spectrum representation.

I completely agree with you Savage.

One thing that does really worries me is that reaction that the general public will have. I really hope that nobody, therian or otherwise has a negative reaction to any of this. I worry about people have violent outburst about this.(I hope nobody does)

Sad thing is though, no matter what the subject topic, there is always someone out there that is going to cause trouble. I don't think this will cause an outburst of any kind. I think this might make a few people jumpy because this is putting something that a lot of people classify as fiction right in their faces. Some might not like that.
    The storm of war will arrive and thunder and blood will rain down from on high! Revolution is at hand. Unite!! Take up arms. Stand shoulder to shoulder with your brothers and sisters! And break free from the cold shackles of oppression. There will be no surrender! Only glory and honor! Stand and be counted among those that dare to fight for their freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Aislin View Post
    I completely agree with you Savage.

One thing that does really worries me is that reaction that the general public will have. I really hope that nobody, therian or otherwise has a negative reaction to any of this. I worry about people have violent outburst about this.(I hope nobody does)
    I think it's better to get a little-known topic in the public eye and show it for what it is, dismiss any misconceptions, and present the truth than allow people to continue guessing or being ignorant about it. People will always have negative reactions to anything and everything. :P

Yeah... So... One thing I would really like to get across is that therians aren't furries... >_< I'm not saying it's wrong to have an interest in such a thing, and I'm not surprised that for some people the two overlap when it comes to their own identities/lifestyles. But it's really the farthest thing from what I am or have anything to do with, and it's getting really tiresome to be equated with furries all the time; it makes me die a little inside. People are just so predisposed, it seems, to lashing out with furry-related insults if you try and explain this sort of thing. And I hate it, it's hurtful to be misinterpreted in such a way. Something that is so deeply a part of me is being insulted and spat on as if it were a style of cartoon, or sexual fetish? (Once again, no offence to anyone who anyone who is a furry, I'm just looking at it from the perspective of others who are ready to judge.)

I like a focus of the thing to really show the animal connection...personally I'd like to use my therianthropy to help me in actually getting the world back to a better place for animals, and I believe that if we show this in the right light it could open a huge world of prospects for that goal I don't know how I just have that feeling that if done right this could be a really good thing not only just for therians but for animals too.

Also I'd like it mentioned that it's not a choice...we don't pick our theriotype, we can't 'stop being therians' I kinda see that while it's not sexual it'll kinda be similar as the media vs the gay community. Along with that show that it truly is a lifestyle and something that needs balance.

If I wasn't a therian and watching it the biggest eye grabber I would think would be footage of people shifting. A lot of stupid asses will be negative that it's not the cool physical shifting but others will still be pretty fascinated by it...or think it's bull shit I don't know I'm nervous but I have a good feeling about this all.
    ~~Our power can be replicated, but not our beginings~~

Also I think something should be said about the Therian Bible, no offense to anyone that is a member of the therian temple but personally I think it's all bullshit, and a think it should be made clear that not all therians think like that.
    ~~Our power can be replicated, but not our beginings~~

I think reference to some books every now and then- that allows the audience to seek out more info if they want to.
    Also a highlight that while Therianthropy doesn't 'make' people do anything geared towards animal care or world conservation it can 'motivate' them to; after all we don't want people to think we're all compulsory tree-huggers =P
    *Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away
    *"We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey."

Other than the therian bible, what books are actually out there? That is the only thing. I have never seen a book about therianthropy.

Well there's Lupa's 'A field guide to otherkin' which talks about therianthropy with the rest of the kin-types, then she's also done 'Shifting, shamanism and Therianthropy'. Beyond that there is a rather good book (the title escapes me but I can find it) out there which takles using animals as an archtypal device for self improvement, which may come in use as I kow some therians feel that way

We also ahve the online comic Therithere, and genrally good books on reincarnation could be mentioned, or even books on psychology.... we are a broad specturm indeed.
    *Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away
    *"We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey."