Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Concerns and Ideas

My friend got back to me today about the subject, I'm just gonna copy and paste it really good questions to answer imo.

"I've been thinking off and on for a few weeks; like Teri, I don't remember much of our conversations about therianthropy from back in the day. I remember not being sure I believed what you believed, but that was more from a stand point of never experiencing what you were. So I think in a documentary, a nice, clear, concise explanation/definition of therianthropy would be extremely helpful. And it would be important to differentiate it from other forms of animal-connectedness (like furries). And to some questions I've thought of:"

1. Is therianthropy similar to Native American beliefs in spirit-animals?
    2. In general, how do people come to believe in therianthropy? Is it a gradual awakening? At what age does this happen?
    3. An affinity for a certain animal or multiple animals?
    4. Is there or has there been research conducted about this subculture?
    5. Any anthropologists in the world studying therianthropy? Any experts? Any fields of professional study (i.e. psychology, sociology, religion) that have taken an interest in studying this field?
    6. Are there other cultures in the world who believe in some form of therianthropy? Is it a common belief?
    7. What are the demographics of people who believe (age, ethnicity, background, education level, etc.)?
    8. Are there any historical accounts? Any famous historical figures?
    9. Are there set doctrines regarding beliefs or is an individualized experience?
    10. Explain the connectedness between an individual and their animal. Examples, personal accounts, etc.
    11. In general, are people connected exotic/wild animals and/or domestic animals?
    12. How does this affect the daily lives of believers?
    13. What do people who believe in therianthropy want the general public to know?
    14. What is the connection to therianthropy and more generally known religions/spiritual beliefs?
    15. Are there people who believe in a particular religion and therianthropy, or is it "I believe in therianthropy, but not any other organized religion"?
    ~~Our power can be replicated, but not our beginings~~

are these possible questions to ask Ashen? Or do I need to try and answer them, because in all honesty I cannot as of now? And yes, I do think they are really good questions. Also I'm going to post those on our site. If I need to remove them please let me know. They are good questions to consider.
    Last edited by Kyte; November 17th, 2009 at 07:10 PM.
    The storm of war will arrive and thunder and blood will rain down from on high! Revolution is at hand. Unite!! Take up arms. Stand shoulder to shoulder with your brothers and sisters! And break free from the cold shackles of oppression. There will be no surrender! Only glory and honor! Stand and be counted among those that dare to fight for their freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Analae View Post
    are these possible questions to ask Ashen? Or do I need to try and answer them, because in all honesty I cannot as of now? And yes, I do think they are really good questions. Also I'm going to post those on our site. If I need to remove them please let me know. They are good questions to consider.
    I think Ashen meant that those could be questions to try and "answer" (although we know that by attempting to answer questions like these we just raise more) in the documentary. Because they are common questions people who aren't familiar with therianthropy would like to ask.

Yea you don't have to answer it now, just these are things that could be explained in the documentary

Any one on the werelist or know anyone (therian or not) that is a college professor? Might be a good idea for the people that have done college papers about therianthropy to submit them and maybe ask the professors if they'd be interested in giving comment about the subject for the documentary..

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen View Post
    Any one on the werelist or know anyone (therian or not) that is a college professor? Might be a good idea for the people that have done college papers about therianthropy to submit them and maybe ask the professors if they'd be interested in giving comment about the subject for the documentary..
    Er. Well, there are some therian academics, but I don't know any who would willingly put their real name and credentials out in public. I'll ask around, but my guess is that everybody I know in this category is going to say no. Behind the scenes input is more likely to be offered.

We might could ask BJ from the Santa Barbara study project....let me see about digging up her info.

I don't want to say that I can do something for you, when I am overwhelmed with 6 courses, college-transfer paperwork, and a job, but I have resources available here at the college if you wish when you come up, Analae and Prophet. I am can piece together the information for demographics and try to help with the presentation of data, since I am a geography major (statistical crap like that is what we live for), but like I said, for the moment, until January, I can't guarantee anything.
    How to fly: Throw oneself at the ground, then miss.

Check out my podcast at www.setzireal88.podbean.com

We can make the statistical information available from Weresource. If you have any specific questions, let one of us know and we can add it to the upcoming release of the Stats Engine.
    -TerrorWolf
    Senior Community Administrator, Weresource
    IRC Network Administrator, Weresource IRC
    http://www.weresource.org