Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Concerns and Ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonslorefury View Post
    Well there's Lupa's 'A field guide to otherkin' which talks about therianthropy with the rest of the kin-types, then she's also done 'Shifting, shamanism and Therianthropy'. Beyond that there is a rather good book (the title escapes me but I can find it) out there which takles using animals as an archtypal device for self improvement, which may come in use as I kow some therians feel that way

We also ahve the online comic Therithere, and genrally good books on reincarnation could be mentioned, or even books on psychology.... we are a broad specturm indeed.
    I need to kidnapp you for research. Wow...thanks
    The storm of war will arrive and thunder and blood will rain down from on high! Revolution is at hand. Unite!! Take up arms. Stand shoulder to shoulder with your brothers and sisters! And break free from the cold shackles of oppression. There will be no surrender! Only glory and honor! Stand and be counted among those that dare to fight for their freedom!

Lupa may be interested in participating in this project actually. When her life gets a little less hectic, I'll ask her.

Blog Entries

Ya, Lupa’s book A Field Guild to Otherkin is pretty much the best therian and/or Otherkin related book out there. An her ebook, Shifting, shamanism and Therianthropy is really pretty good as well. There is also The Magic of Shapeshifting but that book just has so many problems with it I wouldn’t advice using it without a big bucket load of salt.

As for concerns and ideas, I think just taking things at their own pace and not trying to rush through and met a dead-line. Something that is going to this good will be worth the wait. I think the documentary really most importantly express that we really are just fairly normal folks who just have our natural quirks. That we are people who didn’t choice to be the way we are, we just are the way we are.

Aethyriek Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen View Post
    Also I think something should be said about the Therian Bible, no offense to anyone that is a member of the therian temple but personally I think it's all bullshit, and a think it should be made clear that not all therians think like that.

I would leave the Therian Temple out of it, personally. Pretend it doesn’t exist. Touching it seems more like disaster. If anyone is concerned about people mistaking therianthropy in general for religion, that could simply be clarified. The general public doesn’t know about the Therian Temple to begin with, so it could cause confusion to bring it up.

Well, curious...WHY have this project? It's not that I'm not uber-enthused (I am uber-enthused) but is there REALLY that much bad publicity or "demand" for us/the community?

My only concern is that we may still attract unnecessary attention, the image that would be sent about therianthropy, as if we DEMAND the attention and MUST be on television. That's all.
    Last edited by Werewolf of Waldorf; November 1st, 2009 at 09:11 PM. Reason: grammar
    How to fly: Throw oneself at the ground, then miss.

Check out my podcast at www.setzireal88.podbean.com

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf of Waldorf View Post
    Well, curious...WHY have this project? It's not that I'm not uber-enthused (I am uber-enthused) but is there REALLY that much bad publicity or "demand" for us/the community?

My only concern is that we may still attract unnecessary attention, the image that would be sent about therianthropy, as if we DEMAND the attention and MUST be on television. That's all.
    I don't think the world is going to stop turning if we don't put out a documentary about therianthropy, but it's a little-known subject that affects a lot of people, on top of that I find it really interesting. So do a few non-therians I know. I think it would be good for the community to get exposure. :3

This is actually a tricky question. I can answer it with a question. Why put anything out there? The answer I see is that everyone, not just non-therians but even other therians and those that don't know that there are others like them out there can use some information. It is a source to compile information.

There is not that much bad publicity out there, no. But with so many new 'werewolf' movies and stories coming out, I think it helps to explain that it is not just a legend, we might not be able to p-shift, but we all experience something in some way.

Also, about television. If everything goes well I am actually looking at renting out a few theaters to do private viewings when this is all done. THIS IS NOT CONCRETE!!!
    IF this goes to TV it would be with a limited contract. This limited contract would allow them to air it but in NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM, change it. They would not be able to use something that all of us put together to make us look like nuts. It is going to take time to get everything together and to do it right, but I do think that in the long run...yes it will be worth it.
    The storm of war will arrive and thunder and blood will rain down from on high! Revolution is at hand. Unite!! Take up arms. Stand shoulder to shoulder with your brothers and sisters! And break free from the cold shackles of oppression. There will be no surrender! Only glory and honor! Stand and be counted among those that dare to fight for their freedom!

So it's the ol' "Why? Why not!" Like I said, just curious.
    How to fly: Throw oneself at the ground, then miss.

Check out my podcast at www.setzireal88.podbean.com

So it's the ol' "Why? Why not!" Like I said, just curious.
    Yeah. And I think it would be good to have a compilation of information.

Personally I'd rather have something that is going to define who/what we are that we've said, rather than wait for someone else who knows nothing about it do it for us.
    ~~Our power can be replicated, but not our beginings~~