Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Concerns and Ideas

Blog Entries

The whole idea of not doing this is a bit deceptive. We actually don't have a really low profile- most of the people we wouldn't want knowing about us know about us. Am I concerned about people thinking we're crazy? Hell yes. I've had it happen to me. But I think that, as long as we do this carefully, we will make it harder and harder for people to be swayed over to the troll's side.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

I would like to see interviews and day-to-day life stuff with a wide variety of therians. Like someone said before, it would be cool to have shifting footage, but I don't know- it would probably make us look fluffy. On the other hand, it seems like the most honest and forthright thing to do is include everything, so why not?

Maybe some expansion on our origins? Lupa talked about the otherkin 'birth' in her book, and I thought it was very interesting- maybe some more of that and some AHWW info too?

Aside from that: basics. This is for us, but it is also for the rest of the world. Let's make sure we lay the groundwork right.

I probably won't be eighteen in time to contribute to this, but I will probably be eighteen in time to do private showings, like (I think) Analae said. I'll be watching! x3

Omega98 Guest

I think that having friends of therians comment on it. Non therians input would make the documentary viewers hopefully realize that therianthropy isn't a cult/religion/weirs thing. Non therians believe in it and are fine with it. Also I think we should some common arguments people have against therianthropy and then say why those are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega98 View Post
    I think that having friends of therians comment on it. Non therians input would make the documentary viewers hopefully realize that therianthropy isn't a cult/religion/weirs thing. Non therians believe in it and are fine with it. Also I think we should some common arguments people have against therianthropy and then say why those are wrong.
    First part is a fantastic idea. Nontherian input would be phenomenal, I think.
    The second part- why they're 'wrong'... well, like most things involved with therianthropy, it's all opinion. But perhaps we could use some arguments against it and then respond with why we BELIEVE those arguments are wrong. As long as you use that qualifier, it seems like it would be better... Tiptoe, I'm saying.

Omega98 Guest

SummonerWolf, I agree about that completely.

I really like the idea of being able to talk to non-therians or friends of therians about the issue; kind of adds a new angle to it.
    *Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away
    *"We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey."

I asked my childhood friends that I told about my therianthropy about the project and asked for their imput on what they'd like to see, but I don't know any that would volunteer for filming
    ~~Our power can be replicated, but not our beginings~~

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen View Post
    I asked my childhood friends that I told about my therianthropy about the project and asked for their imput on what they'd like to see, but I don't know any that would volunteer for filming
    That's fine. Just ideas on what to ask or look for would be helpful. Or they could just speak and we could record and do a voice over or something.
    I've got the first part planned out and am on to the second.
    The storm of war will arrive and thunder and blood will rain down from on high! Revolution is at hand. Unite!! Take up arms. Stand shoulder to shoulder with your brothers and sisters! And break free from the cold shackles of oppression. There will be no surrender! Only glory and honor! Stand and be counted among those that dare to fight for their freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by GestaltZe View Post
    I would like to see interviews and day-to-day life stuff with a wide variety of therians. Like someone said before, it would be cool to have shifting footage, but I don't know- it would probably make us look fluffy. On the other hand, it seems like the most honest and forthright thing to do is include everything, so why not?
    Shifting footage would be tricky because of how downright strange it would look to the eyes of those who are not used to seeing it. We all saw what happened on the history channel. Granted they used horrible footage, seeing a shift would still appear "out there" to nontherians. I think it would be best to introduce therianthropy slowly in this documentary. We don't want to throw it into other people's faces. One of our points is to show that we're normal after all. I think an explaination of shifting and what it does to us is all that is needed. If we come on too strongly then people will think that we're all a group of weirdos rather than a valid group.
    As we look deeply within, we understand our perfect balance. There is no fear of the cycle of birth, life and death. For when you stand in the present moment, you are timeless.

I second Howlerwolf. Getting people to spontaneously shift in the first place is kinda hard: not everyone can shift on command. Also, I have a tendency to loose articles of clothing...not good on public television.

Getting non-therian input is a brilliant idea. I've already got 3 non-therian friends willing to help out with this documentary, so it will be good to get "normal" ideas and views.
    How to fly: Throw oneself at the ground, then miss.

Check out my podcast at www.setzireal88.podbean.com