Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Helpers Needed

Thank you all that have replied, I am sorry for the late answer. I will need one other helping area as of right now. What other sites should Project Pawprint be posted on? I don't know of any other active Therian sites that would be helpful or even interested. Please let me know.

I also need information on Totem animals or Spirit Guides. I am trying to get onto a reservation soon to talk to some native americans on where they stand with the whole totem animal thing.

Okay prepare for a lot of quotes.

Quote Originally Posted by GestaltZe View Post
    I currently work in a CDS room at an elementary school: we have a lot of autism resources, and I can probably photocopy some of the best/most relevant information and recommend titles. Would that be something useful to you?
    In addition, if you don't find anyone else to do 'types of shifts' (but I bet you will) I find that very interesting and I'd love to compile a list.

One thing I must note is that I'm 17, not eighteen yet.
    Thanks for letting me know your age. Since the project will be over in 2011 I am sure we can use you when you are older. I would love some help gathering information on types of shifts, Thank you. Please compile a list. I have my hands full at the moment and would appreciate your help.
    About the Autism, I could use information but please don't give me someone's personal records, because I don't want to go that deep into it.

Quote Originally Posted by ilrak View Post
    I could probably help in the script writing department if you would like. I'm currently in a higher level screenwriting class and have been using storyboards all throughout my years in film school. I'm available through email mostly but I can be available through phone as well.
    That would be great. What kind of formats can you open on your computer? Just .jpg or other files? What would be easier? I will have more information for you soon. Please PM me when you get a chance and we can arrange something.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonslorefury View Post

I can also get infomation on, at least, six books concerning Autism and whether or not they may be useful to the project.
    Anything right now would be interesting and hopefully helpful. Sad thing is you have to research before jumping in. Anything you can contribute would be great. Thank you for the list of books.

Quote Originally Posted by cheetah View Post
    I have access to a book on clinical lycanthropy and could probably dig up some others.
    If you think there is something worth quoting please send it my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlerwolf View Post
    I'll head to the public library tomorrow and search for some books on clinical lycanthropy as well as werewolf mythology. If I find anything worth noting I'll let you know asap. I'm assuming you're going to be basing the Were mythology off of western-european lore so I'll focus in with that.
    Thank you. Hopefully you will find something. It doesn't have to be just Northern European. I would hopefully like to find information as werewolves as heros as well, such as in old Russia. They kept the dead from attacking around Halloween.

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf of Waldorf View Post
    I've two people that I know of at school that are psychology students. Getting a social life would be no bad thing for me, so I would be more than happy to get together with them and study up on psychology. One of the people I know also has acquaintances who dabble in the paranormal, so I could ask him if contact with the third kind would be allowed or desired in this project.
    Everyone should have a social life. Psychology might be an interesting look into it. Sorry lost my train of thought. If you think you can find something useful please pm me. I'm interested. I don't think anything on the 3rd kind could really help, since that deals more along the lines of Aliens. This is not Sci-Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicator View Post
    Coming up hear in January I am going to be in a Medical Anthropology class and we will be discussing things like clinical lycanthropy and how in various cultures this has been shown in myths and legends about "werewolves." If during the course I find some interesting credible articles I will forward them along.
    I've never heard of studying werewolves with Anthropology but Lycantrhopy I have. I love anthropology so even if it can't be used for this project I would love to pick your brain. Thanks and look forward to what you might sink your claws into.

Quote Originally Posted by Agita View Post
    May I suggest the book 'Animals in Translation: Using the Mysteries of Autism'? .
    Thank you. Savage and a few others have recommended it too and I have it coming to the local library.

Quote Originally Posted by strill View Post
    Feel free to pull from my essays on CameoShifting (http://project-shift.org/therianthropy/cameo.php) or on general therianthropy (http://project-shift.org/therianthro...ouatherian.php). Or really anything I've written anywhere as long as you let me know.

Also, if you are looking for more essays on types of shifts/therianthropy information, I'd suggest perusing the WereLibrary and more from Project Shift.
    Thank you Strill. I have talked to Sonne as well and hope to jump into reading some of the Project Shift essays and such very soon. I just have to find time.

Thank you again everyone. Also, anyone else please feel free to help out. We've got a good sized project and the more that help the quicker results can be seen.
    The storm of war will arrive and thunder and blood will rain down from on high! Revolution is at hand. Unite!! Take up arms. Stand shoulder to shoulder with your brothers and sisters! And break free from the cold shackles of oppression. There will be no surrender! Only glory and honor! Stand and be counted among those that dare to fight for their freedom!

Quote Originally Posted by Analae View Post
    Thanks for letting me know your age. Since the project will be over in 2011 I am sure we can use you when you are older. I would love some help gathering information on types of shifts, Thank you. Please compile a list. I have my hands full at the moment and would appreciate your help.
    About the Autism, I could use information but please don't give me someone's personal records, because I don't want to go that deep into it.
    Oh, no. I couldn't legally give you personal records even if I wanted to. What I have is a folder full (and I do mean full) of autism information provided by various sources. I will go through that over the next few days and make copies of anything useful. If you have any specific interests (like we just got an article on toe-walking, which seems to be at least a little prevalent in therians) then let me know and I will dig a little deeper.

And I will start compiling shifting types, along with their definitions, over the weekend. I fear it will be a long, long list, as there are no real 'standard' shifting types. xD

Quote Originally Posted by GestaltZe View Post
    Oh, no. I couldn't legally give you personal records even if I wanted to. What I have is a folder full (and I do mean full) of autism information provided by various sources. I will go through that over the next few days and make copies of anything useful. If you have any specific interests (like we just got an article on toe-walking, which seems to be at least a little prevalent in therians) then let me know and I will dig a little deeper.

And I will start compiling shifting types, along with their definitions, over the weekend. I fear it will be a long, long list, as there are no real 'standard' shifting types. xD
    Thank you. I've never heard of toe walking. Just whatever you can get me. Please send all information to projectpawprint@gmail.com Thanks.
    The storm of war will arrive and thunder and blood will rain down from on high! Revolution is at hand. Unite!! Take up arms. Stand shoulder to shoulder with your brothers and sisters! And break free from the cold shackles of oppression. There will be no surrender! Only glory and honor! Stand and be counted among those that dare to fight for their freedom!

I just have to interject and correct the bit about "contact with the third kind." Aliens aren't "a third kind," as in, it's not that we're people and they're aliens so they're called "the third kind." An encounter "of the third kind" simply means that it's a face-to-face encounter with an alien. An encounter of the first or second kind would be simply sighting a UFO, or sighting of a UFO with physical evidence. I'm not saying that stuff is real, just that's how it's classified, lolz.

Quote Originally Posted by PhelanVelvel View Post
    I just have to interject and correct the bit about "contact with the third kind." Aliens aren't "a third kind," as in, it's not that we're people and they're aliens so they're called "the third kind." An encounter "of the third kind" simply means that it's a face-to-face encounter with an alien. An encounter of the first or second kind would be simply sighting a UFO, or sighting of a UFO with physical evidence. I'm not saying that stuff is real, just that's how it's classified, lolz.
    Lol. Thanks for clarifying. I just know the different "kinds" are different aspects of alien contact.