Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Myths

Its not a whole bunch Cheetah, but I am trying to get a few to tie in myths with real world therians.
    The storm of war will arrive and thunder and blood will rain down from on high! Revolution is at hand. Unite!! Take up arms. Stand shoulder to shoulder with your brothers and sisters! And break free from the cold shackles of oppression. There will be no surrender! Only glory and honor! Stand and be counted among those that dare to fight for their freedom!

Blog Entries

Unfortunately, however, most myths that have anything resembling a therian end up in us trying/succeeding to eat the protagonist.

I don't think equating us with bedtime stories used to scare children is a good idea. I'll do it anyway, but I won't be terribly pleased about it.

EDIT: Actually, the Khonds tribe from Asia apparently likes us. Due to their being infamous for their tendency of human sacrifice however, I suspect their endorsement will gain us little.

EDIT AFTER EDIT: Here. 1911 Encyclopedia Britannica.
    Last edited by cheetah; January 7th, 2010 at 06:45 PM.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

its more along the lines of not beleiving. its about showing what was believed and how it causes more people to turn a blind eye more in the modern world/society. We're not going to bash us or make people see us as nuts. You just have to have faith that we can pull this off.
    The storm of war will arrive and thunder and blood will rain down from on high! Revolution is at hand. Unite!! Take up arms. Stand shoulder to shoulder with your brothers and sisters! And break free from the cold shackles of oppression. There will be no surrender! Only glory and honor! Stand and be counted among those that dare to fight for their freedom!

Blog Entries

Okay, I'll find somemore articles. Here's to hoping this gamble pays off.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

If we find out that it will be hurting the project more than helping it will be scrapped. We are not out there to cause trouble or to make us all look like a bunch of like minded fools.

I'm trying to find a link or more stable information that just 'someone I was talking to on chat mentioning it' but I heard of a Lakota Indian myth about how (all animals) there is a 'little fox' inside the each fox and that little fox is suppose to go back into a fox body after death but sometimes the great spirit makes mistakes and the fox spirit ends up in a human.. as soon as I find more stable sources I"ll post more.
    ~~Our power can be replicated, but not our beginings~~

umm, Spring heel Jack?
    He took a number of different styles of animals while on his rampages.
    Ignorance is bliss but knowledge brings prospect.

I dunno I tried asking the person who mentioned it, it was told them by a grandfather, and they couldn't give me any other information about it but basically they believed that each creature had a spirit in the same shape as their physical body and were suppose to go back into that form after death, but sometimes for whatever reason they would get confused and be sent back into a human body but would still have the soul of the creature. ..if it's just a story passed down threw the tribe I doubt I'll find any information online for it, but I would ask that if anyone knows any Lakota/ Sioux that they ask them about this myth...I suppose maybe there is a website where someone answers questions.... *goes off to look for that*

Quote Originally Posted by Ashen View Post
    I dunno I tried asking the person who mentioned it, it was told them by a grandfather, and they couldn't give me any other information about it but basically they believed that each creature had a spirit in the same shape as their physical body and were suppose to go back into that form after death, but sometimes for whatever reason they would get confused and be sent back into a human body but would still have the soul of the creature. ..if it's just a story passed down threw the tribe I doubt I'll find any information online for it, but I would ask that if anyone knows any Lakota/ Sioux that they ask them about this myth...I suppose maybe there is a website where someone answers questions.... *goes off to look for that*
    That's really cool. If everything goes okay I should be going to South Dakota to the Lakota Nation later on this year or next year. If its before the completion of the project that would be cool, though I don't know how it would relate. But that is a cool idea.

Whether it's a part of the project or not if you're going to the Lakota Nation and have a chance to talk to a medicine man please ask him (I'm really curious for the full story)...I think this is really cool too and could be proof that therians have been around for at least 200 years, maybe the indians were the first to recognize it for it's basic principals.