Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grant Info

Smile Grant Info

Thank you to the grant writer for project pawprint. I don't want to give out her personal info but I wanted to share with you what she wrote for this project. This is from someone who has never heard of therianthrophy until now. Also, thank you Project Shift. You've been a very big help!

[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3]The Miracle Studio, a film studio owned by Chanelle and Josh Pierce, is fully engaged in creating an ‘insiders view’ documentary film project that focuses and documents the much neglected world of Therianthropy called Project Pawprint. What is therianthropy? Therianthropy is a phenomenon in which a human strongly identifies in a psychological and/or spiritual way with a certain animal (or creature) to the point of considering themselves to be that animal. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3]As discussion about therianthropy ages, the term is becoming more diverse, but the one thing to remember is that a therian is both a human and non-human animal, whether it is linked to spirituality, reincarnation, or psychology (etc). Some people believe they have the soul of an animal or that they were once that animal in a past life. While still others believe they possess atypical psychology or imprinted an animal when they were young, much the way a baby chick imprints the first animal it sees as its mother. The list of roots and causes is rather endless and incredibly personal.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3]Therianthropy is more than just liking an animal or being attracted to an animal. It is being a different species inside altogether (and you’ll find therianthropy sometimes compared to transgender). Individuals who believe that they experience therianthropy are called therianthropes, or more commonly, [/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3]therians[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3]. Early modern therians identified as werewolves; therefore, "[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3]Were[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3]" used to be a common term but has gradually phased out, though some pockets of the subculture continue to use it. Lycanthropy tends to be another term that is associated with therianthropy; the term is often used to refer to any human to nonhuman animal transformation. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3]Many therianthropes have commented on the great variation in belief regarding the nature of the phenomena, but the majority agrees that the experience is one where a person is an animal (alternatively both human and animal) on the inside and a human on the outside, with the details of this depending on the individual. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3]A few people have speculated that the fictional Were-Wolf legend might be traced back to the early Dark Ages, when some people, who were called "Were Wolves", were thought to have an animal soul, and that these early werewolves, were not thought of as monsters, but were actually respected members of the community, also that Werewolves even had a special position in the early church. This has not been verified though, and is still widely speculated upon.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3]Therianthropic societies tend to be underground internet based organizations that provide support and forums for members to unit, bond, and speak freely about their lives. Any human that “feels different” tends to seek out others that they can associate with in order not to feel so alone in the world. This subculture social philosophy has had very little publicity or air time, and when it was discussed, it was done in a cruel negative way; that would unjustly create more “therian racism”.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3]Project Goals [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3]The project itself, developed by Chanelle and Josh Pierce, is focused on bringing Therianthropy to the general public. Therianthropic people would like to be recognized and not alienated. There currently is a debate in the Therianthropic world that therianthropy is a religion and a choice, though most therians will tell you it is not a choice, and it is not a religion. The documentary film plans to show both sides of the argument.[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3]Currently, all of the staff that is working on the project is volunteering their time because they really believe in the project. They currently have two (2) animators, a script writer, a cinematographer, a producer, and an editor. They expect to have a promotional piece out in the next few weeks. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3]We hope to start filming no later than the end of January and are going to some "howls" or gatherings over the next year. A “howl” is a gathering of therians that typically entails interaction with nature and group camaraderie; it can be compared to Native American Pow Wow. The filming of howls has already been set up for the year and this will help get the community involved more than just having a few people on screen. We've got documentation, students, friends, and other therian community members that will be talking and giving their takes and testimonials on their Therianthropy and how it has affected their lives; both positive and negative. [/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Garamond][SIZE=3]We plan on finishing no later than March of 2011 and want to have it shown in a few theatres and the film festivals. We are striving to have the whole project finished by the Spring Howl of 2011 in Alabama to do a private showing. Our goal is to have the film viewed at the big Alabama Howl and enter several film festivals around the country. The documentary will be shown online and volunteer team members are working to have it shown on PBS in South Carolina; hopefully for Halloween. We are going to enter festivals as well as show online and we are talking about trying to put it on television for Halloween. [/SIZE][/FONT]
    The storm of war will arrive and thunder and blood will rain down from on high! Revolution is at hand. Unite!! Take up arms. Stand shoulder to shoulder with your brothers and sisters! And break free from the cold shackles of oppression. There will be no surrender! Only glory and honor! Stand and be counted among those that dare to fight for their freedom!

Beautifully written, I feel respected here. I do wish to note the difference of therianthropy and clinical lycanthropy. Who do we plan on sending it to? And...thank you so much, mysterious writer.

I like how that's written. It's very well thought out [in my opinion].

Blog Entries

Really nicely written. Kudos to the person who wrote that out. Its even more impressive given the fact that the person has never heard of therianthropy before.

Quote Originally Posted by Akai View Post
    Beautifully written, I feel respected here. I do wish to note the difference of therianthropy and clinical lycanthropy. Who do we plan on sending it to? And...thank you so much, mysterious writer.
    This one has already been sent out. It was for the Puffin Foundation for a small grant. Its for those who want to make a difference. I'll post more information in the morning. I have to find the form
    The storm of war will arrive and thunder and blood will rain down from on high! Revolution is at hand. Unite!! Take up arms. Stand shoulder to shoulder with your brothers and sisters! And break free from the cold shackles of oppression. There will be no surrender! Only glory and honor! Stand and be counted among those that dare to fight for their freedom!

Yay! It is lovely. It definitely covered many points in a small, concise space.

I think it's great. I'm also glad it was noted that we didn't /choose/ to have these odd feelings or beliefs. There's a word missing here or there, though, but if It's already gone out it doesn't matter. ^^:

Quote Originally Posted by Akai View Post
    difinatly need to point that out to people * the differences between clinical lycanthropy and therianthropy* because some get the wrong idea, and think were're all insane.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jaggirl92 View Post
    difinatly need to point that out to people * the differences between clinical lycanthropy and therianthropy* because some get the wrong idea, and think were're all insane.
    At the same time, we shouldn't distance ourselves too far from it, as being seen as having something in common with something well-documented and proven would make us more credible, as well as being probably true. And since Project Pawprint is designed to spread truth (at least, that's the impression I've gotten), we should mention that possiblity, while being careful where our paws land.
    "If you are worthy of his affection, a cat will be your friend but never your slave. He keeps his free will though he loves, and will not do for you what he thinks unreasonable; but if he once gives himself to you, it is with absolute confidence and fidelity of affection." -Theophile Gautier

Blog Entries

Reading this makes me very optimistic. I haven't really been involved in the project, but I wish you all good luck! Hopefully the film will be shown in Europe as well.