Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Unusual reflexive spoken reactions?

Default Unusual reflexive spoken reactions?

So, everyone has heard stories of people reacting in various animalistic fashions to assorted stimuli without really thinking about it.

My question would be, has anyone ever actually said something along the same lines? This strikes me as odd because obviously, speaking isn't really terribly animal at all, and yet yesterday, I was at a drive-through with a friend, and it was raining. We were talking about it and she mentioned how I could go outside because I wouldn't mind getting wet. I don't know how she came to that conclusion. Thing is, as soon as she did my immediate response was "No, wet fur smells kind of bad." Personally, I actually don't mind the smell, but a lot of people do. At any rate though I actually started to say this, I'd gotten as far as "N..." but she kept on talking so I stopped so as not to interrupt her, and that gave me time to actually stop for a moment and think about what I was saying.

Anyway, that just struck me as really odd. Don't think I've ever done that before. I'm not attaching any sort of significance to it, if anything, I think it's funny. I was just curious if anyone else had ever done something like that?
    =][= Innocence proves nothing =][=

Relating closer to my therianthropy:

-I often refer to animals or wolves relating to myself. I have a vegan friend who remarks about how gross meat it is, I will blurt out something about wanting to stick my muzzle in there in the most unintentionally insensitive of ways.
    -If someone is discussing wolves I will reply saying 'we' to mean 'the wolves and myself'. Not that inconvenient unless one is discussing the more unsavoury behaviours of said species that I engage in or desire to.

Basically when I'm not really having an m-shift, my opinions or perception of things would still always be from a more wolflike perspective. I might not be acting on certain impulses, but I'll still think about doing it or let slip the desire to do it or make an 'odd' comment like you nearly did in your conversation.

Just plain random:

I replace the names of people or words that don't come to mind quick enough with a random item of confectionery. That can also be a standard response if someone calls me.

Although I'm not a cat therian, I might also say the word 'miaow' when perplexed or as a response. Just a habit I guess, but I don't always notice I do it. Embarrassing in formal situations...

I have a bad habit of unintentionally referring to my appendanges as front/hind legs. That's about it, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Agita View Post
    Although I'm not a cat therian, I might also say the word 'miaow' when perplexed or as a response. Just a habit I guess, but I don't always notice I do it. Embarrassing in formal situations...
    I do the same thing actually, although I say "woof". The funny thing is that I get confused if other people get confused. I just am thinking like "What? I said 'woof'. What don't you understand? How much more clear can it get?". It genuinely can convey the meaning of an entire sentence for me, and is generally slightly less socially awkward than actually imitating animal noises.
    =][= Innocence proves nothing =][=

Quote Originally Posted by KKND View Post
    The funny thing is that I get confused if other people get confused. I just am thinking like "What? I said 'woof'. What don't you understand? How much more clear can it get?". It genuinely can convey the meaning of an entire sentence for me, and is generally slightly less socially awkward than actually imitating animal noises.
    Surely people should know by now I am strange? (Eg. I said 'Miaow'- look at the context... No need to look so confused and make a big deal out of it!)

I am also very very likely to use actual animal noises, but under different circumstances.
    http://www.werelist.net/forums/showthread.php?t=25520

I've actually done similar things many time. A lot of the time I react immediately without having time to 'stop and think'. For example, I might say things about my 'fur', or "Hey, don't touch my ears!" when they are petting my hair. It's become habit for me really. It is embarrassing at times though..

But I do sounds way more than that. I'll growl if someone touches me. And if someone is too close to me, or hurts me, I'll whine. Just something I am still learning to control, over more things, it's the least of my worries at this moment.
    【 [FONT=Book Antiqua]Besides, it doesn't really matter, does it? Guy, girl, or appearance. It's what's on the inside that counts, right?[/FONT] 】

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Silver Fox Therian.[/FONT]

Blog Entries

Yes, I've been really close to referring to my hands as paws, or my arms as front legs. Maybe I've done it as well, but usually in a context where people would understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Khahirre View Post
    I have a bad habit of unintentionally referring to my appendanges as front/hind legs. That's about it, though.
    I've done something along these lines without thinking also. I think I said my back legs. And my roommate was like "you only have back legs." Lol.
    The Gods forgot they made me,
    So I forgot them too.
    -Bowie

I've wanted to, but refrained from, referring to various parts of my body that don't really exist.

Maybe it's because I think about what I say briefly before I say it; generally, a sentence like that would cause more social awkwardness than I'd like to risk. :<

One day it decided to rain while I was wearing a cloth jacket, so I get wet and soggy. I didn't mind, but while I was walking to class said, "Why does it smell like wet dog?" The minute she turned away, my first reaction was to sniff myself. I know that's not a speaking impulse, but my first thought was "My furs wet. It's not my fault."
    You can call me nothing if you want, but your still calling me something. People can say whatever they want about you, but the only way it will matter is if you agree with them.