Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun loving therians?

It's the most often used criticism for firearms. My Ak is pretty strait forward in it's working, you rock the clip in, flip the safety, pull the slide and gun ready go bang bang. but the actual shooting of it can be difficult. I use an urban combat setup with a short folding wire stock and if your not use to it it's harder to aim and given (here is one of the points the AR guys bring up, and it's true, but whatever it's about preface) it's harder to keep on target because the side is slightly off center so (unless you have a malty-dextrose variant) the kick knocks you to the side a bit and you feel it more with a shorter stock or if your like me, the stock folded. so the user has to compensate more to stay on target. not to mention proper form for you gun, it's setup, and situation. there are lots of firefights on record where hundreds or rounds go off and no one gets hurt.

As for other guns, I'm a revolver guy, though I like my autos too like the c96 mouser or the plr16. I plain to get a judge magnum and a 454 at some point when I hit 21. I would have got them sooner but the law got bumped up so I got an rifle instead, though ironically you can still own one and get a carry concealed permit at 18 just not buy handguns yourself, cuse that makes since. :P I plain to get my permit soon. in my state you only need one to carry concealed. I just don't want to carry it on my side and get harassed all the time buy people that think I'm going to start shooting or something.

Because it got brought up some of the AK-74 variants are just as accurate as the ar-15 and m-4. it just depends on the tolerances of the manufacture. As for American long guns, I kinda like the m-4's funnly enough though I don't know why. but again where your an ar or ak guy (or gale) depends of preference. So no crusading! I also like the FAL. shotguns very though and there are too many to list of the top of my head. but I do like my couch guns because they are a classic.

On the note of gun safety, that's very important I could go on all day about that but I would rather not other then say be safe with them please. It's not that hard so handle with care and responsibility.

I don't see blades as romantic, but I do like close combat over ranged weaponry. That being said, I like archery, too. Oh well. Haha...
    hold me secure in flight [SIZE="4"]☆☆☆☽ ☓ ☾☆☆☆[/SIZE] sing me to sleep tonight

Although I do prefer the bladed weapons I am not above saying that I do like a well made firearm. This is to say that while i find violence horrible in every way, I do appreciate the time some people take in the making of certain firearms. I don't like the efficiency with which the modern war machine works, there is no room for heroism and honour, I do not want to glorify war in any way but to put it frankly I like the look of things back when international combat was an art not a science.

All this said I'll take a hand craft, non-efficient flintlock pistol over the fit-the-mould AK-47 any day.
    It's the end of the world as we know it and I feel fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Facetious Fox View Post
    Although I do prefer the bladed weapons I am not above saying that I do like a well made firearm. This is to say that while i find violence horrible in every way, I do appreciate the time some people take in the making of certain firearms. I don't like the efficiency with which the modern war machine works, there is no room for heroism and honour, I do not want to glorify war in any way but to put it frankly I like the look of things back when international combat was an art not a science.

All this said I'll take a hand craft, non-efficient flintlock pistol over the fit-the-mould AK-47 any day.
    There never was and never will be any good in war, if we where still using sword and shield war would still be just as bad as it is now, if not more graphic to the people that fight them do to the nature of witch a blade works.

I was raised with guns and taught to handle them and such from my dad at an early age, regularly going to gun and knife shows most of my life. I have a lot of fun with my collection and regularly go out and shoot to have a good time (I have a lot of land access)

I've personally been collecting for about ten years and have some pretty cool stuff. I've got a lot of different calibers and styles of guns/rifles/shotguns and prefer well made even some collector stuff. I'd have to say the ones I shoot the most though would be the 22. collection because it's fairly inexpensive and I like to take my 12 ga. remington out as well. Lately I've been more into scoped rifles and revolvers, definitely prefer stainless steel guns as well.....

I wouldn't call myself a gun nut as I don't have a collection or any thorough knowledge of them, but I am a gun advocate and own one myself. I use mine purely for home defense and target practice.
    User Admin - IRC chat Therian.Net

irc.therian.net irc2.therian.net
    Type /list for a list of all active channels.

12g Browning pump action shotgun is my favorite. It was also my father's gun but now its mine.

"gun nut" is a reasonable description of me, i don't have as many as my dad or brother but i haven't been collecting them as long. none the less been shooting since i was 5 or so starting with bb guns.
    i have 3 nice semi auto Rugers.
    a 10\22 that I'm slowly turning into an over accessorised monstrosity.
    a mini-14 (.223) that i still need to get sighted in for long range, i still got about 800 rounds of FMJs for it.
    and a .44 mag that i got my first deer with. a short range gun but i could still reach out over 100 yards with it.

also got a single shot Cooey shotgun, got my first rabbit with it.
    a 6.5x55mm with the military stock
    and another that my dad gave me but can't remember what it is

I've been looking into getting a .50 BMG sniper rifle, that's mostly just to say i have 1, maybe blow a stump in half on occasion.
    i don't really have a use for hand guns, too weak and inaccurate in my opinion, can't use them for hunting. but i have considered the idea of getting a Ruger .44 mag revolver so that i have a rifle and a hand gun that use the same ammo.
    don't have any use for "spray and pray" weapons ether while I'm thinking of it.
    it's illegal to have full auto over here but no interest anyway.

as for blades i make my own knives so it's a given that i have an appreciation for them.

I use a variety of rifles for work. Guns are tools. There is a right tool for a right job. There is a limit between useful and superfluous knowledge concerning tools. The same goes for having tools merely for the sake of having them, serving no active purpose.

I do not consider an obsession with, say, wrenches, to be healthy. It seems to me usually to be a sign of an ego issue or some other maladjustment, or having too much time/money and not enough of a life. This is distinguished from the pride of being proficient with any tool for a prudent purpose, including firearms.

Orca: so you're saying you don't do anything for fun? Bummer, dude. ;D
    Gwyn
    "Ai, razminku yorshikom provodim my,
    Nobody learns no nothing from no history."
    - Golgol Bordello