Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Vampire/Werewolf War is a funny joke

The article states several times that there is no such thing as a vampire/werewolf war. I'm confused as to how he could have misunderstood it.

If there was a war, I highly doudt that werewolves were kept as pets because the two beings are evenly matched. It would just be a bloody battle.
    When I see a pack of wolves, I think family.

Silverwolf, didn't you say in the other thread that you are thirty years old? I guess it kind of surprises me a little bit that someone of your age and experience would ask a question about vampire/werewolf wars.

How old is your friend, and was he high at the time?

Also, I notice that the website you provided is making an argument against the existence of a war between werewolves and vampires. I like this statement that they make - " And, yes, people who tend to believe this way also have a habit of believing that therians and vampires do not reside in a human body."

That is pretty much all the proof of credibility we need for people who hold this belief.

Lolwut?

The only way there's a war between "vampires" and "werewolves" is if you happen to have a therian in one country, sanguinarian in the other, and they end up on a battlefield somewhere and shoot each other. Period
    The universe is hostile, so impersonal...
    Devour to survive.
    So it is, so it's always been.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikaryous View Post
    Lolwut?

The only way there's a war between "vampires" and "werewolves" is if you happen to have a therian in one country, sanguinarian in the other, and they end up on a battlefield somewhere and shoot each other. Period
    Quoted for truth.

Honestly, I think your friend is either confused or joking. It is Halloween after all.
    hold me secure in flight [SIZE="4"]☆☆☆☽ ☓ ☾☆☆☆[/SIZE] sing me to sleep tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Siverwolf View Post
    I am over at a freinds house and we are watching "Underworld"--- drama drama....
    I told him that in real life werewolves and vampires are not at war with each other. But he said, at one time they were and that lycanthropes were vampires pets???

Is that true?
    It's true in the movie Underworld. If your friend is having a hard time telling a movie story from real life, he needs professional help, badly.

People who self-identify as therians, otherkin and vampires (vampyres, sanguinarians, whatever the respectful term is these days), are actually fairly likely to have a shit-ton of stuff in common. Coping with these conditions have significant similarities. So more often than not we'll all end up friends, because there's lots of stuff we can share about our experiences of feeling like something other than human and coping with how that feels.

Picking fights with people who are actually a whole lot like us because of some silly Hollywood movie is seriously immature and irrational. Come on, people. We live in the real world, not the X Files or some lame-ass movie, and *all* of us "not entirely human on the inside" types have helpful viewpoints to share with one another. Otherkin and vamps are welcome here on Werelist and always have been, though it's a therian-focused board.

Eh, it could be worse. He could be telling you that vampires sparkle.

Quote Originally Posted by RunningWolf View Post
    If there was a war, I highly doudt that werewolves were kept as pets because the two beings are evenly matched. It would just be a bloody battle.
    Uh, you mean, in the movie? Or are you imagining that there is such a thing as real vampires and real werewolves who have uber powers and stuff? I know it's Halloween, but sheesh.

Movies are movies, real life is not nearly that exciting. What happens in real life if you kidnap people and try to keep them against their will is you go to jail. That's reality. Vampire/werewolf "wars" are not reality.
    Last edited by Savage; March 21st, 2016 at 02:20 PM.

I'm hoping this is some kind of Halloween "trick?"

At any rate, if your friend is an adult, I really hope that he was just pulling your leg. Anyone who believes in actual vampires/werewolves beyond the capacity as humans who identify as such is of questionable mental integrity, and the suggestion of a war between the two? Oye.

No, no, no and no.

No there is no vampire vs. werewolves war in real life. However...

Quote Originally Posted by Velvela View Post
    The vampire vs werewolf thing is a Hollywood creation to keep people entertained. It's epic, makes decent-selling movies and books, and so on. It's nothing more than human imagination. I think your buddy is a bit too into the delusion.
    ...If we were going by roleplay rules (such as White wolf) vampires have a fair chance against werewolves. But that's neither here nor there.
    *Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away
    *"We are not human beings on a spiritual journey. We are spiritual beings on a human journey."