Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 513

Thread: Weight loss/Becoming healthy support thread!

  1. #101

    Default

    Not much has changed as far as getting motivated to exercise on a regular basis but I'm changing my diet. Eating less fattening foods, and eating more healthy things like not back for seconds and eating whole grain flat bread sandwiches loaded with lots of veggies. I've been choosing healthier snacks when I'm working nights, and I only drink coffee during the first part of my shift. Afterwards, I'll drink herbal teas just for something to drink when I'm bored, haha :P.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    PA, USA
    Posts
    3,014

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SugarBlitz View Post
    It sucks how hard it is x_x
    Yes, absolutely. However, when you hit your goal it feels awesome and all the hard work and sacrifice are then worth it.

    "That's wolves for ya', good guys!" -Wolf, t10k
    wolf/werewolf | 37 | female | writer | scuba diver | funny | chaotic good | Hufflepuff | eclectic witch

  3. #103
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    NoVa
    Posts
    723

    Default

    Not much has changed as far as getting motivated to exercise on a regular basis but I'm changing my diet. Eating less fattening foods, and eating more healthy things like not back for seconds and eating whole grain flat bread sandwiches loaded with lots of veggies. I've been choosing healthier snacks when I'm working nights, and I only drink coffee during the first part of my shift. Afterwards, I'll drink herbal teas just for something to drink when I'm bored, haha
    That sounds a lot like me. Trying really hard to eat at the 4 hour intervals and eat healthier. Been really good this week about snacks and no sugar. Lost another 1# this week even though I didn;t excercise and I knocked off a twelve pack over the weekend. If I could stop THAT part I think I would lose much faster! I'll try to abstain this weekend. I also have 1 coffee in the morning and green tea or herbal during the day depending on how tired I am. This and the better diet and lower sugar has dropped my blood pressure a full 10 points (!)

    For lunches I have been making wraps with a whole wheat tortilla and spinach, meat, red onion and goat yogurt. Somewhat addicting actually!

    I got my new low profile running shoes but haven't had the gumption to take them out yet, hoping to tonight.

    I'll let everyone know how I do over the weekend on jogging and brews A little accountability always helps!

  4. #104

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amarok View Post
    .... This and the better diet and lower sugar has dropped my blood pressure a full 10 points (!)
    ME TOOO!!! I visited my doctor a few weeks ago to have an annual physical (which I haven't done in over 10 years!) and my blood work came back normal, and my blood pressure was 110/70 I've always had normal to a lower than normal BP though :P. It's nice knowing that it's not getting higher than it should be.

  5. #105

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by elinox View Post
    Yes, absolutely. However, when you hit your goal it feels awesome and all the hard work and sacrifice are then worth it.
    yes! When I found out I lost more weight yestersay at the socs, I was so happy. They told me my blood pressure has improved too.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    You're pantry...knock knock.
    Posts
    190

    Default

    I need to get back to exercise and eating healthy again for spring and summer. My winter slack off is coming to a close. More than anything I need to put some weight on as well. Sometimes I just don't eat at all for days at a time and recently have been told I am very anemic. I can't wait till spring for the parks to open up so I can go running with my dog but i think for now I should be more concerned with putting on weight. Normally with my depression I can stay a good 115 but now i am 95 and at my height that is very bad. My therapist asked if I was anorexic. Does anyone know if aside from building muscles to protein shakes help put on weight? Also are there any brands that are 'not healthy' for you or cause health problems. I have a very strict diet as a singer and even more a very sensitive system. I have really been disregarding my health this winter T.T
    Rattus Rattus...it wasn't my fault so don't blame me. It wasn't my fault go blame the flea. It wasn't my fault that you fell ill, and yet you blame me. My people you kill.

  7. #107

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RougeRat View Post
    I need to get back to exercise and eating healthy again for spring and summer. My winter slack off is coming to a close. More than anything I need to put some weight on as well. Sometimes I just don't eat at all for days at a time and recently have been told I am very anemic. I can't wait till spring for the parks to open up so I can go running with my dog but i think for now I should be more concerned with putting on weight. Normally with my depression I can stay a good 115 but now i am 95 and at my height that is very bad. My therapist asked if I was anorexic. Does anyone know if aside from building muscles to protein shakes help put on weight? Also are there any brands that are 'not healthy' for you or cause health problems. I have a very strict diet as a singer and even more a very sensitive system. I have really been disregarding my health this winter T.T
    *hugsquishhug* Ratty please don't be depressed I will tell you what helped me put on weight; cake!

    No, but really.. Coming from someone who's starved herself more than once due to depression, or binged, and been all over the numbers.. If you need someone to talk to I'm here. Eating comfort food like potatos and steak are what really helped me put on weight when I needed to. Junk food just made me feel worse.

  8. #108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SugarBlitz View Post
    Hey everyone I hope it's okay to post on kind of an older thread xD
    Yes, don't worry, posting on older threads is fine! We prefer that people post on old threads rather than make new ones on the same subject, it saves space. :3

  9. #109
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    You're pantry...knock knock.
    Posts
    190

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SugarBlitz View Post
    *hugsquishhug* Ratty please don't be depressed I will tell you what helped me put on weight; cake!

    No, but really.. Coming from someone who's starved herself more than once due to depression, or binged, and been all over the numbers.. If you need someone to talk to I'm here. Eating comfort food like potatos and steak are what really helped me put on weight when I needed to. Junk food just made me feel worse.
    Ah nice, yeah it's so hard to keep weight on when you never feel hungry because depression has you down. Even harder when my mom is on a diet so all we have is healthy food or diet food which though I like to is not helping my case and I normally only eat once a day because of work or not at all.
    Rattus Rattus...it wasn't my fault so don't blame me. It wasn't my fault go blame the flea. It wasn't my fault that you fell ill, and yet you blame me. My people you kill.

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    629
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Tlyeah I went for a checkup Tue other day and the doctor said that to achieve average weight to height ratios I would need to lose 60 pounds. Its not east because with all the time I've given over to classes and homework. I don't want to lose the last 5 hours of my week with friends exercising alone. However I have made one healthy change to my diet. I don't eat meat after 5pm anymore. It seems pointless to me that you would eat foods that produce slow- release energy a few hours before bed.
    [SIZE=1][SIZE=2]Engineer, hobbyist, fighter, archer, fox.
    [/SIZE]
    -Avatar courtesy of Wolfsnake[/SIZE]

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •